Super Power Lottery

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Legotron123

Super Power Lottery

Post by Legotron123 »

So I found this cool idea on a website (don't remember which). Just in case you didn't know, there's a website called "Superpower wiki," which lists every super power in existence.
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki
The idea is that you click the "random page" button near the top three times, and you get the super powers described on those pages, with all their benefits and limitations (except not really because life doesn't work that way).
You could get something really awesome (like the entire folder of mental powers) or you could get something really lame (like the ability to know when you're asleep).
List the powers you get in the comments below. I got "Temperance Inducement, Dimension Creation, and Urban Empowerment."
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Re: Super Power Lottery

Post by Deske »

Meta Teleportation, Teleport anything to any time or location
Ice Embodiment, basically become the element of ice allowing for limitless control over it
Word Manifestation, the ability to turn any spoken word into a caption or whatever it may be. Speaking "Fire" could create fire in the shape of the word Fire.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Druidic magic
Geokinetic wing manifestation
Demonic force manipulation

I love the Druidic magic - it lets me talk to animals! :D Wings made of earth could be cool - flight is always a cool power. Apparently demonic force manipulation includes werewolf physiology. ;) Other than that, I'd probably ignore the control over evil things, or use it to make them go away, rather than use it for evil.

Wouldn't this thread be more appropriate for the Forum Games section?
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

flame solidification
airborne attacks
vertigo inducement

dang, no shape shifting or magic, those are my 2 biggest powers :P
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Deske

Post by Deske »

I have all the necessary powers to be a final boss
Douglas Collier

Deske wrote:I have all the necessary powers to be a final boss
With or without the superpower lottery? :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

I got...
Kanima Physiology- The use the abilities and gain the traits of a Kanima. They are known as jaguar shaped figures but most portrayed as a reptilian like being that kills murderers. Cool.
Absolute Defense- To possess a defense that can not be breached by any attack. I feel safer already.
Fictional Transcendence- The power to travel beyond the boundaries between non-fiction and fiction.Such ascendance can be explained by mastery of Cartoon Physics and Cheating taking 4th Wall Awareness and using its maximum potential overriding the boundary separating fact and fiction. I love this power so much. Hmm...TO THE WORLD OF HOUSEPETS I GO! *submerges into comic*
Last edited by Bucky-Roo on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

It's funny how I knew about this website for a few months now, but here are my powers...

Stench Removal- I... can remove a stench, regardless of how deep it gets. Yay!
Vocal Narriation- What I say goes, I'm telling a real time story.
Shadow Absorption- I can absorb your shadow, you fall into a deep sleep without it.

With that being said, wait for me, Bucky!

"I then followed Bucky-Roo into the World of Housepets!!"
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
Douglas Collier

Bucky-Roo wrote:Hmm...TO THE WORLD OF HOUSEPETS I GO! *submerges into comic*
InDaZone1219 wrote:With that being said, wait for me, Bucky!

"I then followed Bucky-Roo into the World of Housepets!!"
Welcome, guys! Nice to have some new denizens from my universe (though Bucky, you'll probably be living at the zoo). Ooh, InDaZone, you might be able to get me back home! :D All you have to do is say it and I'm back to my universe! *Piece of paper appears: "Article XXXII, Section 164: Douglas may not be transferred between universes by means of narration or fictional-transcendence")

*Sigh* Oh well. :roll:
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Ahem, "Then Douglas got whatever he requested just now." *wiggle fingers*
I love warping reality *looks at the 4th wall*
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

With great power comes great responsibility......pffff. Nope.
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Douglas Collier

InDaZone1219 wrote:Ahem, "Then Douglas got whatever he requested just now." *wiggle fingers*
*Nothing happens* I think the language of the document means you can't use your power to get me out of this universe, sadly. :?
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Douglas Collier wrote:
InDaZone1219 wrote:Ahem, "Then Douglas got whatever he requested just now." *wiggle fingers*
*Nothing happens* I think the language of the document means you can't use your power to get me out of this universe, sadly. :?
What else did you want?
Douglas Collier

Maybe some dog-safe guacamole? :P
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Douglas Collier wrote:Maybe some dog-safe guacamole? :P
Hm... "Afterwards, Douglas got some dog-safe guacamole..."
*guacamole appears just as it was narrated*
Douglas Collier

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!! :mrgreen: *Starts wolfing down guacamole*
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Nanite Reality - The power to manipulate to fabric of reality using nanites.
Elastic Combat - The power to fuse elasticity and physical combat.
Psychic Entity - The power to be formed of pure, materialized psionic forces.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Lets bend reality together...
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

Razor Hand
Rain Generation
Sickness Aura

"With such lame power comes little-to-no responsibility"
Panda Panda Panda
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Rain regeneration seems nice, so live somewhere with high precipitation.
Razor Hands can bore though solid walls, making breaking in and out of places easier.
Sickness Aura can make anyone around you sick, creating epidemics (maybe a pandemic).
You have potential...
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

Those razor hands will make letter opening a breeze!
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Douglas Collier

Bucky-Roo wrote:Those razor hands will make letter opening a breeze!
Just make sure not to cut up the letter in the process. :lol: it'd make it easy to get rid of junk mail, though...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wanna know how I would go about manipulating reality with nanites.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Step 1: Implant nanites into the the organisms of the universe using a psychic bond (include the meta-nanite inside of you, which will augment your powers.)
Step 2: Control the nanites themselves to control reality.
They can bond at the cellular or molecular level.

If you've seen Generator Rex, you know how to use this ability.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Haven't seen it yet, since I haven't been really watching television lately. Most likely one of these days, I will definitely start to watch it.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Mythic physiology
I can become (or am) any being mentioned in mythological tales limited only by that creature's weaknesses and my actual working knowledge of mythological creatures. Good thing I know quite a few.

Restoration embodiment
LIIIIIIIIVE
Unless you're not dead, dying, or otherwise unwell. In which case, this isn't too helpful.

Radiation empowerment
You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Radioactive, healing Kitsune. I suppose.
Sent from my conifer.
rollingWolf

Post by rollingWolf »

Chronokinetic Constructs
The ability to create tools, weapons, armor, and even appendages out of time. Sub-power of Time Manipulation, variation of Universal Force Constructs.
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Chro ... Constructs

Sludge Generation
The ability to generate the semi-solid residue of sewage treatment or engines. A sub-power of Pollution Manipulation.
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Sludge_Generation

Worship Inducement
The ability to cause any sentient/non-sentient being to worship oneself.
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Worship_Inducement
¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı ¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If I am gonna rewrite reality, I will do it so a certain Furret doesn't put Sasha and Kevin together. >:D

I see Sasha working better with Tiger, as they are both childlike.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

In that case, infest them with nanites then bend reality as if it were clay in your hands.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

An extension to this topic. Get three random powers, think of a personality, and try to make a super hero/villian out of it. You can do it to your previous powers too.

Warper: super villain.
Powers:
Light Attacks
Space-Time Manipulation
Air Manipulation

His collection of powers makes him a dangerous threat to any foe, and he's nearly impossible to stop. Despite this, he is polite to almost everyone, and it's hard to make him dislike you.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Douglas Collier

Legotron123 wrote:An extension to this topic. Get three random powers, think of a personality, and try to make a super hero/villian out of it. You can do it to your previous powers too.
In that case, I'm an All-around Good Guy. :D
Yes, I am thinking of George of the Jungle, in case you were wondering
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

I guess I would be a good guy who would just keep his powers for fun and actually not do anything beneficial with them. If I actually did something to help fight crime or something, I would basically be an unstoppable reptile man...who can warp into fictional reality...I guess...

I am one unusual hero.
Last edited by Bucky-Roo on Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Sam-the-cat

Post by Sam-the-cat »

That's a useful site. Actually I (my character Sam speaking) do have some superpowers, but I didn't know how to call them, so I tried to look them up. They're not really superpowers though, because I need a certain type of portable technology to invoke them. Also, I'm using specific variants that I'm not sure are in the Wiki yet.

Locality Tracking, the following variant: there is a multiverse database that contains all there is to know about every possible world. The system can answer questions like: does anything or anyone exist who has the following properties: ... . Application: if you like furry or other 'fantasy' creatures, you can actually find a planet where they live, if they exist. This technology is rather tantalizing if you don't have access to teleportation.

Time Reduction. Freeze time and create a time bubble in which you can continue to do stuff. Useful as a defense: it gives you time to stop the chaos around you and work out a solution. In times of peace: nice for having some extra vacation time for yourself or to spend with someone you like.

Temporal Duplication. I use this for a specific purpose. If a person has died in the past, this technique allows you to go back to shortly before his (or her) death and make a clone. This clone can then be brought back to the present. If you don't have medical superpowers, this should only be applied to persons who died in an accident. Problem: the confusion of the clone who has to learn that he is a clone, and that his world may be gone since a long time. To be used only after careful ethical deliberation.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Oh, that sounds funny!

Let's see what I will get.

Adhesive Secretion (->)
The ability to secrete adhesive substances from one's body. A variation of Adhesion.
User is able to secrete adhesive substances from their body, possibly from skin, saliva, or some other way. The exact strength and abilities of the adhesive depends of the user, and some may be able to generate several different variations of adhesive.
That's... ahm... interesting. I can seal bags by licking them. XD

Parasitic Empowerment (->)
The power to be empowered by feeding off of sources of energy or others. Sub-power of Parasite Manipulation, variation of Affinity.
Users become stronger, faster, more durable, etc. by parasitism and feeding off of sources of energy or other beings for the benefit of oneself, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers. Some users may be able to continually leech off of their hosts.
Does anybody have too much power? :lol:

Ability Tier Activation (->)
The ability to unlock new sets of abilities. Sub-power of Experience Manipulation.
The user can unlock new sets of abilities that are part of the user. Unlocking can happen via training, experience and/or various empowering circumstances. Most users are limited to specific sets related to their nature and function ("class"), while some especially flexible users can learn very different sets. Talented absorbers and replicators notably can gain not only their targets' current abilities, but also their potential evolutions ("ability tree").
Do I get that right, that I can pick another set of powers? :mrgreen:
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Time Reduction is what Piper had on "Charmed", except that it was called "Molecular Immobilization".
Deske

Post by Deske »

Blame Embodiment - User become the physical manifestation or personification of blame. Users gain the ability feed off of the blame and unfairness of others or themselves in order to get stronger. The user can also induce large amounts of prejudice or injustice to others whether physical, emotional, mental, or spiritual.
Guys. Guys. I could negatively effect practically everything around me. I could make everyone dislike everyone greatly.

Charged Particles Manipulation - The user is capable of manipulating all forms of electricity dwelling in all matter as charged particles . With the power over electricity existing in all matter (charged particles), they are able to control all matter in it's state of form such as gas, liquid, solid and even plasma by controlling the electrons, protons and more that constitute all matter. Since everything is matter then this would permit the user to control everything by that theory. They may be able to use the charged particles to generate streams of electricity at their control. If the user is advanced they may be able to manipulate anti-particles as well.
Basically control anything in physical existence.

Nephilim Physiology - User with this ability either is or can transform into an Nephilim: a being (most commonly one of the first generation) with both mortal and Angelic Ancestry.
Now let me just explain this for a second. I'm going to go ahead and go with Transcendent Nephilim since I'm pretty sure people like more power the most.
BASICALLY - I am just shy of being god.
A List of Powers of a Transcendent Nephilim:
Transcendent Form: Godlike form that surpasses mortals and gains incredible powers, has its own series of abilities, Absolute Existence, Omni-Shifting, Chonolock, Energy Perception, ESP, Higher Consciousness, Immortality, Regen, Supernatural Condition
Aether Manipulation - Basically means control over nearly anything. Creation, Healing, Elemental Manipulation, Reality Warping, Resurrection, Superpower Manipulation, Space-Time Manipulation, Telekinesis, Stellar Manipulation
Twilight Manipulation and it's subpowers

The Superpower Wiki has dealt me a fantastic hand. Basically god, but I have the problems of a god. On one side I deal with feeling the blame of practically every being in existence. On the other side, I am a force of good (or evil :twisted: ) that must deal with the workings of the universe. I really want to know what it would be like.

There are other kinds of Nephilim, Near-Mortal, Balanced Nephilim. I just chose Transcendent because it is the most powerful kind. It would depend on who my mother and my father were.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Randomly clicking the random button, there are some insane powers out there. It's no longer a surprise that this universe doesn't have them. Omnicompetence,
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Congratulations Deske! You just drew a giant target on your back.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

*uses my ability of Parasitic Empowerment on Deske to gain more energy and to activate my Tier Activation Ability to unlock another set of powers*

What will it be?

Sense Inducement (->)
The ability to induce sensory effects. Sub-power of Illusion Manipulation and Sense Manipulation, variation of Inducement.
The user can induce sensory effects, causing short-term change in how the target senses the world or adding something that doesn't really exist, exact length of the effect depends on both the users skill and power and the targets mental state.
This power can be used for monetary distraction or overcharging single sense to the point that targets other senses are effectively nullified, or simply loss all connection to the real world.

Is that the Holodeck-Power, Tarot had? That sounds great. :lol:

Demonic Weather Manipulation (->)
The power to manipulate all forms of weather through the power of darkness. Combination of Weather Manipulation, Cosmic Weather Manipulation and Demonic Force Manipulation. The opposing power of Divine Weather Manipulation.
Like its divine counterpart, the user can manipulate all forms of weather, using dark powers going toward the more destructive aspects of weather causing off-the-chart natural disasters with the potential to destroy an entire planet in no time at all. Users can make a megatsunami destroy entire continents. Can also be combined with dark elements for maximum effect.
I'm so much going to use it if this winter will be like the last one - much too warm and without a single snowflake!

Alternate-Self Absorption (->)
The ability to absorb/assimilate alternate versions of oneself to gain power.
The user can absorb an alternate version of themselves from a different time-stream or universe to gain immense power. This power brings the user closer towards becoming a singular being and as such allows them to obtain a divine level of power if all their alternate selves are absorbed.
Ahm... Nearly infinite power because of a nearly infinite number of time streams is cool, but absorbing myself sounds scary... :?
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

How does demonic powers relate with weather manipulation? xD
Feel the demonic power of my on-going wrath of foooooggg.
Be scared mortals!
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Douglas Collier

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:flame solidification
airborne attacks
vertigo inducement

dang, no shape shifting or magic, those are my 2 biggest powers :P
I just realized you'd make one heck of a fighter pilot - giving your opponent vertigo and seizing up their engines. You wouldn't even have to fire a shot! Your natural airborne attack ability doesn't hurt either. 8-)