HOUSEPETS! THE SERIES Official Thread

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

warriorcatsfanhere

Re: HOUSEPETS! THE SERIES Official Thread

Post by warriorcatsfanhere »

*fangirl sqee* YUSSSS!!! Yay! Maud and Martin! Maud and Martin! I feel very much like the twins right now.
valerio

Post by valerio »

warriorcatsfanhere wrote:*fangirl sqee* YUSSSS!!! Yay! Maud and Martin! Maud and Martin! I feel very much like the twins right now.
*ACK!* My poor ribs... :lol:

Oh, and now that I have moved the illos for the ficcie to Gdrive, I'm gonna repost them so that stupid photobucket can go where it belongs, so there!
valerio

Post by valerio »

A quick intermission.
I was on the train home and focusing on the next chapter. I listened to some music to help my mood...and I came into this song, FUTURE WORLD by HELLOWEEN. Despite the band's name, the song immediately inspired me into doodling the future, perhaps the last and most epic special episode directly related to the current events; an episode set in the very future of the series.
Now I am NOT good at writing in the form of script, mind me, and this is an idea that will surely be implemented and changed in time, as many elements are likely to come up before Season V is over.
But as it is, with the current elements available, I just felt like wordydoodling this idea. So here you go, the opening theme for Special Episode 5:
SUGGESTION: to read this post better, (formatting may be screwed a bit) in case please use the 'Quote' button. Thank you

Music intro, chorus. In a panoramic view, Babylon Gardens and the surrounding city transform in a more modern, futuristic town.

If you're out there all alone (Cut to King walking in the middle of a desert, dusty wind ruffling his fur,
And you don't know where to go to his steady eyes look at the modern town from the top of a hill)
Come and take a trip with me (With him, there is an adult Tarot cat. Zoom out and we see the rest of the litter,
To Future World and a pack of three huskies, one of them with the fur pattern of King)

And if you're running through your life (Cut to Pete, Dragon, both revamped in style, and three other
And you don't know what the sense is mysterious figures represented in silhouettes, towering
Come and look how it could be in Future World over the town)

We all live in happiness our life is full of joy (cut to heaven, where Bailey as a winged angel is flying over a party.)
We say the word "tomorrow" without fear (Camera scroll up to the majestic figure of Lord Bahamut watching over Earth)
The feeling of togetherness is always at our side (Zoom out as Bahamut disappears into the sun and emerges as the great
We love our life and we know we will stay dragon with the sun shining behind him. He raises his judgment hammer and...)

'Cause we all live (...cut to the rest of PB&J’s litter, running in the sun, together with the pack of huskies,
In Future World who now are tattooed all over their bodies. Bailey is flying over them like a
A world that's full of love guardian angel)
Our future life will (Cut to the group stopping and joining their fists, in epic pose as if
Be glorious challenging their fate)
Come with me future world

Musical interlude, showing the depth of hell and Lord Belial sitting on a throne, watching the town with interest

You say you'd like to stay (cut to a big watch counting backwards in which King and tarot and the other
But this is not your time cats are falling, helpless. The watch is surrounded by flames)
Go back, find your own way to Future World

Life can be for living (A big net grabs them, and it is revealed the net is being
Just try and never give in created by one of the huskies, the female with King's fur pattern)
Tell everyone the way to Future World

One day you'll live in happiness (cut to zoom out of the cast, as the camera focuses
With a heart that's full of joy on the figures of Peanut and grape, King and Bailey,
You'll say the word "tomorrow" without fear Martin and Maud, all joining hands with each other
The feeling of togetherness will I be at your side and standing on the horizon like guiding spirits, looking
You'll say you love your life and you'll know why benevolently at the heroes)

'Cause we all live in future world (cut to battle between Belial and Cerberus, as they exchange
A world that's full of love fiery fists and luminous attacks, until one throws a flaming
Our future life will be glorious spear and the other a bolt of light. The conflagration illuminates
Come with me future world the arena like a sun and makes hell quake in a series of chain explosions)

'Cause we all live in future world (cut to Dayshaun kissing one of the huskies, the sun setting
A world that's full of love behind them and making the town’s skyline shimmer.)
Our future life will (Cut to King rising his fist in defiance against the dusty wind.
Be glorious Come with me future world The same do the cats. The divine players are waiting for them…)
herobrineharry

Post by herobrineharry »

*BRAIN EXPLODES FROM AMAZEMENT*
:shock:
I....
don't....
what?
Forward, the Light Brigade!'
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho'(though) the soldiers knew
  Some one had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
  Rode the six hundred.
valerio

Post by valerio »

now now, here's some smelling salts. Now get back in brain shape, I need you rational as a reader
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think he is gonna need more than some smelling salts to help him. X)
Honorable Intentions

Post by Honorable Intentions »

So much has happened and they haven't even landed on the island yet.

Loved PB&J's litter and their antics this time around. Those police dogs can't seem to catch a break on their vacation can they? :lol:

Also interesting to see Sabrina's family filling out. This cast just gets bigger every day it seems. Wonder how Pixel will react to her new sibling.

A sneak peek at Housepets!: Generations (no idea what else to call it)? Sounds like the future of Babylon gardens is a very different place than we know. ;) All this stuff happening makes me so excited :lol:

Can't wait for the next updates.
At the end of the day I often think about what I have done for the world. What I have changed, perhaps made better or worse. I then sit at a computer for hours and look at pictures of cats.

RP Character:
Lucky Abbot: S-9 P-6 E-7 C-6 I-7 A-4 L-3
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

I love what you did with the Helloween song! I used to listen to that song all the time in one of my computer classes and now I've got like a small movie in my head everytime I hear it :D
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
valerio

Post by valerio »

SergeiTheFox wrote:I love what you did with the Helloween song! I used to listen to that song all the time in one of my computer classes and now I've got like a small movie in my head everytime I hear it :D
thank you! :D
I'm planning more of that: one will be the theme for the two seasons I thought exclusively for PRIDELANDS. The theme song will be "Fire Wars," originally the theme of the anime miniseries Mazinkaiser -and the funny thing is, the text fits for this project. 8-)
Another song I MUST doodlewrite is "Fata Morgana" by Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Great update Val! :D
herobrineharry

Post by herobrineharry »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think he is gonna need more than some smelling salts to help him. X)
I need something greater... like true resurrection.
Or Ovalqwik.
  Some one had blunder'd:
Into the valley of Death
  Rode the six hundred.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Will there be a scene eventually where somebody gets a pie in the face? xD
valerio

Post by valerio »

The Solarium, aboard the Sea Dragon, en route to Meriweather Island

Things weren’t really going that bad after all, Grape considered, while lazily basking under the sun, her tail swishing slowly. She moaned as Peanut rubbed her special soft spot on her back while rubbing vitamin powder in her fur.
Humans had taken care of that Delasangre woman. Maxie was still under lock-and-key. Miss Tulip had found a family. The lunch had been fabulous. And the kittens, under the surveillance of Lucky and Felix, were sleeping soundly after a well-deserved morning of fun.
Now all that remained was snuggling and sleeping the time away until the masquerade ball. Yup, the real cruise the Sandwich family started now—
“Ouch!” Peanut exclaimed.
“Hm?” she muttered absentmindedly.
“Your tail hit my nose,” Peanut said, rubbing the offended part. “Why are you nervous, Grapey?”
She turned her head and lifted her sunglasses. He was right, she was lashing out her tail like it was a whip! “I don’t understand, hon, really. I’ve no reason to—“ then her upper lip started twitching.
Signals of danger from her subconscious. But where was it coming from—
Then there came this sudden eclypse. She saw two black shadows covering the sun. Falling toward them. “Oh, no.”
“HEY GUYS!” Aldebarn and Antares howled happily, before the impact.
“Great news!” said Antares, lifting Grape by her arms. She looked like she had been hit by a train.
“Really superdupergreat!” Aldebaran added, while keeping Peanut in a similar position, among the wreck of chairs, lotions, powder and glasses.
“Before I decide to sell your kidneys to the black market,” Grape growled, extending her claws, “you better be sure that you had a valid reason to ruin my nap.”
“You’re gonna get a Mom!” Antares said. And that made her go ‘duh?’.
“No, a coMom!” Aldebaran corrected him.
“Or is it a MomCo?”Antares pondered.
“Care.to.explain.yourselves?!” Grape asked. “And lemmego! I can’t feel my paws anymore!”
Antares did. She fell on her butt. “Ow,” she commented from the floor while the twins danced in circle, Aldebaran still holding Peanut. “Daddy’s gonna get married, Daddy’s gonna get married, yey!”
Peanut started wagging his tail hard. “Really?! Is it that nice Miss Maud? When is gonna happen? Will they marry here aboard? Will there be a lot of flowers? How many kids they planned? Can we play with their kids like we do with Gordon?”
“It’s Miss Maud,” Antares said, putting him down.
“It will happen on Meriweather,” Aldebaran said.
“It will be roooomantic,” both said, posing all lovey-dovey and batting their eyes. They actually made tiny sparks...Then they frowned. “Didn’t talk about kids, right bro?” Antares asked.
“No they didn’t,” Aldebaran answered.
“But they have us.”
“And Alcor and Mizar.”
“And my pup.”
“And big sister and big brother.” Aldebaran shrugged. “Who needs kids?”
Grape was sorely tempted to tell those big oafs that it was because of a child that she had been progressively left behind until ahe and Lucky were abandoned under a pretext...But who she was kidding? She just couldn’t imagine Uncle Martin going all ga-ga for a toddler, any toddler that didn’t have fur. Even when visiting Dad and Mom, he was being...’diplomatic’, for lack of a better word, with little Gordon.
And that miss Maud? Daughter of zillionaire? She looked and probably was all business. Unlikely of her to get distracted by motherhood.
“Anyway, you two, congratulations, and Aldebaran, please extend them to Uncle Martin.” *snkt* came out her claws. “Your brother will be unable to do so.”
Peanut grimaced in fear and disgust as he heard the bloody SWIPE.
“Owie,” Antares said
Aldebaran tilted his head. “Brother, you don’t have half of your snout anymore.”
“Wohf if.”
---
Apollo Fitness Center

Against all odds, King had hoped that the trainer would’ve told Bailey that, given her condition, she wasn’t due to stress herself out with physicals.
Of course, the trainer, a hefty St. Bernard who would’ve been a good match for that Terrace High guy, Samson, said that it was a splendid idea! Pregnancy could get very stressful for the body if one didn’t exercise her legs and especially her back. Not to mention respiration exercises so to keep the babies healthy...
But even more important, and King had unfortunately seen that coming, was that the mommy’s partner should always be present and work out with her, share those activies to strenghten the bond...as if that was necessary. He had just swore to a demigod he’d kick his lion butt if any harm could come to his wife!
But enough of replaying those thoughts over and over again in his mind. These exercises were tiring as they were without tiring his own mind...
His ears flicked. Funny, all of a sudden people and pets around them were whispering excitedly...
“Can I steal him for a minute?” Martin’s voice said just as hiss shadow covered the light falling over the Corgi.
Before Bailey could answer, King said, “Unless you want to marry me, sorry, but I’m taken already. So ask away.” He grunted while lifting the bench. “I won’t leave her.”
“Nice of you.” Martin squatted down. “Heard the news?”
“About my imminent demise, you mean?”
“No, silly: I’m gonna get married. Maud. On Meriweather. Before we leave. And of course I hope you two can attend.”
“I’m so happy for you,” Bailey said while panting. “Of course we will be there.”
“Just FYI,” King said. Grunt. “You know about...that past thing of me, right? Well, turns out I will very soon lose all memories of that. A birdie told me that my permanent new nature abors what I used to be. If you get my meaning.” Not that he could say out loud that he used to be a human. Not in public.
Martin nodded. Smiling. “Good. Really, King, I’d rather see you happy as you are, without any more useless grudges of what used to be. But you must promise me that I’ll be present when the puppies are born.”
Grunt. Lift. “Heh, as if I had to promise: You will hospitalize Bailey in your clinic even if you had to drag her there with your hands.”
“Guilty, your honor. Soo, a doggy true and true, right?”
“Yup.”
“Good. Because I always wanted to do a thing with that cute tummy of yours.” Martin grinned.
King’s eyes widened as he saw the hand closing in. While he still was holding the bar. “Ohnononono, you...Heheheheee!” He giggled and kicked as he was given a nice scritch! A moment later, he let go of the bar.
Martin grimaced at the sight. “Whops.” King was just “Neck...Ow...” [ALT-TEXT: Yes, it’s an off-panel moment, not because of rating but because I don’t want to describe Kingy in pain]
Martin turned his head toward one of the trainers. “Ah, medic please?”
---
The waiter was walking along the corridor, carrying a silver tray with two cans of soda and upturned glasses standing on a white napkin.
The man was just passing by a suite’s door...when he jumped upon hearing a sort of roar! His tray fell down and only by luck didn’t the glasses break. He chided himself for reacting like that, like a newbie instead of the 30-years professionist he was. There had been people, aboard this ship and her predecessors, with exotic pets, and he remembered when a lion actor playfully roared his defiance at the elements during a storm. Or when a chorus of soda-drunken wolves had decided to sing at the ‘moon’ –namely, a lightbulb in their suite.
But the waiter had never heard something so...unnatural, for lack of a better word. No exotic animal had ever called out like that, as if the air itself had ripped itself...

...Although, had he been present at that precise moment, that would have been exactly what he’d have seen.
It was as if a flame was burning in mid-air; a cold flame of white light. In the middle of the room, Sabrina’s eyes were gowing with an intense blue light as her magic kept the portal open...
...long enough for the female, black-furred kitten to step in. A kitten that, by chance of fate, looked a lot like a younger version of the magic cat. She wore a similar golden collar, except that her tag was a golden pentagram.
The flaming portal closed, leaving no trace of its exisence.
Sabrina’s eyes went back to their regular color, just in time before her adopted daughter jumped into her arms. Both purred loudly in happiness, while the mind of the adult sent out a thought to Meriweather Island’s guardian spirit. <Thank you for helping me with this long-distance call, Master Hubert.>
What answered her was at the same time a most powerful and at the same time soothing spiritual voice. <Oh, that was nothing my dear. Now you three have fun. Call me anytime to send her back home.>
Sabrina nodded. She didn’t held it against Spirit Dragon for not helping her with this, but apparently keeping company to Maxwell took a lot even for a cosmic entity. Which was quite plausible, knowing her ex-boyfriend... “Oh hey. Here you are at last. Pixel, please meet Tulip. Tulip, this is Pixel; she is mute, so she’s used to write down when she wants to talk.” She put Pixel down.
The black kitten took a good look at the head that was shily peeking out from behind Sabrina. “H-hi?” Tulip said.
Sabrina handed Pixel a small one-button remote. “Remember what I told you, earlier?”
The little one nodded. She took the remote and pressed the button. A golden curtain of light came to life between adult and kitten! It was like looking through a translucid sheet.
Tulip came out of her ‘hiding spot’, still trembling a little. Now Pixel could see why she was called Tulip: Not only was her fur a delicate red shade like the namesake flower but around her paws and feet, it faded into a very bright orange, almost yellow. A blooming tulip, whose tail also displayed the same game of colors.
The black kitten’s finger moved, her claw tracing fluent golden letters in mid-air. Welcome in the family, little sister. Can I call you sister?
Tulip jumped back, scared by that new thing!
Sabrina caressed her neck and back to soothe her. “Don’t be afraid: It is a thing humans call ‘holographic writing’. It only sounds scary.”
Tulip giggled nervously, her red eyes studying the writing and the new kitten. “Uhh...” she walked forward and tapped the photonic surface, making the spot shimmer in concentric circles. Can you hear me? She finally wrote
Yes I can. How old are you?
“I’m three. Uh, I am good at standing in dangerous spots and play hide-and-seek. Miss Sabrina told me that what Dad was doing with me was wrong, but why? He was always so proud of me. Why are you mute?”
I was born like this. But it never got me down. When you’re back you’ll meet Fido, my Papa. He’s the most AWESOME of dogs!
“A dog?”Tulip beamed. “It’s so cute! Dad too always says it. Once I recorded a mixed couple of strays dating. Can I go see Dad now?”
Sabrina scooped the little one in her arms. “Tulip, honey: We are your family now. And no one will put you in danger ever again. When you’ll be big, you’ll take your own decisions, but it wasn’t fair that you...did those things, at this age. You’re too young.”
Tulip loverred her eyes, her voice dropping to a sad mutter. “So you don’t like me?”
“Yes I do. A lot. That is why I asked to be your Mama. And you’re really, really good at hiding.” It had almost broken her heart, when Tulip had told her that she was scared of Peanut and Grape because they had discovered her... She had feared she had disappointed that...monster.
Sabrina was sorely tempted to teleport Grape into that human’s cell and then enjoy the show. Instead, she kept hugging Tulip. “Do you remember when I asked you to trust me?”
Nod.
“Have you seen how many things I can do?”
Nod.
“Then I promise you I will teach you some of my magical secrets. And you’ll become great at hiding, one day.”
And back was the morale. Tulip reacted like she had been promised Christmas wrapped in an Easter Egg. “The best?”
“The best. But,” Sabrina lifted a finger “on one condition: No dangerous places until you’re grown up.”
And down went the ears. “But Mama! That’s boring.
Sabrina chuckled. “I too had to do many boring thing before learning magic. And you won’t get really bored: After all, you’ll have to take care of Pixel.” Her head pointed to the black kitten, who started fuming. Her finger traced words so fast that they were almost illegible
I’M NOT A KITTEN! I’m three and TWO months! I’m older than her, so there!
“But you can’t speak, dear,” Sabrina observed. “And you will need someone to hep you with that.”
In the bathroom, a pipe broke. Fine! But I get to choose the games to play! That written, she turned and crossed her arms, her tail wrapped around her leg.
“Fine,” Tulip said. “Are you too afraid to admit that I’ll beat you at Hide-n-Seek?”
Head shake: No.
Tulip grinned, leaning forward. “No what? That I can beat you?”
A light in the ceiling turned off spontaneously. Pixel turned and lightwrote: I’m no scaredy cat and I’m gonna beat ya.
“Okay. You’re on...loser.”
“In this case,” Sabrina intervened, “You want to involve the other kittens. And with the supervision of Lucky and Felix—“ At that moment, two paws knocked at the door.
Sabrina went at the door and opened it on the eager smiles of the hopping Antares and Aldebaran. “Yes, I knew since yesterday.”
“Aww,” they said in unison.
The black cat leaned forward to kiss their cheeks. “But congratulations all the same. I’m sure Miss Maud will make a great Mom. Now please,” she walked back to the kittens. “This new girl is my daughter Tulip: Tulip, these are Antares and Aldebaran. They will escort you to the other kittens’ suite. Pixel will stay here for a while. She came here by teleportation.”
“Cool!” Antares said.
“Let’s just hope sister Grape is not upset,” Aldebaran said.
“She so hates magic.”
“But she likes Pixel, so she’s ok. Come, girls!” Antares motioned them to follow, but Tulip was just standing there, staring with her ears all erect.
“You’re big,” Tulip said.
“Yup.”
“We get that a lot.”
“Piggyback ride?”
Pixel ran first to Antares, and literally clawed her way up to his shoulders, making him giggle with the tickle.
Aldebaran squatted down and motioned Tulip to come. She did so, hesitantly. Despite her age, she was of thin build and almost disappeared in the big paw.
Aldebaran put her over his shoulder. But before he could turn to leave, she asked, “Mama?”
“Yes, hon?”
“Ah, can you please give me back the fur dye? Please?”
Sabrina nodded in spite of herself: As long as it was token comfort, she could humor her new daughter. “You will find them when you’re back.”
“Neat! See ya later then.” She waved one last time before the door closed behind her.
“Let me guess,” said Alcor’s voice from the upper floor. The white cat was leaning out and smiling at his black counterpart. “You peeked into the future.”
Sabrina blushed slightly. “Am I that transparent?”
“Nah. I remember when you first introduced Pixel to us. You were almost as protective as Grape. And for put Tulip so soon in the hands of those bisons, knowing that the kittens are too tired to play now...” He shrugged. “Plus, you wouldn’t have brought Pixel here just for the fun of it. I told you, you’ll make a great Mama, even if with witch benefits.” This time he added a wink. His tail swished languidly. “Oh, and speaking of which, care for a snuggle milady?” He added his best ladykiller grin, a white-on-white that made him positively glow –also thanks to the lights he had turned on so that he could sport his own aura. “Just a warm-up.”
Sabrina shook her head, amused. “You males: Just show anything motherhood-related and you all go head over tail.” But she walked up the stairs nonetheless...
herobrineharry

Post by herobrineharry »

alt text?
Is this illustrated somewhere?
  Some one had blunder'd:
Into the valley of Death
  Rode the six hundred.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Love the update that you did. Wonderful job!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Pixel and Tulip are being so cute! Great update Val! :D
valerio

Post by valerio »

herobrineharry wrote:alt text?
Is this illustrated somewhere?
No, it is not. But it's running like a comic in my mind, so I just can't help it I guess :lol:
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

First thing I want to say, I love this project. I started to read Housepets last month, and finished in a week. I had been seeing things about Housepets the Series, so I decided to check it out. After a month of reading, I am on page 9 At the part with Joel and Pridelands, so I have a long journey ahead of me, but I know I am going to love it. This should keep me busy for at least 4 or 5 more months before I have to wait for updates. Glad to see it is still being updated. I also just saw what reading some words on page 62 while only being on page 9 is like. I just gave myself a big spoiler, and hate it. I need to be more careful. You have a new reader, and I want you to keep up the great work.
valerio

Post by valerio »

YAY for new reader! :D
Thank you a lot and of course I'll keep this project ongoing. This universe offers so many possibilities, I'll explore as many as possible of them.
valerio

Post by valerio »

...And since I just spoke about possibilities, this is a glimpse I offer to you regarding my future projects for HPTS after Season V -watch it, it's spoilers, read at your own risk 8-) :

Season VI: Back to Terrace High and its common destiny with Babylon Gardens
Season VII-VIII: Focus on Oasia as the first western town entirely run by animals, and its relationship with other countries such as Buwara, Feraga, Meriweather Island. Featuring the protectors of these communities: Special Ops Omega, the current FNERL security team!
Season IX-X (final season): The future generation, a glimpse of what might be...

Then, not necessarily in the order as listed, there are the long episodes like the one I'm currently practicing with...perhaps a tad longer:

Under the Fur: The Adventures of Dalmatian FBI undercover Agents Zeke and Quincy Jones, together with Ivan and two characters kindly donated by none other than awesome STU.

Around the Earth: Of course, *everybody* knows the story of Laika, first dog in her successful flight around our planet, and how she also became a star in the US! I'd love to retell it anyway^^

Tiger of New Orleans - It's a true fact that the 'New Orleans', first steamboat ever in her maiden voyage from Pittsburgh to new Orleans, had among her crew the Newfoundland named Tiger. And this is his story during that glorious, eventful voyage!

The Dog of the Reich - What if Blondi, Hitler's dog, and one of her puppies managed to escape from the Berlin bunker and find their way to a new life in spite of her reputation? Could she actually make it?

Just Nuisance – Follow the adventures of the first great dane dog ever to serve with full title in the Royal Navy. This is his fabulous tale of what happened in the Atlantic War, when he and his fellow crewmen discovered the ideal base for their safe transit: Meriweather Island!

Doc & Smith - The brains and the brawns of a detective agency always dealing with cash problems, always with the right pets to solve its cases...

The Song of the Forest - The tale of Daisy and Mortimer, the dog and the wolf, their friendship between worlds that won't accept them.

The Oceanbeds of Life - Ever wanted to see a movie featuring none other than Fino and Primo, and their quest in Europe of the ancient secrets behind the origins of life? This is your occasion

The Pridelands Trilogy - nuff said!
micu1000

Post by micu1000 »

valerio wrote: "Future Projects"
O_O Hype overload!
(This is a signature, This is MY signature, Praise it!)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I cannot wait to see how all of that pans out!
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Great to see how long you plan on still making this. I only read the first part to avoid spoilers, but it is great to know I can continue to enjoy this for a very long time. I am looking forward to the long journey ahead of me.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Elsewhere, mayhaps in the astral plane, at that same moment or not...

The Skype connection woofed angrily on the PC screen’s speakers.
A taloned bird-paw activated the auricolar attached to a long, blue-feathered pointed ear. “Kingypup! Long time no chat...” Pete said, arms crossed behind his head. “What? Oh, yes, it was a few hours for you: I spent the last five months here catching up with a lots of friends –you can’t imagine how hard is to keep social contacts when you’re sealed inside a temple. Yes, I so have a social life. One day, I will introduce you to Homer: Nice guy, that Chimera, though sometimes it’s hard to keep tracks of all his talking heads... Poor dear, he ended up in a carillon box. Talk about worse fate than mine...” [ALT-TEXT: Yes, Homer is the character from ‘The Not-So Dynamic Duo’ fancomic.]. This time, unlike his other manifestations, he sported a t-shirt reading ‘QUE PASA?’ “What can I do for ya, pal? And please, do not suggest anything nasty to myself.”
On the screen, a stylized icon of an angry corgi head baloon-spoke ‘Joel. Why?’
Pete leaned back against his chair, feet leaning on the desktop surface. “I may be omniscient, pup, but I swore to leave your mind and soul alone for the rest of your non-subjective lifetime. Sooo, try and be more specific?”
The icon flashed an angry red. Pete clucked with reproach. “Tsk. Netiquette, dear, netiquette. Anyway, I gave life to a perfect golem of your former self for three reasons: One, the fate portion of his soul had either to be given back or Two, it had to go somewhere else so to restore the natural balance while you became a dog in all respects. In this sense, G-Joel is a spitting image down to the last gene. I just used carbon, water and other minerals instead of clay, I mean that was so kosher.” ‘BIG DEAL’ read his shirt now.
“Three, and here I can only ask you a faith leap, believe me: Joel is so gonna turn up useful in the near future. Advantages of subjective time, mortals can’t get it.” His shirt now read ‘DADDY KNOWS BEST’. “Yes. It’s a favor. For both of us. Because I care.”
‘You’re good at caring for yourself ONLY. He will not remember anything, previously to becoming...me. He’ll be a grumpy, pesky, perhaps even vengeful human for all the wrong reasons. How use could he be?!’
“Tsk, luv: That would be spoiling. But if it’s of any consolation, I’ll send you the tickets for the arena. Final fight’s gonna draw some public, and I thought you’d appreciate a ringside ticket for you and your wife—“
"JUST GO SUCK AN EGG, YOU--%&#@%!!!!"
Pete jumped with a grimace, almost falling from his chair. He massaged his now aching ear. The computer’s flat monitor was smoking. “Sheesh, try and be civilized with these lesser creatures for once...” Then he leaned forward, arms crossed over the desk top. He was smiling. “On another occasion, your insolence would’ve made me quite angry, puny mortal, but I’ll let it pass this time. In fact, it amuses me. Keep being funny, patriarch, see you around.” The gryphon disconnected the chat, then clicked on an icon on the screen’s desktop. It showed a grey-furred cat grinning wickedly. “Hmm...New online game: The Highest Bet...” he rubbed his raptor’s paws in anticipation. His shirt displayed a big Dollar sign. “Very well, Mr. Nyado: I’ll take this challenge!”
---
With a sigh, King pulled off the headphone set and put it down on the desk. “Well, worth a try at least. Stupid demigods.” He then felt Bailey embrace him from behind.
“A demigod who made you one favor at least. And for that I won’t complain.” She nuzzled his ear.
King blushed, while rubbing her snout. She always saw the glass half-full, and it felt good that someone between the two of them was the wiser. “True that: But what I conquered in life since coming to the Gardens didn’t come from him. He won’t get me joining his weird cult. And neither our puppies...Yes?!” he barked at the door when they knocked.
The handle was lowered and the door was cracked open! “Whoops.”
“Told ya it was locked, you dummy!” Antares said to his twin, who still was holding the handle
“But he didn’t say not to open! And I knocked, just like Dad say we’re supposed to do!”
“They’re married, shatrov! Privacy and all?! Imagine if you pull something like that with Dad when he’s with Mom Maud!”
“By the way, that sounds so жахливий! Just ‘Mom’ will do.”
“Until we come up with something better.”
“Of course.”
Bailey’s eyes were going left and right, left and right, like tennis balls, in the attempt to keep up with that surreal dialogue. Eventually, she shook her head with a jingle of cow bells. King felt sorely tempted to bite their shins, but kept a polite grin on. “So, what can we do for you, big boys?”
Both canine heads turned as one, and both Foster twins said, “We’re looking for Pixel and Tulip!” Then, Antares, “We’re playing hide-and-seek.”
“They’re good at hiding,” Aldebaran added.
“Perhaps, too good,” Antares showed a worried expression.
“Sabrina will skin us if we don’t bring them back before sunset—“
*cow bells* “What do you mean, Pixel and Tulip?” Bailey asked. “Pixel is home, at Babylon Gardens.”
“She magicked her here of course,” both dogs said.
King facepawlmed. “Of course. Anyway, no, we didn’t see them. And don’t slam the door while—“ but of course they did, causing the wall to shake like during an earthquake. The desk rattled.
“Wonder how can Martin ever stand their antics...” King stood up and took his wife by her paw. “Milady, I think we have the rest of the afternoon for us before the dances. Shall we—ACK!” his attempt at chivalry was interrupted when the malamute literally lifted him up and put him over her shoulder like a fuzzy bag.
“Thought you’d never ask, silly,” she said.
Ok, not that he minded some lovely rude antics after all...
Once Bailey had reached the bedroom, she tossed the corgi onto the bed and—
“HOOFFF!!!” But that wasn’t King. It was...something under the sheets!
“Hey, did you want to kill us?!” said...a red-and-orange female kitten, emerging from the sheet, just as a black one was doing the same. Both stared indignantly at the two adults who, in turn, were trying to understand if they were hallucinating.
“And just when did you two—“ King started to say, but thought better than that. “Nevermind. Just leave us alone. And don’t come back. Please?”
“Hon, don’t be rude,” Bailey chided him. “You know our girls will be as much stubborn and intraprendent as you.”
“Yokay!” Tulip said, swishing her tail in that fashion that characterized cats when they were up to something sneaky. “But first Pixel wanted to show you a thing, right sis?”
Pixel nodded enthusiastically as much as adorably, with a large smile.
Bailey bent forward, paws on her thighs. “Aw, so show us! I can’t wait to see it. Can’t you too, hon?” she added to the corgi, with a toothy smile that promised mayhem in case of negative answer.
He tried his best diplomatic grin. “...Sure. Come on, let’s see.”
With a motion of her paw, Pixel activated the photonic curtain. King refrained from saying that they knew about that feature already. In fact, Bailey had written a very pretty letter and sent it to her former owner...
Pixel pressed her palm against the curtain and that opened a menu. She selected ‘dog games’ from the options. Before King could object, quickly the black kitten had chosen a nice, bright tennis ball made of silvery light.
Bailey’s eyes went wide with interest. Pixel programmed the ball to ‘Superbounce Xtreme’
Then Pixel grabbed the object...and threw it! The virtual ball acted exactly like a real one, even bouncing off the walls’ sensors and following random patterns in mid-air.
King gritted his teeth, his body shaking, while his eyes followed the photonic ball. “Why...you little...meddling...” Then he just lost it! Barking crazy, the Corgi ran after it, trying in vain to get his prey, soon filling the air with the sounds of crashing objects and upturned chairs.
“I guess I should’ve thought of that, instead of the gym,” Bailey commented from the parapet.
---
Security ward antechamber

“Think he’ll be mad at us?” Alcor asked while their chips were being processed. “I mean, much.”
The humans nodded, handed a ‘VISITOR’ badge to each of the two cats, and accompanied them to the reinforced sliding door.
“Nah,” Sabrina said. “I know him. He can make the best of being confined in a tiny box. If he were a genie of the lamp, he’d grant infinite wishes just to enjoy creating the funnies.”
The door slid open. “Somehow that is not a comforting thought, dear...” Then his frown turned to a half-smile. “But again, I tend to forget that he was your ex.”
“Hey, guys! You sure took long enough for a visit,” Maxwell greeted them...from the center of the room, in the company of the other animals destined to Liberation. They were all sitting in a circle and playing cards!
At that moment, a baby raccoon lifted his paw, triumphantly holding a joker card in it. “Joker poker!”
Max’s eyes went to the cards scattered on the floor. “Ah, kick it! I got distracted, you sneaky little thing!” he wiggled an admonishing finger at him. “Well, remember that now you must use it for a poker only, or you must give it to me.”
The father raccoon, over whose lap the baby was sitting, scratched his head. “Uh, wasn’t he supposed just to keep the card until he had three other cards for a poker?”
Max rolled his eyes. “Yes, but that was so before there was a rules update. They happen, like, every twenty minutes.” He then buried his face into his 15-cards hand that threatened to fall from ihis paws any moment now. “And don’t you guys cheat: I can count between seconds!”
“This guy’s cool,” a bluish male cat said to the newcomers. “He beat up Fluffygator, once. I was a kitten when that beast terroriized the neighborhood.”
“Oh, so he did?” Sabrina said, walking toward the circle. “And what else came up? That he’s father of a proud dinasty of ruling strays?”
“No,” Canon the raccoon said. “But you must be his ex-girlfriend, righ? Sabrina. He described you pretty well...” He then giggled, imitated by the other assembled animals.
She succeeded in blushing heavily despite her jet-black fur. Her eyes were shooting daggers at her ex-boyfriend. “You didn’t dare, you...”
Max whistled innocently. “What? Free speech was not a crime last time I checked. Oh, and please retract your claws: You can’t touch me, I’m a poor victim about to be relocated on a safer shore.”
Sabrina facepawlmed, at the same time serrating her other paw in a trembling fist. “Why didn’t I just go to Fido first thing first?”
“I could list you a series of reasons, cherie,” Max said, flashing his special grin. “First one, me being super babe-magnet. Second one, same thing. But you can still change your swing if you want to—“ Suddenly, he grimaced with pain as his head snapped rightward! “Ow! Ow ow ow! Luv, one can’t even tease? My pride is at stake here, please! And I have one good ear left!”
Only Sabrina and Alcor could see the green anthropomorphic dragon pulling the cat’s ear. And she did not look happy. <You keep ‘teasing’ like that, love, and I’ll make sure you stay confined at that island until your fur grows gray!>
While Max kept discussing with an invisible entity, Canon looked at Sabrina. “He keeps doing that since coming here. I see why you broke up with him.” He nodded sagely.
“No! *I* broke up with her! Ow ow ow!”
---
SkyLounge Bar

“Of course, you two weren’t here by coincidence.”
“Very perceptive, Mr. Bond,” Oxana Darynivna Matviyenko said, lifting her gaze from her drink. Same did Estrella Delasangre, but with a knowing smile. “Please, join us since you are here,” the Ukrainian businesswoman went on. She waited until Martin had sat down before calling to a passing waiter. “What will it be? Vodka Martini, shaken not stirred?”
“Actually, yes,” the man smiled back. “Always wanted to try that.”
The red-jacketed waiter nodded and took note. “Shall I serve something for your dogs as well, Sir?” His eyes went rapidly to the big black fuzzy pillars dutifully waiting by the private room’s entrance.
Martin just waved in dismissal. “No, they’re good. Thank you.”
After the waiter had left, Martin said to Oxana, “Apparently, in your presence they really want to make an impression.”
“Admittedly, I expect no less from former students of my academies. Don’t worry, they won’t betray you for my sake.”
“I wasn’t worried, Miss Matv—“
“Oxana, please. We’re working on the same side, after all.”
Martin was just glad that his mood was basically happy, because he felt like he was signing contracts with the devil. With his own blood. “My idea of animal welfare doesn’t pass from exporting guns to animals.”
“Equal rights and carefully planned adoptions will bring them so far only,” Estrella said. “Señor Foster, Oasia lays in the middle of Mexico, in a territory that drug cartels and pet fight ringleaders are fighting for control. A population whose only weapons are of bodily nature is destined to succumb soon, easy as that.”
“You could’ve chosen another place. You don’t lack the resources.”
Estrella sipped her drink. “Said the man who built his shelter on the very ground an animal lager stood.”
To that, Martin couldn’t object. And then, just as if the Latin woman was reading his mind, she said, “Believe it or not, I was inspired by your example. You proved that a horrible place can be converted into something better. And my resources, for how much large, couldn’t have covered the construction of a whole city. Not as rapidly as Piper wanted; and so, we decided to put Isla de la Paz to a better use. Which includes its safety.”
“Mr. Foster,” Oxana said. “Please don’t insult your intelligence by saying that animals are incapable to learn using weapons or own them.”
“I will not. And just because I am aware that animals do not represent a single mind apart, that I’m worried that a capillary diffusion of guns and knives to the citizens of Oasia could represent a massive security threat. Because you will not be limiting yourself to arm security forces only, right?”
Estrella smiled. “You know, it’s so funny.”
“What?”
“Seeing you producing such blockbusters in your mind. I wonder how can such a paranoid individual build such a benevolent institution like your shelter and PAID.”
Martin blinked. “I’m sorry?”
“Estrella is trying to say,” Oxana intervened, “that only security will be thoroughly trained and armed. Granted, it will be a large force, to be reckoned with…but only they will benefit of a fully military schooling.”
“Oh.”
Estrella nodded. “Yes. Oh. Seriously, Señor, what good could ever came from arming persons who have lived through traumas of every sort? Strays whose lifestyle has always been open diffidence toward their own species as well? Former pet fighters who have lived through hell? Natural-born ferals who can see their natural competitors in other species?”
Martin felt like facepalming. Now he knew why Maud had let him go alone when he had told her he wanted another private chat with these women: He needed yet another lesson.
“Don’t be so hard on yourself,” Estrella said with the first expression of sympathy to him that day…well, evening now. “If you want to make sure that we can work together instead of seeing each other as rivals, why don’t you think of something to help my…urban enterprise and leave a mark, yourself?”
Martin frowned. “Other than letting you use PAID to look out for the most suitable future citizens?”
She nodded.
Martin focused on that problem. PAID could be extended to the rest of the Americas, with time. But he didn’t need to be told to do that, it was a project in the work already. What could he offer to Oasia, specifically, in terms of support..?
“Logistic,” was the first word that came to mind. “The new Maya Airport, largest in the world.”
Estrella nodded. “The Milton Industries will provide the materials to make it a safe place, considering its position in geological terms. But that too may not be enough.”
Martin bit his lower lip. An international harbor for animals coming from all over the world. In a geologically unstable area that used to be the bottom of a lake… It needed E.R., trained medical staff, everything Martin was already testing every day at the shelter…only, on a larger scale.
“I see you understand,” Estrella said. “Many businessmen could provide that, but you are not only the one with experience, but also a partner of GMF. You can do it better and faster. Thanks to you all, the Maya Airport will be ready and safe for our furry travelers in no time. It will then become a part of the most important pet-friendly transportation and touristic network such as Meirweather Island, and after that, hopefully, the Kingdoms of Buwara and Feraga will join. And being the largest scale, in a strategic position, Maya will also provide important contacts with the Eastern countries such as with Japan and China, thus showing everybeast, forgive me the term, that change is going on… Now do you see the picture…Martin?” She had spoken calmly, in an almost sensual voice, her eyes sparkling with passion.
Martin saw the picture, indeed. He didn’t even waste time kicking himself for looking at the tree instead of the forest. He was too busy thinking that what had started as a local shelter was turning into part of making history! Connection after connection, animals could expand their territory into legalities, into equality.
Martin sighed -if only he could live long enough to see the full realization of it all… But even knowing that the seeds were there, ready to flourish, was a reward in itself. “Miss Delasangre, Estrella, I think it will be a honor to work with you. Even if I can’t still call you ‘friend’,”
“I’ll live with that.” She stood up. “Now, please, let’s get dressed for the ball.”
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I love this update so far. I just can't get enough!
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

As you can see, I have nothing better to do. I have spent an hour or two just uploading this to the way back machine.

http://web.archive.org/web/201409122316 ... f=13&t=563

That is every page of this thread, and every link on the first page. Yep, I don't have a life, so I just uploaded while trying not to read to avoid spoilers. And I was really tempted to read. At least I know I still have months of reading ahead of me.

Also, have some words from Rick.

"Hey everyone, I’m starting out the comic in a M-W-F schedule, though I’ll be trying to work up a solid enough backlog to get a 5-day schedule in time.

This site needs a little cleanup still; I will be working on it.

Remember, this comic is PG, so keep it clean down there!"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm guessing that Rick never had enough time to make the comic 5 days?
valerio

Post by valerio »

dtlux1 wrote:As you can see, I have nothing better to do. I have spent an hour or two just uploading this to the way back machine.

That is every page of this thread, and every link on the first page. Yep, I don't have a life, so I just uploaded while trying not to read to avoid spoilers. And I was really tempted to read. At least I know I still have months of reading ahead of me.

"Hey everyone, I’m starting out the comic in a M-W-F schedule, though I’ll be trying to work up a solid enough backlog to get a 5-day schedule in time.

I am quite honored by your efforts! Thank you very much, now I'm in the web's history yay :D :D :D
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

Yay, haven't have such a long yet eventful episode; hopefully, we get to know what happen back at BG...and that shirt! Will Pete enter the world in his teenage geek outfit?

Master Hubert, hmm. Was he the mysterious entity being involved as the third-party since the beginning of this season?

And Homer too. He (or they) may be dealing with the Premont sisters, but how about the Cake sisters? [ALT-TEXT: the fact that both sister duos are strikingly similar in character suggest that chimera seems to have a preference for these kinds. Make one wonder what type of class he intended before being sealed away.]
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
valerio

Post by valerio »

kavviyenta wrote:Yay, haven't have such a long yet eventful episode; hopefully, we get to know what happen back at BG...and that shirt! Will Pete enter the world in his teenage geek outfit?

Master Hubert, hmm. Was he the mysterious entity being involved as the third-party since the beginning of this season?

And Homer too. He (or they) may be dealing with the Premont sisters, but how about the Cake sisters? [ALT-TEXT: the fact that both sister duos are strikingly similar in character suggest that chimera seems to have a preference for these kinds. Make one wonder what type of class he intended before being sealed away.]
I am planning to make the next update the last for this episode, then back to the Gardens, and then back to our heroes at Meriweather.
And no, Hubert is the character currently appearing in Sunset Plateau and Blue Peak Shore RPs.
Homer, for now, remains a quote. I liked the guy despite one appearance so far, hadn't read about him and the Cake sisters. I won't indulge with him furthermore to avoid misinterpretations.
Cataloochee

Post by Cataloochee »

VIVA MÉXICO
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

valerio wrote:
dtlux1 wrote:As you can see, I have nothing better to do. I have spent an hour or two just uploading this to the way back machine.

I am quite honored by your efforts! Thank you very much, now I'm in the web's history yay :D :D :D
You're welcome. I even made sure you could get to it from the Housepets main page. (Yep, there is where the no life thing comes into play again :D )

EDIT!

I just finished page 9, and I have to say, I added music to that last part in my head while reading.

It was just like a movie. The music playing while Grape turned back, and then Spot destroying the tower after setting everyone free, my head just added music as if I was watching a movie. Thank you, as this is the only story to ever do that for me. I actually did cry a little at that part, and I have NEVER done that before from just READING something.

Don't know if that needed a spoiler, as that was 50 pages ago, but I will put one anyways.

EDIT EDIT

And as I read final part of season 1, I am adding the Phoenix Wright prologue case closed music. It is great. (Yep, a gas leak...)

KING! You know how to make a blue bird mad. I LOVE IT! :D

EDIT EDIT EDIT

"This meant two things: either the little guy was a feral, or he had been ‘cleaned’ for some shady purpose.
And now he had disappeared from the hospital’s clinic as well.
Okay, panic! Elisabeth’s hand flew to the telephone. She called security, telling them to check room 404 and make sure the patient remained there, although she was fairly sure it was too late. She then called Directorate.
The fire began to spread."

Really? Room 404? ROOM 404! Might as well say 'He's Dead Jim.' The patient you are looking for could not be found, please make sure you typed the information in correctly. :D
valerio

Post by valerio »

OVER 250,000 HITS!
Guys, I love you! Thank you so much!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Congratulations Val! :D
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Congrats my friend! :D
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

I'm incrementally (finally) starting to catch up and am definitely not the first (or last) to praise how well-written this story is! Aside from the entertaining plot, the dialogue is very genuine (including the details of what each character is contemplating at the moment) and the imagery pulls you right in. Congrats on reaching a quarter of a million!
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

valerio wrote:OVER 250,000 HITS!
Guys, I love you! Thank you so much!
Congratulations, may you reach many more for a great story. Good luck with this great story, even if you don't need it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Congratulations valerio! We love you also!
Cataloochee

Post by Cataloochee »

you make great story, so you get great results
valerio

Post by valerio »

A word of gratitude for RICK GRIFFIN, who keeps fueling my imagination with his awesome comic.
A word of gratitude for ARTY STU, who realized this fantastic piece to help me celebrate the 250,000 hits of this ficcie.
A word of gratitude for my readers old and new who keep being awesome and keep up with my written rants.
Here's a toast to a long road together!^^

(Also, MEGA-YAY, this pics alsto celebrates the merging of part of HOUSPETS! 1X's cast with my ficcie. *bows to Stu*)