My Upcoming Webcomic: GrimmSouls

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: My Upcoming Webcomic: GrimmSouls

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That's why we use snow blowers when it gets like that over here. xD
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

UPDATE

Well, I haven't found time to work on the script yet due to personal issues going on here but I do have a few announcements. Firstly, I'm changing the order of the story arcs: Now the first and second arc will be a two-part arc because of the fact that the first arc was just a look into the world of GrimmSouls and what the reapers do and that isn't much of a story so I'm making the second arc (Prelude Of A Storm) to be a Part 2 of the first arc (It's now called Reapers Shadow Part 2: Prelude Of A Storm). So, technically, GrimmSouls will now be a 11-Story Arc comic. Secondly, I decided not to do the whole GrimmWorld Tales until AFTER I completed GrimmSouls (which I am going to try to get done before the of December 2015) and instead have those as brand new side-comic.

Now, last night, I did do some work...but it wasn't on GrimmSouls. See, I'm one who likes to plan stuff in advance (and I mean advance) and set a time frame for when I should work on the project. I dunno why, but it helps a bit and keeps me sane, along with giving me stuff to do aside from gaming and watching Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Reason I bring this up is because, well, I have planned out my future web-comics after GrimmSouls :oops: See, GrimmSouls is what I consider to be in Book 1 of my "Wolf Comic Universe" (Don't ask about the name) and I got the names and some ideas down for future comics after I'm "done" with GrimmSouls. I'll post them here, but they include: FurWar, Nightmarematronic, My own re-imagining of Road Rovers, and Darkness Before Salvation. I won't talk about these until I'm 90% "done" with GrimmSouls, but like I said earlier, planning comics in advance helps with both keeping me sane and keeping me busy :)

So yeah, it's just a minor update, but like I said, personal issues been getting in the way (Nothing serious, just a very small amount of stress at times) and since I've been DJing more and RPing more in Second Life (with the latter helping me greatly in making story lines), I just haven't found the time to work on the comic. It will still come out, it's one promise I intend to keep! But there is some good news! I finally got a scanner (Well a printer combo but hey, it's something!) so I can get High-Quality pics now! Just need to find a place for it in my room....
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just do whatever you need to do. We can occupy airtime in other ways whilst waiting. :)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

SCRIPT WRITING FOR THE FIRST ARC HAS BEGUN!

Yep I finally decided to work on the script for the first arc! It took a while to get to this point but I am finally ready to type up the script. I'm saving the drawing for last cause that'll be the hardest for me to do. It's been a long time coming, but I can safely say: GrimmSouls is on track for release! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

How long until you think the first one will be released then?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:How long until you think the first one will be released then?
Earliest? Later This Month...Latest? Late Match. Once I'm done scripting, I'll need to proof-read it to make sure it's the way I want it. Also, I still need to get back into drawing and hook up the scanner.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sounds like it is shaping up to be a nice comic! I can't wait for it to be released!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

WORK HAS STARTED!!!

As you can see, I have officially started scripting the outline for the first arc! Yes I hid some of the stuff (Need to keep a few things a surprise) but what you are looking at is just part of the script. I'm not showing the rest cause, once again, need to keep some things a surprise...and also it's dialogue heavy and worded weird on the document so Yeah... :roll: This is just a Cliff-Note Version of the actual script: How I'm going to do it is once I finish this script, I'll flesh things out in another document then start the drawing and add/remove/trim/tweak/fart(just kidding) scenes as need be. But yeah, comic is FINALLY shaping up to be something awesome, hopefully!

*Note: The fancy font you see? It's called Deutsch Gothic, in case you are interested.
Attachments
Sneak peek 1.png
Sneak peek 1.png (111.62 KiB) Viewed 26996 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Ooooh! It really looks good! Keep working on it!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Ooooh! It really looks good! Keep working on it!
Thanks for the encouragement! Little bit of trivia: The cities name, Pavilton, is actually somewhat named about the brand of PC I have (A HP Pavilion. I just took the word "Pavil" from "Pavilion" and added "-ton" to the end). The script for the first arc won't be so long cause it'll mainly introduce the reader to the world of GrimmSouls...it's when I start working on the second part of the first arc (Reaper's Shadow Part 2) is when the story begins :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well like I said before, take all the time you need. The wait is gonna be worth it!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Well like I said before, take all the time you need. The wait is gonna be worth it!
THanks again! And D'OH :shock: I just realized...I misspelled Pocky as Pokey in the script! :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Script writing is going good! I'm only having some problems with dialogues but that can be fixed easily. Going to see if I can get this script done by the end of the month (I don't work on Fridays or Sundays due to me being busy those days), but at this rate, it'll be done soon. Once I'm done with that, it's on to the drawing. BTW, you guys will love the back story I wrote for the one member of the Mythic Council, Rick Gryphon ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure that we will like it! Sounds like its coming out good!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

The script is half-way done! Just need to do a few more scenes then it's on to some research. Yeah even though the comic isn't a realistic comic, I do want some realism in a few things, mainly in police, SWAT, firefighter, and News Broadcasters work and behave and how weapons operate. That won't take quite as long, I'm thinking a couple days to a week, but after that, it's onto the drawing!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Then we all await this project with bated breath!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

!!!THE SCRIPT IS DONE!!!!

I have finished writing the script yesterday and I'm now ready to move on to the research part (mainly for the Police, SWAT, News Team, and K9 Units), then it's on to the drawing! As stated sometime ago, the first part of the Reaper's Shadow arc is just the introduction into the world of the Reapers while the second part will begin the story officially. It took a while to get this point but I am happy to say that the comic is on track for a release finally! When? I have no clue but it will be before Spring starts (and judging by the snows here...that will be a while :lol: )
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It sounds like it is gonna be very great! I can't wait to see the beginning!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Just a minor update, but I will be finally getting a scanner tomorrow and will be installing it then. Once it's installed and operational, I'll get to uploading a teaser image (Not tomorrow though. Got some Tax shtuff to do :roll: ). Play my cards right, and I should have the teaser up by no later then Wednesday. Hopefully my art is still good by the time I get to work!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well whenever you are ready we will be here! Just take your time and don't rush!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

So I have a small surprise for you guys: This right here was the original concept art I was going with for GrimmSouls and Merick Wilson. Came across it again a few weeks ago and I figured I upload it both on FA and here for you guys to see!
Attachments
Original Idea for Merick from GrimmSouls V1
Original Idea for Merick from GrimmSouls V1
MerickWilsonV1s.JPG (131.08 KiB) Viewed 26845 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really like how that has came out! Wonderful job!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Really like how that has came out! Wonderful job!
Aw thank you! I still have some improvements to do (mainly in terms of faces and body shapes) but for not drawing in a long while, drew that last year, I think I did good!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

A question though. Are those jeans that are ripped or is that his flesh? e_o
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:A question though. Are those jeans that are ripped or is that his flesh? e_o
They are supposed to be ripped. Not the best of artists at the moment :P Still need work
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So they are ripped jeans then. OK. Just wanted to make sure.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Once again, I apologize for no updates. I'm trying to get into drawing while at the same time dealing with, again, some minor RL issues but I just want to say I have not forgotten this comic and I will release the cover soon...soon being when I this RL issue is done and I'm not tired anymore. This does make me mad that I been giving so many promises as to when the comic will come out but I failed on each one. So instead, I'm just going to say that I will get the comic up and running once the RL issues are dealt with, I'm no longer tired AND I feel comfortable with drawing.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its OK. We understand how life can get in the way of you putting together a comic. Take all the time that you need. We will still be here waiting!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Yeah life got in the way again. I'll work on the comic soon. Just need to square a few more things out of the way (one of which being the cleaning/dusting/re-organization of my room) and fight my procrastination and I should be ready to work on the comic if nothing else prevents me from doing so. And due to how long it is taking me to work on this, I have to put alot of my other projects (comic based) on hold until I can at least get the first arc out (two of the comics are FurWar and my re-imagining of Road Rovers)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Like I said before, no need to apologize. I know that real life can get in the way a lot. Take your time.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

So, yes, this is kinda silly of me, but I want to show this off (This was something I was doing in my spare time and when I was typing up the script to GrimmSouls): This right here is my current and future plans for both GrimmSouls and my other comics (Well SOME of them. I'm only showing up to 2016) I'll be working on. Kinda silly to be doing this, but I'll be honest when I say that doing this (planning ahead) kinda helps me a bit. When I plan ahead, like say create the name of a new story arc for GrimmSouls or another comic, I can develop the plot-line for that and work my current arc for said comic to lead up to it somehow. Yes I censored some of the comics cause I want some of them to be a surprise. Like I said, I know it's weird to plan ahead like this but it's something I like to do. :)
Attachments
Sneak Peak 1.png
Sneak Peak 1.png (128.15 KiB) Viewed 26676 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Ooooh! You are into Swat Kats also!? Goodie! Always looking for more people who can write them well!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Ooooh! You are into Swat Kats also!? Goodie! Always looking for more people who can write them well!
Thanks! It's actually a re-imagining of the series but I think you'll like it!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'll have to take a look into it when you get it set up.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'll have to take a look into it when you get it set up.
I don't really have much in the way on info for SWAT Kats yet, other then that it'll be my interpretation of the series and be a bit more like actual SWAT work with elements from the original show in there. I will however say that, aside from GrimmSouls and FurWar (which I been working on whenever I felt like it), I got some basic ideas for my version of Road Rovers, starting with the fact that I'm changing them to be a more elite military squad. Speaking of GrimmSouls, I MIGHT be able to work on it after May 4th if all goes well (Why after May 4th? I'm doing some DJing then in Second Life).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That all sounds good! I can't wait to see what you have planned!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

First, I haven't forgotten GrimmSouls, I'm just trying to fight off my procrastination and, also, cleaning my room. Secondly, I want to use this update to talk about three other upcoming comics I'm working on, aside from GrimmSouls.

The first of which is FurWar. This one takes place in alternate timeline where 9/11 never happened and there haven't been any wars or conflicts since The Russian/New Zealand War (that'll make sense when the comic is released). In the year 2013, the new president, Jack Travers, was signed into office after Obama's tenure as President. But during the ceremony, a spectator suddenly jumped onto the stage and rushed the newly elected president, knocked him to the ground, grabbed the mic and shouted "People Of The United States....THE ORDER OF THE FOX WILL RISE TO POWER" before being taken out by security guards. Everyone brushed it off as a crazed lunatic and went on with the lives (with 2014 marking two significant events in US history: Half-Life 3 was released and The Chicago Cubs won the world series for the first time in eons). But in 2016, a event would occur that would bring about a war that the States haven't seen since the 1800's. During President Jack Travers' State Of The Union address, a series of bombs went off, with one wounding the president. Before anyone could react, a multitude of armed personnel stormed the area and the city and started taking hostages and bodies. The leader of the army arrived on stage and announced to the people of the states this: "I am the leader of The Order Of The Fox. The United States have for too long lived as a superpower...no more. As of this broadcast, The Order Of The Fox are now the owners of The United States Of America and I, your new president, will be making some immediate changes to this 'Proud Nation'...starting with the imprisonment of those we Order see 'unworthy' (By that he means those who aren't his friends, aren't part of the order, or just rub him the wrong way)" With those words, the United States found themselves in not only a Second Civil War....but soon World War 3. It's now up to a very small group of people (they never fought with guns before and they have no clue to how they are gonna accomplish this) who escaped to not only end the Orders' reign in the States but to prevent the Order from spreading to other parts of the world. The whole idea for this one is both interesting and, well, odd: It was inspired by, I kid you not, my views on certain 'popufurs' and how so many people look up to them like they can do no wrong. Weird, I know, but then again, I like being weird :)

The other two, Road Rovers and S.W.A.T Kats, are gonna be a bit different then their source material. Road Rovers, instead of being super powered canines, are instead a special military group (think S.P.D mixed with the A-Team) consisting of only the best from each government department (Hunter-FireFighter....Blitz-SWAT Member...Colleen-Army Medic...Drake 'Exile'-Navy SEALS....Shag-Air Force) and are tasked with the most dangerous assignments on US soil and abroad. S.W.A.T Kats, on the other hand, is a different beast entirely: Led by Chance "T-Bone" Furlong and Jake "Razor" Clawson, the SWAT Kats are a group of highly trained Police/SWAT personnel....and that's all I got so far with this.

Just wanted to talk about these three upcoming comics since I announced them in a previous post. I am interested in ideas for how I can flesh out the SWAT Kats story more then what I have. Also, these three will probably come out once the 4th arc of GrimmSouls is released.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Actually the S.W.A.T. Kats idea sounds like a fan comic online with all the different members.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Actually the S.W.A.T. Kats idea sounds like a fan comic online with all the different members.
Really?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Have you ever heard of SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron?