Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Rikki chuckled, "Yeah, humans need them to get around, because they make plans for different times of the day, and they have to go such long distances to get to places..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin kept watching out the window,"Really? I thought it cause humans were slow..."
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Jack chuckled as he drove.
Rikki laughed at Darin's comment, "Well, that too... That's why it takes them time to get places..."

Before long, they were at the East-Brookshire zoo, and were pulling into a back parking-lot. Jack had to flash his badge to a gate gaurd for both cars to get through, but after that, both cars were parked easily in the staff parking lot. "This is it, we're here."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

((ugh, RPer fail. Sry gaiz))

Frank and Matt rolled up beside them.
"So this is the new zoo, eh?" asked Frank. "Seems a lot like most other zoos in the country."
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Buckdida wrote: "Errr...you know...
The kind of curse that's the general all around curse kind of curse, the kind of curse that you can't get rid of.
The kind of curse that ruins your life, the kind of curse that can affect others.
The kind of curse that you get because someone up there decided they didn't like you.
The kind of curse that you curse yourself for having.
The kind of curse that you just need to live with, you know?
The affliction of being alive. Also this really annoying griffin didn't like me. He was supposed to be nice, but he's actually sort of a jerk. Apparently, I made the mistake of accidentally messing around in his 'arena' and I screwed something up, and now the curse won't go away until the battle is done. How long that will take I have no idea, but it could be a week from now or a century or two. Not entirely sure,"
Trinket said, shrugging and smiling. He cocked his head to the side for a moment. "Or was it a giant fox? Could have been a dragon of some sort...was it a unicorn? I think I was messing with someone that the griffin and the unicorn had their eye on or something...I'm still not sure what I did..." It was honestly hard to tell if Trinket was telling the truth, telling a story, or simply outright insane at this point.

Zeke sat silently listening to the cat. He wasn't sure how to respond.

"If I didn't know any better, Id say that was something out of a poem-book. but..." he fell silent, as he reached for his covered arm. A few seconds passed.

"...I think I believe you."

(it turns out, it was the right arm!)
Last edited by Rubin on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Rubin
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin looked out the window into the parking lot, seeing all the other cars. "There are a lot of cars here..." This only proved to him that many people visited the zoo, to see all the caged animals...
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Jack and Rikki climbed out of the truck, Rikki holding Darin's hand as they walked towards the staff entrance. "Well, it's the first one in the city, and the budget wasn't too big, so... they didn't really take too much time on it... It's not the worst though, from what I hear... Not that I'm into zoos..."
"This is where all the people who work here park," Rikki said to Darin, "We're getting in specially so we can go to see your parents..."
Neko

Post by Neko »

"Oh..." Darin held onto Rikki's hand tightly, he was afraid of what he was soon going to see. I hope we aren't in a very small place. We'll get food, and won't have to worry about going hungry, and I'll be with my pack again... He sighed, trying to look at the bright side.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Rubin wrote:Zeke sat silently listening to the cat. He wasn't sure how to respond.

"If I didn't know any better, Id say that was something out of a poem-book. but..." he fell silent, as he reached for his covered arm. A few seconds passed.

"...I think I believe you."

(it turns out, it was the right arm!)
"Ya... do? Huh. Haven't heard that before...um...see...uh...usually, this is the point where someone calls me absolutely crazy and that I need to see a psychiatrist," Trinket said, chuckling. Trinket lowered himself and laid down on his belly, tail up in the air, swishing behind him. "...why do you trust me? Didn't we only met yesterday? I wouldn't trust me...I sound crazy..." Trinket was quite caught. On one hand, he wanted to be able to talk to Zeke about magic...on the other, hand, he wasn't supposed to. Magic rules are weird like that...
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

"Well" Zeke looked nervously into Trinkets eyes. "I think Its cause you revealed that what I could do was special, and trusted me. It seems like you cant tell a lie." he chuckled, "Besides! I could tell there was something special about you too!"
~Rubin
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Jay jumped a bit when Peter grabbed his paw, but he smiled at him when he started shaking it. He turned his head to Cale and Rocky. "Oh, right! I think I get what you mean. I used to be friends with a wolf in a different neighbourhood, but we both moved out. We kept in contact though. Turns out he's now got an akita as his 'brother'. So yeah, I get what you mean." He then tilted his head. "So what do you guys wanna do?"
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Rubin wrote:"Well" Zeke looked nervously into Trinkets eyes. "I think Its cause you revealed that what I could do was special, and trusted me. It seems like you cant tell a lie." he chuckled, "Besides! I could tell there was something special about you too!"
Trinket raised an eyebrow. "Really? What did you see? How could you tell? Um...what do you know about magic?"
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Buckdida wrote:
Rubin wrote:"Well" Zeke looked nervously into Trinkets eyes. "I think Its cause you revealed that what I could do was special, and trusted me. It seems like you cant tell a lie." he chuckled, "Besides! I could tell there was something special about you too!"
Trinket raised an eyebrow. "Really? What did you see? How could you tell? Um...what do you know about magic?"
Zeke tilted his head. "Well, I told you already. You just have that glow about you. err... how to say this..." he trailed off. tapping his fingers, searching for the words. "Ya know, some things just... feel right.
"
Last edited by Rubin on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Rubin
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

Neko wrote:"Oh..." Darin held onto Rikki's hand tightly, he was afraid of what he was soon going to see. I hope we aren't in a very small place. We'll get food, and won't have to worry about going hungry, and I'll be with my pack again... He sighed, trying to look at the bright side.
Matt and Frank trailed along, droopy and depressed looking. The aangst over Darin's name had come back in full force over the course of the drive.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Jack led them to the staff entrance where he talked to a couple of the people who worked there before getting them all official visitor badges. He lead them through a door and they were in the main section of the zoo. "Alright, the people in charge of the wolves already know we're coming. We don't have to go straight there though, so if anyone wants to look at anything else, just speak up..."

Darin looked around nervously, "C-Can we just go to my pack?" He wasn't to keen on the idea of seeing other caged animals...

Jack nodded, "Ok then, let's get going..." He started leading them to where the wolves were being kept, passing large buildings and outdoor displays for animals...

"Well... not THAT bad. But it still has an air of organized depression", thought Matt. "Or maybe it's just me."

Darin kept close to Rikki's side, never let go of the raccoon's hand. He was nervous about the whole situation, not to mention he couldn't decide if he wanted to stay or not...

Jack sighed, "Well... from what I understand, the animals here all had a choice whether or not to live here, and they take lengths to make sure they're comfortable... I doubt it's that 'depressing'..."

"It's probably just me then," said Matt, trying to smile.

Darin looked up to Jack, "You mean, animals actually want to live in zoos?"

Jack nodded, "Well, there's always food, shelter, and safety, and it's easy to make friends here... Basically the only problem they have is getting bored from playing all day..."

Matt had a funny thought. "Heh, let's mix some chilli peppers into their food, that should make life more interesting."

"What's a chilli pepper?" Darin asked, looking back to Matt.

Jack and Rikki both gave Matt looks: serious or not, they didn't find that funny.

Matt went ^_^'. "ahh... sorry, sorry, just a joke..."

Darin looked at everyone confused."Are chilli pepper's bad or something?"

"Well...." hedged Frank, "They're not bad per se...."

Jack and Rikki: "..."

Darin turned he attention back to walking and holding Rikki's hand."Ok..."

"It's just that they're... well, I'm not sure they're entirely pleasant in large doses for most individuals," said Frank, laughing awkwardly.

Jack and Rikki continued to "..." at Frank and Matt, but they soon reached the Wolf enclosure, walking to the back to talk to the keepers, who led them into a back area of it.
"Alright," The keeper who was with them said, "I'll bring the breeding pair out in a second, but first, I'm not sure if I can let the two pets stay here with you... You mind if they wait outside until we're all settled down in here?"
"Two pets...? Well, Frank and... oh, you mean me. >!>;; Ok... I guess we can find something else to do.... right?" Rikki looked over at Frank.

"Yeah! I mean, there has to be something good to do around here...."
Darin's face saddened, "They can't stay and meet them?"

Jack nodded, "You sure Rikki? I'm sure we could work something out if you wanted to..."
Rikki shook his head, "Nah, it's fine, I don't feel like being trouble... I'll be back before you leave. That sound ok, Darin?"

"I guess so..."

"Alright then, we'll just leave you here for a while..." Rikki motioned for Darin to go to Jack, who had sat down in a chair and was leaning over and holding out his hands to pick Darin up.

Darin hugged Rikki before going to Jack. He had been hoping that his parents would meet the nice raccoon that had taken care of him.

Rikki hugged Darin back, nuzzling his head, "Don't worry, everything's gonna be fine soon." He let go and watched Jack pick Darin up before heading out the door, motioning for Frank to follow.

Frank followed Rikki out. "So, ehh... you been here before?"

Rikki sighed, "No... This is the first time I've visited the zoo... I've always hated the concept of keeping animals in cages and all that..."

Darin looked at the zoo keeper then to Jack."Can I see them now?"

The zookeeper nodded, "Alright then, I'll call them in now." She went to a door which lead to the wolf living-quarters and opened it, calling out through it: "Arcturus, Magnolia. Your son is here."

Darin was about to leap out of Jack's arms from anticipation. It had been nearly a week since the pup had seen his parents, and there was so much he wanted to tell them.

On the other side the two wolves shot up, their ears raised. They both walked over to the door excitedly, tails wagging in anticipation. They came into the room and immediately rushed through the doorway. "That's him! That's our son!" They yipped, running over to Jack, who stood up and held out Darin to them.

Darin leapt into his mother's arms, hugging her tight and taking in her wonderful scent. "Mother, Father, I'm so Happy to see you! I thought I'd never see you again."

Darin's parents grabbed him and began sniffing and cuddling him in between them, "We missed you so much!" the male said, "We were so worried about you!"
"Where have you been? How did you get to safety?" The female asked, almost crying.
Jack reached over, putting a hand on Matt's back, quietly leaning over to say, "See what I told you? You did a good thing Matt."

-to be continued-
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Rubin wrote:Zeke tilted his head. "Well, I told you already. You just have that glow about you. err... how to say this..." he trailed off. tapping his fingers, searching for the words. "Ya know, some things just... feel right."
Trinket stared at him intently for a while, blinking a couple of times, his tail swishing back and forth behind him. "So...you're saying you know that I'm kinda different because of my aura?" Trinket stood up on his four three legs on his left back leg and two arms, and shook to fluff out his fur a little. "Well...I guess you don't just feel right, you are right. Something tells me to trust you as well...mostly because you seem to like me for who I am." Trinket looked at Zeke and smiled. "So...what do you know about magic?"
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

"Magic? Like the stuff that makes your charms go?" He straightened his head, and looked up at the ceiling. "I dunno... its there I guess... I think I can see it, but that mime was mean to me... err..." Zeke scratched his ear, unsure of what to say to this.
~Rubin
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Trinket was thrown off by the semi-random comment. He cocked his head to the side and peered at Zeke quizzically. "...mime? What does a mime have to do with anything? Hmm. Regardless. You can see magic, huh? As well as auras? Now THAT is a powerful passive ability. You'll always know if someone is using magic for trickery, and you'll never fall for magical traps! That's quite something..."
Neko

Post by Neko »

bollythewolf wrote:Jay jumped a bit when Peter grabbed his paw, but he smiled at him when he started shaking it. He turned his head to Cale and Rocky. "Oh, right! I think I get what you mean. I used to be friends with a wolf in a different neighbourhood, but we both moved out. We kept in contact though. Turns out he's now got an akita as his 'brother'. So yeah, I get what you mean." He then tilted his head. "So what do you guys wanna do?"
Cale gestured to Peter-Rabbit."We were just showing Peter the neighborhood. You wanna join us?
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Neko wrote:Cale gestured to Peter-Rabbit."We were just showing Peter the neighborhood. You wanna join us?
Jay smiled and nodded. "I need to look around this place myself, going with people familiar with it would be a good idea for sure."
Neko

Post by Neko »

Cale laughed, "Well I'm the only one here that is familiar. Everyone else is new, so I guess I'll be leading the tour. Though there isn't to much to see..."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Peter-Rabbit grinned, "Yeah Cale! Show me your neighborhood!"
Zander

Post by Zander »

Neko wrote:Cale laughed, "Well I'm the only one here that is familiar. Everyone else is new, so I guess I'll be leading the tour. Though there isn't to much to see..."
Felix stayed silent, thankful he wasnt the tour guide anymore.

Rocky stood still, looking down at the over-active peter.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Neko

Post by Neko »

(More IRC, Darin/Matt/Rikki/Jack/Frank)

Matt sighed. "I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall, but it's good to see them reunited."

Darin nuzzled his parents, his tail wagging uncontrollably. "I walked to Brookshire just like you told me too, then Matt saved me!" He turned and pointed to Matt.

Matt waved, smiling a little. "Hey there!"

They both moved over to him and added him to the warm, fuzzy hug. "Oh! Thank you so much for saving our child!" the female said, nuzzling his shoulder.
"We'll be forever grateful to you!" the male said, nuzzling the other.

Matt blushed a bit, returning the hug. Warm, fuzzy hugs... the best kind! "Ahh... it really was nothing. I mean, I couldn't just leave someone to die on the side of the road, right?"

Darin nuzzled Matt and licked him "Cause you're so nice!"

"It doesn't matter: you saved our son, Matt!" the female said, starting to lick his face.

"Alright," Jack chuckled, taking a hand to push the excited wolves off of Matt, "That's enough of that, I think he gets it..." He pulled up two more chairs for the two and they sat down, still cuddling their son between them.

Matt grinned widely, feeling much better after getting such an enthusiastic hug.

Darin continued cuddling with his parents, overwhelmed with joy to be reunited with them. Darin stopped cuddling, looking up at his parents. "Oh, I almost forgot! I have a name now, Matt gave it to me!" He smiled and wagged his tail.

Matt jerked in his seat, almost bolting out of the room.

They both stopped, blinking down at him. "A name?" the female asked. She looked up at Matt, tilting her head in confusion, "Why would you give him a name, isn't he a little young for that?"

"Yeah..." Jack intervened, putting a hand on Matt's shoulder, "Humans get names alot earlier... Matt didn't know about your whole naming custom, so... He kind of felt like he needed a name..."

Matt sweated profusely. "Urrmmm.... well.... the thing is....." He was saved by Jack, who Matt was now eternally indebted too. Matt sweated some more though, given that the other shoe was about to drop...

The male looked down at the pup, "Ok... What name did you choose?"

Darin looked a bit confused. "Choosed? Matt just gave it to me. My names Darin!"

Matt braced for impact.

They moth blinked down at him a little more before the female sighed, "Oh well... It's no big deal I guess... 'Darin's not as bad as something like 'Deathaxe' or 'Darkrider'... Do you like the name?"

Darin nodded and smiled, "Uh-huh!"

Meanwhile, Matt had almost collapsed in relief.

((Sorry guys, looks like this'll wait. Just reply to this here and I'll try to respond over my vacation.))

"Well lets get going then, there's not a whole lot to see besides houses though." Cale started walking down the sidewalk, a slight limp in his step. "The interesting stuff is outside the development, but we can't just go out there by ourselves. We'll just stick with the neighborhood, alright dudes?"
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Pifer thought for a moment. "Well... I guess we could go back to the den. We could just relax and talk a bit. I know today has been a little stressful." He hugged Kylie again as he spoke, rubbing her back.

----------------------

Terry made his way up to the door, bending over to grab the spare key out from under the welcome mat. He clicked the door open, and beckoned the others inside. Terry looked around as he stepped through the doorframe, but the house was silent. "Ian?" He called out, but answer came. He turned to the others. "Wait here. I'll go get something of his." He was up teh stairs before he finished speaking.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

Kylie rested her head on Pifer's shoulder. "Yeah," she said softly. "Come on, let's go..."
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

JOFOXX wrote:Terry made his way up to the door, bending over to grab the spare key out from under the welcome mat. He clicked the door open, and beckoned the others inside. Terry looked around as he stepped through the doorframe, but the house was silent. "Ian?" He called out, but answer came. He turned to the others. "Wait here. I'll go get something of his." He was up teh stairs before he finished speaking.
Erin followed Terry into his house and waited where he was told to. He looked around the house, looking at everything.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Pifer smiled and snatched Kylie off the ground, cradling her in his arms. He grinned down at her, starting the journey into the forest. "So," Pifer said, blinking down at Kylie with violet eyes as he made his way through the trees. "How about you tell me a little more about yourself?"
Last edited by JOFOXX on Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Kylie smiled and wrapped her arms around Pifer's neck. "Where do you want me to start?"
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Pifer chuckled. "How about, the reason you've been traveling so much?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

JOFOXX wrote:Terry made his way up to the door, bending over to grab the spare key out from under the welcome mat. He clicked the door open, and beckoned the others inside. Terry looked around as he stepped through the doorframe, but the house was silent. "Ian?" He called out, but answer came. He turned to the others. "Wait here. I'll go get something of his." He was up teh stairs before he finished speaking.
Sid stood sideways, his back against the strange house. He didn't know Terry very well, and hadn't even met Ian or the owners, and this alone made him feel uncomfortable. He put his arm around Sam's shoulder and squeezed her into him for comfort, trying to eliminate the chill he felt with her warmth...
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Kylie's smile quickly faded. "Well, I was trying to find my parents and brother. I went from forest to forest, and even snuck into a few zoos. But I never found them, not even a trace of them. And now, with us being endangered..." She sighed and laid her head back in Pifer's arms. "It's even more likely I never will..."

RP Characters
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Dr. Prower wrote: The two cats became soaking wet as they fell into the water. Jacob's head surfaced a few seconds after the fall. He spit out a bunch of water and giggled. "Well that was fun...Nothing like getting dripping wet, huh?"
Enya coughed as she surfaced, spitting out the chlorine water of the water fountain. "Oh my...we're both yet!" Enya giggled as she shook her fur. She held Jacob's hand and let him out of the pool. She and him sat down on the fountains edge, giggling about what just happened. "I think I fell for you a second time am I right?" she laughed.

Zander wrote: "Yeah, but what i meant is the fun place might be where everybody is." She looked around, seeing the small group of pets on the sidewalk. "hey look theres Rocky!" she pointed to the group.
Shep's tail wagged as he saw Rocky. He waved as he tried to move on his own but totally forgot he was still hurt in his ankle. He let go of Joy for a moment to greet him, but yelped as he dropped on the road again, gripping his ankle and grimacing.
"Ehe, a lil' help here? Ouch...."
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Neko

Post by Neko »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Sid stood sideways, his back against the strange house. He didn't know Terry very well, and hadn't even met Ian or the owners, and this alone made him feel uncomfortable. He put his arm around Sam's shoulder and squeezed her into him for comfort, trying to eliminate the chill he felt with her warmth...
Sam held sid, realizing he was uncomfortable.

(using phone and its hard to use but...)
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Pifer gazed grimly at the forest as it passed him. Kylie had told him a little bit about her family, but not much. "Well... At least you can hope right? At least you have that privilege..."

---------------------------

Terry scrounged around in Ian's room, searching for something small enough to carry with them. He soon found what he was looking for, Ian's old bandana. He scurried down the stairs, bandana raised up. "I found something!" He held the cloth out to Erin. "Will this work?"

---------------------------

Meanwhile, Ian was wandering aimlessly through the neighborhood. None of the houses looked familiar, and yet, they all looked the same. He sighed, kicking dust. "This sucks..."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Erin nodded, "That's perfect!" He said as he took the bandanna from Terry and sniffed it. He isolated and memorized Ian's scent, and sniffed around the house a little, "He hasn't been here since he left this morning. He's probably in the neighborhood somewhere." Erin told Terry, Sid and Sam.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

"Yeah..." Kylie stared out at the forest for awhile, a few tears rolling from her eyes. "Can, *sniff*, can we please talk about something else now?"

RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid leaned out of his hug with Sam to sniff at the bandana, almost burying his face in it as he scrunched up his nose, filling it with the smell. Something about it was familiar... "Oh hey, that's that little dog I ran into the other morning! ...Probably isn't safe running around on his own if you ask me..." He started to look around, letting go of Sam as he joined Erin on all fours, sniffing about for Ian's scent, his tail swishing about straight behind him...

-------- Across the neighborhood --------
Peter-Rabbit saw someone round the corner as Cale led them about. "Oh hey, look! It's a little dog! HAI LITTLE DOG!!" He yelled, waving his arms in the air and walking toward it.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

thrasherblades wrote:
Dr. Prower wrote: The two cats became soaking wet as they fell into the water. Jacob's head surfaced a few seconds after the fall. He spit out a bunch of water and giggled. "Well that was fun...Nothing like getting dripping wet, huh?"
Enya coughed as she surfaced, spitting out the chlorine water of the water fountain. "Oh my...we're both yet!" Enya giggled as she shook her fur. She held Jacob's hand and let him out of the pool. She and him sat down on the fountains edge, giggling about what just happened. "I think I fell for you a second time am I right?" she laughed.
"Yeah, looks like it," Jacob said, laughing with Enya.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Atari

Post by Atari »

"Probably not anything important, likely abandoned. Which means we can go now." Kyra tried to run off, but her efforts were useless. "All the more reason to go, right?"
"Not really. And stop dragging me along, you're making me feel weaklingish." Kyra tried walking off again, but again, was dragged along.