2016/02/08 - Trailer Fodder

Post by Obbl »

[ Trailer Fodder ]

Title Text: i dunno why but i always prefer leftovers

Jessica is mistress of the misdirect :D
D-Rock

Re: 2016/02/08 - Trailer Fodder

Post by D-Rock »

Well, some things, like the purpose of a fridge, take a little to learn for a feral.
Obbl wrote:[ Trailer Fodder ]

Title Text: i dunno why but i always prefer leftovers
Well, some things really are better the day after, like soups and stews. Flavors are given time to actually meld together.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
TheBlasterizer

Post by TheBlasterizer »

I'll take some doritos, please
My DA can be found Here!
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Xane wrote:Being an herbivore would really suck.
Im a vegan and I find that offensi- ... Naaaaahhhhh just messing with you

But in all seriousness, a moment of silence for the person who has to clean that up
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

You get a sinking feeling
That Jess isn’t winning with the Wolves.
She’s crawling on the ceiling
But her isolation at least Zach solves.
Her hugbunny;s here
To see her wonderful, temporary, life
He’s starting to fear
That all this is just causing her strife.
The food under the bed
Is just a mess as she would store it;
If Poncho hits her head
again, she’ll have him – nothing for it.
She’s feeling the strain
Show her how to watch the box, Zach,
Let her rot her brain;
It’ll probably save the whole Wolf pack.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Really Jessica? :lol:
Frank

Post by Frank »

So, I'm guessing rock's regular camera crew are too wussy to take this job?
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Cerberus
Location: The Underworld (My Summer house) or Heaven (My main home)

Post by Cerberus »

Poor Poncho, he has to deal with Jess while filming.

Also gotta love Zach's face in panel 4.
When your dog reminds you of Housepets :P
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

I saw that last panel and I was surprised that I was surprised she did that. Part of me figured he to be one of the smartest critters in the woods. Street smart...Woodland smart?
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Reminds me of my boyfriend's father. He would find food from a few days ago and EAT it even if it was bad. :?
pokeblue

Post by pokeblue »

Hrk! Admittingly what she did isn't all too surprising to me. Though it does unfortunately remind me of a certain game one of my pals use to do with leftovers and have the rest of my other friends and myself play.
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

A fridge with an ice dispencer, Rock spared no expense.
Hi Hi Pie
Argent

Post by Argent »

Gbr23 wrote:But in all seriousness, a moment of silence for the person who has to clean that up
"Hey, Bino, you want to play with a flamethrower?"
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

I see Jessica eats in style...an unconventional style but a style nonetheless!
Unusuallynamedperson

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

Well can't say that isn't gourmet, she has all the ingredients after all. :P
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Oh yes, Delicious. Give it up for master chef Jessica everyone.
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
TheGayHare

Post by TheGayHare »

Xane wrote:Being an herbivore would really suck.
Ehhhh not really
turns out Herbivores arent strictly plant eaters they are opertunistic meat eaters. they arnt built for hunting down there own meat but they do eat it when they can. deer have been recorded stripping the meat from fresh kills, eating birds, eggs, and squirrels. rabbits also love meat eating squirrles, and the like. Heck there is a type of tropical island squirrell that the natives say kills deer and eat there hearts.

so in nature there is no such thing as a pure herbivore
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Nice, the cute hungry bunny went to visit Jessica. :) Yeah, that's a bad life, eh Jess? :P But, you get a point about the annoying following camera... ;) But what... Bleah! :? Really, Jessica? :lol: Was better if Rock taught you about how use the big premium class fridge you're having in the trailer... ;) Funny how in the third panel they're near the fridge, thinking that she's going to open it. :D The mattress isn't always a good place to store (that kind of) food. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wonder if Jessica knows that Zack is a herbivore and won't eat anything that isn't a vegetable or anything that is expired.
Unusuallynamedperson

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I wonder if Jessica knows that Zack is a herbivore and won't eat anything that isn't a vegetable or anything that is expired.
She does, she just doesn't really understand it. We saw that back at the fair arc when she offered him a corn dog thinking it didn't have any meat in it.
Ghost Machine

Post by Ghost Machine »

Frank wrote:So, I'm guessing rock's regular camera crew are too wussy to take this job?
Given Karishad's record, would you wanna be responsible for him?
cuteycindyhoney

Post by cuteycindyhoney »

I love Jess! You can take the girl out of the woods, but you can't take the woods out of the girl!
LOL!
The animated signature I've used for years is too big for this forum! When I get time, I'll have to deconstruct it and make it smaller!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I thought that Poncho WAS part of Rock's camera crew?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Heh, opossum food...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Fish Preferred

Post by Fish Preferred »

TheGayHare wrote:Heck there is a type of tropical island squirrell that the natives say kills deer and eat there hearts.
This is the only part of your post that might be in any way true, as fooling tourists with nonsensical stories is something of a pastime in some cultures.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

The detail of the under-the-mattress variety food is pretty detailed. Rick is trying to gross us out =3

oh, boy. the wolves are becoming wrapped up in the ferret business more and more,huh? Soon they won't have to worry about a wolf army.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
rourkie

Post by rourkie »

I think you guys are missing an important point here. Jess probably stores all her "regular" food under or around her sleeping nest/burrow for safe keeping. She probably did the same with these items out of habit mostly.
--
"Some things are beyond the logic of our eyes and ears..."
Argent

Post by Argent »

rourkie wrote:I think you guys are missing an important point here. Jess probably stores all her "regular" food under or around her sleeping nest/burrow for safe keeping. She probably did the same with these items out of habit mostly.
Bonus snacks for Karishad.
TheGayHare

Post by TheGayHare »

Fish Preferred wrote:
TheGayHare wrote:Heck there is a type of tropical island squirrell that the natives say kills deer and eat there hearts.
This is the only part of your post that might be in any way true, as fooling tourists with nonsensical stories is something of a pastime in some cultures.
Youd like to think so wouldn't you. and while there is no documented proof of the killer heart eating squirrel. there i plenty of scientific, video and anacdotal evidance for the other situations I mentioned.

the fact that red and gray squirrels eat eggs, and will kill and eat the young of competitor squirrel that enter there territory i well documented.

scientists have documented deer eating birds, baby birds, frogs and eggs, as well as stripping meat from fresh kills, or rooting around in gut piles placed in the woods to study the local scavengers.

**** there is a cow that has become a internet celebrity do to the fact that it eat baby chicks.'
I can link to video of that one but I won't the cheeping is rather disturbing

But pandas, kangaroos, giraffes, rabbits, turtles. they might not seek out meat but if they come across it they will eat it

a few articles though if you don't believe me
http://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/2013/ ... s-of-deer/
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_an ... vided.html

I mean this is rather tame compared to some other habits of cute cuddly wild life but you cant really talk about sea otter and ducks in a polite conversation

Nature is a weird place with island deer who's flight mechanism makes them try to hide under water, to song birds so poisonous your hand can go numb just touching them. the fact that the line between carnivore and herbivore is a lot more blurry then people think isn't even that strange.

*edit PS sorry for any dropped S's in my posts my key board is dieing and I try to catch them but some slips through

Mod Edit: Do not use that word as profanity
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Well, not everything that they teach us in the school is true.

Like, what's the material state of the jelly/gelatin?
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

TheGayHare wrote:the fact that red and gray squirrels eat eggs, and will kill and eat the young of competitor squirrel that enter there territory i well documented.
That sounds more like teritorial behavior though. They're eliminating competition for their actual food. that doesn't mean they have the digestive structures to actually digest and derive nourishment from it.
TheGayHare wrote:scientists have documented deer eating birds, baby birds, frogs and eggs, as well as stripping meat from fresh kills, or rooting around in gut piles placed in the woods to study the local scavengers.

Horses do the exact same thing. Just because they can eat meat doesn't mean they're part carnivore though. Technically anything can eat anything if it has the right kind of teeth. Animals consuming things they can't digest doesn't indicate anything other than anomalous behavior. What you should be doing is trying to find WHY they're behaving in this way, not repeating and compounding other people's speculation like the pair of Internet-tabloids (There are no cited sources and none of the links go anywhere credible. Just poor quality youtube videos and eachother's articles.) you cited are doing.

Going back to the horse example, For a horse, there's no nutritional or caloric benefit to consuming meat products, they can't digest it properly. in some cases it actually causes problems. They'll eat it, but there's no point to it (beyond possibly flavor?). It's not a hard leap to make that deer, a herbivore from a similar genetic family, share this trait.

Plenty of animals will eat things they can't digest. Humans do it all the time. Scavengers that steal trash will sometimes eat plastic. Bears will eat dirt while preparing to hibernate. My dog used to eat logs. I knew a dog down the road from the house I grew up in that ate ROCKS. That doesn't magically mean lithovores exist outside of fiction, any more than odd behaviour from a few deer make them carnivores.

unless you can provide proof from a credible source (Ie: someone who cites a university or reseasrch institution as their source, not poor cellphone cam videos.) that actually explains Why it's happening rather than just speculating What is happening you're not going to get anywhere.

Speaking of which, this topic should probably be dropped or moved elswhere before one of the mods gets angry about going off topic...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
darkclaw

Post by darkclaw »

Buster wrote:
TheGayHare wrote:the fact that red and gray squirrels eat eggs, and will kill and eat the young of competitor squirrel that enter there territory i well documented.
That sounds more like teritorial behavior though. They're eliminating competition for their actual food. that doesn't mean they have the digestive structures to actually digest and derive nourishment from it.
TheGayHare wrote:scientists have documented deer eating birds, baby birds, frogs and eggs, as well as stripping meat from fresh kills, or rooting around in gut piles placed in the woods to study the local scavengers.

Horses do the exact same thing. Just because they can eat meat doesn't mean they're part carnivore though. Technically anything can eat anything if it has the right kind of teeth. Animals consuming things they can't digest doesn't indicate anything other than anomalous behavior. What you should be doing is trying to find WHY they're behaving in this way, not repeating and compounding other people's speculation like the pair of Internet-tabloids (There are no cited sources and none of the links go anywhere credible. Just poor quality youtube videos and eachother's articles.) you cited are doing.

Going back to the horse example, For a horse, there's no nutritional or caloric benefit to consuming meat products, they can't digest it properly. in some cases it actually causes problems. They'll eat it, but there's no point to it (beyond possibly flavor?). It's not a hard leap to make that deer, a herbivore from a similar genetic family, share this trait.

Plenty of animals will eat things they can't digest. Humans do it all the time. Scavengers that steal trash will sometimes eat plastic. Bears will eat dirt while preparing to hibernate. My dog used to eat logs. I knew a dog down the road from the house I grew up in that ate ROCKS. That doesn't magically mean lithovores exist outside of fiction, any more than odd behaviour from a few deer make them carnivores.

unless you can provide proof from a credible source (Ie: someone who cites a university or reseasrch institution as their source, not poor cellphone cam videos.) that actually explains Why it's happening rather than just speculating What is happening you're not going to get anywhere.

Speaking of which, this topic should probably be dropped or moved elswhere before one of the mods gets angry about going off topic...
This is the problem of modern science. We have these great new tools and yet no one will consider evidence caught by them "credible". I can understand from the point of view of writing an academic paper. However, that is not what he's doing. He's not stating why just that they do. He's stating a random fact. take it as is and move on. that is what I do. believe me wasting too much time checking facts is just inane.
Argent

Post by Argent »

tsMKG wrote:Like, what's the material state of the jelly/gelatin?
Colloid.

Colloids come in multiple forms, depending on what the primary and secondary components are.

Examples:

Primary is solid - amalgam (secondary is another solid), gel (liquid) or aerogel (gas)
Primary is liquid - suspension (secondary is solid), emulsion (liquid), or foam (gas)
Primary is gas - smoke (secondary is solid) or mist/fog (liquid)

I don't think there's a gas/gas colloid, gasses will just mix completely.
TheGayHare

Post by TheGayHare »

Buster wrote: that doesn't mean they have the digestive structures to actually digest and derive nourishment from it.

Then why eat them. if they were simply eliminating competition which i a large part of it why et them and how does territorial behavior explain them stealing and eggs, or eating insects, or suet. There digestive tracts are not primed for a meat based diet but to say they get nothing from it is foolish.
Buster wrote: Going back to the horse example, For a horse, there's no nutritional or caloric benefit to consuming meat products, they can't digest it properly. in some cases it actually causes problems. They'll eat it, but there's no point to it (beyond possibly flavor?). It's not a hard leap to make that deer, a herbivore from a similar genetic family, share this trait.

Wrong again a ruminants digestive tract isn't primed for a meat based diet but they do derive nutrients from it, protein is protein after all and meat actualy breaks down a lot easier then cellulose. It is true that herbivors arent designed to hunt down and kill prey. and thats not what they do they are opportunistic meat eaters if they find something they can eat they will but they can not chew through skin its ro hard there mouths and teeth aren't right so they eat limbs, ears and if its a gut pile the soft discarded organs including the stomachs with depending on the kill might include the deceased on prechewed last meal.

Buster wrote: Plenty of animals will eat things they can't digest. Humans do it all the time. Scavengers that steal trash will sometimes eat plastic. Bears will eat dirt while preparing to hibernate. My dog used to eat logs. I knew a dog down the road from the house I grew up in that ate ROCKS. That doesn't magically mean lithovores exist outside of fiction, any more than odd behaviour from a few deer make them carnivores.

Lots of animals eat rocks, In many cases they need too. In some cases its mineral deficiance causing them to search for ways to supliment there diets in others it part of there digestive system. Take my chickens. They need rocks, grit sand in there diet because its needed for them to break down there food. This shocks people, despite it being common knowlage. they are also suprised to learn that the humble chicken is a fearsome hunter, Of anything smaller then it mind you. While my girls favorite treats are meal worms and oats I have seen one leap into the air and knock out a sparrow in flight (which is weird for such a fat bird) I have seem them eat snakes, mice, chipmunks and squirrels. But people are still startled when they see me sharing a ham sandwich with them (You would share your meal too if you aw those hungery little faces peering up at you just wanting a taste)

and I am not saying deer are carnivorous I'm saying that herbivores are not as rigidly locked into a plant eating role as people seem to assume
Buster wrote:unless you can provide proof from a credible source (Ie: someone who cites a university or reseasrch institution as their source, not poor cellphone cam videos.) that actually explains Why it's happening rather than just speculating What is happening you're not going to get anywhere.
Is national geographic credible?
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... sdeer.html

but your not going to find many university studies on this because there is no real interest in this its a niche field that no one really cares about. Plus it runs smack dab up against the popular beilef. Its like how people still think lemmings will enmass run off cliffs. Or how most think homosexual activity does not happen in nature. People assume they know the truth so they never look into it to deeply. Offer proof to the contrary and they are quick to dismiss it as isolated incidents from non credible sources
Unusuallynamedperson

Dude, you really need to clip your chickens wings. Also, those aren't really herbivores, plus mine do similiar gross stuff like that.

And, yes cheetahs commence homosexual activities I believe. It still doesn't represent anything because it is so solemn, and that so few cases occur.

In general, nature is weird. 8-)
TheGayHare

Post by TheGayHare »

Unusuallynamedperson wrote:Dude, you really need to clip your chickens wings. Also, those aren't really herbivores, plus mine do similiar gross stuff like that.

And, yes cheetahs commence homosexual activities I believe. It still doesn't represent anything because it is so solemn, and that so few cases occur.

In general, nature is weird. 8-)

LOL never ment to imply chickens are herbivores, my girls are omnivores for sure but its all in the perception. I tell my co worker at the library "oh we had some left over beef stew that had been in the fridge for too long so I gave it to my chickens" her reaction was "Ohh my is it safe to let them eat meat" I just had to giggle

homosexual behaviours are interesting if undertudied I think. Simply because of the huge variaty and differnce that the actions take between species. with cheetahs I think Its more common for females then males if I'm remembering correctly but its not a forever thing. but with geese or dolphins you can find life long same sex pair bonding. Some animals even have different mating rituals depending on the gender of there target, my favorite was the male ostrich who has wildly differnt dance steps depending on if hes tryin to attract another male or a female.

Sorry to ramble on just having fun

Nature is weird thats for sure
Unusuallynamedperson

Interesting isn't exactly the word I'd use to describe it. :?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The word I would use to describe it is terrifying.
Unusuallynamedperson

Don't go into science dayzee! :lol: I can call you that right?

Everything in science either sounds painful, or is scary kinda like the mystery of flat feet...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh trust me. I won't. I suck at science. I had a teacher tell me that to my face at one point. My sister likes biotechnology though.