HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU:Applegate

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hearing the ghost's voice again, Lilly sniffs in his direction.
"I smell candy. Miles, did you scare Lyn again?" she queries as the cat screams. Realising that there's a canine scent near her, stronger than any she's smelled before, and hearing the new voice, Lilly turns to the newcomer, about to greet him and introduce herself, but the words die in her throat as he mentions his wolfish nature.
"Lupine? Y-you mean you're a wolf? I've never met a wolf before..." she reaches out a paw in what she assumes is the direction of the newcomer's head, but stops herself mid-air.
"Er... May I? I find a face can tell me a lot about a person. I'm Lilly Hughes by the way. I'm new here. So are most of us. I take it you're new too?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

The Moon Howler wrote:"I am sorry, but are ye alright back there? Did I scare ya?" he called towards the pet that hid itself, then looked at the human woman "You're not used to have lupines around, I take it?"
"Not really, but I'm pretty sure poor Lyn here just had a wolf related scare," Nettie replied. "So he's a little on edge right now."
"Yeah, you happened to catch him at a bad time," Tara added.
hypernovatic wrote:Lyn, still shaking, nervously looked from Mickey's paw to her face, then peeked his head around the bookshelf and stared at the wolf. He turned back to Mickey and sighed. "O-okay, I-I believe y-you..." he said, taking Mickey's paw.
you don't have to be worried, Tara thought to Lyn. This guy looks like a more civilize wolf, probably an exotic pet. He isn't going to hurt you.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Not really, but I'm pretty sure poor Lyn here just had a wolf related scare," Nettie replied. "So he's a little on edge right now."
"Yeah, you happened to catch him at a bad time," Tara added.
"Well, I didn't mean to scare the little guy." Martin said, his ears falling down.
Hlaoroo wrote:Hearing the ghost's voice again, Lilly sniffs in his direction.
"I smell candy. Miles, did you scare Lyn again?" she queries as the cat screams. Realising that there's a canine scent near her, stronger than any she's smelled before, and hearing the new voice, Lilly turns to the newcomer, about to greet him and introduce herself, but the words die in her throat as he mentions his wolfish nature.
"Lupine? Y-you mean you're a wolf? I've never met a wolf before..." she reaches out a paw in what she assumes is the direction of the newcomer's head, but stops herself mid-air.
"Er... May I? I find a face can tell me a lot about a person. I'm Lilly Hughes by the way. I'm new here. So are most of us. I take it you're new too?"
Martin seemed a bit surprised. "Well, Lilly Hughes, my name is Martin and I am indeed of lupine heritage, but not exactly a pure-blooded wolf. And yes, I've just arrived." he said, kneeling down "But if that's what it takes to calm ye guys down - please, go on. Just don't touch the eye-patch."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena sighs and reaches up to stop Lilly from reaching for the new pet, stopping herself from interfering when she recognizes why the ferret's doing so. "... Don't mislead everyone just 'cause you've wolf in your bloodline," the shiba inu says somewhat bitterly, lowering her paw back to her side. "Ah'll wait over on the stairs to the back-space." Without another word, the small dog makes her way over to said staircase to sit and do exactly as stated. Wait.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

O-okay... Lyn thought back to Tara. He slowly stood up and walked back towards the group. "S-sorry about t-that. I kind of o-overreacted." he told Martin.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ray is somewhat puzzled by the small dog's reaction to the wolf and determines to find out more. Quietly, he follows the dog to the steps at a respectable distance, and sits down near her but not too close. Rather than launching straight into a query though, he merely reclines slightly on the step behind him, observing the happenings in the shop in silence, content for now to see if Rena will speak first.

Down on the shop floor, Lilly nods in understanding.
"Avoid the eye patch. I'll try. I'm sorry to hear you got hurt. You can just call me Lilly, by the way. No need for the formality of surnames." The ferret uses a more targeted form of her psychic echolocation to ping a thought off just Martin's brain, desiring to determine which eye to avoid. Reaching out to his face again she first touches lightly the tip of his cold nose and she allows her paw to slide smoothly up and over the left side of the Martin's face. She stops as a claw touches the strap of the patch as it passes by the ear and she runs her paw down the centre of the wolf-hybrid's snout and then up the right side of his face, carefully avoiding straying too near the eye but finding with ease the scarring on his ear and elsewhere on his visage. She's surprised at what she felt, and also confused for this is one creature whose face she struggles to read and not just because of the scarring. He's one, she can tell, that's accustomed to maintaining an impenetrable façade and to focusing all his attention on things but more than that she can't say. Still, his friendly manner makes her inclined to feel that he's one to be trusted.
"Thank you. I won't pry but I think you're quite strong to have come through whatever gave you those scars. I feel you're trustworthy too, although I couldn't quite say why. Your face is not one that's easily read, even to those who have sight, I think... I'm blind, just by the way. I probably should have said that earlier, sorry. Might have made that seem less weird for you."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The shiba inu turns her head slightly and sniffs. "... Ray, right?" she asks, eyes going back down as she sits on a step herself. "Not to be mean or pushy or nothin', but if you follow an upset girl the first thing you're supposed to do is ask 'what's wrong.' That or all them books are lyin' to me."
Love me right now! Done.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Sometimes silence works to love. But I mean really. Give a guy a second to walk in! Miles thought to Rena. Completely dodging her earlier question.

It's candy all right, and I've got loads. And no, not me this time. Miles thought to Lily.

"Ah yeah, it was a great time! Just like any festival. Drinks, food, allowed to scare without worry, heh," Miles said to Serenade.

I'm sure you can see it too and may not need to be said, but let's just say it so your "other" can hear. Not a WORD about his eye. Yikes, poor guy. Miles thought to Serenade, and hopefully her companion.
The Moon Howler

Hlaoroo wrote:Down on the shop floor, Lilly nods in understanding.
"Avoid the eye patch. I'll try. I'm sorry to hear you got hurt. You can just call me Lilly, by the way. No need for the formality of surnames." The ferret uses a more targeted form of her psychic echolocation to ping a thought off just Martin's brain, desiring to determine which eye to avoid. Reaching out to his face again she first touches lightly the tip of his cold nose and she allows her paw to slide smoothly up and over the left side of the Martin's face. She stops as a claw touches the strap of the patch as it passes by the ear and she runs her paw down the centre of the wolf-hybrid's snout and then up the right side of his face, carefully avoiding straying too near the eye but finding with ease the scarring on his ear and elsewhere on his visage. She's surprised at what she felt, and also confused for this is one creature whose face she struggles to read and not just because of the scarring. He's one, she can tell, that's accustomed to maintaining an impenetrable façade and to focusing all his attention on things but more than that she can't say. Still, his friendly manner makes her inclined to feel that he's one to be trusted.
"Thank you. I won't pry but I think you're quite strong to have come through whatever gave you those scars. I feel you're trustworthy too, although I couldn't quite say why. Your face is not one that's easily read, even to those who have sight, I think... I'm blind, just by the way. I probably should have said that earlier, sorry. Might have made that seem less weird for you."
"I figured that out the moment you asked me." Martin said "And I have my reasons to hide what I am hiding, but don't let that worry you."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey walks up next, extending her paw with a smile. She nervously tugs at her handkerchief, but the emotion isn't shown on her face.

"Howdy, fella! I be Mickey! What's yer name?"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

xhunterko wrote:Sometimes silence works to love. But I mean really. Give a guy a second to walk in! Miles thought to Rena. Completely dodging her earlier question.

It's candy all right, and I've got loads. And no, not me this time. Miles thought to Lily.

"Ah yeah, it was a great time! Just like any festival. Drinks, food, allowed to scare without worry, heh," Miles said to Serenade.

I'm sure you can see it too and may not need to be said, but let's just say it so your "other" can hear. Not a WORD about his eye. Yikes, poor guy. Miles thought to Serenade, and hopefully her companion.
oh , right ! thanks for the reminder Serenade thought back to Miles , while looking at the newcomer......though.....something seemed off about that hidden eye , she thought to herself , it's not that it's hidden away , it's....something else....
Meanwhile , there was still no apparent respond from Serenade's "mysterious spirit"
The Moon Howler

"Please, excuse me." Martin said to Lilly and moved back a bit, turning to the female cat that came to him.
Mickey wrote:Mickey walks up next, extending her paw with a smile. She nervously tugs at her handkerchief, but the emotion isn't shown on her face.

"Howdy, fella! I be Mickey! What's yer name?"
"Hello, Mickey! My name is Martin." the half-wolf said "And please, it's not healthy to hide the fear. You might not look like you're scared, but you sure smell of worry and unease." he gave her his best reassuring smile "Rest assured, I seek not to harm anyone, not would I ever do so. I merely want to know this town a bit better. It's inhabitants included."

My RP Characters
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Do you want me to ask what's wrong? The way I see it, prying is rude and I know that trying to force anything out of you would be futile anyway. I'm content just to sit and if there's something you want to get off your chest then I'm happy to listen and perhaps offer some insight if that's what you want. It's up to you though. Like I said, I won't force you." smiles Ray.

"Heh. I won't. Like I said, I feel you're trustworthy. I have a knack for knowing that sort of thing." Lily grins before courteously allowing the wolf-dog to take his leave. She takes the opportunity to reply to Miles.
I gather it was Martin this time and not you. How can you be carrying candy though? No offence but I thought ghosts weren't spposed to be able to touch things in our world.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"S-sorry about screaming and r-running away. M-my name's L-Lyn." Lyn apologized to Martin, extending his paw out nervously. He was still shaking and he kept watching Martin as if he might jump him.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Well, they are fortunately, NOT of this world. So no penalty. Miles thought to Lily.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Hlaoroo wrote:Lilly shifts her footpaw until she finds the book and then retrieves the tome, stowing it safely back in her satchel.
"Sure! I'd be glad to! I can show you on my Braille typewriter. It's set out just like any other QWERTY keyboard so that should help you learn. Braille in its basic form is - I don't know if you know anything about cryptography - but it's a simple substitution cipher so it's not hard to learn. Essentially you have one pattern of dots for every letter of the alphabet and one for each digit and one for each common punctuation sign. Once you master that though, there's all kinds of fun contractions and abbreviations to learn. We'll have to get you a blindfold too so you can learn to read it properly by feel and not just by sight. By the way, if you need to pass something to me, just tap it on my paw and I'll know where you are to grab it. No need for either of us to scrabble in the dirt." smiles the ferret. "Er... You do read the normal English alphabet, don't you? Because that would make it easier to learn Braille. Although it's definitely possible without knowing how to read English - I did it, after all, and so does everyone else who's blind."

Ray tries to be discreet about removing a small wad of cash from the pocket in his collar. He peels off a tenner and passes it to Nettie, slotting the other notes back into place by his neck.
"Er, keep the change as a little thank you for putting up with all of us." he suggests before turning to the Shiba Inu.
"Sorry, Rena, I couldn't help but overhear. Do you mean to imply that you stitched up Duke's leg? That's pretty incredible! Where'd you learn to do that?
"Yes, I do read the normal English alphabet lilly, so I guess it will be easier"
Draco saw the wolf walk in, he let the others lead the conversation, he felt a little intimidated, he never met a wolf before. When he got a moment he chimed in "um, hi there. I am Draco" he wagged his tail and smiled and let the conversation move on.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey's eyes went a bit wide at being read like that, but figured it was her pulling on her handkerchief that gave it away.

"Guess Ah'm one clear kitten, huh? Sorry 'bout being nervous. Ah bet yer a really nice fella, Martin!"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

The van had pulled up to the new house earlier that morning, and Duster had been doing the majority of coordinating the movers while Cassie had waited on the porch listening to music. In all honesty it had been rather boring, which was why Buster was currently sprawled across Cassie's lap enjoying the comfort of just being able to laze around.

Woken from her nap around what looked to be probably close to lunch time, by the sound of an engine starting, she stretched and looked around. Duster was walking over, and the movers were in their truck starting to pull out.

"We've finished arranging things, mom. Would you like me to guide you around?" Duster asked plainly, the lab standing at attention waiting for instructions. A subtle Glance at Buster, reminding her that she had to get up.

Fine... she thought to herself, moving from her comfy spot.

"Yes, thank you Duster." Their owner answered reaching out and grabbing on to the handle on the lab's harness. "are you coming too?" she asked, turning to her other pet.

"Nah," she responded with a half yawned word. "I kinda want to look around. See if there are any other cats."

"Alright, Have fun."

Bounding over the porch's rails rather than go around, Buster offered a shouted "Bye!" before she was out of the yard. Heading down the alley next to their house, she headed for the main street. If anyone was about that was a reasonable place to start looking. Sure enough, she noticed a cluster of recent scents coming from nearby and followed them to a shop surprisingly close to home. Spotting other pets inside, she poked her head inside and offered a simple "Hello?"
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Well, ain't that something? Two new pets!"

Mickey waved to the cat in the door, a smile on her face.

"Come on in, sugarcube! We ain't gonna bite!"

Mickey looked at her friends.

"Right?"
My characters!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Walking the rest of the way in the door, she waved back to the calico.

"Hi, I'm Buster. We just moved in." She said with a smile, though her face showing a bit of confusion. "And how did you know there were two of us? Duster stayed back at the house..."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Hm? Oh! No, that's not what Ah meant! Ah was referring to Martin over here. He showed up just today too. And who's Duster? They yer sibling?"

Mickey pulls on her handkerchief, but just out of it being to tight for a second. After anther few seconds of pulling, it becomes nervousness.
My characters!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Well, he calls Momma, mom so, sort of? He's Momma's guide dog." She explains trying to think of words she can use to describe him other than 'huge', before getting distracted by the other cat's odd behavior. "Are you okay?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster wrote:Walking the rest of the way in the door, she waved back to the calico.

"Hi, I'm Buster. We just moved in." She said with a smile, though her face showing a bit of confusion. "And how did you know there were two of us? Duster stayed back at the house..."
"Buster, huh?" Tara said while moving to look at the new cat. "You're the second one in the neighborhood, then. the other one's a rabbit so it shouldn't be too confusing."

She then realized she'd never introduced herself to Martin, so she did so now. "I'm Tara, by the way. Nice to meet both of you."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn's attention moved over to Buster. "Hi. M-my name is L-Lyn." he said, still stuttering a bit.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey forces her hand away from her neck.

"Just a little tight around mah neck is all."

"At least it's not a total lie," she thought, nervous that her nervous tick had been found out.
My characters!
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena turns her head back around to look at Ray, though her eyes don't really focus on him that well, seeming instead to blankly stare at him. <He's not a wolf. Barely smells like he could pass the part. Ah might not know whatever fancy language that is, but ah know what 'lupine' means.> Rena thinks to Miles as she regards the living cat beside her.

"... Smart," she comments, turning her gaze back down across the stairs. "Ah'm just... not good with bein' crowded. I'll be okay." <Ah doubt he's a farm dog, making a claim like that.> She adds to her thoughts to Miles.
Love me right now! Done.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Buster seems about to reply until she notices Tara's more ghostly characteristics, and immediately becomes a wide-eyed fluff ball slowly backing towards the door.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"what's wr..." Tara begins to ask before noticing she's floating and translucent. "*sigh* I should just stop trying to pass for alive, I can't pull it off. Don't worry, I'm friendly."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

She seems to calm a little but sounds like she's mumbling to herself though about what is unclear. Squeezing her eyes shut and shaking her head a bit, she manages to un-fluff the rest of the way, though her tail is twitching a little.

She seems to be looking around at the others now as if asking for conformation that the ghost in the group is actually real, though her gaze keeps drifting back to Tara, A bit of curiosity mixed in with the confusion and now fading fear.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"yes, they can see me too," Tara assured her. "Right, guys?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Hm? Oh, yeah. Tara's a friendly ghost. There's nothing to be afraid of." Lyn reassured Buster.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Lilly can't argue that point and she tells Miles this, trying not to giggle aloud.
How many worlds are there then? Can living creatures access them? she wonders at the ghost before sniffing in the direction of the new pet.
"Hi, Buster. I'm Lilly. It's a pleasure. Guide dog, huh? I never got a guide pet.I always liked my independence though. What manner of creature are you, may I ask?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"yes, they can see me too," Tara assured her. "Right, guys?"
"I can't." Lilly deadpans. "Lyn's right though. She's nice, really."

~~!!~~!!~~
Leafolawl wrote:"... Smart," she comments, turning her gaze back down across the stairs. "Ah'm just... not good with bein' crowded. I'll be okay."
Ray nods. "I get that. Not everyone is suited to big groups. No shame in that." The cat allows the tip of his tail to flick contentedly, dusting a small section of step.
"Do you like music, Rena?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

poor guy , he's still shaken from Miles' lesson Serenade thought to herself , hanging back away from the crowd , observing the new pets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles bounded through pets and shelves to get face first with Buster.

"Oh hey! New face, name's Miles. Don't worry about me unless you intend to cause trouble. I'm mostly friendly. Also, hello Martin, was watching you earlier before saying hi," Miles said to the new cat, with a slight wink at Lyn.

You should see what I see. But he did say he wasn't technically full blooded wolf. Miles thought to Rena.

Oh plenty. This one though I was told was by invitation only. So I'm sure other can visit them. Miles thought to Lily.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey was surprised to see this new ghost, but she didn't say anything about him. She removed her handkerchief and tied it around Lyn's neck.

"Just in case."
My characters!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"yes, they can see me too," Tara assured her. "Right, guys?"
hypernovatic wrote:"Hm? Oh, yeah. Tara's a friendly ghost. There's nothing to be afraid of." Lyn reassured Buster.
Hlaoroo wrote:"Hi, Buster. I'm Lilly. It's a pleasure. Guide dog, huh? I never got a guide pet.I always liked my independence though. What manner of creature are you, may I ask?"
"I can't."
Lilly deadpans. "Lyn's right though. She's nice, really."
"okay... Sorry it's just a bit of a- REEEEEHWRR!!!" she managed to get half way through a sentence before Miles abrupt charge through seemingly solid objects and beings sent her right back into fluff-ball mode.
"Don't DO that!" She shouts, interrupting him, eyes shut trying to calm herself down again.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Draco nodded his head "Yes Tara, I can see you. I don't know why I am being rather calm, you're the second ghost I have ever met."
Buster wrote:The van had pulled up to the new house earlier that morning, and Duster had been doing the majority of coordinating the movers while Cassie had waited on the porch listening to music. In all honesty it had been rather boring, which was why Buster was currently sprawled across Cassie's lap enjoying the comfort of just being able to laze around.

Woken from her nap around what looked to be probably close to lunch time, by the sound of an engine starting, she stretched and looked around. Duster was walking over, and the movers were in their truck starting to pull out.

"We've finished arranging things, mom. Would you like me to guide you around?" Duster asked plainly, the lab standing at attention waiting for instructions. A subtle Glance at Buster, reminding her that she had to get up.

Fine... she thought to herself, moving from her comfy spot.

"Yes, thank you Duster." Their owner answered reaching out and grabbing on to the handle on the lab's harness. "are you coming too?" she asked, turning to her other pet.

"Nah," she responded with a half yawned word. "I kinda want to look around. See if there are any other cats."

"Alright, Have fun."

Bounding over the porch's rails rather than go around, Buster offered a shouted "Bye!" before she was out of the yard. Heading down the alley next to their house, she headed for the main street. If anyone was about that was a reasonable place to start looking. Sure enough, she noticed a cluster of recent scents coming from nearby and followed them to a shop surprisingly close to home. Spotting other pets inside, she poked her head inside and offered a simple "Hello?"
"Hello!" Draco wagged his tail "I'm draco"
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"Ah can handle groups, my issue is being surrounded by those ah'm not familiar with," Rena clarified while her eyes narrowed slightly. "As for music, ah don't... Ah dunno. Ah guess ah just ain't thought about it much."

<Ah thought I said before. Ah can barely see.> Rena responded to Miles, giving a very soft huff.
Love me right now! Done.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn shivered when Miles winked at him, unsure of what might happen. He smiled and placed his paw on Mickey's handkerchief when she put it around his neck. "Thanks. I appreci-" he tried saying before Buster screamed. His eyes widened and his fur stood on end as he jumped and dashed behind Mickey, not sure of what was going on.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey was the third cat to have their fur on end. She wrapped her arms around Lyn, shaking and looking around frantically. When she realized it was Buster that screamed, her fur went back down and she no longer looked like she had just been blow-dried.

"S-Sorry, Lyn. Kinda don't like loud noise. The sudden kind anyhow."
My characters!