Housepets: Mortality

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Mickey

Housepets: Mortality

Post by Mickey »

Pete and Dragon's mortality to be exact!
---------------------------------------

Pete and Dragon held hands, took one deep breath, and walked through the portal together. They held each other's hands tightly as they felt their power leave and their bodies shift and change. If anything, Pete clung to his sister's hand, as if she would fly off and leave him.

"Almost there, Pete. Just a little more waking, we're almost there."

The two walked through a bright light, starting a new life and beginning.

Also, faceplanting into the grass of the forest.
--------------
Pete sat up first, shaking his head and groaning. He looked around, waiting for his vision to focus. When it did, he noticed the furry body next to him. He shrugged it off, looking around for his sister.

"Dragon? Dragon, where are you? Dragon!"

"Mmm. Five more hours."

Pete looked down at the animal next to him. He shook it, noting his own paw.

"Dragon? Dragon, wake up!"

Dragon snorted and sat up, shaking her head and looking at Pete. She had a brown, white tipped muzzle leading into a white chin. Her back was dark brown and her under belly was white. She had white paws.

"Pete? Why are you a dog?"

Pete looked exactly like Dragon, minus he didn't have white paws. His were dark brown. He helped her up after standing up himself.

"We're mortal, I know that much."

"Where are we?"

"I don't know, but let's find a way out."

The two began walking, luckily finding an opossum.

"You're in the woods currently."

Pete sighed and dragged his paw down his face.

"Of course!"

Dragon stepped up.

"Do you know how to get to civilization?"

The opossum pointed to a pathway between some trees.

"Follow that road to get to Babylon Gardens. People, pets, anything you need."

"Thank you, um..."

"Jessica."

"Thank you, Jessica. Come on, Pete."

The two waved and walked off on the path. Pete leaned on Dragon a little, just enough not to be noticeable. They soon came to a arc that read "Babylon Gardens". They walked in, watching all the pets play and run around.

"So what now, Dragon?"

"Get noticed, I guess."

"HEY!"

"That was fast."

The two turned to see a human walking over. He removed his shades and smiled at them.

"What do you wolf-foxes want?"

Dragon choose her words carefully.

"To...be adopted?"

"Sure! Sure, just get in my van and I'll take you to a nice home! They'll love you!"

Pete and Dragon looked at each other, skeptical but began to slowly follow the man. They were about to climb in the back, when a shout stopped them.

"Don't get in that van!"

The siblings turned around to another man running up. He pulled them both back and shut the doors. He had a goatee and shaggy black hair that covered his eyes a little. His blue eyes looked at Pete.

"Say, "We're ready to go.""

"Wh-"

"Just say it!"

Pete jumped at the whisper-shout, but cleared his throat.

"We're ready to go!"

The man in the van chuckled evilly before driving off. The man with Pete and Dragon watched it go before turning to them. He kneeled to their height.

"Don't you know not to get in mysterious vans?"

Pete and Dragon both nodded.

"Then what was that?"

"We're new to this neighborhood thing."

Dragon nodded.

"We've decided that we wanted to be adopted by a nice family instead of living in the forest."

The man sighed, taking them both by the paws and leading them to his house. He let them in and sat them down.

"You can't stay here, but you can visit whenever. My name is Tyler and if I don't answer the front door, I'm in the garage if there's no note. Ok, now that that's outta the way, what are your names?"

"I'm...Pete."

"And I'm Dragon."

Tyler nodded and rubbed both their heads. He walked into the kitchen, Pete and Dragon rubbing their heads off when he left.

"Can we trust this guy?"

"We have to, Pete. We're mortal, remember? We can't exactly blow up anyone who hurts us with a small snap of our fingers anymore."

Pete groaned and laid back into the old couch. It smelled like Doritos and Mountain Dew. He felt a paw take his own. He looked over at Dragon.

"I said I'd take care of you."

"I know."

"So I am."

"I know."

"We're in this together, brother."

She held up their paws, lacing her fingers through his. Pete smiled and folded his fingers. Tyler walked in with a sandwich in his mouth and two on a plate.

"Am I interrupting something?"
Last edited by Mickey on Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
SuperStar

Re: Housepets: Mortality

Post by SuperStar »

Hrm. Interesting so far. Though, just a note, didn't Kitsune say that they won't remember anything? https://www.housepetscomic.com/2014/09/ ... ion-prize/
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

I prefer to think of it as a scale. As they make new memories with Tyler and the others, the previous memories they had as demigods fade until they are restored.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I like how that would work, though if my theory is right, I don't think they do remember anything...
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Seems pretty good so far! Keep up the good work.
Feel free to call me Czu for short. The games on this forum are pretty neat.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

I like this idea of Pete and Dragon retaining their memories because at least you can say that they actually learned something from their past ordeal: not to be jerks (even though there are those who will probably never learn).
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Chapter 1: King Me
-----------------------
Pete and Dragon let go of each others paws, looking over at Tyler.

"No, it's alright. Just a brother-sister thing."

Tyler just shrugged and nodded, walking over and setting the plate down. He swallowed and wiped his mouth before pointing to the sandwiches.

"I don't know what guys are, I'm assuming wolves or foxes or something, so I didn't exactly know what to put in between the bread. It's salami, pepperoni, and cheese."

Pete and Dragon picked up the sandwiches, Dragon looking at the contents and Pete just eating it. She bit into it, shrugged and continued eating. Tyler picked up the plate and put it in the sink. He came back, rubbing Pete and Dragon on the head as he walked passed. He picked up his red guitar, plucking the strings.

"Alright, I'm in the garage. Head outside for a bit."

Tyler lead them outside and walked to his open garage. He waved to them, starting to play a song. Pete and Dragon looked at each other, shrugged, and walked over to the ladder on top of the house. Pete helped Dragon up onto it, grabbing her tail to pull himself to the first rung. They climbed up onto the roof, over-looking the neighborhood. Pete pulled one leg to his chest, setting his paw on it and sighing.

"What are we gonna do, Dragon?"

"I don't know yet."

"We're stuck as whatever wolf-foxes are for the next sixty-plus years."

"At least we met a human who might care for us."

"But we still have to fend for ourselves when he's not around. We'll have to learn how to hunt again."

"He'll probably give us a key to his house."

"What are the chances of that? Imagine if Cerberus could see me now."

*In Heaven*

Cerberus and Kitsune were watching Pete and Dragon, hearts floating above Cerb's heads as she looked at how cute Pete was in that form. She looked at Kitsune, smiling.

"Can he stay like that forever?"

Kitsune smiled smugly and turned tail.

"If he wants."

*Back in Babylon Gardens*

Pete and Dragon were still talking, not noticing a white-bellied corgi and a blue-ish husky walking up.

"Hey! Down here!"

Pete and Dragon snapped out of their trance, looking over the gutter to see the corgi and husky waving with one paw, the other holding each other's. The siblings climbed down and met them on the sidewalk. The corgi held out his paw.

"Hi, I'm King."

"And I'm Bailey, his wife."

Pete and Dragon awkwardly shook paws with them. Pete's tail lowered a little.

"I'm Pete."

"And I'm Dragon."

Both King and Bailey's eyes widened, remembering griffon Pete and Spirit Dragon. King calmed himself, gripping Bailey's paw a little tighter.

"So are you new here?"

"We're from the forest, actually."

"Just decided we needed a better life."

"We're still new to this whole mort-pet thing."

Pete laughed awkwardly and scratched the back of his head. Dragon smiled the most realistic fake smile she could. King and Bailey looked at each other then to the siblings. They had a plan to see if they were their demigod "friends".

"Hey, Pete, do you like griffons?"

"They're-"

"I don't! They're just catchickens that reek! They one of the worst mythical creatures!"

While King was talking about griffons to Pete, Bailey had Dragon on dragons.

"In my opinion, dragons are just snakes with legs and wings!"

"Dragons are-"

"Now, I mean no offense to your name, but dragons are just terrible."

Soon, the twins had enough.

"Hey! Griffons are hunky and awesome creatures! I would know, I was one before I became this!"

"And dragons are beautiful and smart! And aren't related to snakes in anyway! I know cause I was one!"

"You sneaky sons of charming young women."

King and Bailey smiled smugly and began laughing. Pete and Dragon huffed and began to climb back onto the roof, but a still slightly snickering King stopped them.

"Come on! You guys are mortal, now we can be friends."

"If you're nice anyway."

Dragon looked at them, then at her brother.

"Could we?"

"We are mortals now. I guess."

Pete helped Dragon down again and walked back over to King and Bailey. Pete huffed, his tail curling around his leg.

"We're acquaintances."

King and Bailey smirked and told the siblings to follow them. Pete sighed and Dragon smiled a little, following behind the couple. Sparkles appeared in their eyes, giving them both a headache.A memory of them being in a three-story house in Heaven was pushed off the scale, being replaced with a memory of Tyler's small two-story house in Babylon Gardens. Another a small memory of Pete being a jerk to King and Bailey during the U&U game was pushed off the scale. It's replacement was a memory of becoming "friends" with Pete's former avatars. Dragon and Pete shook their heads and blinked a few times, the sparkles gone and their vision restored.

They looked in front of them, seeing King and Bailey waiting a few paces ahead.

"You guys ok?"

"Yeah, we're fine, King."

Pete and Dragon jogged, catching up and walking with the couple again.

"What happened, Dragon?"

"I don't know, but I can't remember a lot about the U&U game."

Pete and Dragon shrugged and kept walking.
My characters!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Great job on this next chapter! I really like how it turned out!
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

This is a nice little story... I like the concept for the memory replacement, and fox wolves? *Squees* They would look so cool! :D

Keep it up! ^w^
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Great job, Mickey! :D
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Thank you everyone!
Chapter 2: The Park and Home
------------------------
After a quick goodbye form Tyler, the quartet made it to the park. Pete and Dragon sniffed, surprised by their new heightened senses. The scent of cut grass and fresh air filled their nostrils, making them sigh loudly in content. Pete looked around at all the pets, running around and catching Frisbees.

"It smells-"

"Heavenly?"

King and and Dragon laughed at the joke. The siblings run off to a large oak tree, climbing up it using their claws. The strain of climbing was different than floating everywhere. Pete helped Dragon up to the thick branch he was sitting on, the two looking down at King and Bailey, who had taken to snuggling under the tree. The two watched the siblings.

Pete and Dragon smiled at each other, getting an idea.

"What's the name of that movie again?"

"I don't remember. Just remember watching it. Now come on, let's go."

Pete and Dragon switched places, Dragon sitting safely on the branch and Pete digging his claws into the tree. Pete put on a pleading look up at his sister, who had a neutral expression. Pete tried to climb up, pretending to slide a little.

"Sister! Help me!"

Dragon held her expression, before lashing out and playfully digging her claws into Pete's paws. He fake screamed, looking up at his sister. She smiled evilly and leaned down to his ear.

"Long live the king."

Dragon threw him backwards, Pete smiling as he fell the short distance. He shouted as he fell, but didn't suppress the laughter in his throat as he hit the ground softly. He surprised King and Bailey with the landing, but they smiled at him laughing. Pete smiled back and climbed back up the tree.

"Should we be concerned about them, Kingy?"

"They're mortal, they don't have powers, and can finally feel pain...No."

*Later*

Pete and Dragon were resting, Pete on a low branch and Dragon underneath him on the ground. Pete looked down a her, then his tail. He moved it around some before dropping it in front of her. She smiled and pushed it away.

"Hey!"

The siblings looked over, seeing a tan dog in a green collar. He had a posse consisting of a lime-eyed mastiff and a grey husky wearing a yellow handkerchief. The dog walked over, glaring at them both. Pete and Dragon held neutral stares at him.

"Who are you two? And what are you doing here?"

The siblings sighed, getting up and stretching. Pete jumped from his spot on the tree and they walked up to the dog. They were taller and more well-built then him. Pete's yellow-eyed stare coupled by Dragon's green-eyed stare made him falter just a bit.

"I'm Pete."

"And I'm Dragon."

The dog scoffed and crossed his arms.

"Don't you just have lame names! I'm Bino, and all dogs answer to me. Like you two!"

Dragon patted down a stray fur on her neck.

"We're not dogs."

"We're wolf-foxes."

Bino had a small realization, but soon turned and left mumbling, "Not worth my time." The husky and the mastiff stayed. The husky held out his paw, which the siblings shook.

"I'm Fox."

The mastiff bowed properly.

"And I'm Rex."

Fox looked back after Bino, who hadn't stopped walking.

"Don't mind him. You guys can come to the club anytime."

Pete and Dragon nodded and watched as they walked back over to Bino. Pete ruffled his sisters hair, the green-eyed wolf-fox pushing his hand away. King and Bailey walked up behind them.

"You guys should head back home, get cozy with your new owner."

"He's not our owner!"

Pete and Dragon huffed a little, looking over at the setting sun. Dragon picked up her little brother, much to his disdain.

"But we should be getting home."

"Which is not Tyler's house! Also, put me down!"

Dragon laughed, dropping Pete. The two waved goodbye and walked back to Tyler's.

*At Tyler's*

Tyler was still in the garage, but this time with a small crowd. Pete and Dragon could her the rock music from the garage. They walked over and, being taller than everyone by a bit, saw Tyler playing hard with his eyes closed and his teeth clenched.

He ended the song with a long chord, everyone cheering. He picked up his dropped microphone, panting.

"Ok, that's all for today! See ya tomorrow!"

Everyone cheered again before leaving, Pete and Dragon walking up. Tyler was putting his guitar away when he noticed them.

"Oh, hey guys!"

He rubbed their heads before clicking his case shut. Pete still brushed off his head, but Dragon was just fixing her hair. They followed after him, sitting down on the couch. Tyler carefully leaned his guitar against the wall before going in the kitchen. Pete fell back in the couch, inhaling the scent of it as he sighed.

"My everything hurts."

Dragon laid on her stomach, back paws hanging off the arm, and crossed arms supporting her head.

"Being mortal isn't as fun as I thought."

"At least we got to go somewhere."

"And got to play for once."

"I guess this is what not focusing on your reputation feels like."

Tyler came back, holding plates of spaghetti in his hands and one on his head. He passed the plates to Pete and Dragon, taking the one on his head for himself. The siblings looked at each other then at the sauced noodles before them. They shrugged and picked up the forks, twirling it and taking a experimental bite.

"It's actually something I would consider eating."

"It's delicious!"

The three ate and watched TV until plates were clean and the moon was in the sky. Tyler stood up and stretched, turning off the TV. He turned to the twins.

"Since I don't really have any extra beds, you guys are gonna have to sleep in that old rabbits tunnel in my backyard."

Pete glared and Dragon's mouth fell open. Tyler gulped under the stare of Pete's yellow eyes and quickly shuffled off. Pete ruffled Dragon's hair, pushing it over her eyes.

"Told ya so."

"Yeah, whatever."

The two were still playfully bickering when Tyler came back. He was carrying a bunch of blankets and pillows, and an orange extension cord. He cleared his throat and the two looked over, eyes getting wide at all the stuff. He managed he stuff downward a little, showing he had a key between his teeth.

"Here's some stuff to keep warm. Come on."

Pete and Dragon looked at each before following after a struggling Tyler. Dragon took a few blankets, while Pete took the extension cord. He thanked them through clenched teeth, using his knee to flip up the backdoor latch and kick it open. He lead them to a den like hole in the ground, big enough for both of them.

"Ok, here ya go."

Tyler spread a blanket on the ground, much to Dragon's happiness. He slipped the extension cord underneath it and then spread a thicker blanket on the ground.

"You guys do your thing, I'll be right back."

Tyler ran back in the house, putting the key in his pocket. Pete and Dragon shrugged, climbing into the den and deciding on a way to sleep. Pete was under a blue blanket with a black pillow propped against his head on the right side of the den. Dragon had a green blanket with a white pillow cushioning her head.

Tyler came back, a small heater in his hands. He connected the cord to the extension cord and turned it on. He sighed and tied the key to a string. He removed the button on his pants, shoving it into the roof of the den. He hung the key on it before rubbing their heads again.

"Key to the house. Use it if you need to. Goodnight."

Tyler smiled and walked back in the house, leaving the siblings. Pete and Dragon were smiling when sparkles appeared in front of their eyes.

The memory of Pete stealing King's fate and Dragon attempting to take Peanut as her boyfriend were pushed off the scale. They were replaced with today's park play, meeting Bino, Rex, and Fox, and being the den together.

Pete shook his head, looking over at his sister. He reached a paw out to her.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Dragon hugged Pete, headlocking him and giving him a nuggie. He laughed and pushed her away. They both hugged for real this time before climbing under the covers and going to sleep.
My characters!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Awww. This chapter is just so warm and fuzzy! I love how it had come out! Nicely done!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Chapter 3: Welcome To The Housepet Life!
-------------------------------------------------
Pete woke up, stretching a little. The sun had yet to rise, but his night-vision was strong enough to allow him to see. He looked over at his sleeping sister, then reached up and grabbed the key. He unlocked the door and walked, still half-asleep, into the kitchen. He got a drink of water and was about to leave when he noticed Tyler's room. He walked in, looking at the sleeping man. He walked over to his bed side.

"You have one chance, mortal. May you use it wisely."

Pete huffed before walking back out to the den.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Dragon's eyes were forced open by the morning sun. She sat up and stretched, turning off the heater and began to shake her brother.

"Pete, come on little bro, time to wake up."

"Go away, Dragon."

"Alright, but I smell pancakes."

"Outta the way!"

Pete pushed passed Dragon, opening the door and skidding into the kitchen. Dragon jumped over him, pushing him to the ground. Tyler watched as they fought to be first to the table. He set down plates of pancakes, bacon, eggs, and cups of orange juice.

"Alright! Come on, all the plates are the same."

Pete and Dragon jumped over each other to the table, taking their seats and eating. Tyler rolled his eyes and began eating.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pete and Dragon were sitting on the couch, watching TV. Tyler was in his room, getting dressed.

The two were watching the news when Tyler came in wearing a pair of ripped jeans and his signature copper-colored shirt. He threw his keys in the air, catching them.

"Come on guys! We're heading to the store."

"Why?"

"So I can buy I buy some stuff for you guys!"

Pete and Dragon looked at each other before standing up and following Tyler. He wheeled a Vespa scooter from the garage. He straddled it, putting on a helmet.

"Come on."

Pete and Dragon sniffed the vehicle, before getting on behind Tyler. He put the keys in and lifted his foot off the ground as he drove off.

Dragon clung to Tyler and Pete clung to Dragon as they sped down the road. Tyler was smiling, glancing back at the two siblings. The store came into sight and he skid to a stop. Pete and Dragon hyperventilated while Tyler removed his helmet, picking up the twins and carrying them to the store.

Pete and Dragon stayed close to Tyler as they looked around at all the supplies. He collected a few bags of food and began to walk to the accessories section.

"Pick out a collar. Stay together and I'll be right back."

Tyler left and Dragon and Pete looked at each other, locked hands, and began to look around.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pete picked up a black collar, fitting it around his neck. He took it off and set it back down. Dragon looked at a pink collar, but decided against it. Then they both remembered Tyler's shirt color. They began looking around, spying on Tyler from afar to see if it was the right color.

"Pete!"

The male looked up from the light brown collar he had and jogged over to his sister, who was holding to copper-colored collars. They high-fived, picked up the leashes that went with them, and began to look for Tyler.

They found him in the check-out isle, about to pay for his items.

"Tyler!"

He looked up from his wallet, head turning to the direction his name was called. He smiled at Pete and Dragon, ruffling their hair when they made it over. They presented the collars and Tyler took them.

"Cool, they're my favorite color! Who'd you guys know?"

"You've worn copper-colored shirts since we've been here."

"Oh."

Tyler smiled and stood back up.

"These too, please."

"M'k. That'll be $40.00."

Tyler produced the money and collected everything in a basket. He handed Pete and Dragon their collars, which they put on immediately. They began to leave after Tyler.

"Why were we so eager to wear these collars?"

"I-I don't know, Pete. You're big sister can't answer everything."

"That's a first."

"Hey!"

The two laughed and Dragon got Pete in a headlock. He shoved her away and they climbed onto the Vespa, where Tyler was tying the food the the floor of the scooter. He climbed and began to drive again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The three drove down the road, the wind passing by them. Tyler glanced over at a path off road, turning the scooter onto it. The siblings feared he had lost control, but smiled when they saw the path lead through the forest. They smiled at the scenery, Tyler driving slow to take it in as well.
----------------------------------------
Tyler stopped the Vespa in the driveway, getting off and holding it up into the siblings got off. He held it with his foot and grabbed the food.

"Pete, can you wheel my scooter into the garage?"

"Sure."

"Thanks. Dragon, a little help?"

"Yeah."

While Dragon jogged over to help Tyler open the door, while Pete opened the garage and wheeled in the scooter. He shut the door and walked into the house.

Tyler and Dragon set the food in the fridge, shutting it with her foot. They walked into the living room, just as Pete walked back in. They all nodded and walked back outside.

Pete got the Vespa and they all got on. Tyler let his foot up and they began a drive to the forest.
My characters!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This chapter is actually a really great chapter! Nice job on this!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Chapter 4: Arrest Me, Officer
-------------------------------------------
The three were sitting in the grass of a clearing. They had just gone swimming in the lake nearby. Tyler leaned against the tree in the middle with Pete by his side and Dragon floating in the slow moving water. Tyler and Pete were both half-asleep, Pete willingly leaning on him.

"Hey! This is a restricted area! Leave the premises immediately or Sargent Ralph will have to escort you out!"

Both jumped a foot in the air and turned to see a German Shepard, in uniform, staring down at them. Tyler stood up and stretched, collecting his scattered shirt and shoes. Pete glared at the dog, whom he was assuming to be "Ralph", accepting Tyler's extended hand, standing up. Tyler looked over at the lake.

"Alright, come on. Dragon!"

"What?"

"Come on, sis! We're leaving!"

"Aw, man!"

Dragon climbed out of the water, dropping to all fours and shaking the water off. Ralph looked away with a stern glare, but glanced over until his eyes were fixated on the she-wolf-fox. Everything slowed down and every little detail was visible to him. Her brown and white hair as it silently preformed a dance as she shook. Her soft and silky tail as it flew through the air. She stood up, throwing her head back, sending small water droplets for the sunlight to catch. Pink started to line the edges of his vision the longer he stared.

Dragon walked passed, hand on hip. She smiled at Ralph, finger-waving at him.

"Hello, Officer..."

She looked down at his tag, still smiling.

"Ralph. I'm Dragon. Dragon Miller, technically, but I'm not officially adopted yet."

Ralph snapped back into reality and gave a firm nod to Dragon.

"Hello, Miss Dragon. Do your part to keep your neighborhood safe, please."

"Can do. Also..."

She closed his gaping mouth.

"Make sure to keep your mouth closed at all times."

Ralph nodded, weakly this time, and Dragon walked away. She flipped a medium-small, but very beautiful, green rock into his paws.

"Found it at the bottom of the river."

He watched as she clicked on her collar as the Vespa drove off. Ralph looked at the rock in his hands, smiling as he put in his collar. He looked at the trail off which they left, unaware of Fido and Kevin behind him. Fido waved a paw in front Ralph's eyes, once again snapping into reality.

"Come on. Let's go."

Ralph turned tail and began walking away, discretely pulling the rock from his collar. He glanced at the trail again, wondering what it was that turned him into a puppy a second ago. He turned the rock over, seeing a phone number. (When your left alone for a few minutes, things are found out)
---------------------------------------
The three were now playing hockey in Tyler's kitchen. He toppled over tables and used large pots as multi-goals on the offending sides. Tyler sat on top of the fridge, acting as referee. Pete and Dragon skated around on the slippery floor, hockey sticks clashing violently as the black puck slide around.

Dragon shot for Pete's five point rice pot, the male sliding over and slamming his hockey stick on the ground to block it. He gained control and slid over to shoot for Dragon's three point pasta strainer when there was a knock at the door. Tyler blew the whistle and the game halted as he climbed down to go answer it. The two wolf-foxes grabbed the wax machines and began to touch up the floor.

Tyler opened the door to see no one, but a envelope on the doorstep. He picked up the paper, looking around her the giver of it. He read the name on it.

"Dragon! You have a letter apparently."

The female wolf-fox poked her head in before walking over and taking the envelope. She used her claws to open it, taking out a pink slip of paper.

"Notice to appear? Valentine enforcement?"

Dragon continued to read the paper, not being able to place the sender. She shrugged and tucked the paper into her collar, snatched up her hockey stick, and run back into the kitchen to rejoin the game.

Unaware of the muzzle in the bushes...

"Ralph, why are you hiding?"

"AH!"
----------------------------------------------------
The three had ended the game, the score at 15-17, Pete winning. Dragon tripped him by stepping on his tail and putting her hockey stick out. He tripped her as she passed by him on the way out the door. They all hopped on the Vespa and rode to the park.

Pete and Dragon immediately climbed the tree they did last time, Tyler right after them. They all sat on different branches within range of each other. They all noted a tan dog and a purple cat, along with Bino yelling at a smaller dog that looked like him.

The K9-Unit was there as well, playing catch with a frisbee. Ralph jumped up to catch it when a certain animal entered his vision. Like before, everything slowed down as he tried to look away.

The way the sunlight shone upon her, illuminating her dark brown and white fur. Her hair carefully cascaded down her shoulders as she looked around. She looked at him, her green eyes glowing like emeralds in the darkest of caves. Those eyes widened and she held a paw out to him. Pink once again started to line his vis-

*CLANK!!!*

The frisbee hit Ralph in the head, knocking him down and out of his stupor. He hit the ground and groaned, holding his head. He felt the others around and someone lifting his head.

"Officer Beauregard, put me down."

"I'm not lifting you, sir."

"What?"

Ralph opened one eye to see Dragon's green eyes looking at him. He looked at her, smiling.

"Hello, Miss Dragon."

"Hi, Officer Ralph. I did my part to do my neighborhood safe."

"That's good. Did you receive a note earlier?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I sent it."

"Really? I didn't understand what it meant."

"I was asking if you would be my Valentine."
My characters!
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Awwr! Ralph, you sly dog you... I wonder if Dragon will say yes? (In a deep endcredits voice) Find out in the next episode of: Housepets: Mortality :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Who knew that the always very serious Ralph had a soft-side. Nice update on this story!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Chapter 5: He's My Dad...
(In this chapter, everyone's favorite rocker goes into a coma)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After the park, the Miller's had gone home. Tyler started coughing, concerning the siblings. He ensured them he was fine and they it was probably just a cold and they accepted what he said, but he could tell that they weren't believing him entirely. He got worse and Pete and Dragon finally dragged him to the hospital, Pete driving the Vespa. The doctor wanted them to wait outside the room, but all of them demanded they all be in the room together. The doctor buckled under the green, yellow, blue, keep-staring-and-you'll-burst-into-flames glares he was receiving. It luckily turned out to be just a cold, calming the two pets down a little. But then, the doctor said something else. Tyler went pale and cleared his throat.

"C-Could you run that by one more time?"

"Mr. Miller, you have a disease that might kill you."

"Oh, ok..."

3. 2. 1... And prepare for a third degree glass-shattering...

"WHAT?!"

Tyler jumped a clean two feet off the table, Pete's eyes went tiny, and Dragon downright fainted. While Pete dropped to the ground to help his sister, Tyler jumped off the table and grabbed the doctor by the shoulders.

"Whaddya mean I have a disease that might kill me?!"

"I mean what I said."

"Well, how long do I have to live?"

"I'm not sure."

"How are you not sure?! You're a Bicycle Repair Man doctor!"

"It's a rare disease that I've never seen before! I'm not gonna have all the answers, ok?"

Tyler growled and gathered Pete and Dragon. He angrily flipped off the doctor before leaving. He started up the Vespa and drove off, too angry to notice he was still sick.
----------------------------------------------------------------
They had mellowed out after a few weeks. Tyler accepted the fact that death could show up at any moment, ready to drag him toward the bright light and seal-(YOU. ARE NOT. HELPING.) Sorry...

Tyler accepted the fact he could be taken sooner or later. He went in for the study of the disease every now and then, but he often forget about the disease often. Dragon and Pete would forget as well, much like they forget other things, more focused on Tyler than his disease. They wouldn't treat each other any different. They treated each like family. If you can call riding on a Vespa with two wolf-foxes both shouting, "She's touching me!" and, "It's free air, Pete!" and, "I will pop a wheelie if both of you don't stop!", treating each other like family.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
They arrived at the Milton Manor, Dragon and Pete clinging to the one front of them for dear life. Tyler had got annoyed enough to preform a wheelie unexpectedly, scaring the twins enough to shut them up for the rest of the ride. They all got up knocking on the door. A brown and peach ferret opened the door, looking up at Tyler.

"Down here."

Tyler looked down and saw him. The three looked at the ferret, Pete snickering.

"What's so funny, nerd?"

"Ooooooh! Big talk from a little guy!"

"Shut it! I could buy and sell you!"

"Your voice is too squeaky to take seriously-AHAHAHA!!"

Pete fell backwards laughing, angering the ferret. Dragon looked at her brother, annoyance apparent on her muzzle.

"I'm Keene Milton! One of the six richest ferrets alive! You should not be insulting me!"

"Please forgive my oh so rude behavior. I was gonna ask you a question, but I guess you have otter things to do!"

That one earned a small snirk from everyone, but Keene. His cheeks turned red with anger.

"Stop it!"

"I'm about to be in soooo much trouble! There's no way I could weasel my way out of this one!"

Every snirked harder, trying to contain their laughter. Keene wasn't fond of being compared to his species cousins.

"I'll give you a warning!"

"But I'm just pole-ing your leg."

Everyone lost it. They all toppled in laughter, minus Keene, who was fuming. He started to walk back in when Tyler stood up, holding his sides still.

"Wait. Wait, wait, wait. I'm here to register these two as Babylon Gardens pets under the Miller name."

"Why should I?"

Tyler pulled a hundred dollar bill from his pocket.
--------------------------------------------------------
"All of you sign here and here."

The three pens scribbled names onto the paper, which now said that Pete and Dragon legally belonged to Tyler. Keene stamped it and the three shared a high-five. He shoved them out of the manor and shut the door. They all hopped on the Vespa and began driving away.
--------------------------------------------------------
They were at the park, Pete and Dragon playing with a purple cat and a tan dog. Tyler watched from a low tree branch, smiling. Suddenly, his chest started to hurt. He put a hand to it, feeling nothing abnormal. His heart rate felt fine and he didn't feel anything besides the pain. He shrugged it off and continued watching the pets. The pain got worse after a few minutes, this time bad enough to make Tyler yank his knees to his chest and curl into a ball with his hand threatening to tear a hole in his shirt. He was panting hard as it subsided.

"M-maybe I should-"

Tyler had started to stand up on the ground, but he stood for a few seconds before doubling over and dropping to his hand and knees. That caught the attention of Dragon and Pete, Pete ignoring the soft bump of the frisbee as he got hit in the head with it. The two bounded over and carefully touched his back. They slung his arms over their shoulders and lifted him up. When he was unresponsive, the twins got scared and shook him a little.

"T-Tyler? Ty, this isn't funny."

"Tyler? Come on, wake up!"

Dragon held up his chin to look at him. When his head limply dropped back down, the two's eyes went tiny. They scoped up the man and carefully set him on the scooter. Pete started it up and, probably broke the speed limit, rode toward the hospital.
---------------------------------------------------------
They practically burst through the door of the hospital. They calmly walked toward the front desk.

"Hello, ma'am, I would like the office for Doctor-what is, Looper?"

"No, I think it's Lucer."

"That's right! We need the office of Doctor Lucer, please."

"Ok, I'll tell him of your arrival. First floor, room 042."

"Thank you."

He shook the lady's hand before gathering up his end of Tyler and bolting like madmen with his sister toward the assigned room. Dragon calmly knocked on the door, but zipped inside when it opened.

"Pete. Drag-"

"Tyler won't wake up!"

"Oh my-"
---------------------------------------------------
Pete and Dragon couldn't sit still with out knowledge of Tyler's condition. Pete comforted his shaking sister, but he was shaking himself. Their ears perked to the sound of the door opening. A nurse poked his head out and waved for the siblings to follow him. They leaped from the chairs and into the room, the sight of Tyler scaring them more than the thought of mortality had in the first place.

He was laying still, bandage around his shirtless chest. His eyes were closed, but he was breathing ever so slightly. The monitor beeped with the sound of Tyler's beating heart.

"I-is...is he..."

"He is alive, luckily. But had you brought him any later, he wouldn't be. We operated on him, stabilizing him enough to assure his survival for a little while. I only hop-"

"W-where....where are they?"

"Who said that?"

"W-w-where are they?"

Heads turned to see Tyler's blue eyes flutter open, but not all the way. He panted evenly and barely moved. The doctor moved toward his bedside.

"Where are who, Tyler?"

"My...my pets. D-Dragon and Pete. I need...I need to tell them....something."

Pete an Dragon slowly walked over to his bedside. They both grasped his hand, looking down at him.

"We're right here, Tyler."

"Yeah. What is it?"

"Check....my pockets."

Dragon dug into his pockets and curled his fingers around two warm pieces of metal. He pulled his hand out and opened it, the siblings staring at two tags. One was a green dragon and the other a blue-feathered gryphon. They looked at the tags then at Tyler, tears in their eyes.

"You got us tags?"

"Of...course I...did. You're my...my best friends."

They both were getting choked up.

"You're ours too, Ty."

"Now...I want you two to...do something."

"Anything, Tyler."

"Keep the...house clean, ok?"

"Yes sir."

"Thanks. I'll...I'll talk to you guys later."

"W-what? Tyler you can't just-"

Tyler reached over with new-found strength, holding both Dragon and Pete's paws in his hands. He took the tags and hung them from their respective collars. He smiled up at both of them and shook their paws.

"I'll be back, I promise."

Tyler's blue eyes sparkled with the truth before they rolled to the back of his head and he collapsed back into the bed. Both pets squeezed his hand one more time before the doctors blocked and crowded him. They checked over him, fearing the worse.

"We're losing him!"

Tyler's heartbeat had indeed dropped rapidly after the wolf-foxes had let go of his hand. Dragon and Pete noticed and quickly pushed the doctors out of the way on either side of the bed.

"What are you crazy-"

"SHUT UP!"

Everyone zipped it and backed up as the pets walked closer to Tyler. They took both of his hands into their paws and put a paw on his shoulder. The line and noise of the machine sped up to an even heartbeat, causing jaws to drop and eyes to go wide.

"But..."

"I don't care how long it takes, make this man well again!"

Tyler opened one eye lazily.

"Thank you, pets."

His eye closed. A doctor walked up and checked him, sighing and looking at the siblings.

"He's in a coma. And I can't tell you when he's coming out."
My characters!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Awww. This is such a sad chapter! I hope he makes it!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

The end part was a Family Guy reference, minus the coma part. It just made sense when I started.
My characters!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

How old is Tyler anyway? 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 40?
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Tyler was originally a teenager that lived on his own. But I made him an adult instead so that the plot was easier to write. He's actually 27 years old. The disease ran in his family many years ago, but it spotted when mordern medicine was invented and the disease cured and forgotten entirely. Tyler had somehow triggered the disease, putting him in a coma. Since the disease was forgotten years ago, no one knows what to do to save him.
Last edited by Mickey on Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My characters!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Bah. Much too old to hit him in the face with a pie then. X)
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

No, you still can. Just not banana, he's allergic.
My characters!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Meh, I was hoping he could be younger. It only works if they look younger at least to me.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Chapter 6: Our Second Chance
-----------------------------------------------------
Pete and Dragon were forced to go home, the doctors saying they could come back tomorrow morning. Pete pulled his key from his collar and unlocked the door. They sat down on the couch, shaken but calm. They looked at their tags, sighed, and began to clean up the house until it shined. They made sure not a thing was out of place in Tyler's room, fixing his pillows and sheets. They only came out of the house to visit Tyler, any other time they were inside and cleaning. Ralph was starting to fear for his girlfriend and turned to the only pet he knew could help.
-----------------------------------------------------
"Officer Fido!"

The officer in question turned around to greet his superior with a salute.

"Yes sir?"

"Your girlfriend, the black cat."

"What about her, sir?"

"She has weird physic abilities, right?"

"Not by much anymore, sir. But she still does."

Ralph let out a silent, "Yes.", before looking at Fido again.

"Look, I'm really concerned about Dragon. She and her brother only leave the house once a day and they don't even talk with anyone when they do leave. I swear I saw her eyes were grey instead of green. I'm getting...scared, Fido."

Fido looked shocked at Ralph admitting he was scared, but he shook it off and nodded.

"I'll alert Sabrina immediately."
-----------------------------------------------
Pete had walked out to take the garbage to the can, when footsteps picked up in his ears. His head turned to see Bino, Fox, and Rex walking over to him. Bino had a slimy and snooty look on his face.

"Hey, Cat-Eyes! Where ya been?"

Pete merely looked at the shorter dog. His eyes weren't even bright yellow anymore. They were probably a dull mustard color. Pete blinked and put the trash out before walking away.

"Hey! I'm talking to you!"

Pete's swishing tail was his only answer. Bino growled and began to follow after Pete, but Fox grabbed his shoulder.

"Bino, leave him alone."

"Get off of me!"

Bino shrugged his paw off and jabbed Pete in the back with his finger.

"When I'm talking, you listen! You're a member of the Good Ol' Dogs Club and I'm the head director, therefore you do what I say, when I say it!"

A low growl emitted from Pete's throat, though he didn't turn to look at Bino. Bino flinched but regained his composer.

"Who do you think you're growling at? I'm Bino Byron, you superior! Now, I want you, your sister, and that owner of yours to go clean up the club-"

Pete snarled under the breath and turned around, looking Bino straight in eye. Bino faltered and gulped under the stare. His eyes were bright yellow once more, but only got the purpose that they were gleaming with extreme rage.

"Listen, Bino. You have never lost someone whom had taken care of you. You have two brothers who care for you, but you don't care for them. Even Maxwell cares for you even though he doesn't show it all the time! The only person I can think of that doesn't care for you is that cocky Cocker Spaniel girlfriend of yours, Duchess!"

"Don't you dare-"

"Are you interrupting me?"

Bino hushed immediately. Everyone had stopped what were doing what was happening. Even Max and some orange cat were watching.

"That's what I thought! Tyler was not only my owner, he was my dad and best friend! But now, that man is in a coma! You don't know that feels like! You are just a pompous, pathetic, paranoid, puppy pushover!"

"OOOOH!!!," rose up from the watching crowd. Bino huffed and growled, stomping off.

"Whatever, I'm gonna go make a snowdog."

Pete's eyes became dull yellow again before he sighed and walked back into the house. Dragon had just finished choosing the kitchen and was no where to be seen.

"Dragon? Dragon, sis, where are you?"

The sound of footsteps picked up in his ears and he turned toward them. Dragon was holding their instruments, her green keytar and Pete's electric blue bass.

"Come on. Let's play."

"It's not the same without Tyler."

"Then let's play for Tyler."

Pete smiled for the first time in weeks and grabbed his guitar. They set up in the garage and Pete flipped the switch. The opening door caught the attention of some of the neighborhood. Even Max and some orange cat were watching. He sighed and turned to his sister.

"We got this, Pete. He said it takes three people, but we can sing Tyler's parts together."

Pete nodded and the two began to play Devil's Train. Dragon sighed and began to sing, while Pete fitted a black and dark blue conductor's cap over his eyes and leaned on the wall. (Tyler was the Grandfather and the dad, Dragon is the kid, and Pete is the conductor for the Devil's Train. Also, I like to think Keene sometimes buys random things for the heck of it, such as a train and the tracks.)

[Lyrics are inappropriate for the forums]

After the song was over, the crowd clapped and Pete and Dragon bowed. The crowd disbanded and Pete and Dragon went back home.
-----------------------------------
The two were watching TV when a knock sounded from the door. They both rose from their spots and Pete opened the door. Sabrina, Fido, and Ralph all stood in the doorway.

"Hi! Would you mind coming to my house for a minute?"

"Why?"

"For a little chat."

The siblings shrugged and followed the cat and dogs toward Sabrina's house. Ralph held Dragon's paw, scared when she didn't react.
------------------------
Pete and Dragon sat on a couch while everyone else took a chair. Ralph smiled in Dragon's direction, but she still did nothing. Sabrina pulled a crystal ball from under the table.

"What are you? A psychic?"

"Technically, yes, Pete, but only by a small margin."

Sabrina waved her laws about the ball, bringing a picture into view. It was the Heavenly Staircase.

"Do you know this?"

The twins looked at it before shrugging.

"Sorry, but no. I've never seen that set of stairs before."

"Me either, sorry."

Sabrina sighed and changed the picture. It now showed demigod Pete and Dragon. The two looked at their tags, then Ay the picture.

"What about these two?:

"They look like our tags and that's about it."

Sabrina face-pawed and moved away from the ball.

"Ok. Ever heard of U&U?"

"Is it like that D&D game Joey and the neighbor dogs play?"

"Something like that. Last question. If I were top tell you both that you were former demigods that lived in Heaven itself and had me, Tarot, King, and Bailey playing in a giant game and you both lost, therefore making you the mortal beings you are now?"

Dragon and Pete stared at her wide eyed, before standing up and starting to back away. Ralph grabbed her paw, looking into her eyes.

"Dragon, I have something to tell you."

Sabrina lifted something to her ear, whispered into it and the twins and Ralph were suddenly beamed up and away. Fido watched, mouth opened and confused.

"What just happened?"

"Just a simple thing. Come on, you! I promised Joey we'd ask have a snowball fight with his friends."

Fido smiled and followed his girlfriend outside.
Last edited by Mickey on Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My characters!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Awwwww. They have to leave? That sucks. I wanted them to be around for Tyler.
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Still doing a great job :P
Feel free to call me Czu for short. The games on this forum are pretty neat.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Anyone noticing anything familiar?
My characters!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Chapter 7: Who are yo-wait WHAT?!
--------------------------------------------------
Dragon, Ralph, and Pete all screamed as they were suddenly transported to a clearing. Still screaming, Pete opened one eye and looked at the gleaming staircase before him. He nudged his sister and friend.

"Guys. Guys! Look!"

The two opened their eyes and gaped at the staircase. A three-headed, blue dog looked at them, all having different expressions. The trio of dogs blinked before turning to each other.

"Ok. Pete slap me, Ralph slap Pete, and I'll slap Ralph. Ready? Go."

The three headed dog walked over, picking up the three in it's paw. The flinched at the sight of it, and huddled together in fear. The dog reached it's other paw up and they shielded themselves, until they felt a soft pat on their heads.

"What?"

They looked up to see the heads smiling at them. They all shivered with fear, but became less tense than before. The Three-Headed dog cleared it's throat, er, throats. The head with the collar spoke.

"Hello! Our whole name is Cerberus, but specifically, you can call me Cerb."

The head with ear piercings perked up, smiling.

"You can call me CyCy!"

The head with the lip piercing looked at them.

"And you can call me Cyrus."

Cerberus turned, showing the three a golden staircase. Their jaws dropped and their eyes went wide. CyCY chuckled and stuck her tongue out.

"Surprised?"

"....Uh..."

It giggled and Cerberus began walking up the stairs. Ralph squeezed Dragon's paw and Dragon held Pete's paw.
-----------------------------------------
Cerberus set the trio down and smiled as they looked around. It was paradise! They continued gaping until they felt a soft nudge forward. They all looked up at Cerberus.

"Come on, you guys. We need to get to Kitsune."

"Kitsune? Whatever. Can't we hang around for a just a bit?"

Pete and Dragon gave puppy eyes and innocent smiles.

"Pleeeeeease?"

Ralph stepped in, hands on hips and a firm expression.

"I agree with...uh..."

"Cerberus."

"Yes, I agree with Miss Cerberus. We need to get out of here as fast as possible and return to Earth. So let's just go meet this Kitsune guy and do what have to do then leave and pretend it never happened. Plus, I left Officer Beauregard in charge because Officer Fido is off-duty today."

Ralph nodded and looked up at Dragon and her brother. Pete nudged her and they both smiled. Dragon looked down at Ralph, green eyes, large and watery. Her bottom lip quivered and she clasped her hands together in front of her chest.

"No."

She continued to make the face.

"I said no."

She touched his nose with hers, still making the face.

"The answer is no!"
--------------------------------------------
Ralph was laying in a hot-tub with his arm around Dragon, while Pete snacked on ice-cream and other treats.
"Now can we visit Kitsune? You've been lounging for nearly two weeks and-"

"TWO WEEKS?!?!"

The three dropped their bowling balls and took off their shirts, running up to Cerberus.

"Ok, let's go!"

Cerberus nodded and picked up the three, snapping her fingers. A portal appeared and she stepped through it, alarming the trio wehn they were transported into a dark room. They were set on the ground and huddled together.

"W-Where are we?"

"I don't know Pete."

An orb surrounded by a white flame and with a red rim appeared. The trio looked at it, confused, when others appeared. They looked the same as the first orb, the only difference being the rims, which were in rainbow order.

"Hello..."

Gasps were heard as a white fox with nine-tails appeared. It had a smug smile on it's face.

"Remember me?"
My characters!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really am enjoying where this is going! Great job on it!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

wonder what that old trickster has in store for them?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Chapter 8: Powers Aren't Worth It
Ralph immediately took a fighting stance in front of Dragon and Pete. Dragon grabbed the German Shepard by the ear and pulled him back with, "Really?", written all over her face. Pete held his arm out, backing them all up with him. The nine-tailed fox chuckled and tapped the ground with it's large paw. A wall appeared and began to push them toward it. They all cowered when it looked at them with its smug red eyes. Pete finally swallowed his fear and looked at it.

"W-who are you?"

The fox reeled back, seemingly offended.

"Who am I? Who am I? I am The Great Kitsune! I was the GM for The U&U game! I was your best friend, Pete. I am your boyfriend, Dragon."

"I think I would have remembered if my best was a giant nine-tailed fox. Plus my best friend is Tiger."

"And my boyfriend is Ralph. And how do you know our names?"

Dragon hugged Ralph, pulling him closer. Kitsune smiled and chuckled again.

"I know, I was just kidding, but you should remember me."

Pete walked back to his friend and family.

"Sorry, 'Kitsune', but we have no idea who you are!"

"We are normal wolf-foxes! We have been under Tyler's care for nearly a year, but he's been in a coma for nearly a third of it. We don't know who you are, how you know us, what we're doing here, when we're leaving, or why you insist we know you!"

Kitsune gave Dragon an indifferent look and then let out a low growl.

"Alright. How about now?"

Kitsune snapped and light enveloped Pete and Dragon. They were lifted off the ground and the began to glow until they were just white silhouettes. A loud *KA-RUM!* sounded and Ralph gasped.

Pete was a gryphon with blue feathers and Dragon was a green-scaled dragon. They both still had their collars on and looked themselves over, surprised.

"W-What have you done to us?!"

Kitsune blinked once before groaning and slapping a paw to his forehead. He snapped again and sparkles danced in front of the siblings eyes. They blinked and rubbed them.

"Kitsune? What are we doing here our time isn't up yet."

"Yeah, I know, but I'm cutting it short. You two have learned your lesson."

Kitsune smiled and waved his paw, the collars around their necks unlocking and swimming over to him. Pete and Dragon watched them float, before shrinking back to their mortal height in their land forms. Ralph ran over to Dragon, checking her over.

"D-Dragon?"

"This is me, sweetie."

Ralph hugged her and nuzzled her upper-stomach since he was now even shorter than her. She hugged him back and nuzzled the top of his head.

"As long as you know who I am."

Pete snapped again and again, changing the color of the room with every snap. He smiled that he had his powers back but then remembered something.

"What about Tyler?"

Kitsune smiled , but didn't let Pete see.

"What about him?"

"What's gonna happen to him?"

"He'll continue with his life, if he ever comes out of that coma of his. You'll never have to worry about him again and you can stay up here in Heaven with your powers and all."

Pete began to feel something in his gut. Was this...sympathy and guilt? He looked at himself and then his copper-colored collar. He looked at the tag the feeling got stronger. He looked at his sister and saw how happy she was to have her powers back. But then he thought back to Tyler.

"Can you heal Tyler?"

"Hm? Oh no! We can't interfere with mortal lives anymore. But here's a perk! When Tyler dies, he'll come up here and you can see him again!"

"When will that be?"

"I dunno. Fifty years maybe. He would probably come out of his coma, go home looking for his pets, finds they aren't there adn devotes his life to finding them until he dies of old age or gets hurt on his trek."

Pete grimaced and continued to stare at his collar. He grabbed Dragons hand and looked into her eyes.

"Dragon, should we stay in Heaven?"

"Why not?"

"Because we'll never see Tyler again and you'll never see Ralph again. They be on Earth until they die."

Dragon thought it over before turning to Kitsune, who was idly fixing the fur on his tails.

"Alright, Kitsune, what's your deal? You always have one."

Kitsune smiled and released the tail from his mouth. He chuckled and waved his paw, pulling to glowing balls from Pete and Dragon. He floating them to the other side of him, the other side holding the collars. He flared his tails so they formed a fan behind him. An orange flare appeared around him and a table appeared in front of him.

"You can either take your collars or your powers."

He held up one paw, gesturing to the orbs.

"Take your powers and you can live up here in Heaven and return to your lives right where you left off. You can do whatever you please, still under Heavenly Law of course. You would never have to worry about any other mortal again."

He held up his other paw, gesturing to the collars.

"Take your collars and you can return to Earth and continue your lives there. You can keep your memories of your mortal lives and never be burden with your Heavenly memories or lives ever again. You can stay with Tyler and be mortal until you die."

He set his paws down and looked down at them.

"The choice is yours."

Pete and Dragon looked at each other before nodding, locking hands, and reaching out toward their choice.
My characters!
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

o,o

Choices, choices... I think I can guess what they'll choose... >w<

Fantastic update Mickey!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

CHOOSE TYLER! The two of them are much more likable when they are mortals and really love Tyler!

Also, Tyler needs a pie in the face because its funny and he needs to laugh at himself.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I have doubts that shoving a pie in Tyler's face would do anything for his humor as he is currently still in a coma :P

I gotta admit, I was a little mad at Kitsune for bringing them out early, but I see what he's doing now, so all is forgiven :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well when he comes out of the coma then! I thought I added that...
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Chapter 9: Together
------------------------------
"We choose..."

"BOTH!"

Ralph jumped onto Kitsune's muzzle, distracting him while Pete and Dragon grabbed both their collars and powers. They clicked their collars on and restored their powers. Ralph jumped onto Dragons head and the two siblings bolted out a window. Kitsune growled as his eyes turned completely red. He let out a howl, causing red markings to appear on his fur and the orbs to gather in a flying circle around his waist. He stood on all fours and gave chase to the two.

Pete and Dragon flew as fast as they could toward the gate, even faster when they heard Kitsune howl.

"He's mad! WE MADE HIM MAD!"

"Just keep-AAH!"

Dragon ducked under the orb flying over her head. Kitsune barked and growled, alerting the trio.

"BOTH IS NOT AN OPTION!"

"We're dead. That the last of it. We're gonna die."

"Pete! The gate!"

Pete turned in air, slamming his back into the gate and busting it open. The two jumped down the stairs, being followed by Kitsune.

"YOU HAVE CHEATED!"

Pete and Dragon zipped through the forest, toward the hospital. They shrunk down to their mortal forms in midair, Dragon holding Ralph in her arms. Kitsune did the same, but he was still in his spiritual form. They cloaked themselves and burst through the hospital door, scaring the patrons when a strong wind sent them falling over.

Pete and Dragon flew up the stairs, dodging orbs. They spotted Tyler's room and skid to a halt, flying to either side of the hallway. Kitsune couldn't stop in time and crashed into a bedpan dolly. Pete and Dragon changed into their wolf-dog forms and Dragon set Ralph down.

"I've seen a lot, but that was something different."

Dragon kissed his forehead and they all walked into the room, where Tyler lay on his bed. He was still dressed in his copper colored shirt and blue jeans. His heart monitor made soft beeping noises every couple seconds. The nurse inside turned to look at them.

"I'm sorry, but you can't-HEY!"

Dragon picked up the nurse and set him in the closet, which she locked afterward. The siblings went to either side of the bed and took Tyler's hands into their own.

"Ready?"

"Yeah."

Pete and Dragon snapped with their other paws. They looked at Tyler, who hadn't moved. They snapped again and again, but Tyler stayed put.

"T-Tyler..."

"Tyler, come on."

Dragon lightly shakes his shoulders, but he has no reaction. The siblings both let out a sob, grabbing the man and hugging him.

"Why won't it work?"

They turned and see a somewhat clean Kitsune in the doorway. He is smirking and slowly-fading out of his spiritual form. He sighs and walks over, looking down at Tyler.

"You really care about him, don't you?"

"He's taken care of us for nearly a year now, but he's been in this coma for most of it."

Pete and Dragon looked down at him and hugged him tightly. Kitsune rubbed the back of his neck before touching their shoulders.

"Look guys, I'll make you that deal again."

Kitsune snapped and his room appeared again along with Pete and Dragon's options.

"You have the same choices as before. But if you attempt to choose both again...

He howled and became his spiritual form again. He glared down at the siblings.

"I WILL HAVE YOUR HEAVENLY POWERS REVOKED FOR ALL OF TIME! YOU WILL LEFT TO FLOAT ENDLESSLY AND AIMLESSLY IN THE END OF SPACE AND TIME! AS THE SPIRIT OF BALANCE AND CHOICE, I MUST MAINTAIN BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!"

Pete and Dragon gulped and nodded before reaching out and began to their collars when they pulled back.

"Can we at least have to option to switch between our mortal wolf-fox form and our mortal Heavenly forms?"

"But that will be the ONLY power we have."

Kitsune thought it over then nodded. The siblings smiled and grabbed their collars. Kitsune snapped and a bright light flashed.

"The only Heavenly memory you will retain is the one from today."
------------------------------------
Pete and Dragon woke up with a start in the chairs by Tyler's bed. They got up and looked over the man, who was breathing ever so slightly. The siblings went from wolf-fox to dragon and gryphon, still looking over the man. Ralph hugged Dragon and looked down at him as well. They all hung their heads.

"I miss him..."

"Either I'm still eating ice cream in Heaven, or my pets have become the keepers of Greed and Magic."

Heads snapped up to see Tyler, blue eyes sparkling with tears.

"TYLER!"

The two latched onto him in a tackle-hug. They nuzzled him as tears poured from their eyes. He nuzzled them back, before carefully standing up and failing to balance. Pete and Dragon shrunk down to wolf-foxes, catching him on their shoulders. Ralph watched as they carefully helped him stand again.

"Sorry. My legs are asleep after nearly months of being completely still. I think I got this!"

Tyler took one step and immediately tripped, but Ralph caught him. The German Shepard helped him onto his feet again.

"Are you alright Herr Tyler?"

"I'm fine, just need a few seconds."

Tyler carefully began to walk around, one small step at a time. Soon enough, he started to run around before tackle-hugging Pete and Dragon. They fell to the ground only because he had surprised them. A doctor walked in and gasped at Tyler.

"Y-You're alive? That's a completely and utter miracle! That disease of yours looked like it was going to put you in a coma forever! You must allow yourself to share this with the world! You yourself are a walking stepping-stone of the medical industry! I hope you don't mind being monitored and studied, but it is for the greater good of man-"

Tyler walked over and punched the doctor as hard as possible across the face. The medic fell unconscious to the ground and the group of four stepped over him and out the door. Doctors and nurses gaped at him, but he continued walking with swagger.

They walked out of the hospital, gathered on the vespa, and drove home.

"Did someone new move in?"

"I think some half-Italian named Topher. He has three pets."
My characters!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really do like how this chapter has come out! Moral of the story: don't **** off Kitsune.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Cool story. With his fair mild-mannered nature, you never really see Kitsune enraged (we've seen everyone else's ominous omnipotent rage flare, even the Bahamut when scolding King)... But you can imagine that it isn't a good day for anyone when he goes red.