HPU: Exotic Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres

Post by Hlaoroo »

The roos share a quizzical glance.
"Er... Nah!" they chorus.
"Wild, remember?" Jake queries, pointing between the two of them.
"Yeah. As in, no humans. We kept away from them and they left us alone and we stayed safe. Worked well."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"how did you guys end up here then , if you don't mind me asking"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah. Well... They didn't leave us alone..."
"Yeah... Tranq dart."
"Then the zoo."
"Which closed."
"So we ended up here."
"While our family and old friends are still back home..."
"Still, we have new friends here."
"Yeah. And Geoff is nice."
"He's the local vet. He takes care of us, him and his mate, Sue."
"Yeah. Much better than Harry."
"He was the first guy we bunked with. It was that or get shot according to the guy with the gun and the star on his chest."
"He also made us wear these things." Joey tugs at his collar, still not entirely comfortable with it.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"Well that one's a rule of the neighborhood," Met added. "but yeah, he wasn't the best of owners. I'm glad you're with Geoff now."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Delilah! Come on!"

"Hold on, Mario!"

Delilah, a dhole, walked down the stairs. Her silver accessories jingled as she walked. Mario, a degu, pulled on his ears in frustration. His silver earrings jingled as he released them. He jumped in annoyance as she walked down the steps even slower.

"Walk faster! Time's a wastin'!"

Delilah rolled her eyes and leaned down, allowing the smaller animal onto her head. Mario jumped on her head and blew smoke from his nose. Delilah shook her head, mumbling in their native language. Mario leaned over her forehead and looked into her dark blue eyes, also speaking to her in their native language, before speaking in English.

"What took so long?"

"You'll know soon, but I must ask. What is it about these... um..."

"Pets."

"Yes, that's it! What is it about these pets that you're so excited for?"

Mario leaned back up and laid down on Delilah's head. He sighed and rolled onto his back.

"It's just a new beginning, ya know?"

"No."

Mario smiled and tapped Delilah's head. The dhole smiled up at him before opening the door and walking off. Delilah continued walking, speaking causally to the degu on her head.

"You know most of these pets are predators."

Mario's laid back demeanor melted away as he suddenly to shake. His ears lowered and his dark oranges eyes went wide.

"P-predators?"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah. Well... They didn't leave us alone..."
"Yeah... Tranq dart."
"Then the zoo."
"Which closed."
"So we ended up here."
"While our family and old friends are still back home..."
"Still, we have new friends here."
"Yeah. And Geoff is nice."
"He's the local vet. He takes care of us, him and his mate, Sue."
"Yeah. Much better than Harry."
"He was the first guy we bunked with. It was that or get shot according to the guy with the gun and the star on his chest."
"He also made us wear these things." Joey tugs at his collar, still not entirely comfortable with it.
"Aw , I'm sorry to hear that , about you guys being taken away I mean , still , at least you're living with nice people now , right ?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Well that one's a rule of the neighborhood," Met added. "but yeah, he wasn't the best of owners. I'm glad you're with Geoff now."
"yes , trust me you'll get used to wearing it soon , I barely ever notice mine . Oh , and" Storm said , looking at the other lion with a smile "Like I said , I'm Storm , it's nice to meet you."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I'm Met," the lion replied, "And this is my housemate Maria." he pointed to the monkey on his back. "It's nice to meet you, too. I don't get to meet many other lions outside of movie sets. and even fewer lionesses." He offered his paw to shake.

"You should ask her out," Maria teased. Met blushed a little. "I just met her," he mumbled under his breath.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I'm Met," the lion replied, "And this is my housemate Maria." he pointed to the monkey on his back. "It's nice to meet you, too. I don't get to meet many other lions outside of movie sets. and even fewer lionesses." He offered his paw to shake.

"You should ask her out," Maria teased. Met blushed a little. "I just met her," he mumbled under his breath.
"It's erm....yeah...nice to , meet you too" Storm stuttered , shaking Met's paw , her while blushing a bit after what Maria just said
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thanks."
"And yeah, we are."
"How long did it take you to get used to the..." Jake snaps his claws a few times, trying to remember the word. "Collar! That's what they call these, right?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I'm Met," the lion replied, "And this is my housemate Maria." he pointed to the monkey on his back. "It's nice to meet you, too. I don't get to meet many other lions outside of movie sets. and even fewer lionesses." He offered his paw to shake.
"Yeah, Met's a star. He was in Pridelands."
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "You should ask her out," Maria teased. Met blushed a little. "I just met her," he mumbled under his breath.
"Ask her..."
"Out..?" Being wild, the JJ's idea of courtship involves boxing another male away to win the female. They've no idea about dating or other human courtship rituals which have become popular among pets. This is one topic which they haven't breached in their "lessons" with Met, aside from discussing Mario and Peach, and that, due to the fighting with Bowser, had fit with their instinctive thoughts anyway.
"What's that supposed to mean?" they chorus, not having a clue of the awkward situation they may have just created.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Cooper was watching his brother bounce a hackysack easily with his bottom paws, when he heard the latest question." he means dating to soon become mates. By the way im cooper and this is bandit met, and your famous for pridelands?" cooper asked after telling the roos. Bandit passed the hackysack to cooper who bounced it with his ankle before bouncing it some more.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

serence ice fox wrote:

"It's erm....yeah...nice to , meet you too" Storm stuttered , shaking Met's paw , her while blushing a bit after what Maria just said
"Relax, I was just teasing," Maria said.
Hotep the psychic wrote:Cooper was watching his brother bounce a hackysack easily with his bottom paws, when he heard the latest question." he means dating to soon become mates. By the way im cooper and this is bandit met, and your famous for pridelands?" cooper asked after telling the roos. Bandit passed the hackysack to cooper who bounced it with his ankle before bouncing it some more.
"I'm not famous, I was just an extra," Met explained. "My dad pulled a few strings with friends to get me one line, and it was just a roar."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

To the roos, this answer is clear as mud.
"Dating?"
"What's dating?"
"We just box to get a mate. And kick too, sometimes."
"Yeah. Kickboxing, I guess you could call it."
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I'm not famous, I was just an extra," Met explained. "My dad pulled a few strings with friends to get me one line, and it was just a roar."
"Yeah but it was an awesome roar! It was the best part of the movie!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Re: HPU: Exotic Acres

Post by hypernovatic »

Namine giggled at Storm's reaction. "You two should date. You'd be a cute couple." she said, smiling.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mario and Delilah were walking through town, Delilah lifting her paws more than usual due to the new terrain. She was looking around, eyes full on curiosity.

"Delilah."

The dhole didn't respond.

"Delilah," Mario quipped as bit louder.

Still no response.

"DELILAH!"

"Ah! What?"

"Look!"

Delilah felt her left ear being yanked and sighed as she turned around. She saw a group of other pets.

"There are lions in that crowd, Mario."

The degu yelped and buried himself in Delilah's hair, causing the dhole to playfully shake her head.

"S-s-stop i-i-it!"

Delilah smiled and began running over to them.

"Hey! Over there!"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The roos take one glance at the dhole speeding towards them and that one glance is enough for them to mistake the "threat".
"DINGO!!!" they yell as they bolt in the opposite direction to the encroaching, orange-furred canid.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"AAAAAAAAh" cooper and bandit yell in shock at the sudden yeling from the roos before watching them bolt off. there fur was on end before seeing the new pets. the two waved kindly before watching where the roos went
ImageImageImage
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Delilah skid to a stop just as the roos were running off.

"Uh, what has happened?"

"Looks like you scared them off. "

Delilah huffed and leaned her head to head to one side. She placed her head in her paw as she spoke in her native language.

"Too bad, they were cute," she whispered in her native tongue.

"Ooh~! Trying to woo a roo, huh?"

"Hush or I'll leave you in the jungle."

Mario smirked at him before looking over at Met and Storm.

"Jeez, they're lions!"

Mario yanked on Delilah's ears.

"Come on, Delilah! Jaldī karō! Aura tēja!"

"Mario, come on. Be nice."

(Mario said, "Faster! Hurry up!")
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Met sighed as the Roos ran away. "Sorry about them, they're a little skittish around canids. Maria, stay here, I'll have them back in a minute."

Maria hopped onto the ground and Met ran after the roos.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Namine smiled apologetically at the new pets. "Hey, sorry about that. They still haven't gotten used to living around predators yet." she explained.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

"ill get the other one to help met out." cooper said before running off. Bandit waved at the two new pets.
ImageImageImage
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

hypernovatic wrote:Namine smiled apologetically at the new pets. "Hey, sorry about that. They still haven't gotten used to living around predators yet." she explained.
Delilah waved a paw, shaking her head.

"Though my kind are known to eat such animals, I am a vegetarian."

"Our human companion is as well."

Delilah's eyes widened and she suddenly bowed, Mario jumping up to keep from falling off.

"Forgive me, for I have not introduced myself. I am Delilah Cu'cua, silver age dhole of the Charabuya Clan."

Delilah straightened and reached a paw up her head, Mario climbing on and bowing as well.

"I am Mario Cu'cua, silver age degu of the Charabuya Clan."

Mario climbed onto Delilah's shoulder then back onto her head. The two bowed once more, looking after were the pets ran off to fetch those kangaroos. She admitted both were rather cute, but couldn't tell which was which.

"Wonder if they'll like me," she said in her native tongue. (Which is Hindi)

"They'll like you. Just wait, Delilah. You know how patience is a virtue when it comes to love," Mario spoke back in Hindi.

"I don't love them. Their just..."

Delilah opened her eyes to see Mario looking smugly at her. The two began an argument in Hindi about if Delilah liked the roos.
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hypernovatic wrote:Namine giggled at Storm's reaction. "You two should date. You'd be a cute couple." she said, smiling.
"but....um....." Storm stuttered , too embarrassed to know what to say anymore, until
Hlaoroo wrote:The roos take one glance at the dhole speeding towards them and that one glance is enough for them to mistake the "threat".
"DINGO!!!" they yell as they bolt in the opposite direction to the encroaching, orange-furred canid.
"um....dingo?" she asked in confusion
Mickey wrote:
hypernovatic wrote:Namine smiled apologetically at the new pets. "Hey, sorry about that. They still haven't gotten used to living around predators yet." she explained.
Delilah waved a paw, shaking her head.

"Though my kind are known to eat such animals, I am a vegetarian."

"Our human companion is as well."

Delilah's eyes widened and she suddenly bowed, Mario jumping up to keep from falling off.

"Forgive me, for I have not introduced myself. I am Delilah Cu'cua, silver age dhole of the Charabuya Clan."

Delilah straightened and reached a paw up her head, Mario climbing on and bowing as well.

"I am Mario Cu'cua, silver age degu of the Charabuya Clan."

Mario climbed onto Delilah's shoulder then back onto her head. The two bowed once more, looking after were the pets ran off to fetch those kangaroos. She admitted both were rather cute, but couldn't tell which was which.

"Wonder if they'll like me," she said in her native tongue. (Which is Hindi)

"They'll like you. Just wait, Delilah. You know how patience is a virtue when it comes to love," Mario spoke back in Hindi.

"I don't love them. Their just..."

Delilah opened her eyes to see Mario looking smugly at her. The two began an argument in Hindi about if Delilah liked the roos.
Storm , still a little bit confused , just stood there , unable to understand what the two new pets were talking about
Hotep the psychic

Bandit looked at some. "kangaroos factor is a dingo. They look like dos or even closer like those two. So they ran believing they were the dingos. Right now I'm trying to pin what language their speaking. Sounds like a region in south Asia. Indian maybe?" bandit said.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Presently the kangaroos realise that their pursuer is Met and not the "dingo" so they slow to allow the lion to catch up.
"That was a-"
"Dingo! You saw it! Didn't you?"
"I thought there weren't any dingos here!" they exclaim, panting slightly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:Presently the kangaroos realise that their pursuer is Met and not the "dingo" so they slow to allow the lion to catch up.
"That was a-"
"Dingo! You saw it! Didn't you?"
"I thought there weren't any dingos here!" they exclaim, panting slightly.
"Well, they must have just moved in," Met answered, unaware that the roos were wrong in identifying the newcomer's species. "But that doesn't mean you aren't safe anymore. We're all pets here, I'm sure she has no intention, or even skills, to hunt you. Plus, if she does, do you think I'd let her hurt my friends?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The roos have no reason to doubt Met but millennia of instincts and fears amassed from untold generations of ancestors are hard to ignore. Confused and conflicted, the roos stare between each other, Met, and the direction of the "dingo", trying to make up their minds.
"But..."
"Dingo!" they manage to stutter as they fidget nervously.
"Danger!"
"Yeah! Instincts!" they try to explain, not knowing that Met, being domestic, might not have many of his natural instincts left.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Cooper soon too caught up with the roos. Somehow he missed a turn somewhere and ended up behind them, he playfully had a thought and snuck up from behind to take the chance at scarring the two again. Once seeing met also there he stopped. Cooper listened to what met said before clearing his throat in a show of "im here" before speaking "Mets right, hey even we just moved in but were not gonna hunt you, now rats however thats a different story" Cooper said
ImageImageImage
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Delilah and Mario had followed behind Cooper, keeping silent.

"Vahām̐." (There.)

Delilah saw the roos tails and walked up next to Cooper. She kneeled, Mario mimicking the move on her head.

"I am sorry if I have frightened you."

She stood up only to bow.

"I'm Delilah Cu'cua, silver age dhole of the Charabuya clan."

She straightened while Mario remained bent over on her.

"I'm Mario Cu'cua, silver age degu of the Charabuya clan."

He straightened and hopped down onto her shoulder. He leaned on her cheek and smirked while crossing his arms. He flipped his silver earrings back over his tiny shoulders.

"So, either of you have mates? I promise she won't bite~"

"M-Mario! Bāta karanā banda karō! (Stop talking!) I am a vegetarian is what he means. I don't eat meat or other animals."
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The roos yelp and try to bolt as Cooper appears behind them but their flight is cut short by Met and Delilah ahead of them.
"Dhole?"
"Not... Dingo?" The roos' relief is palpable as the dhole introduces herself.
"S-sorry."
"It's instincts. We're wild, you see."
"Yeah, and dingos are our main predator."
"And you... no offence but..."
"You look like a dingo."
"I'm Jake."
"And this is Joey."
"We're twins!"
"It's a-"
"Pleasure." The roos both stick out their paws for a shake and try to hold them steady as the adrenalin rush subsides. They're only partially successful.
"Er..."
"Mates?"
"Well-"
"No, not really... Although..."
"Don't do it to yourself, mate."
"I have to wonder how it might have worked out with Kate..."
Jake facepaws. "Too late."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Guys ! Wait up !" Storm called , finally managed to caught up with the rest "what was....that....all about ?" she asked , panting
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Namine caught up with the group. "Who's Kate?" she asked, hearing Joey say the name.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

Cooper was soon rejoined by bandit both showing looks of confusion.
ImageImageImage
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mario purred at the name Kate. He climbed back up to Delilah's head and laid down, propping his head up on his paws.

"This Kate, she is a lost love?"

He leaned over to look into Delilah's eyes.

"Seems like Jake is single."

"'Single?'"

"He's. Mateless."

"Oh!"

Delilah brought her paw up and flicked him in the nose. Mario yelped and jumped back, holding his little black nose.

"Hush or I'll tell them how we became friends."

"No!"

Delilah smiled then looked at Joey, trying not to show her fangs in said smile.

"But, yes, who is or was this Kate?"
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Er... Sorry, all..."
"Yeah, that was intincts kicking in..."
"We thought Delilah was a dingo."
"Dingos are our main predators... Anyway..."
"Yeah..."
"Kate is... Well, she's a jill back home." Joey explains using the term for a female kangaroo. "She and I were close friends. Not mates though. Reckon I'd have boxed for her this season though." To the roos living by their instincts, the idea of a long term monogamous relationship is alien.
"You wouldn't have stood a chance against Gary anyway." Jake points out, naming a jack (male kangaroo) in their mob who is notoriously large and grumpy.
"I would too! I've been practising!"
"Ooooh!" Joey pokes his tongue out at his brother who gives him a playful cuff in return.
"Any of you guys have mates?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Oh, okay. No, I don't have a mate." Naminé said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

Bandit and cooper both shook their heads at the question, ever since the move and even before they werent in love.
ImageImageImage
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Her name is Chanda. I'll be going to see her get her golden Āyu sāmāna." (Age accessories)

Delilah looked up at Mario, confused.

"But that's not his-"

"Hush, Delilah! Let's not talk about my love life and talk about how we come from India!"

Mario had thrown his paws up in fake excitement, throwing himself off balance. His back paws kicked up, knocking Delilah's left silver earring from her ear. She hissed in pain and grabbed her ear, holding tight to stop the bleeding.

"Ki cōṭa lagī hai!" (That hurt!)

She snatched Mario off her head and set him in a tree. She growled and turned around. She looked around for the earring, gasping when she saw where it was.

In Jake's paws.
My characters!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Are you okay?" Naminé asked, rushing over to Delilah. "Here, let me look at it." she said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

Bandit joined Delilah with a smile,"that was nice" bandit commented, however Cooper shook his head
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Mate ? Erm....no , I don't have a mate yet"