HPU: Applegate OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: HPU: Applegate OOC

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

nothing indicated that they did. and Lyn hasn't said yet if he wanted the brace now or to go to the vet.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Oh, forgot to tell you in case my post passed unnoticed: Hubert just canceled all pain from the injuried ones, so that the situation can be managed a bit more smoothly
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

For another one of my art projects we had to make a teapot thing.
So, I made Eon and Ion from this RP. (Really wanted to show you guys this!)
Still butchering the clay, already butchered the paper.
Now I'm scared they might explode in the kiln.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

They look great! :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I have no idea what to do with buster right now...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

asking about Lyn's situation maybe ?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Well, a dragon just appeared on Ray's shoulder she could definitely show interest in that.

Speaking of which, I got Hubert's description from this character sheet. If that's no longer accurate then let me know and I'll update my post.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

That moment you're bored and have nothing better to write than a magical story about your country cat character. This "Band of Heroes" thing is apparently taking over my mind. That wasn't even my intention with it.
--------------
Mickey smiled as her paw dragged across the fabric of the green handkerchief. It felt so...right to wear it around her neck instead of the red one. She looked at the red one on her wrist and felt content with it there. She didn't even live on the farm any more, so why wear it? But Mickey felt that there was a reason to the handkerchief, but darn if she knew it. Just then, the doors swung open and a being walked in.

It was a dark skinned young girl, her black hair tied back into a lightning bolt pony tail. She wore a long light green scarf and a green coat with sharp silver ends over a dark green shirt. Her pants were emerald color and silver chains hung from each pocket. Her shoes were lime and had silver laces. She walked directly toward Mickey, who she was about a foot taller than. It was then that Mickey noticed the mouse on her shoulder. The being cleared her throat and spoke to Mickey and Mickey alone, she was only visible to Mickey anyway.

"You have come to realize that you are to create peace for the world in which you reside. You have gained your Mark of Mickey." The being held her hand out toward the handkerchief. "The very handkerchief you wear around your neck."

"...What?"

"By realizing your purpose, you have unlocked your mark and now wear it proudly. You are to create and maintain peace. You are... the Gate-Keeper."

The being brought out a book and her eyes turn completely green as she pulled a pencil from behind her ear. She read as she wrote and with every word, a small wisp of light appeared around the kitten.

"Mickey Strawters has come to realize her purpose. The young kitten will be appointed the Gate-Keeper at the home of Human Author and Mickey Micks Mouse. Her weapon..."

Author looked at Mickey, who was using her claws to poke at the red lights around her. Author looked at the mouse beside her and handed her the pencil. Mickey Mics smiled and leaned down to write.

"...Spear."

The moment Mickey Micks stamped the last period, Mickey began to rise in the air. She fluffed up a bit and looked at the light red sparkles that started to race all around her being.

"What's with all the magic sparkles?"

The lights soon created a flashing red orb around the little kitten. Her dark silhouette was all that could be seen inside. The lights drew closer and closer to Mickey, eventually blasting away and the cat fell to the floor, landing her a kneeling position. Slowly, she rose to her full height.

Mickey stood tall (as tall as 2'6 is gonna get), her muzzle hidden by the green handkerchief. Her red cape blew in the nonexistent wind, long and littered with holes and cuts. And in the paw that has held out to side was a long, red spear, the same color as the cape. Her eyes were completely green, but that soon faded along with the cape blowing. It fluttered to the ground and she blinked her eyes.

"How do you feel?"

"Ah feel fine. Just...peaceful."
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

that's actually pretty good , nice and simple , too bad it isn't a complete story huh :P
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

I made an icon! The original belongs to Rick Griffin, I just colored over it.
Attachments
Mickey.png
Mickey.png (9.22 KiB) Viewed 20982 times
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

who was it originally ? Fox ?
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

It's the Sabrina icon from the cast page.
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

oh really ? wow that's awesome , pretty good job recoloring that icon there , really make a difference :)
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

I did three others for my other characters. The only I didn't get to is my character from Apollo City. Not only is his design complicated, I can't decide which icon to use. I think I'll have to use Miles icon our go out and find a good strip with Ralph in it.
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Today's post brought to you by the combined efforts of TMH and Roo and posted with permission of both players. ^^
Mickey wrote:I made an icon! The original belongs to Rick Griffin, I just colored over it.
Looks great! :D
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

sorry for not posting in a little while guys , still kind of discussing my possible plan for a little bit , that and I'm having a writer block , just a little bit ^^"
Will try to post as soon as possible , again , sorry ^^"
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Now don't you worry there. It happens to everyone (heck if I am not the best possible example around these parts).
I am sure inspiration will come soon enough, at it's own pace.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

I apologize myself for taking so long to respond. I've found myself rather wrapped up in gaming recently.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

it's Ok Leaf , it's fine ^^
speaking of wrapped up , tomorrow will be the first day of my finals , soooo might be a little slow on the posting , so yeah , just thought you guys would like to know :P
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Erm, I've considered my options, and I still like AG the best. Is it okay if I rejoin with a new character?

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

yeah, go ahead and make a new character sheet for approval
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I've posted this in the Main OOC, and I'll repost this here, with a few minor changes,

Name: Mikan Kawabe

Colour:#FF8000

Type: Main

Species: Common Otter

Appearance: Fairly tall, and fairly built. Typical common otter fur pattern, with dark brown and milk chocolate colours. Dark brown eyes, almost to the point of looking black. Wears a white collared T-shirt to hide the large red scar downwards across his front. This means no collars or tags. Carries a bulky messenger sling bag containing a lot of lollipops, chocolate bars and bottled water. Usually seen sucking on a lollipop with the stick sticking out of the left of his muzzle. Speaks with a deep husky voice.

Personality: He usually just takes it easy and goes with the flow of the situation, rarely disagreeing with whatever others say. Unless they wanted to do something bad, then he would take a step back. He also doesn’t have a lot to say, and tends to just do rather than discuss. This may cause others to see him as an aloof and stoic person. He likes helping others do whatever they want him to do, especially those that involves strength.

He has a habit of giving away lollipops or chocolate bars to everyone he hangs around with. The candies are home-made by his owners, and are restocked daily. He fears being in open waters, ironic considering his species. His favourite lollipop flavour is mandarin orange.

Other Notes: He is unusually strong for an otter because of the constant bag carrying. He was a rescued animal, and he could not readapt to life in the wilderness even when he had recovered from his serious injury, hence he was adopted by his owners.

SPECIAL Stats:
Strength – 10
Perception – 6
Endurance – 8
Charisma – 3
Intelligence – 6
Agility – 4
Luck - 5

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

seems like a reasonable character :)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I forgot to respond. yeah, this looks fine, if no one has any objections in the next, lets say 12 hours now since I took so long to respond, go ahead and start posting
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

No objections here.
Welcome back, Kuro!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

The Moon Howler

OBJECTION ... nonexistent!

Your character is... awesome!

Okay, okay, I can't find anything wrong so you have my thumbs up, kuro.

Also, welcome back, kuro! :D
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Thanks guys. I'll post in about 2 hours, as per Brent's instructions.

Some questions before I start though, I'm always a little overbearing when starting =w=

1) 19 active characters as of now. Rena, Tara, Mickey, Ray, Lyn, Buster, Duster, Hubert, Draco, Lilly, Miles, Duke, Serene, Martin, Mikan, Hazyl, Lydia, Eon and Ion. I excluded Janus and Buster the rabbit since they're at BPS at the moment. Is this correct?

2) Martin and Lilly are somewhere practising magic, Duster's at home and everyone else is at the bookshop, with Ion, Eon, Tara, Hazyl, Lyn and Miles setting off to a tour of the town. Is this correct?

3) I made a cheat sheet (a new one) for all the characters, highlighting only the appearance, because I need to keep track of everyone. Do you guys want a copy? It's handwritten though, but I can type it down real quick.

The Moon Howler

Martin and Lilly are in the bookstore and currently discussing magic related stuff

My RP Characters
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

1/ actually I'm pretty sure Draco is out , not sure about Duster , I think Buster is temporarily stops as well , not sure about it though my mind is kinda hazy about that part . Do we have a Mikan ? Unless you meant Mickey , in that case yes :P

2/ Martin is basically a modern time druid , so yes he is practicing magic , Lilly has some psychic capability but has not yet practice any of those , the rest is about to go on a tour , but Miles seems to have decided to secretly stay behind with Rena , Ray , Serenade and Duke.

3/ it's optional , but if it's ok with ya I think having one on hand would be nice :P
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

The Moon Howler wrote:Martin and Lilly are in the bookstore and currently discussing magic related stuff
Ah, okay. It wasn't that clear, though Martin's magic trick is pretty awesome
serence ice fox wrote:1/ actually I'm pretty sure Draco is out , not sure about Duster , I think Buster is temporarily stops as well , not sure about it though my mind is kinda hazy about that part . Do we have a Mikan ? Unless you meant Mickey , in that case yes :P

2/ Martin is basically a modern time druid , so yes he is practicing magic , Lilly has some psychic capability but has not yet practice any of those , the rest is about to go on a tour , but Miles seems to have decided to secretly stay behind with Rena , Ray , Serenade and Duke.

3/ it's optional , but if it's ok with ya I think having one on hand would be nice :P
So, Draco is out, and Buster the cat and Duster is on hold as well. Noted. Mikan's my character xD
And only Miles, Rena, Ray, Serenade and Duke stays behind (counting Lilly and Martin)? Ok

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

No objections as well!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

oh ! *facepaw* right right right , sorry my bad ^^" :oops:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

mine went home for lunch, IC, OOC i haven't been using them cause i've been getting used to a change of schedule causing time constraints.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hope everything is settling down for you buster :)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yeah, good luck with that, Buster.

Yay for ferret energy! That was fun to write! :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

And quite a block of text to read too xD

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Slightly confused by something.
She then turned to Mickey. "So, you've already seen the bookstore, and behind that is the new music store, run by Ray's family."
According to the map, the bookstore is commercial lot 5.
Isn't the lot directly behind commercial lot 5, Oak street lot G? As in the same lot G that i asked for when i joined and you guys gave me without a peep about it already being assigned to someone else?

Or did you mean down the street from it? cause i've always heard that referred to as 'before x/past x' not 'behind x'. behind usually refers to being on the opposite side from the main road, at least where i am.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

yeah, it's a frame of reference issue. I was thinking the exit was on the corner of the bookstore, and we'd gone a little forward. (further east on main street) so from where we are, behind is to the west.
I should probably edit that to a less subjective viewpoint.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Val, Mikan have not yet offered a lollipop to Hubert, the vanilla lavender one is in his maw xD
I'll re-edit my post to give Hubert one, but the old quoted version will be in your old post, I hope it's okay.

Also, I've added Buster and Duster into the cheat sheet, but my internet is super unstable atm, so I'll post that version up later

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

why am I suddenly imagine Hubert having a sugar rush ? :lol: