Spirit Animals?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

The-J-Man

Spirit Animals?

Post by The-J-Man »

(I know that a lot of people have spirit animals, and i was curious about everyone else.)
Post your spirit animal and don't forget to mention its symbolic purpose:

My spirit animal is the CENTIPEDE: The sign of the Warrior

Profile: The centipede is an animal that is constantly on the prowl for violent creatures as a caster of vengeance. much like the snake, they are crafty and always seem to have what they need, especially when they really need it...more uniquely; they are fast and ruthless hunters that rarely let opportunities pass them up. with so many species of this insect in the world, people with the centipede spirit tend to have large families

Whats's yours?
Last edited by The-J-Man on Sat May 23, 2015 12:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mickey

Re: Spirit Animals?

Post by Mickey »

Another reason to explain why this little miscreant is on my shoulder.

My Spirit Animal is the MOUSE: The Sign of Awareness

"You have a gift for paying attention to the minutest of details in everything your do. You can easily discern which details are the important ones and which one do not need your attention. Your heightened awareness of your surroundings allows you to spot danger long before others around you. You also tend to be rather timid or shy in time of stress. Your temerity does not go unrecognized by yourself however and is often compensated for by your adaptability and determination."

And for more information: I can walk, looking down at my phone, and still navigate without hitting anything or anyone. I always try to get things to look like they would in my head when drawing, right down to a hair spike. I can hear a speeding car before it ever turns the corner. I can't stand it when everyone claims me as, "The Smartest One In Class", and then expect me to answer everything.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

My spirit animal is the Wolf. Don't know what sign it is though.

Characteristics: Sharp intelligence, deep connection with instincts, trust or lack thereof in someone or in yourself

Spirit Animal Profile: The wolf offers some of the most striking animal meanings in the realm of spirit animals. The power of the wolf brings forth instinct, intelligence, appetite for freedom, and awareness of the importance of social connections. This animal can also symbolize fear of being threatened and lack of trust. When the wolf shows up in your life, pay attention to what your intuition is telling you.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really not sure what mine is. I got to go and get tested.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Mine is a Phoenix. Hot, angry and whatnot and always recreating himself.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Because I got sent a quiz by a friend through my e-mail, I decided to take it to see what my spirit animal is.

Your spirit animal is the Bear

Characteristics: Strength, confidence, leadership, healing, strong grounding forces

Spirit Animal Profile: In the kingdom of spirit animals, the bear is emblematic of grounding forces and strength. This animal has been worshiped throughout time as a powerful totem, inspiring those who need it the courage to stand up against adversity. As a spirit animal in touch with the earth and the cycles of nature, it is a powerful guide to support physical and emotional healing.
RashallVetkay

Post by RashallVetkay »

I don't even know what my spirit animal is.
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

Xbox Live ID: Rashall Vetkay

Steam ID: Rashall (same avatar picture as here on the forums)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

http://www.spiritanimal.info/spirit-animal-quiz/

You can take that test here and see what your spirit animal is in a few seconds.
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

The quizzes should be programmed better.

I always lose the connection after the first or second page and have to retake the quizzes again. :x

Edit:

ERROR 524

:x
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Is it your computer or the website?
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Was the website/server.

Now today it worked fine.
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
JustAThought

Post by JustAThought »

My spirit animal appears to be the Owl.

"The owl spirit animal is emblematic of a deep connection with wisdom and intuitive knowledge. If you have the owl as totem or power animal, you’re likely to have the ability to see what’s usually hidden to most."

This is absurd of course. My eyesight is terrible.

Another interpretation of this meaning is, naturally "No fun at parties," which is something I learned through experience.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

JustAThought wrote:My spirit animal appears to be the Owl.

"The owl spirit animal is emblematic of a deep connection with wisdom and intuitive knowledge. If you have the owl as totem or power animal, you’re likely to have the ability to see what’s usually hidden to most."
Same. I tend to be a pretty good judge of character most times, and pretty good at predicting what's going to happen in a given situation. This also makes me something of a realist; some might say pessimist.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Fish Preferred

Post by Fish Preferred »

Why is this even a thing? These descriptions are nothing but glittering generalities that barely even make sense.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

It's not our place to question what others find entertainment value in. Please refrain from doing so, per the forum rules on treating one another with respect and civility.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Just one of the things to pass the time for a lot of people. Decided to give it a whirl for the fun of it, using the one Dayzee linked.

Deer
Characteristics: Gentleness, grace, innocence, being sensitive and intuitive, vigilance

Spirit Animal Profile: When you have the deer as spirit animal, you are highly sensitive and have a strong intuition. By affinity with this animal, you have the power to deal with challenges with grace. You master the art of being both determined and gentle in your approach. The deer totem wisdom imparts those with a special connection with this animal with the ability to be vigilant, move quickly, and trust their instincts to get out the trickiest situations.

...so, almost true. I work in a kitchen, where while we do aim for the same goal, there are those we don't get along with. I've been told I'm probably the nicest person working there at the moment.

These same people have also seen me at my most hostile. Stress will do that to you. It's hard to stay positive sometimes, mainly when I'm on the verge of falling apart. I don't view myself too highly, I don't trust my first instincts, but I don't give up. Giving up is the one worst thing I can do to them, and I won't just abandon them. I love what I do, and I accepted that there will be days where the demands are excruciating.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Back when I was still deciding on my fursona's species, an old forum member sent me a link to this quite comprehensive list of spirit animals and their characteristics to see which one fits me the most. I had wanted a wolf fursona, but the guy advised me against it since there were too many wolves and canines in general.

I had a read, and I saw the page for the otter. I knew what otters were, and I thought they were cute and mammal-y enough. Then I saw the description. The exact word I forgot, but I remember 'playful', 'friendly' and 'frail and easily hurt'. These words resonated with me the most, being someone who strongly believes in both extremes in an issue, so an otter I became. Best decision ever :3

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Huh, I'm a butterfly. Never would've guessed.

Your spirit animal is the Butterfly

Characteristics: Powerful transformation, metamorphosis, playfulness, the world of the soul

Spirit Animal Profile: The butterfly is one of the most emblematic totem animals symbolizing personal transformation. If you see the butterfly as your totem or spirit animal, pay attention to the areas in your life or personality that are in need of profound change or transformation. Perhaps, this animal totem guides you to be sensitive to your personal cycles of expansion and growth, as well as the beauty of life’s continuous unfolding
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

^^Omg same! I never would have thought I was a butterfly.
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
TwoManyTwos

Post by TwoManyTwos »

I also got the butterfly.
Rise, my army of mangos, and ruin their cleanliness!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I took the quiz and got bear. but that didn't feel right and I was unsure of some of my answers, and I took it again.

the second time, I got the deer. that feels more accurate.
"Characteristics: Gentleness, grace, innocence, being sensitive and intuitive, vigilance

Spirit Animal Profile: When you have the deer as spirit animal, you are highly sensitive and have a strong intuition. By affinity with this animal, you have the power to deal with challenges with grace. You master the art of being both determined and gentle in your approach. The deer totem wisdom imparts those with a special connection with this animal with the ability to be vigilant, move quickly, and trust their instincts to get out the trickiest situations."

I tend to put things off a lot and let them pile up. and when I do, I still get things done and still do it calmly (determined and gentle, deal with challenges with grace)
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I also got the DEER. See description above....
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

According to that quiz, my spirit animal is the butterfly, which symbolizes playfulness and a powerful transformation. I think I’ll look up other spirit animal quizzes and see what they say.
EDIT: this quiz on Brainfall said I’m a whale, since I “have a strong inner voice and always listen to my personal truth.” Wouldn’t recommend the site, had way too many pop up ads.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'm convinced mine is the duck.

Everyone likes to remind me of this and i'm thankful! My Grandfather loved showing me them and same to him. God bless his soul.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I would have guess bear just because of how often i get compared to one, but on-line surveys apparently disagree.

Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's just for fun anyway, so don't take it too seriously. It's not like people have objective spirit animals or anything. :3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Mistacheeeez
Location: Scouring the vast wastelands of the internet for any memes not yet devoured by the masses!

Post by Mistacheeeez »

Mine is the fox! I don't really believe in spirit animals, and I haven't taken a quiz or anything for it, but for as long as I can remember, I've always felt kind of connected to the fox; I seem to share a lot in common with what they represent, and whenever there was any fox in any show or anything as a child, then I was all over that! That's why I always wanted to make a fursona or something that's a fox, but sadly, apparently everyone else had the same idea, so now doing so would be too mainstream! That and, just the fact that so many other people have chosen the fox and we're all being bogged down with foxes makes it feel ingenous and almost disrespectful, too many of a special thing starts to make it lose its special-ness...
... Anyways! That's why the fox is my spirit animal!
Attachments
Fox-Spirit-Totem-Power-Animal-Symbolism-Meaning-1200x630.jpg
Fox-Spirit-Totem-Power-Animal-Symbolism-Meaning-1200x630.jpg (142.34 KiB) Viewed 11751 times
I thought about changing my signature but decided against it, it's too much work!