Housepets: The Girl

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

D3ath_0ps

Re: Housepets: The Girl

Post by D3ath_0ps »

:o

YOU SHOULD TOTALLY LET ME BORROW THAT. I'M SO JEALOUS.
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

SECOND PAGE!WOOT!
Buy a goat today!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

Attachments
DSC02391.gif
DSC02391.gif (242.79 KiB) Viewed 20624 times
Last edited by FoxRocks on Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buy a goat today!
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Love the picture! Nice job!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

Can do one with Sparks, if you like. ;)
Buy a goat today!
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

I'm currently working on the 2.0 version of Sparks with KillerBee. But yeah, you can if you want!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

:shock: a character update! :shock: I just finished the final version of Angel!
Buy a goat today!
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

OOoooo! Nice! Well, the updated version will be used later on in other stories, but for right now, the first version is him right now. A little hint, He's gonna have fur dye. :P

EDIT: Can't wait for the next update for your story too! (Gonna stay on topic here. XP)
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

oh dog...I thought of Angel dyeing that tuft of hair over her right eye blue this morning.....ah, I'll think of somethin' else. 8-)
Buy a goat today!
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Well. Two minds think alike! XP No, you can have the blue fur dye. It's just a thought for my character. I think I'll just have him dye some parts of him white I guess. :)
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

you don't need to do that, there are many other things I could do. I can't think of anything right now, but i'm sure there must be something.
(Charlie and the Chocolate Factory references!)
Buy a goat today!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I love that picture that you did of her! She came out nice!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

I might color it soon.

My favorite, for some reason, part is Peanut's face in the background!
:D
Buy a goat today!
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Oooo Color version! I can't wait to see it!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

The color version of a different pic. Look at Peanut back there!
Attachments
DSC02408.gif
DSC02408.gif (241.97 KiB) Viewed 20544 times
Buy a goat today!
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

That's Awesome Fox! Also, for anyone who doesn't know, those arent tears in Sparks' eyes. There something I added because of something me and Sparks both like...

KINGDOM HEARTS! IT'S AXEL! HE'S MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!

Calm down Sparks! Anyways, remember how Axel had those purple things under his eyes? That's what those things are! If you don't know who Axel is, here's a picture:

Last edited by D3ath_0ps on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

I think Peanut's wall-eyed....DON'T HATE MEEEEEEE!
Buy a goat today!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

And Peanut is wondering what the heck is going on. xP
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

The update is back on page 1, and if you went to page 2, then DON'T READ THE UPDATE IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SAD THINGS but it does explain some things. :cry:

Be happy. :D
Buy a goat today!
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Great update Fox. Now we know why the locket is so important! And we know why Angel HATES bullies. So sad. :cry:
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

*ANGEL*

It was a starlit night, and the white husky peered out of her window. She had been thinking about Anna for a while, canceling whatever plans she had. She then crawled out of her window and sat on the roof, staring at the stars.

“Angel?” a voice called.

The husky whirled around to find Cindy standing in her doorway. Angel did not respond. Cindy came over ad joined her. “You can’t keep beating yourself up like this.” She stated. Angel glanced at her, trying not to flip out. They sat in silence for a few moments before Angel asked. “Was it my fault?” Cindy was astonished by Angel’s accusation on herself. Cindy grabbed her arm and spoke in a stern voice. “No, it was not your fault; you had nothing to do with it.” Cindy would not have Angel blame herself for things out of her control. Cindy left Angel, hoping she could clear her head. Angel thought about the holidays she celebrated with Anna. There was that Thanksgiving…Anna wanted to help cook, and it was the first time I heard “Can you pass the slice of gravy!” Thinking about such times made her laugh, then there was Christmas…me and Anna liked lying under the Christmas tree, trying to get out without knocking over the RC train. * * *

With the morning sun shining through the window, Angel woke up with the sun shining in her face. There would not be much mornings like these soon, with winter coming in a few months, the sky would be more of a dull grey. She hopped out of bed and stumbled down the stairs, still groggy.

“’morning.” Angel said sleepily. “’morning sleepy head.” George replied, “Cindy had to leave for work early today.” Angel mumbled a response. “Have any plans today?” George asked, hoping she did. It would mean she was better. “Yeah, I’ll have to talk to Peanut today…” The husky quickly ate her breakfast and headed out. I wonder if he has been practicing his songs… She arrived at the Sandwich house and rang the doorbell. She could hear a bit of shouting…“I GOT IT!" There was a loud thump, and the door opened.
“Hi Angel!” Peanut yipped. “What do ya need?”

“I’ve been thinking about the songs…have you been practicing?” Angel inquired. Peanut’s expression went blank. “No, actually…been a bit busy.” The husky was disappointed in her apprentice. “Come with me then, you have a deadline you know.”

The two canines joined in a duet this time; to make sure Peanut would not get his lyrics mixed up. The two sang Owl City’s Saltwater Room. *I recommend you open a tab w/ YouTube and listen to the song while reading this part & using your imagination!*

I opened my eyes last night
And saw you in the low light
Walking down by the bay, on the shore,
Staring up at the planes that aren't there anymore

I was feeling the night grow old
And you were looking so cold
Like an introvert,
I drew my over shirt
Around my arms and began to shiver violently before...

...you happened to look and see
The tunnels all around me
Running into the dark underground
All the subways around create a great sound

To my motion fatigue farewell,
With your ear to a seashell
You can hear the waves
In underwater caves
As if you actually were inside a saltwater room

Time together is just never quite enough
When you and I are alone,
I've never felt so at home
What will it take to make or break this hint of love?
We need time, only time

When we're apart whatever are you thinking of?
If this is what I call home,
Why does it feel so alone?
So tell me, darling, do you wish we'd fall in love?
All the time, all the time

Can you believe that the crew has gone
And wouldn't let me sign on?
All my islands have sunk in the deep,
So I can hardly relax or even oversleep

I feel as if I were home some nights,
When we count all the ship lights.
I guess I'll never know
Why sparrows love the snow
We'll turn off all of the lights
And set this ballroom aglow

(So tell me darling, do you wish we'd fall in love?
All the time)

When you and I are alone,
I've never felt so at home
We need time, only time

If this is what I call home,
Why does it feel so alone?
All the time, all the time

All the time

To Be Continued....This was a small update, but I still plan to continue writing. Bye!
Buy a goat today!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Great update, FoxRocks!
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Daww!!! I love this song! It's so perfect for Peanut! :3 And nice update! :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I love how this update came out! Its really nice! Great job.
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

Here is a picture of Angel with another character, but they are not in their HP! form here. Tell me if my drawing looks similar to any others you have seen, so I can re-work my drawing style for the 4th time!
Attachments
DSC02637.gif
DSC02637.gif (228.15 KiB) Viewed 20146 times
Last edited by FoxRocks on Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buy a goat today!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I love how that picture came out! I'm sure it would look really good in color also!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

*CHAPTER 3*

*ANGEL*

After practicing with Peanut, Angel went out for a walk to think about how Peanut would present his songs. She would have to ask Sparks how he would be presented, if there would be flare or not. It seems weird for me to be singing with Peanut when the song is about his relationship with someone else...how will that look? She thought of this as she walked to her favorite spot in the park. It was the bench where she met Peanut, with trees placed nearby for the perfect amount of shade in the summer.

Angel found another dog sitting on the bench. He was more of a heavy-set, with a strange orange color in his fur. He had ear buds in, and she couldn't tell if he was sleeping or not. She sat down next to him, pulling out her iPod from her collar. The dog next to her was not sleeping after all, he acknowledged her with a friendly greeting, and Angel did the same. She learned his name was Andrew. When he told her this, she thought. Ah, another dog with a human name that happens to start with A...I can make a new A-Team!

"So, what breed are you?" Angel asked him. Andrew responded with a voice that had both a serious and joking kind of tone.

"If you're thinking of a 'husky' joke-" He started.

"NO! Not at all...is it Bino?" She stated it, more than asked. Andrew didn't seem to know who she was talking about, which was a great surprise for Angel.

"Well, I suppose you are very lucky...how long have you lived here?" Angel inquired.

"About a year...is 'Bino' famous around here?" He asked. Angel was still in shock.

"You don't get out much, do ya? I've been here for a few months, and ran into him, like the first day." She explained. Andrew said he had been out many times, but never heard of him.

"Wow." Angel said, not sure about what to say next. "Ever meet a dog named Peanut?"

To Be Continued...

A small update, just to tell y'all I'm still alive. Angel meets a character who had been made a long time ago, but never appeared until now...Hope you enjoy it. 8-)
Buy a goat today!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This is a really great story! I love how this new chapter has come out. Very nice job!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

*ANGEL*

It had been a big day for the husky, she had introduced Peanut to Andrew, worked with Peanut on his songs, and practiced with her own voice and guitar when she was sure nobody would hear her if she messed up. She didn't stop until about 1:00 am. As she slipped into sleep, she thought about the performance, hoping everything would work out with Peanut and Sparks. They would either be accepted, or the consensus would label them as "cat-lovers"

Sparks...I wonder how he's doing. She was out cold after that.

Angel woke up after an uncomfortable sleep. She shuffled downstairs in search of a pick-me-up. Sparks came back into her mind when she saw a commercial for music equipment. I should see how he's doing with the DJ thing. Angel thought while reaching into a cabinet.

While Angel sat on the couch, flipping through the channels, the phone rang. She turned her head and got up to answer, but George got it first.

"Hello? Yes...moment please." He turned from the phone, "It's for you." he handed the phone to Angel, then went to the garage.

"Yes?" she asked. It was Sparks who had called.

"Hey Angel! So...someone messed with my stuff for the Party... While me and dad are out, could you work with Peanut on what he's going to say when he's introduced on stage? Wouldn't want to think that you and him are together, right?"

Angel was silent for a moment, speechless. "Angel?" Sparks asked?

"Do you know who did it?" She asked him, but then 'to think you and him are together' entered her brain. "WHAT!? WHO SAID I WAS WITH HIM!?" Angel screamed at the phone.

"Nobody!" Sparks replied. "I said we wouldn't WANT anyone to THINK that you and him are together!"

"Alright." Angel said, now suspicious. "I'm really there for the background music, I didn't expect that kind of thought to come up."

"Well, you never know." Sparks stated.

"I'll try and see him when I can, his parents must be getting sick of me coming over there every day!" the husky mused. The continued their conversation for a while longer, mainly with Angel asking about him and Tera, with Sparks avoiding to answer her questions. She hangs up the phone and turned the TV off.

"I guess I'll be seeing Peanut today!" Angel concluded.

Just a small update. I haven't been able to do much here, since I have other things to deal with, but I am trying to do more here while keeping up with my other projects in the works.

Hope you enjoyed Angel's outburst. :D
Buy a goat today!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wow this story is really getting great! I just really like where this is going! I love Angel's reaction! Keep it up!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

Thank you...ya know, my drawing has improved quite a bit. I'm looking at the ones here and I think: :shock:

I always wanted to draw certain scenes out, maybe I could start doing that too. Although it is a long process to do so, and my audience seems to have decreased quite a bit from when I started, so very few would see them anyway. ._.
Buy a goat today!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

FINALLY! FINALLY I DID SOMETHING WITH THIS! Just a looooooooooooooong overdue update...and its still a small one.

Angel walked over to Peanut’s house. She was thinking about two things: How Peanut would take it, and finding out who did it so she could pummel them. The white husky hesitantly knocked on the door to the Sandwich House, and waited for someone to answer. It seemed like an eternity for Angel before Grape answered the door.

“State your business here!” She said in a weird voice. Angel figured that it took so long to answer the door because there was a brown paper bag on her head. They must be in the middle of a make-believe session or something.

“…is this a bad time?” Angel couldn’t help but let out a small giggle. Grape took the bag off

“Ah, to heck with it. No, come in. Peanut is hiding behind the couch waiting for the attack. Grape put the bag back on and crept over to the couch.

How does she know where she’s going? Angel watched with amazement as the cat stealthily avoided all the “obstacles” spread across the floor.

“GYAH!” Grape screeched as she leapt over the couch.

“COUNTER ATTACK!” Peanut barked as they wrestled.

I don’t want to spoil the mood…but this is just too important.

“HEY PEANUT!” Angel shouted as she separated them.

“What?” Peanut asked with the bag falling off his head. “I’m busy defending my homeland.” Angel just nodded. “Uh huh...I need to talk to you about that thing.” She nudged him and motioned toward Grape, who left the fight, so he would get the point.

“Oh. OH!” Peanut exclaimed. The two canines talked behind the house. Angel looked around to make sure nobody was around. Just in case…

“Sparks called.” She told him. “He said someone messed with the equipment-“

“WAT?” Peanut stared at her. Angel tried to reassure him.

“I don’t think it’s too big of a problem. He didn’t sound ALL that worried about it.” She tried to say it wasn’t really a big setback.

“You don’t know how bad it is?” Peanut glanced at the direction the Good ol’ Dogs Club.

“…no.” Angel admitted. “But I’m sure Sparks has it under control.” At least I hope he does…

I'm sure its fine...I think...I hope...
Buy a goat today!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Great update, FoxRocks!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Nice job on this update FoxRocks! It was definitely worth the wait!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

Almost 4 months. ._.

I'll try to get an update in whe I can, but I'm sure I've said that a lot...
Buy a goat today!
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Just take your time! We'll be waiting patiently for your inevitable return to The Girl. :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its OK. Take all the time you need. We know real life can get crazy. We won't force you to try to do anything.
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

To be honest, I think this is dead. I'll likely not start it again, I'm already devoted to other characters of mine with a story outside of Housepets, and that takes up most of my free time.

It was fun writing it, and I might have other short stories with the Angel character later. Who knows? ^^

What I was going with was having Angel make a few more friends sharing her music interest, and maybe have a bit more story surrounding her "sister". They would eventually move from town, Angel being reluctant about it... The story was pretty basic. :B

Could this be moved to the "abandoned fics" section?
Buy a goat today!