My Upcoming Webcomic: GrimmSouls

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: My Upcoming Webcomic: GrimmSouls

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wow Myers is old. He might have died at the age of 37, but if he was still alive, he would have been 27 years old!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Wow Myers is old. He might have died at the age of 37, but if he was still alive, he would have been 27 years old!
He's actually not the oldest reaper. There are two the surpasses him in age.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Was one around when Galileo was still alive? o_O
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Meet One of the OLDEST Reapers in the Order:

Corey Dikon
⦁ Born: 1600
⦁ Died: 1652
⦁ Species: Lion
⦁ Fur: Tan (Mane: Light Grey)
⦁ Eye Color: Light Green
⦁ Notable Feature(s): Scar on his chest
⦁ Profession: Reaper
⦁ Personality: Wise, Temperamental, Ole-Softy, Loud, Strong
⦁ Likes: Quiet Moments, Morning Sun, Rain, Smiling Children
⦁ Dislikes: Rock & Roll/Metal/County/Rap/Pop/Dance Music, Action/Horror/SciFi Movies, Traffic
⦁ Favorite Band(s): Beethoven, Mozart, Amadeus
⦁ Favorite Movie(s): Citizen Kane, Hitchcock, Amadeus, The Terminal, Forest Gump, JFK, United 93, Big Trouble In Little China (Won't admit to anyone he likes it)
⦁ *Reaper Weapon(s): Emerald Gold - Custom Built Sawed Off Double Barrel Shotgun
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Say Hello to the Youngest Reaper:

Dereck Kellar
⦁ Born: 1985
⦁ Died: 2013
⦁ Species: Great Dane
⦁ Fur: Black and Brown
⦁ Eye Color: Light Grey
⦁ Notable Feature(s): Semper Fi tattoo
⦁ Personallity: Tough, Strong, Determined, Out-Going, Well Kept (was in the military)
⦁ Likes: Working Out, Jogging, Cleanliness, Reading, Cooking, NASCAR, Hockey
⦁ Dislikes: Burnt Food, Some Military Movies, Worthless Sequels
⦁ Favorite Band(s): Toby Keith, Sabaton, Queen, GWAR
⦁ Favorite Movie(s): Jarhead, Battle: LA, Saving Private Ryan, Hot Fuzz, Rambo 1-4, Predator & Predator 2, #3: The Dale Earnheart Movie, Fanboys, Grandma's Boy, Back Hawk Down , Heat, The Crow
⦁ *Reaper Weapon(s): Grim Dreadnaught - Custom M4A1 Assualt Rifle w/ M203 Grenade Launcher
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Smper Fi is the motto of the Marine Corps. I assume that Dereck was a marine?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Smper Fi is the motto of the Marine Corps. I assume that Dereck was a marine?
Yep, during World War 3.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

When did World War 3 start? I wanna know so that I can prepare my bunker.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:When did World War 3 start? I wanna know so that I can prepare my bunker.
GrimmSouls takes place in an alternate timeline where The War In Iraq never happened and 9/11 did happen, but only the Pentagon was attacked. In this alternate universe, WW3 started on July 20th, 2000 when England and Germany went to war with China. The U.S entered when England's ally, Germany, attacked the Pentagon so the U.S, along with Japan, Korea and, surprisingly, Russia, entered the war to stop England and Germany. The war ended on June 15th, 2013 when The King Of England (The queen died during an airstrike on the building she was staying at) and the German prime minister signed a peace treaty with US, China, Russia, Korea and Japan at the UN Building, marking the end of World War 3. I'll be delving more into this story in a GrimmWorld Tales Story later, but I will hint at this: Something is going to happen that will start another conflict.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

And then we'll end up with WW4 next?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:And then we'll end up with WW4 next?
Yes...but the last hint is this: Pay attention to EVERYTHING that happens after StoryArc 1, because events that happens in those arcs will lead up to WW4. Especially Storyarcs #6-10.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now that you point it out, I'm gonna have to pay attention!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Here's the next reaper:

Richard Masone
⦁ Born: 1945
⦁ Died: 1999
⦁ Species: Raccoon
⦁ Fur: Grey and Black
⦁ Eye Color: Brown
⦁ Notable Feature(s): None
⦁ Personality: Sneaky, Cunning, Cheeky, Sly, Quick Witted, Nice, Derpy, Nincompoop, Heart Of Gold
⦁ Likes: Cleaning, Sleeping, Swimming, Eating, Cookies, Donuts
⦁ Dislikes: Not being able to sleep in, someone steeling his cookies, "Diet Cookies"
⦁ Favorite Band(s): Weird Al, Bloodhound Gang, Dr. Demento
⦁ Favorite Movie(s): UHF, Young Frankenstein, Monty Python's Meaning Of Life, Monty Python: Life Of Brian, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Legend Of The Titanic (Yes...THAT Titanic)
⦁ *Reaper Weapon(s): Flames Of Autumn - Custom Colt Python
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Now I think it's time I introduce the Mythic Council in my comic's version of Heaven:

Mythic Council - Bahamut, George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Dorian, Cerùn, Ha're Tal'mu, Fasdor, Albert Einstien, Rick Gryphon, James

These guys are pretty much like the goverment here...'cept they deal with the goings on in Heaven, the Order Of The Reapers, and Earth. Each member of the council were, in their lifetime, some of the greatest, most loved, cherished, and well-respected beings on Earth during their time (Save for Bahamut) and they were chosen by Bahamut to be a member of the council. While sometime they don't see eye to eye with what to do with some of the beings on Earth and a few of the Reapers (Especially Louie and [I'M NOT REVEALING THIS CHARACTER'S NAME TILL LATER!!!]), they always try to make sure whatever they do benifets not only the Reapers and people up in Heaven, but Earth and The UnderWorld, where two other characters live...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sounds good. It seems like this webcomic is really coming along!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sounds good. It seems like this webcomic is really coming along!
Slowly but surely! Still got to put time aside to actually draw the dang thing :lol: but it'll be worth the wait. Since I got one of three projects out of the way (the one being Funday Wolf Night which is a live show I host on Sundays and the other being ActionWoof, which I went and pulled the plug on), I'm slowly getting free time back. The only thing I know will distract me from the comic is my gaming and movie habits but that rarely distracts me :) And since I'm in such a good mood today, I'm gonna drop a hint pertaining to the Ragnarok story arc:

“That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That even pumps me up even more! I just love the way that things are coming together! I hope to read more soon!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:That even pumps me up even more! I just love the way that things are coming together! I hope to read more soon!
XD I hope it'll be worth the wait! You might like this: I've been also working on a side project that still is part of the GrimmSouls comic. Called GrimmWorld Tales, they are stories set within the universe of GrimmSouls but have no relation to the main plot of the comic. Think of them like Expansion Packs for PC games. Each tale will happen after each arc. While I'm still working on the first story arc of GrimmSouls and the first tale of GrimmWorld Tales, I will confirm the one tale: Nightmarematronic. I'll let you guess as to what that tale is ;)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

UPDATE-A-RINO!

So, after getting my first of two projects done (the second won't come out 'till 2016 so I got plenty of time to work on it), I decided to put ALL 100% of my focus on getting GrimmSouls online! It took me a while to get to this point and I assure you 101% that it'll be ready BEFORE Half-Life 3 comes out! The first thing I need to do though is the most important step: Re-teach myself how to draw. Yes it's been YEARS since I drew anything and while I did draw the occasional good artwork (Like this one - http://www.furaffinity.net/view/13818475/ - being my most recent), most if not all of them turned out to be either crap or I get frustrated and stop drawing. But this changes now. Either this week or next, I'm gonna re-teach myself how to draw basic shapes, then move onto complex shapes, the animals, then furry-fying them, THEN adopting my own drawing style, then finally, work on GrimmSouls. It'll be a long journey but it'll be worth every step.

I do feel bad for making you guys wait so long for this comic (at least I'm not Square-Enix and Final Fantasy 7 HD :lol: ), so I decided to do this: Along with my normal updates (which will update about my drawing progess), I'll be dropping bits and pieces of the first story-arc here for you guys to read and enjoy BEFORE I draw it. Cool, huh? Like I said, I feel bad for making you guys wait for so long, and for that I do apologize. Life just had a way of rearing its very ugly, Kardashian head. But I can assure you, the first arc of GrimmSouls will be worth the wait.

I will get GrimmSouls out soon!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just as long as it is about to come out soon, we forgive you for making us wait.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Just as long as it is about to come out soon, we forgive you for making us wait.
I don't have a set date yet, but the most I will say is that it will come out soon.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Maybe after Christmas since people usually aren't busy then.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Maybe after Christmas since people usually aren't busy then.
True, but even if I do managed to get a couple pages of the comic done, I can't upload them in high quaility..see I don't have a scanner any more :( I can use my phone but it takes minutes off for whenever I send pics with it (I own a tracfone) so I have to be sparing.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Maybe you can ask for a new scanner for Christmas.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Maybe you can ask for a new scanner for Christmas.
..I never actually thought of that...maybe I should....
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Very minor update:

Since I'm going to be busy this weekend hosting my show (Which here's the link - https://furstre.am/stream/SeanWolf - I do talk about my comic at times on it), I won't be able to practice my drawing until the DAY after Christmas, cause by then I'll have plenty of free-time to kill. I also decided to at least upload some pics of what I worked on then with my phone and give updates as to how my re-teaching myself to draw is coming along.

I also want to take this update to talk about something I've been forgetting to mention for a while: The rating of the comic. As it stands right now, I'm aiming for a PG-13 rating for the comic due to Strong Violence, Blood & Gore (Except when a reaper takes one's soul, I'll explain how that works later), Language (No F-bombs or C-Words here. Mainly the tamer swear words but only used when needed), and violent and sometime scary imagery. Depending on the storyarc, it MAY push an R rating, but I just want this to be a PG-13 rated comic.

One other thing I need to mention. Do to how long it's taking me to get the first arc out, I might hold off on working on the GrimmWorld Tales series because I'll need to put all my attention and focus into getting the first arc done. Push come to shove, I'll only do one of the GrimmWorld Tales and cancel the rest but ONLY if I have to.

Finally, I think it's time I reveal the Ruler Of The UnderWorld (yes, it's called the UnderWorld in my comic):
Hades
⦁ Profession: Ruler Of The UnderWorld
⦁ Species: Otter
⦁ Fur: Dark Brown
⦁ Eye Color: Light Blue
⦁ Personallity: Based on Hades from Disney's Hercules with elements of my own personallity in him, and a bit of a distinguished gentleman (Hey, he needs to stay calm for all the people who get sent to his realm)
⦁ Outfit: Tuxedo w/ watch chain & rose
⦁ Job: Keeping the inhabitants of the underworld busy and dealing with new arrivals. Also keeps an eye on Garmr.

This version of the UnderWorld is designed to be like if Chicago became a Industrial City. Factories, work zones, slums, dirt, grime, smoke, vagabonds, you name it. The complete opposite of Heaven, which in this comic is designed to be like a beautiful, scenic village with amazing landscapes, rolling hills, gardens, cleanliness, sprawling waterfalls, and all things lovely.

That's all for this update, I'll keep you guys posted as to where I am with my drawing re-teachings. Would also love to hear your guys opinion on what I recently revealed of the world of GrimmSouls.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This is starting to come together really nicely! Great job!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Forgot to mention this, but there are two more characters I didn't introduce mainly because I didn't write their bio's out yet. Those are Anubis and Osiris, two other characters that work with Hades in the UnderWorld, but doing separate jobs. What they do yet, I haven't gotten that far yet (been busy with some other stuff as of lately: TF2, DayZ, shopping for groceries, and helping around the house, which the later takes up a lot of my time), but I might try to work on them tonight or tomorrow. Once I get those done, I'll probably move onto working out the plot/story of the first arc, which will be the hardest for me to do. Then once that is done, its on to the drawing, which, again, will be the hardest for me to do, UNLESS my reteaching myself to draw is done by the time I'm ready to start drawing.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well we all look forward to seeing what they will be doing.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

So doing a small re-write to the synopsis of the final story arc (Yes I planned that far ahead) in order to work better with the previous 3 arcs. If you remembered from earlier postings, I made mentions of the in-comic event called World War 4. Well, stupid me, I never actually planned it to end like that. Originally, I was actually going to have (SPOILERS AHEAD) -> The leader of The Followers Of Ragnarock have a piece of Garmr on him and decides to finish his work, which will culitmate into all the reapers and a few others reapers joining forces to end him once and for all. <- (SPOILERS DONE), but since I stated about World War 4 and how one will have to pay extra close attention to Story Arcs 6-10, I decided to go back and re-write them. Story-Arc #1 still is a work in progress (the introduction scene is thought out, just need to do the rest), while the remainder, up until #5, still need to be done.

But now I have something cool to ask: IF I do manage to get the first arc done and you guys like it, would you guys like to have a small cameo in the second arc (But ONLY when the first arc is done and is received well)?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What sort of cameo are we talking about here?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:What sort of cameo are we talking about here?
Haven't really decided yet. But it'll either be a walk-on role or someone one of the reapers will interact with. Just something that came to my mind.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Will it be a character from the story or one of our OCs?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Will it be a character from the story or one of our OCs?
At the moment, I haven't decided yet. Might go with OCs. Like I said earlier, it was just something that came to my head.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

And who were you asking if they would like to make a cameo? Me or somebody else.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:And who were you asking if they would like to make a cameo? Me or somebody else.
Well, since your the only one reading this forum that I know of, guess I'm asking you!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well you can tell me more when you get to that point, as I sort of need to have Elena alive.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

MINOR UPDATE

So unfortunately I never got the scanner for Christmas, but that doesn't mean I'm giving up on GrimmSouls. While I still need to teach myself how to draw again, there is one thing that is helping me in terms of dialogues. I'm currently in a RP on Second Life where I play both a villain and a bounty hunter and let's say I'm taking elements and dialogues I did for those two and incorporating them into the comic, so I hope the dialogues will be good. I'm doing my damnedest to get this comic to you guys cause this, along with Funday Wolf Night (which is a huge success, by the way!), is the first time I'm truly dedicating myself to a project. I'll still try to find a way to get images to you guys via my phone (Once I get some more minutes for it) and once I finish with the re-teaching myself to draw both shapes, animals, anthros, etc...I'll be ready to commit to working on the comic. I do want to leave you with this: This is the premise I have set up for the first arc (Taken directly from my notes):

Reapers Shadow: What should be in the arc:

1. Begins with a police shootout with several gang members at a warehouse with hostages inside. Show some casualties and news reporters reporting on the scene. Then show Merick, in a reaper-esque cloak, being stealthy and mysterious as he enters the warehouse via a open window...then he screams "I'm a loaf of bread with no raisins!" as the ladder he was on falls and he lands on the ground. He gets up, unscathed, said something funny and the gang starts shooting him as he dodges each and every bullet. He then chuckles and said "Alright, I'm done dancing with myself. Time for you guys to dance" and his shotgun/scythe drops out of his right sleeve and he stats shooting the gang members and sending their souls to their final destination. With the last member, he activates the scythe, stabs him, and said "Tell Hades I said HI!" and rips his soul from him and sends it to Hades.
2. The arc should then have Merick start talking about what he does, who he is, how he became a reaper <- Explain in more detail in a future arc -> and the weapon he uses. He will also explain the Mythic Council, Heaven, The Order Of The Reapers and The UnderWorld and tell about the types of souls in the world.
3. Finally, the arc should show his daily life and how he determines where a soul should go.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sounds good. Like I said before, you don't have to rush. We're fine with waiting.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sounds good. Like I said before, you don't have to rush. We're fine with waiting.
Thanks for understanding. I would've worked on it today, but my elbow's a bit sore from shoveling snow wrong (ProTip: NEVER try to shovel snow once it's pack in a mound) so it's a small pain trying to draw ><