Pet Friendly: Yorkshire Fields

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Neko

Pet Friendly: Yorkshire Fields

Post by Neko »

================
Start-Day 1
================

It was another sunny day in Yorkshire Fields, only a few clouds in the sky. Pets and owners a like were waking up to start their day, some already in their car to work or others simply waking up and going downstairs to open shop. The streets were relatively quiet near the housing area besides the birds in the park that could be heard chirping happily to the new day as everyone woke up. It was a normal day for everyone, everyone except for one particular Arctic Wolf waking in the park...

The Arctic Wolf was leaning back against an Oak tree, opening his eyes from all the chirping birds. He stared blankly out at the scenery, almost as if his brain was still waking up itself. He sat up, rubbing his head before holding his hands out for examination. Fur? What the... He balled his hands into fists, feeling their strength. He jumped up and examined his body. Mainly white fur, mixture of brown on my chest, black trail on my tail... He walked over to the nearby pond, looking down into his reflection, turning and examining his body. Even opening his muzzle to see all his canine teeth. Wolf...I'm an Arctic Wolf? Why can't I remember anything...Who am I, and where am I? He noticed the collar in his reflection and quickly pulled the tag up so he could read it. Let's see...Jake? That must be my name, but...No address, no phone number? I have a collar so I must have an owner right? But why would they leave off all the important details, did I have 2 tags, and the information one fall off?

Jake examined himself one last time, turning and following the cement walkway through the park and onto the sidewalk. He looked up and down at all the townhouses, the street barren of moving vehicles. Maybe I live in one of these houses, I couldn't have wandered to far from home...Or maybe I can find someone who knows me and can point me home! Yea that will work, maybe I can figure out why I can't remember anything...

Meanwhile, a small and rather skinny German Shepard pup was having a hard time himself. After being found unconscious on the sidewalk and taken into the pound by animal control the day before, we find the puppy huddled in the corner of his cage. He shook from hunger, but mainly from fear. The pup didn't trust humans the slightest, so he didn't dare touch the food or water they provided him. The only reason he was awake now was from the nutrient shots he was given to put energy into his system so he could wake from his unconsciousness.

The poor pup just shook with fear, not knowing what was to be of his fate. His mind racing with questions and worry, when one of the female workers came by to kneel down to the pup's cage. “Hey little guy, why don't you eat some of your kibble, or drink some water?” She spoke with a friendly voice and smile, trying to get the pup at ease. He responded by curling up in the corner, facing away from the strange woman. Please just leave me alone, please go away...I didn't do anything wrong, my parents didn't do anything wrong... The pup choked back his tears, remembering when his parents were forcefully taken from him and barely escaping himself.

The female worker sighed, watching the scared pup. “I wish you would eat something, you're just going to pass out again...” She gave the pup one last concerned look before standing. 'If he doesn't start eating soon we're just gonna have to...*Sigh* We can't do anything if he won't eat...' She turned and headed back to the front.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Alex

Re: Pet Friendly: Yorkshire Fields

Post by Alex »

In the hallway of a small townhouse, a black cat moved in his pet-bed, placed in the corner. A loud, grumbling voice could be heard coming from the cat's stomach, and anyone who was near there would definitely feel the smell. After a short while of rolling in the bed, Gary got up, yawned, stretched, rubbed his eyes and stood up, in a bad mood, as usual. The mattress he slept on was very uncomfortable. It was too soft, and scratchy. The books stored under it made it just more uncomfortable. His back was aching, as well as his legs. Bruce (his dad) was in the living room, sitting on the couch, a glass of something, probably alcoholic, in his hand, looking at the TV. Gary walked up to him, hoping that Bruce will give him at least an old can of tuna fish or something. Anything eatable would suit him.
Dad...?
"Go away. You reek and you're already annoying me." - came the reply from the man, without even looking at him.
I wouldn't stink if you'd let me use the shower.
After these words, the hand, with the glass in it, made quick contact with Gary's face, after which the cat rolled away.
"Don't you dare answer me anymore! Get out!"
Some of the liquid spilled on his face, making the wound even more painful. It was alcohol, after all. Stinky, with a blue eye (left one), and smelling on alcohol, Gary walked out of the house, swearing under his breath. Whatever. It wasn't anything new, really. He headed in a random direction, stumbling across an... arctic wolf. Weird. Gary lived here his whole life, and never saw this guy before.
Oh, hi. Are you new here? You look lost, can I help you?
He tried to say that with a smile, but didn't manage to do so after what just happened. His stomach grumbled again, too, after which a small blush appeared on his face.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Zander

Post by Zander »

Maple woke up from her pet bed on the inside of there door, she let out a huge stretch and yawn at the same time as the sunlight of the morning shone through the window, illuminating small dust particles in the air. She sat up in bed, taking a quick glance around. "Good morning world!" she screamed out, hopping out of the dampened dirty pet bed.
"Maple be quiet!" Her dad yelled at her from a seperate room. Maples ears fell back a little, turning toward the door. "Ill be back by nighttime" Maple said, walking to the door. She couldn't hear any response from her dad, she she reached up and turned the knob, walking out into the hallway, she took the stairs, waving to passer-bys as she made her way to the front door. She walked out as someone else came in. she walked a short distance, waving to everybody she made her way over to the park, climbing up the first tree she came too, she crawled out onto the branch, laughing to herself as she almost fell off.
She aimed for a different tree limb, jumping from the branch she was on, to the branch of the tree next to her. She noticed a white wolf and a black cat. She jumped out of the tree, landing right on top of the black cats head, knocking him onto his back, Maple smiled down at him with a big grin. "Your fluffy!" She said in a cheerful tone before turning around and getting ready to pounce on the wolf.
Last edited by Zander on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Marc's eyes opened wide. He flew up out from his bed and grabbed his sword next to him. "BEGONE FOUL DEMONS!" He screamed as he took on a battle stance. He looked around, scouting every corner of his room and sighed. "Stupid dream." He grumbled to himself as he left his room. He ventured to the kitchen and tugged on his dad's leg. "Hey dad uhm, you haven't seen any demons passing by?" Mats ruffled Marc's head fur and pointed towards their door. "They went that way, downstairs most likely. Oh and while you're down there, could you prepare the buffé, please?" His dad told him. Da-ad! You know I'll just leave lotsa fur in the food!" Marc exclaimed. He turned around and went to the door, opened it and ventured downstairs. He examined every corner of the restaurant before opening the doors to the outside. He took a deep breath while outside and drew his sword. "I'M READY FOR YOU, DEMONS!" He yelled.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Neko

Post by Neko »

Alex wrote: Oh, hi. Are you new here? You look lost, can I help you?
He tried to say that with a smile, but didn't manage to do so after what just happened. His stomach grumbled again, too, after which a small blush appeared on his face.
Jake looked down at the cat, wrinkling his nose at the alcohol smell. "Hey, uh New, and lost? I suppose you could say that..." Jake let out a sigh. The first person I ran into and they don't know me, this isn't looking good. Maybe someone else may know me...
Zander wrote:She jumped out of the tree, landing right on top of the black cats head, knocking him onto his back, Maple smiled down at him with a big grin. "Your fluffy!" She said in a cheerful tone before turning around and getting ready to pounce on the wolf.
Jake jumped back at the sudden attack to the cat, looking down at the new arrival. "Uuuh..."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Yukiko awoke to the sun rising. She climbed out of her pet-sized fuuton and put it away. She yawned and made her way to the bathroom. As she was in there, she began to clean her fur and keep it straight. She placed her collar on and hurried to the kitchen. She poured two cups of coffee and a cup of tea. She placed the two cups of coffee on the kitchen table and she began to drink the tea. Her owners left their room and entered the kitchen. Yukiko went to them and bowed, "Ohayo-Gozaimasu, Okaasama, Otousama." (Good morning Father, Mother.) She said to them. Her father nodded, "Ohayo, Yukiko-san."(Good morning, Yukiko.) As he drank his coffee. Her mothe ruffled Yukiko's headfur, "Ohayo, Yuki-chan. Ogenki desu ka?"(Good morning Yuki-chan. How are you?) Yukiko nodded, "Genki desu. Anata wa?"(I'm fine. You?) She replied. Her mother nodded, "Genki desu."(I'm fine.) Her mother replied.

After the family's morning routine of talking, breakfast and pleasantries, Mr. and Mrs. Takanawa headed off to their respective jobs. Yukiko went back to her room to grab her cell phone and her wallet. She headed out the door and walked down the street. She had intended to take a walk to see what she would run into today. She turned the corner and noticed a small group of pets. She recognized Gary and Maple. She laughed as Gary was tackled to the ground. She walked up and bowed respectfully, "Good morning Gary, Maple. I see that you are already having fun today."
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Angel grumbled to himself as he slinked down from the loft where he and his owner lived. He rubbed sleep from his eyes as he stamped downstairs. Jacob was waiting at the front door when Angel entered the store. He smiled at the husky. "Morning, Angel. Ready to go?" His voice was obnoxiously chipper as he opened the door and ushered Angel out. The husky sighed. "Yeah... Still don't know why you want a new pet..."

Several minutes later, the two were driving through the streets of Yorkshire. Angel leaned against the door of the car, arms crossed. While Jacob was singing at the top of his lungs along with the radio. After what seemed like ages of torture, they finally stopped in the parking lot of the local animal shelter. With a sigh, Angel slipped out of the car, leaving Jacob to cut the engine. As the man was climbing out of the car, Angel looked up at the building. It seemed nice enough, but you never know. Jacob ruffled Angel's head as he walked into the shelter, the husky trailing behind.
Neko

Post by Neko »

The female worker reached the front desk, just in time to see a man and a husky walk in. She checked to make sure her name tag wasn't crooked, reading 'Alyssa' in big red letters. Alyssa smiled, "Hello, coming to adopt a new friend?"

Aiden moved restlessly, his stomach growling loudly. He turned and looked longingly at the kibble and water. I'm so hungry...I haven't eaten anything since that old piece of chicken I found behind that one restaurant, and that was a few days ago. But I can't trust these humans, especially since they work for animal control. All they want to do is get rid of us. First they catch you,then they cage you up...if your lucky you get to live with a human as a...Pet. He shivered at the idea. No, I don't want to be a pet. Humans probably don't even treat pets well, except they get daily meals and somewhere to sleep...I guess that's not as bad as living on the streets, but what about collars, and leashes? Ugh, Mom and Dad never really told me much about pets...I hope they're ok...
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Jacob smiled at the woman as he lead Angel up to the counter. "Hello... Alyssa. Yes, we're looking to adopt today. Been looking forward to this for weeks. Right, Angel?" He grinned down at the husky as he spoke, but Angel just crossed his arms and huffed. Jacob looked back up at Alyssa, laughing awkwardly. "Ah... Well, what selection do you have today?"
Zander

Post by Zander »

Maple was distracted from her quest to tackle the wolf by Yukiko's voice. She turned around on top of Gary to see the white dog. "Oh hey Yukiko!"

-Robert Louis Stevenson
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Yukiko smiled, "Hello Maple. How are you this morning?"
Zander

Post by Zander »

"Super-duper as always!" Maple said cheerfully back with a large grin.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Neko

Post by Neko »

"I see, looking for a new friend." Alyssa smiled down at the Husky, opening the little door beside the counter. "Come right this way and you can take a look. We have several dogs and cats that you can choose from." She indicated for them to go into the back room, where all the animals were getting excited in hopes of getting adopted. Sitting close to the cage door, tails wagging.
Everyone except Aiden of course, who quietly listened to the conversation. He remained in the back of his cage, laying back down on his side to face the back of the cage. What a bunch of idiots, wanting to be pets. I guess it might be better then here but still...Whatever, It doesn't matter. No one would want me anyways. Aiden curled up, rubbing his hungry belly.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

"That is quite wonderful. If I may ask, who is this new wolf?" She asked, looking towards Jake, "Good morning. My name is Yukiko Takanawa desu. I hope that we are able to become friends." She said, bowing.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Jacob nodded to the woman, leading Angel inside. He walked down the aisles of pets, looking and smiling and talking to each one. Angel just stared at the ground as he trailed behind Jacob. Why did his owner want a new pet anyway? Wasn't he enough? He sighed, slowing to stop. He looked up at a nearby cage. The only one that didn't have an excited animal in it. In the back, he saw a scrawny clump of fur, facing away from him. "Ah... Hello?" Angel called, despite himself.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Aiden turned to look at the Husky, a blank expression on his face. "What do you want?Just go take one of the other animals, they all want a home..." He turned back around, his stomach growling again.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Angel cocked his head at the pup, who he realized was a German Shepard. He pressed his hands against the fence and looked down at the pup. "Don't you want a home?" He asked. Angel didn't know why the pup had him so curious, but he felt drawn to him somehow. Angel cringed slightly at the sound of the pup's stomach. "Do they feed you here...?"
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

The morning was still quiet, though the sounds of movement occasionally playing in the ears of the average-sized gray cat still lounging across the cat-bed in the corner of the study. He rolled, still dozing, but his ability to maintain sleeping waning. Of course, his owner always got up first thing in the morning.. As much as the maine-coon would love to sleep in, it never seemed possible.

Soon, the door creaked open and in popped an elderly gentleman.
"Oi, Leopold. Top 'o the mornin'. Yeh wakin' up fer some bacon?" the man spoke in a thick Irish accent. This man was Leopold's master, and knew JUST how to wake him. Leopold roused himself, forcing his body upwards so that he was atleast sitting. He rubbed the sleepiness from his eyes and stretched, then scratched his belly.

"Yeah, yeah.. I'm up, I'm up.." Leopold spoke groggily. He, unlike his master, didn't have much of an accent... Though, occasionally he pronounced things as one would in the old country.
Leopold pulled himself up, noticing his master had already gone off to the kitchen, leaving the study door open. He looked around... It was going to take some getting used to, seeing all of this brick and would instead of river-rock and clay.. It was his first night sleeping in this new home. Heck, his first night sleeping in America! While his master was off here getting things ready, Leopold had been staying with their neighbor back in Ireland. But... a bed was a bed. New places to explore, new faces to ignore.

By the time he was actually getting up and moving, Leopold could already smell bacon cooking and hear the delicious sizzle. It smelled like eggs, too. Leopold grimaced slightly. He didn't care for eggs. Regardless, he shuffled out of his little corner and out into the common room... There was still some stuff to be unpacked, but ultimately it was rather home-y. Leopold continued his journey into the kitchen and sat down at the dinning table. Good timing. His master placed a plate of mostly bacon, but a little scrabbled eggs before him.

"Eat up!" His master stated, then sat down with his own plate. Leopold blinked, feeling very confused. It wasn't often his master let him eat from a people plate, and he NEVER was allowed to eat at the table. Leopold dared not touch his food yet.

"Uhm.. Dad? Are you alright? Are you having a stroke or something?" Leopold asked, his eyes keep darting from the food before him, and his master's warm face. He couldn't help be be dying to dig. Leopold's master chuckled deeply.
"Nah, not todah! Jus' figger'd yah'd like tah eat with meh. New place 'n' all." Mr. O'Malley said cheekily. Leopold hesitated, then grinned. Maybe America wasn't too bad after all. He picked up a piece of bacon and happily bit into it. "But in the morn, yah back to teh floor."

Leopold didn't even care. He hurried though his food, but savored eating it at the same time. After he was finished, his master made Leopold do dishes while he went down and got the store ready to open on it's first day. Leopold hated doing dishes.... actually, Leopold hated doing ANY chore... but the dishes he did, making quick work of them. Now, he was free do to what he did best: Wander around doing nothing.

Leopold strolled down the steps and out into the shop. Everything was all set up, and it looked as though Mr. O'Malley had just opened up. Leopold stalked over to the counter and looked around... Everything was so.. legit. He smirked, which made his master chuckle.
"I do good, eh?" He said. Leopold laughed back and nodded. "You do good."
Leopold O'Malley - Yorkshire Feilds
Str 6 | Per 2 | End 6 | Cha 5 | Int 9 | Agl 7 | Luk 8

Louis "Lucid" O'Malley - VerdeGrove
Str 8 | Per 5 | End 7 | Cha 5 | Int 4 | Agl 8 | Luk 5
Neko

Post by Neko »

JOFOXX wrote:Angel cocked his head at the pup, who he realized was a German Shepard. He pressed his hands against the fence and looked down at the pup. "Don't you want a home?" He asked.
Aiden turned and sat up, it was obvious the husky wasn't leaving. "I don't know about that. I'd really like to leave this place though...."
JOFOXX wrote: Angel didn't know why the pup had him so curious, but he felt drawn to him somehow. Angel cringed slightly at the sound of the pup's stomach. "Do they feed you here...?"
He looked down at his bowl of kibble before looking back to the Husky. He turned back around, pulling his knees to his chest and hugging his legs. "Look, just go take one of the other animals...."
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Angel gazed at the pup for a long moment. After what seemed like ages of studying, the husky promptly sat down. He scooted to the edge of the enclosure. "Having a home is really cool y'know." He was quiet for a minute. "Why don't you want one?"
Neko

Post by Neko »

Aiden slouched, resting his head on his knees. "I do want a home, but..." He wasn't sure about living with a human, mainly how they treated their pets. Were they treated like their own children, or were they more like slaves to do their dirty work? His parent's had never told him much about pet life, probably because they had never been pets themselves.

Alyssa was following alongside Jacob and discussing the different breeds of animals he looked at, when she noticed Angel sitting down in front of the Pup's cage. She walked over to him and kneeled down. "I'm sorry but I don't think your owner would want this little guy. He won't say a word and he doesn't eat anything. He just slouches in the corner..." She ruffled Angel's head fur and stood back up. "Why don't you get up and I finish showing you and your owner the rest of the animals?"
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Angel opened his mouth to respond to the pup, but was cut off when the woman, Alyssa, approached. He kept watching the pup as she spoke, only looking up when she finished. "No thanks." He said simply, and looked back to the pup.

Jacob looked down at Angel curiously, his gaze traveling to the pup. After a moment, he shrugged and smiled at Alyssa. "Shall we continue on then?"
Last edited by JOFOXX on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Alyssa returned the smile, "Of course! Right this way," she lead Jacob towards the back where the cats were kept.

Aiden lifted his head, turning his head to Angel. The dog chose to stay with him, instead of going to the other animals, but why was that? Now he was curious. "Why did you stay, don't you want a real animal for a pet?Your owner won't want me, no would want me... " He sighed and turned his head back around, resting it on his knees. I wish he'd just go away. His owner is just gonna pick some big strong dog and I'll still be here...
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

Sunni was sitting on the counter next to the register. "Dad, why do you need my help? There's no one here." Exactly. I want you to stand out there and get people to come buy things. Get off of there. Sunni jumped off the counter. "Oh, yeah, standing, fun..." She walked towards the front door. We've been here for about a month, and I hardly know anybody cause Dad keeps me locked up in here. 'helping' She sat down in a chair that was set up in front of some apples as a bright red one fell down into her lap. She looked around her before taking a bite.
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Angel gave the pup an odd look and cocked his head again. "A real animal? You seem real enough to me." The husky ran his fingers through the fence again, gazing at the pup. "Also, I wouldn't try to assume too much about my owner. He's very spontanteous." Angel laughed quietly, and stuck his hand through the fence. "My name's Angel, by the way. And my owner's name is Jacob."
Neko

Post by Neko »

JOFOXX wrote:Angel gave the pup an odd look and cocked his head again. "A real animal? You seem real enough to me."
Aiden didn't bother turning around. "I'm just pathetic, I couldn't even survive without my parents...Animals survive..."
JOFOXX wrote: The husky ran his fingers through the fence again, gazing at the pup. "Also, I wouldn't try to assume too much about my owner. He's very spontanteous." Angel laughed quietly, and stuck his hand through the fence. "My name's Angel, by the way. And my owner's name is Jacob."
Aiden turned around, giving the hand a confused look. I don't understand this guy, why is he being nice to me? Is he stupid or something... He looked up at Angel, studying the husky a bit closer now. "That's great and all, but why are you still here? I don't understand why your wasting your time with me. Your owner is just gonna pick some big dog and I'll never see you again..." He sighed and crossed his arms, trying to hide his white paw.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Neko wrote:Aiden didn't bother turning around. "I'm just pathetic, I couldn't even survive without my parents...Animals survive..."
Angel had to smirk at that. He sighed, letting the hand dangle inside the fence. "Don't be so sure about that. I wouldn't survive a day by myself." He chuckled slightly, still watching the pup. "But I take it your life has been different from mine..."
Neko wrote:Aiden turned around, giving the hand a confused look. I don't understand this guy, why is he being nice to me? Is he stupid or something... He looked up at Angel, studying the husky a bit closer now. "That's great and all, but why are you still here? I don't understand why your wasting your time with me. Your owner is just gonna pick some big dog and I'll never see you again..." He sighed and crossed his arms, trying to hide his white paw.
Angel sighed again. He honestly didn't know why he was so set on talking to this pup, but he felt good about it. The husky gave the pup a serious look. "I told you, don't be so sure about my da- owner..." Angel glanced to where he could see Jacob and the woman looking at some cats. He looked back at the pup with a light in his eyes. "If I convince my owner to adopt you, would you promise to come with us without a fuss?" Once again, Angel was surprising even himself with this strange attatchment to the pup. "If you come, I promise you'll enjoy pet life. I could show you around town and get you comfortable. It'd be fun!"
Neko

Post by Neko »

Aiden gave Angel a confused look. Did he really want him? But why was that...Enjoy pet life...Could I really make it as a pet? He looked back down at the husky's hand, folding his legs back to his chest. "Why are you being so nice to me? Wouldn't you want someone else..."
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Angel stared at the pup for a long moment. He leaned as close to the fence as he could, smiling. "Because I think we coud help you the most." He raised his hand again. "The choice is yours."
Neko

Post by Neko »

Aiden looked at Angel, his smile somewhat comforting. He looked down at his feet, weighing his options. Well, I could stay here and find out what they do here. Or be a pet and get the heck out of here, daily meals, a place to sleep...I guess the choice is rather obvious... He looked up to the husky, having made a decision. "Fine, I guess I'll go with you. It'd probably be better then sitting here all day..." He purposefully ignored the husky's hand, not feeling all that comfortable with the dog yet.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Angel's smile broadened, and he dropped his hand. He understood the pup still feeling uncomfortable, but he'd fix that eventually. Angel stood suddenly. "Dad!" Jacob turned at the call, interrupting his discussion with Alyssa. Angel looked at his owner seriously, and pointed at the pup. "Him."
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Marc giggled and holstered his sword and began walking down the street. He looked around while walking and laid eyes upon a store. "Celtic Corne... Hmm, sounds mysterious.." He mumbled to himself as he entered. He held his hand on his swords hilt, ready to draw it if anything posed any threat while he snook around. He reached the counter and looked at Leopold. "Say uhm, you haven't seen any demons passing by, by any chance?"
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Neko

Post by Neko »

(Done over IRC, didn't wanna fill up the RP anymore :P)

(Warning: this turned out to be really long...)

Aiden moved a bit closer to the cage's door, trying to see Jacob. He remained quiet, hoping he made the right decision.
Alyssa turned and raised a brow at Angel. "Are you sure?
Angel nodded to the woman, looking back at the pup. "Yeah. He said he'd come with us." Jacob's owner studied Angel for a moment, and looked to Alyssa. "That's settles that then."
Alyssa nodded, leading the two back to the front counter. "Alright then, you just need to fill out some papers and you can be on your way." She reached the front desk and pulled out a clipboard and a pen, attaching the adoption papers onto the clipboard. She smiled and held them out for Jacob to take, "Feel free to take a seat to fill these out while I get the pup ready."
Angel walked hesitantly away from the pup, waving. When they were at the front desk, he hovered near the door, leaving Jacob to sit and fill the papers out.
Alyssa turned to walk into the back but stopped when she saw Angel. She ruffled his headfur, "Why don't you go take a seat while you wait?"
Angel looked up at the woman and nodded. He slipped past her and sat with his owner, looking anxiously at the papers he was signing. Jacob looked up from the sheets, giving Angel a curious look. "So, why the emopup?" Angel rolled his eyes, flopping down in the chair.
"He's not emo. He just needs to see that humans aren't so bad." The husky was silent for a moment. "I think something awful happened to him, Dad..."
Alyssa walked into the back, not hearing Jacob and Angel's conversation. She walked past the cages which were now filled with sad animals, she felt bad for them as she saw their sad faces as she made her way a small storage closet in the back. She opened the door and walked in, picking up a pet carrier and walking back out, closing the door behind her.
Adopted pets were given a cheap black collar and leash, but it was protocol for pups and kittens to be taken in a carrier. It was a weird rule set by the city, but Alyssa didn't complain. She walked back to the pup's cage, kneeling and setting the carrier down. She opened the carrier's door, unlocked and opened the pup's cage door.
"Come on little guy, looks like you got yourself a new home." She motioned for him to get in.
Aiden sighed, getting up and going into the carrier. Things are looking up already. Now I get to sit in an even smaller cage... He laid down in the carrier, facing towards the back of it, have second thoughts about the situation already.
Jacob was silent as he scribbled away at the papers. He was almost done when something caught his eye. The man made a thoughtful sound and stood suddenly, walking to the counter. Angel looked up at his owner curiously, slipping from his own chair. "What is it?" Jacob looked down at him. "I don't know the pups name..."
Alyssa closed and latched the carrier, grabbing it by the handle and walking back to the front desk. She smiled at Jacob and set the carrier on the counter. "All finished?"
Jacob returned Alyssa's smile, shaking his head slightly. "Ah... no. You wouldn't happen to know the pup's name would you?" He held up the clipboard as he spoke. "There's a section for his name on here..."
"Oh, I completely forgot about that. Sorry, but the pup hasn't said two words to me..." Alyssa thought for a moment then moved around the counter, pulling the carrier down and onto the floor next to angel. "Why don't you talk him? He seems to have taken a liking to you."
Aiden sighed with annoyance Taken a liking to him? Yea right...Though he's definitely a step up from a human...
Jacob looked down at Angel thoughtfully, watching as the husky knelt down beside the cage. Angel pressed his face close to the bars, smiling. "Hey... Uhm, we're almost done, and then you can come out of that cage... The only thing is, we need to know your name. For the adoption papers." Angel's smiled broadened at the pup."Can you tell me your name?"
Aiden continued to lay on his stomach, scrunched up a bit in the carrier. He didn't like giving his name away to people he didn't know well, but he did want to get out of the cage. "Aiden, my name is Aiden..."
Angel continued to smile at Aiden. "Nice name." He said, as Jacob finished filling out the papers. He handed the clipboard over to Alyssa, nodding in thanks to her. "One thing, though." He said, glancing down at Angel and the cage Aiden was in. "We wont be needing the carrier."
Alyssa took the papers, going back behind the counter. "Sorry but it's part of protocol. 'All Pups and kittens must be taken from the building in a carrier'. It's a silly rule, but a rule is a rule and must be followed. I believe they do it mainly so that they don't run off, and you can use it for safety in the car. Until you get a pet seat that is."
She smiled down at Angel then to Jacob before taking a seat at the counter. "Well everything is set. I hope Aiden is a nice addition to your home."
Aiden sighed inside the cage, Great...
Jacob nodded understandingly and smiled. "Thank you Alyssa. I'm sure he will." Angel stood up as his owner picked up Aiden's carrier gently, and they walked out the door. The husky scampered along beside his father, peaking inside the carrier at the Shepard pup. "Dad, why is he in there. You already got a second pet seat..."
His owner nodded, using the remote on his keys to unlock the car. "Yes, but there's no sense in messing with their protocol. Here." He opened the door of the vehicle and placed the carrier in the car next to two pet seat adaptions, opening the carrier door.

Aiden listened to the two converse, hearing the husky call Jacob his dad. Dad? Why would he say that? Maybe they're really close or something. This does prove that he isn't a slave or anything though...Maybe this won't be so bad. He sat up just as his cage door was opened. Finally...wait, pet-seat?
Aiden crawled out of the carrier, standing up next to the pet seat. He grabbed hold of the pet-seat by the side and studied it. They make seats just for pets, and I have to sit in one?

Jacob pulled the carrier back out of the car when he felt Aiden's weight was no longer in it. He watched Aiden for a moment as the pup studied the seat. Then, he turned toward the back of the car, ruffling Angel's headfur as he moved to put the carrier in the trunk. Angel stood next to the open door, watching Aiden for a moment.
He finally climbed in after the pup, standing on his knees in the seat. "Do you need help getting into the seat? It took me a while to get learn how the buckles work."

Aiden leaned down and sniffed at the seat, it smelled strange. He jumped when Angel spoke behind him, he had let his guard down which was something he rarely did. He spun around and faced the husky. "Oh, uh..." He wanted to protest against such a stupid thing as pet-seat, but he decided against it. They had just saved him from that horrible place. "Yea, I guess..."

Angel smiled slightly at how jumpy the pup was. He nodded, scootching in closer to Aiden. "Ok. Just sit down in the seat and I can strap you in." He reached around Aiden as he spoke, fumbling with the seat belt and buckles.

"Right..." Aiden watched Angel mess with all the weird straps. What kind of seat is this? I think I'd prefer that small cage... He climbed into the seat after Angel stopped messed with all the straps.

After Angel had gotten everything situated on Aiden's seat, he pulled the strap around Aiden's front, buckling the pup in. "There you go. All safe and secure." The husky climbed over Aiden and got himself settled into his own seat. Just as he finished buckling in, Jacob climbed into the driver's seat.
"Everybody set back there?" He asked as he cranked the car up.

Aiden tested the straps and buckles, yep definitely secure. He looked over at Angel in his seat, getting a bit nervous. His head snapped to the front when he heard Jacob talk, getting more nervous as the car started up. He slumped back into his seat, trying to relax but failing.

Angel giggled to himself. He loved the feeling of riding in the car. "Yup! All set!" He looked at Aiden with a broad grin. "Right Aiden?" Jacob chuckled quietly to himself as he pulled slowly out of the parking lot.

Aiden laughed nervously, surveying the car and the passing scenery. "Yea..." He had never been in a car before. Cars were just a danger to him as a stray, having to worry about them every time he crossed a street. Now he was actually in one..

Angel looked at Aiden for a long while as they rode home. "You don't have to be so nervous y'know, I told you I'd make sure you were comfortable." He smiled that same smile at Aiden again, trying to cheer him up.

Aiden turned to Angel, giving him a weak smile. "I know, Sorry..." He wasn't acting like his normal self. He was nervous and just wanted to get out already.

Angel smirked. "I'm hoping when you really smile it looks better than that." The husky giggled slightly. "Don't worry too much. We live close to the shelter, so we'll be home soon."
Jacob made a noise to get their attention, shaking his head. "No. Not home yet. We're going by the pet store to get everything that Aiden's going to need."

Aiden was a bit surprised at by Angel's comment, what was so special about his smile? Then he was curious about what Jacob had said. He turned to Angel and spoke quietly, "The pet store, what do I need from there?"

Angel shrugged. "Regular stuff... Collar, leash, bed, that kinda thing." He smiled. "I remember picking out my stuff. I got this bandana!" He moved his hands up to adjust the dark grey cloth around his neck. He ran a finger over the blue star on it. "Isn't it neat?"

A collar and a leash? I forgot about that...At least I'll have a bed to sleep in. Aiden didn't look forward to wearing a collar. He turned his attention back to Angel, studying the bandana. "Yea my, uh...It's really neat." He slapped himself mentally. No need telling them things they don't need to know...

Angel gave Aiden a curious look. The pup had obviously been about to say something. He sighed, resting his head on his hand as he gazed at Aiden. "It's going to be really hard to live together if you don't actually talk to me..."

Aiden was afraid of this, he didn't want to talk. So he decided to be naive. "Aren't we talking now?"

Angel stared at Aiden for a long time, his face serious. "You can be smart about it... But all I'm trying to do is understand you better." He blinked at the pup. "I'm trying to help, Aiden." At that instant, the car came to a stop at the pet store parking lot.
Jacob took the key from the ignition and opened his door. "Alright guys. We're here." As his owner climbed out of the car, Angel rolled his eyes. He glared at Aiden as he unbuckled his seat belt, climbing over to unfasten the pup's. "You'll talk to me eventually Aiden..." He sighed. "Right...?"

Aiden gave Angel a worried look, the husky was serious and a bit intimidating now. He nodded, trying to hide his uneasiness from his voice"Yea..." He wanted to talk to him, to really trust someone else again, but it was hard. Trust and friendship wasn't something you just gave away, especially as a stray...

Angel finished unstrapping Aiden and stared at the pup for a moment. Finally, he ruffled Aiden's headfur and slipped out of the car. "Cmon. Let's go pick you out some new threads." He said, laughing.

Aiden sighed with relief that the confrontation was over, for now at least. He followed Angel out of the car, happy to be on solid ground again. He stretched before remembering why they had come here. "Right, threads..." He wasn't entirely sure what Angel had meant by that, but he assumed it had something to do with collar's and leashes.

Jacob nodded, locking the car doors before he lead the two up to the pet store. As they walked, Angel trekked along beside Aiden. "So, what kinda stuff do you like to wear. Y'know, like, what colors do you think look good on you?"

Aiden studied the store and all the strange items they passed. He had never been in a store before, and it was all pretty fascinating to the pup. He looked up at Angel as they walked. "Colors? I dunno, I never really worn anything before."

Angel looked down at Aiden curiously. "Hmm... Well, I'm thinking you'd look best with a color like... Red!" He snatched a collar off one of the nearby shelves. "Or... Yellow!" Angel handed the two collars to Aiden, grinning ear to ear. "Try em on!"

Aiden wearily looked down at the two collars in his hands, letting out a sigh as he accepted his fate. He turned them around in his hands and examined them. "I don't know how to put one on, I never worn a collar before.."

Angel laughed. "Oh yeah... I forgot how complex a collar was." He teased. The husky took the collars back from Aiden's hands, wrapping the red one around the pup's neck first. After he snapped it on, Angel stepped back to examine Aiden. "Hmm... Looks good. See for yourself." He gestured to a nearby mirror.

Aiden looked into the mirror Angel had indicated, and was surprised. It didn't look that bad, but it did remind that was now a pet. "It looks, uh, good." He turned back around to face Angel. "So, what now?"

Angel smiled. He looked down at the yellow collar in his hand, and promptly threw it on the shelf. "Well, a leash isn't a big deal anymore, we'll just get one that matches your collar." He turned and started walking down the aisle. "Cmon, dog beds are this way."

Aiden cringed a bit at the mention of the leash, but brightened up at having a bed. He followed alongside Angel with more pep in his steps, a smile slowly forming on his face. "Cool, I never slept in a bed before, or seen one...Well I have seen old torn up mattresses but I don't think that counts..."

(To be continued later)
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

A shiver shot down Leopold's spine as he suddenly heard a voice behind him. He twirled around to face to the voice, his arms flailing in the air.
"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!? SNEAKING UP ON PEOPLE ISN'T COOL!!" Leopold shouted, his heart pounding from being startled. Leopold's owner laughed, which only fueled his embarrassment, though the adrenaline was starting to settle out. "So what do you want? What are you talking about Demons?"

Leopold finally took time to look at the person who had snuck up on him..
'An arctic fox? In America? And with a collar?? What was with this guy? Sure, I've seen arctic foxes before, but they had always been feral. They were never to be trusted... And what was with this guy's get-up? Obviously, he had escaped from an insane-asylum somewhere and was not fit to be around other people.. And DEFINITELY not to be carrying a sword! Maybe he has rabies? Perhaps I should call Animal Control...' Leopold thought a mile a minute. He had always been one for rather harsh first impressions.

Leopold took a step back, not sure if he wanted to be within striking range of the fox. Leopold's owner seemed to not care, instead watching the exchange with amusement.
'Some great help he is...' Leopold thought in reference to his own master.

Alex

Post by Alex »

After suddenly getting kicked in the face, Gary fell down to the ground, and put both of his paws on the blue eye, rolling around. However it was that kicked him had now seriously poured salt on the wound. While rolling down, his ears overheard conversations. It was Maple. What a big surprise. And Yukiko is here, too? Slowly, he opened his right, uninjured eye, and stood up, looking at all of them.
Well great, my day couldn't have started worse! You crazy cat! Don't you dare do this again, or I'm gonna eat you alive!
At the moment of mentioning eating, his stomach grumbled. What an appropriate time. It could make her either scared of what he said, or it could make her laugh at him. Before giving her a chance to reply, however, he turned to Yukiko.
And you! Don't you dare "good morning" me! Why don't you go back to Japan where you're from, where you can "good morning" all those narrow-eyed yellow freaks!
Gary crossed his arms, and gave them all a dirty look. It was again the 1-minute-madness. He'll probably calm down after a while, but for now, he was angry, and insulted anyone who was near him, but not meaning it. Those who know him probably know about this, too.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Marc giggled and holstered his sword. "Woah easy there tiger. I was just playing around." Marc looked around the shop and then back at Leopold. "I'm Marc, who are you? Don't think I've seen you here before." Marc offered his paw to Leopold.
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

Windchimes sat on a hill in the park. He'd come out quite a few hours ago, bringing his large, heavy double bass with him. Idly, he scraped the bow of the instrument across the strings, sending out a sad, mournful tune that seemed to fairly weep at the unfairness of life.

*sigh*

It was so very peaceful up here, without any distractions from modern life. No cars whizzing by, no vendors hawking their wares. Just nice, clean quiet. And the sound of his bass, but that didn't really cause much badness. He noted that some pets were playing/talking by the edge of the park. He couldn't hear them from this distance, but that was okay. He preferred the quiet.

*sigh*

More notes, gently coaxed from his double bass, weaved through the air....
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

'T-Tiger..?' Leopold thought, and nervously took Marc's hand and giving it a light shake before quickly pulling to back to himself and folding his arms over his chest.
"Erm.. Charmed..." Leopold stated with a hint of sarcasm. "We, uhm.. just moved here. From Ireland. I'm... Leopold"

Leopold was hesitant to tell him anything and debated on making up a fake name for himself, but he had a feeling his master would foil his attempts. He rocked awkwardly back and forth on his heels, waiting for the fox to go away. Suddenly, the voice of his master came from behind the counter.

"Ya know, Leopold, y'arn't needed 'roun' 'ere right now. Yah can go off 'n' play whidcha new friend." Mr. O'Malley spoke, amusement poorly masked in his voice. Leopold rolled his eyes.. Must his master ALWAYS ruin his life? Leopold shot a death-glare back at his master.
"Of course I want to go out and play with Fox here who would definitely not try to run me through with his sword. That's exactly how I want to spend my day: Fearing for my life." Leopold said through clenched teeth, the sincerity in his voice obviously false. He was a very bad sport when it came to other animals.

Leopold's master came out from behind the counter and started pushing the two of them to the door.
"Oi now! Don't give sass. Play nice now!" Mr. O'Malley said slyly. Just before they got to the door, he shoved something into Leopold's hand. Leopold looked down and saw some money. His ears perked happily, but then he saw a silver chain with a matching Celtic knot charm on it.. It was a necklace that he recognized from the store.

"Ha ha, very funny..." Leopold said dryly, attaching the jewelry to his collar. The necklace was an old Irish relic said to keep demons away. Leopold rolled his eyes, then turned to his vulpine-companion.

"...Please don't eat me."

Neko

Post by Neko »

ctcmjh wrote:"That is quite wonderful. If I may ask, who is this new wolf?" She asked, looking towards Jake, "Good morning. My name is Yukiko Takanawa desu. I hope that we are able to become friends." She said, bowing.
Crud, another pet that doesn't know me. Maybe I'm not from around here... Jake put on a weak smile and nodded to Yukiko. "Hi, it's nice to meet you. I'm Jake-" He was going to say his last name since Yukiko had, but realized he couldn't remember. This really sucks...

Just then the cat that was tackled to the ground started yelling at everyone, Jake flinched a bit. He looked down at the cat, feeling a bit sorry for him. Being tackled to the ground must've hurt. "Hey, are you alright?"
Last edited by Neko on Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Marc looked at the charm and then back up at Leopold. "Cool charm!" He exclaimed as he leaned in towards Leopold. "And well, my sword is made of plastic, so don't worry. And unless you're a demon, heh, I won't hurt you!" Marc whispered in his ear. He looked around and holstered his sword. "So, what do you want to do?"