17th Century Fox - OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Roarin

Re: 17th Century Fox - OOC

Post by Roarin »

Any current events I should be aware of before jumping in? (I'll read the last few pages too) ^w^
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Not especially. Vitar just caused a small commotion by committing a burglary in town but no one knows it was him since he ditched the clothes he was wearing.
We're still on the same day that we were when you left although it's now getting fairly dark. Jin might still be wanted in the town after causing the uproar in the marketplace earlier. :P Most players are now sitting on the beach around a camp-fire eating fish and listening to stories.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

speaking of which I wonder where Moon Howler is..hm........
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

I am here :D
Also I saw I missed the last line in Hlaoroo's post and edited my post :D
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

yay ! :D
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

AH. Thanks, TMH! :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Any room for one more?
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

I dont see why not
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sure is!
Come on in!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

I keep forgetting that I'm the assistant gm here.
ImageImageImage
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Name: Aurora
Color: This One
Species: Ferret
Appearance: White snout, fur color turns light tan around the face the upper neck, which then goes light brown over the torso, and brown legs, arms, and tail. She has dark green eyes. Has a leather belt which she keeps to hold her short sword, she also wears her upper left incisor tooth on a string around her neck.
Personality: Will do anything for the right price, and will go anywhere to strike it rich. She has an unusual attraction to shiny things, especially gold and silver. She used to get into a lot of fights, that's how she lost a tooth, but that didn't work in her favor so she stuck to odd jobs. She saved up a small amount of gold and silver and managed to end up here.
Background: Was born and raised on the street, do odd jobs to stay alive. Ran into Rufus and he took her in. They shared similar interests and became good friends. Rufus decided to take them here to see if they could strike it rich or live a better life. After a while of doing odd jobs they where not getting anywhere, so with Rufus they decided to see if they could get a better life elsewhere, or at least a stable paycheck.

Strength: 7
Perception: 6
Endurance: 7
Charisma: 5
Intelligence: 5
Agility: 7
Luck: 5

Name: Rufus
Species: Human
Type: Secondary
Personality: Rufus is looking to make a name for himself, came here to try and do that. He also is trying to strike it rich and will do anything for a price. Let's Aurora do what she wants, mostly because she is a great help at going and making a profit for him.
Background: Also was raised on the street because his parents did not want to take care of him. He found Aurora on the street and the two instantly became good friends and co-partners. Did odd jobs to make a living, decided to head here to see if work here was better. After a while they started running out of jobs and money, together with Aurora they decided to see if they get be better off somewhere else.
Last edited by Civilization on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

She sounds like an interesting character. Hired paws are always welcome.
Does she have an owner? It's just that for a domestic species like hers it would be unusual not to have an owner, especially given that someone would have had to import her from England. Can you give her some more backstory? What makes her like gold so much? Where's she from and why is she the way she is? Just, a little more insight into the character would be good. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

I think I fixed the problem, any others and I'd be happy to fix them.
Hotep the psychic

I would add a job they would do on the ship. For example, blacks and his owner are cannoneers
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

If they're looking to get rich or looking for a better life then they wouldn't be looking at the sea. Seafaring life was gruelling and dangerous and the pay was generally quite poor. If they're looking for easy money or comfort then they're not going to do well at all on a ship, sorry. It's possible that they could be naive or that they could come to like the adventurous life though, I suppose.

Does anyone else have any thoughts or suggestions for the characters?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo made some really good points
May I give a little suggestion ? instead of trying to find riches on the ship itself , why not just use it as a mean to go to a new land , with new opportunity ? They have some gold , they could probably pay the captain for that , along with working on the ship of course .
Hotep the psychic

Another suggestion, is that the characters could be stowaways when the ship leaves using there skills on the island to take gold and jewels from officers and traders. Then made stowaways when the ship leaves port to escape trouble.
ImageImageImage
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

I was actually going for what Serence Ice Fox said, anything for them would be a better life than what they had before, and by wanting to be rich it doesn't mean they are going to get it, it was just something that drives them to be better.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That sounds like a good idea, Civilization. It begs the question though, from what are they running? I think that's an important question to answer because it's that that will give them their motivation and that can affect how they respond to certain situations too.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

They would be running from their poor life/the past, towards a future that they'll probably never reach but will go for it anyway.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yes, but what specifically? Is there a particular person that was targeting them or do they have criminal records or had they just fallen on bad times in general? What makes their past/their present situation so bad that they'd resort to fleeing to the sea?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Okay, I think I was able to sort it out. They are running from hard times and a lack of work. If anything more is needed I will be happy to try and fix it.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hmm... Okay. I guess we can work out the specifics of the hard times if it becomes relevant in-game.

Welcome aboard! Feel free to jump in and start posting!

To everyone else: I'm thinking we should stay in port for a few days. The Impudence needs repairs and restocking and that takes time. Anyone got any ideas for how we should spend the time on the island?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

well , this is most likely gonna be too hard to do , but maybe the captain could send the pets out to get the supplies ? They could also run into some troubles along the way too .
Hotep the psychic

well thats an idea but thats more a job for the pets owners. even if its just gathering. but i did have ideas and pmed roo about them and im bringing one we both took intrest in here.

After the captain's business is complete on the ship he heads into town he finds a British navy spy and decides he wants to reveal him, but how?

anything to add?
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

but then wouldn't that mean he's revealing himself to the navy that he's not as innocent as he appears to be ?
Hotep the psychic

Its a conundrum hed risk revealing himself as a pirate to a navy spy who if he gets away would give word to british ships.
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

Wouldn't he work with Juan Acosta on that, and let him use someone in town for any interaction with the spy?

That would also give you an opportunity to meet the 17th century fox.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hotep the psychic

that sounds like a good idea argent, then the characters have something more to do on the island and another story line addition would be complete. Roo what do you think?
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sounds like a good idea. :)
I was wondering how to get Juan into things.
How shall we make this work?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

id say the next day. this way the captain can wake up remembering he finished his paperwork and fell asleep right after so. however im thinking more into the british spy
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yeah, but I mean, who will the spy be, what will tip Palgrave et al off that he is a spy, what kind of damage will he have done and/or information will he have passed on, and how shall he be dealt with?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Name: Jonathan hector Carrington. Real name of spy

Porto Castillo name : vicktor trewlawny or barkeeper jack.

He stands about paraphrases height with tar black hair. He has a British naval tattoo on his shoulder. palgrave s into him while he's tailing another captain causing him to drop a letter that's already been cut open. The wax seal easily recognizable as English government. Inside is a bounty poster and a letter of thanks for the passing of info to the British fleets. And his next targets were as listed, "captain palgrave, captain harowgin, captain Pierre, captain James deleuthe, and the crimson raven captain. Seek them out and report on schedule. Make notes as usual and find out of any other cargos"

Palgrave won't read the letter until later. James is the captain wanted in the list since his ship went down hed be known to take over. However is somewhat safe being palgraves crew member.

The spy has a pet dog named fortnight and a dog named cellar both are large mastitis with grand sword skill and tracking skill. These two have friends in he navy and will fight to have there owner run from danger or help him fight.

Or for encounter palgrave meets with the spy at the pub while he's working, a unknown face walks in and talks with him privately before leaving sliding him a letter and a rolled paper barely showing palgraves name in one corner. Curious palgrave returns to the to give a job to blacks, jin and rhyme to sneak in and take the papers and return them to him to ease his worry. After returning he finds the same info.

I can come up with other ideas if this doesn't work for you roo.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I think, being a captain and colleague of Juan Acosta, Palgave wouldn't eat in the pub with the common rabble. Another crewperson would have to get the letter if seen that way. I think it's more plausible to have Palgave run into the spy in the street if that's to happen.

Come on, everyone else. I know there's more than just me and Hotep in this RP! Help us come up with some ideas to make this work for and involve all of you!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

sorry guys for not contributing as much (read : ANY) as I should when you guys finally come up with a seemingly interesting plot with pretty good potential , it's just that I'm dealing with some mental-ish-thingy these last few weeks now so it's kind of slowing me down a bit . However , tomorrow is my day off , perhaps I can skim through your posts and might come up with some suggestion , hopefully.
A little bit of a sum up of this would-be-plot along with everything had been discussed would be nice too , only if it's no trouble on your guys side of course :)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Well, not much has been discussed yet. We suggested having an arc about a spy on Castillo Pato so we could spend some time on the island. Hotep's post there was the first solid ideas we've had.

Sorry to hear you've been struggling though. You know, if you need to talk or if there's anything I can do to help then you can PM me any time. ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

ah I see , hm.....to the random idea generator !

thanks Hlaoroo for the offer at least :)

EDIT : ok so after reading a little bit , may I suggest maybe lengthen it out a bit ?
Below is my own suggestion for this , but before we begin , may I add something about my character ? I meant to talk about this a while ago but kept forgetting ^^" . Rocea was meant to be a kind of thief and info gatherer , this is also one of the thing she used to convince the captain to let her go along , since she's without an owner , becoming his unofficial pet and occasionally provides him with information through rumors and the likes , he might pick up something useful (information about an easy target , hidden treasures , stuff like that) and she in turn gets to travel with the crew until either of them no longer useful . As in if Rocea doesn't need his ship anymore , she'll leave , not selling him out or anything :P . (also , there might be a rumor about Rocea herself being a sea witch , which as mentioned in the RP , led to the mutiny oh her previous ship , however , sea witches are also believed to bring good luck to the sailors they favor , whether any of the crew of the captain himself hearing/believing about this is up to you guys to decide :) )

With that out of the way , let's get to the actual suggestion :
Right now we already have a navy ship docking for the whole day without anything happen big happened , so would it be possible to say that while the pets were on the island , the someone from the navy came and asked the captain some questions in an attempt to make him slip up and use that as an excuse to arrest him (the navy knows he's a pirate already of course , they have a spy on board after all , but by doing this they wouldn't have to deal with the kinds of rumors about them involving in any shadowy business) . The captain got through the questioning without giving them anything they want , all evidences all lead toward his ship being a trading ship , legal one, of course , so they can't arrest him , yet .
Not giving up their target so easily , the next morning they contact their spy , meeting him in one of the pubs (assuming there're more than 1) , where no one would bother paying attention to anyone else but the one they're talking to , and their drinks (especially when that "other person" is talking to the barkeeper) , to discuss a new plan , which might involves putting some illegal stuff on the Imprudence or the captain's personal chamber to frame him , or , as hotep might have implied , a swift , silent assassination , you decide .
Now this is where we might have a small division , some of the pets might come to the tavern , while some others might go to the pub and catch wind of the scheme , each situation will lead to each group investigating on their own about this spy , not knowing about the other group until eventually they bump into each other just before or during the pursuing of the betrayer.
I'm gonna use Rocea as an example :
+ Since she mentioned that she was here on the island at some points and caused some kind of shenanigans big enough for "half the town to go after her tail" , Juan's tavern might have also fell victim for that , and if that's the case , she could now come back to apologize and use some of the stuff she *ahem* "acquired" as compensation for the damage (jewel , for example , or gold) , only to be questioned by the captain whether she knew anything about the navy's reason of questioning him . This would be the start of the investigation for the "route" , the starting goal is to make sure that the Imprudence and its crew are officially clean by the end , erasing every bits of possible evidence that would suggest otherwise
+ Alternatively , she could go to the pubs , maybe to pay some debts , gathering some rumors and tales to extract valuable information , or simply because there's no such thing as "too much rum" . Being basically a pirate's equivalent of a spy , she might notice something that gives away the spy's shadowy behavior and , though not knowing about his target , decided to look into the matter a bit more , after all if that human is truly a spy for the Navy , it would be the matter of time before she becomes the next target , thus he should be eliminated first , by an unfortunate accident , and there we have the opening of this alternate "route"

Of course this is just my example , other characters will have other reasons to go to one of these places :P . That's all I can come up for now unfortunately , the rest might develop based on the characters' choices . So , what do you think guys ?
Hotep the psychic

Hmmm again palgrave may not go into a pub but a navy' ship docking at port could make some tension. However since the crew doesnt know faces they can turn to the spy before leaving and keeping to the opposite side of the island awaiting the information. The question is how does palgrave find the spy out or how does he find out that something is up.

@roo so if palgrave runs into the spy hed find a letter on the ground. However he wouldnt know what hes doing. What could also happen is he has to take a crew member and two pets to meet with juan. I would have blacks follow just due to his curiosity where he could meet the 17th century fox beleiving hes the spy. As the meeting goes on the actual british spy arrives and begins to listen in on juan and palgrave. He takes notes and so on adding to his list, hes spotted by either palgrave, juan, or found out by the pets causing him to run and drop his letters and papers holding his finds and the letter of work from the british. Yadda yadda yadda.
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

No need to arrange anything complex, because at some point the pets need to visit Isabella (said 17th century fox) anyway. There should be at least one or two representatives from the ship's pets visiting her just as a courtesy.

I never mentioned what species of fox she is. She could be a European red fox, North American red or grey fox, or a South American fox (eg, grey fox, pampas fox).
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Argent wrote:No need to arrange anything complex, because at some point the pets need to visit Isabella (said 17th century fox) anyway. There should be at least one or two representatives from the ship's pets visiting her just as a courtesy.
that's one way for that route as well , maybe black and his girlfriend ? :)