SRP - STEELHAVEN

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

deepskycyan

Re: SRP - STEELHAVEN

Post by deepskycyan »

Ashleigh stood on the gangway, facing the dull metal warship. The STEELHAVEN was massive; it towered over her like a skyscraper. She calmly paced towards the entrance, barely concealing her excitement. She stepped into the spacious entrance hall and saw multiple corridors leading to every location on the ship. The cat strode towards the corridor marked 'LIVING CHAMBERS' but stopped short, and hastily pulled out a datapad from her pocket.
"Huh...orientation...all crew members..."
She swirled around gracefully, slipped the tablet back into her pack and headed towards the corridor labelled 'BRIDGE'.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Legotron123 wrote:Liz watched Colorado leave before turning back to the hologram. Lets move on to the next one. Lieutenant Junior Grade Barry Stephens. Stubborn and watchful of everything and anything around him. A security officer, he feels his job requires him to be cold and apathetic. Sound like someone you know corp? He was assigned here as...... She paused. As punishment for disobeying his commanding officer?!? Gee, that says a lot about what they think of me. So what'd he too? It says he chose to save someone's daughter instead of continuing the chase for a criminal. Liz and Noah had looks of confusion. What class was the criminal? If they were above class five then it makes sense, but other wise he took the right course of action. It doesn't say. That seems odd.
"A lot of things don't make it to reports," Corp grunted. "Usually the type of thing people don't want known. For half an encounter to make it to report is decidedly odd and doesn't give us much to go on." Corp straightened up slightly. "I'll need to find out from him variables like where the rest of his team was before I decide if he's to be my deputy or the one I assign to guard the bodily waste reclamation facility. And that's not a joke," he added darkly.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Unless you think insignia wants to steal our bodily fluids, that's a bit disproportionate corp. She stood up. Well, I'm going to head to the bridge. See you there. With that, she and Lewis pressed the short range teleportation buttons and their watches and gloves respectively. Once there, she sat down in her captains chair, which was on a platform above the rest of the bridge. As Lewis stood next to her, she looked down at the assembled recruits, waiting for them to notice her.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado turns around upon hearing the teleportation noise, "Ahh Captain! So good to see you...again! He walks up to them with his arms held wide but thinks better of it, remembering what the Security Chief had said and backs up folding his arms across his chest
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Never liked that way of travel," Corp stated to no-one. He closed the door behind him, went to the security office and picked up his security helmet. With its optically enhanced visor that covered his eyes he hoped he was intimidating in it but it wasn't totally appropriate for this 'civic' thing so he carried it under his arm as he marched quickly to the bridge and stood to attention near the back. It was a place he knew well,of course, even if he wasn't totally comfortable here. This was commands place of power, not his.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Barry saw the captain teleport in and sit down. He stood at attention as he faced the captain. Noticing that a few were still not paying attention to the captain showing up he said in a raised voice Attention, the Captain is on the bridge!" He felt like he might be over acting with his military like attitude, But since the last squad he was in was more militaristic it came naturally to him to salute his new Captain.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Dr. Rain and his Team walked into the bridge and looked up at the captain.
I was really looking forward to sitting in the captain's chair before she got here *sigh*
Dr. Rain said with a hint of depression.
Blitz nodded and placed a digit over his lips.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp angled himself slightly at Doctor Rains' comment and gave him the slightest of looks before resuming his stance. The way Lieutenant Stephens was still saluting and awaiting the return salute from the Captain showed there was hope there, he supposed.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Right, men. Give her the salute!
Blitz and his fellow testers salute to the captain. Dr. Rain grudgingly did the same.

Blitz was actually surprised Dr. Rain got so far as a full salute. But how long could he hold it?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado smiled and gave the captain an informal two-fingered salute, raising his fingers to his temple and the bringing them down, much like a wave. "So what's the first order of business for orientation?"
Last edited by Deske on Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Drake wrote:"Yes sadly I am." Barry responded "I was transferred about four days ago to be your babysitter"
Dan looked confused. "M-Me? Y-you mean the e-entire crew a-actually, right? H-how can t-that be bad?" He says rubbing under his muzzle. "S-Surely-"

He was stopped by someone entering the bridge and walking up to them, a big husky.
Deske wrote:"Hey! I suppose you two are part of the crew as well?"
Dan was about to reply, again, when yet another sound stops him.. and suddenly the captain was right there! Also, what looked like a large rat walked in the door. and stood in a guarding position. He looked to be head of security..
Drake wrote:"Attention, the Captain is on the bridge!"
Barry shouting like that made Dan jump, but then he jerked straight and saluted using the wrong arm. Earnest also stood and saluted the captain.

Also, a man who looked like a scientist walked in with a group of soldiers and dog in a strange outfit. They all saluted.
Deske wrote:Colorado smiled and gave the captain an informal two-fingered salute, raising his fingers to his temple and then bringing them down, much like a wave. "So what's the first order of business for orientation?"
Dan stared, astounded at the new dog, almost forgetting to salute. What's that guy thinking!? that's the captain he's talking to! He thought. I bet she's not going to be happy with that..
Last edited by ~\Rook/~ on Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Liz returned Colorados shake. I give a dramatic speech and Lewis shows you around. Please sit down there for the full effect. I'm waiting for one more person before we start. Liz whispered, making sure that the rest of the crew didn't hear her.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

By the time Ash made it to the bridge, the room was already packed with people and animals alike, all saluting and starting up towards the open sky. ''Sorry I'm late, I may have gotten a little lost. This ship really is like a maze.'' She whispered, not to anyone in particular. One, maybe two heads turned towards the feline, then turned back towards the raised platform. Ash followed their gaze and spotted the captain sitting comfortably upon said platform. Avoiding any sudden movements she slowly raised her arm to her forehead and slipped into the crowd.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Now Corp relaxed, just a hair. He'd review the security camera feeds later but, if anyone was likely to try anything, it'd likely be someone new in high rank and now they were all here where he could see them. He'd checked into them as much as he could beforehand and they seemed OK but... His pistol was still in an untrapped holster close to his hand. He didn't think anyone would try anything - they didn't seem the sort but he liked to take no chances after the kidnapping of the last Doctor. He put himself 'at ease'.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado whispers back, "Ha ha, alright Captain." He grins, sitting himself back into a chair and pretending to listen over-intently. He was listening of course, but he might have been playing it up a bit. Hearing the small sound of someone stepping through the door, quite easy with everyone being nearly silent for the Captain, Colorado takes a glance over his shoulder, sporting a cat slowly raise her arm in salute, blending in with the crowd. There's our last guest. He thinks to himself before returning his gaze to the Captain
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

After making sure no one was talking Liz activated the microphone in the chair. At ease. She said, waiting for everyone to stop saluting. Welcome new recruits, to the STEELHAVEN. An emperion class ship with the job of refueling space stations and colony's across the galaxy. Now when you think "orientation" you probably think of the little "get to know you" games you played on the first day of elementary school. But nope, here orientation means I give you a rundown of what we do and maybe an encouraging speech. Not even gonna sugarcoat it, that's honestly what it says to do in the file they give you when you become a captain. Now you might think that being stuck on what amounts to a glorified cargo ship might be incredibly boring, but it isn't. We get attacked by rebels and pirates who expect an easy fight where they just have to scare us into surrendering in order to get what we have in storage. She smirked. What they don't expect is having to fight a hangers worth of mecha, attack ships, and power suits. You have no idea how fun it is to see that shocked look on their face when they realize how screwed they are. It is GLORIOUS. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. We also answer distress signals, help defend stations from attack, and sometimes we even go on exploration missions. And if all of that sounds boring, then I want to know what you think is fun. Any questions? Otherwise, my son Lewis will show you your work stations and habilitation suites.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp listened to the speech as he had before. The standard 'you're in trouble but work together - being friends and we'll get through this' type of speech delivered with a little more panache than most Captains did. She'd handled the over-enthusiastic Medic well, as he knew she would. Better than him but he supposed that was why she was Captain and he wasn't. That and the fact he didn't trust anyone. Trust was pretty useful for a Captain, he supposed. He wondered when Stephens would be clear to talk with him.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Legotron123 wrote:After making sure no one was talking Liz activated the microphone in the chair. At ease. She said, waiting for everyone to stop saluting. Welcome new recruits, to the STEELHAVEN. An emperion class ship with the job of refueling space stations and colony's across the galaxy. Now when you think "orientation" you probably think of the little "get to know you" games you played on the first day of elementary school. But nope, here orientation means I give you a rundown of what we do and maybe an encouraging speech. Not even gonna sugarcoat it, that's honestly what it says to do in the file they give you when you become a captain. Now you might think that being stuck on what amounts to a glorified cargo ship might be incredibly boring, but it isn't. We get attacked by rebels and pirates who expect an easy fight where they just have to scare us into surrendering in order to get what we have in storage. She smirked. What they don't expect is having to fight a hangers worth of mecha, attack ships, and power suits. You have no idea how fun it is to see that shocked look on their face when they realize how screwed they are. It is GLORIOUS. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. We also answer distress signals, help defend stations from attack, and sometimes we even go on exploration missions. And if all of that sounds boring, then I want to know what you think is fun. Any questions? Otherwise, my son Lewis will show you your work stations and habitation suites.
Dr. Rain let his arm fall as he quarterheartedly (thats half of halfheartedly) listened to the captain's speech.

Blitz on the other hand smiled at the word "mecha" and wondered if Dr. Rain had heard... Nope, he was busy writing on a notepad.
Blitz had no questions, so he remained silent.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado smiled widely again, excited at the prospect of exploration, but also eager to see where he would be working and probably studying. He wonder how the crew would take to him and each other.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Stephens could not think of any particular question important to him, he figured any information that was important. Such as where he would be sleeping, any thing about where he was assigned he figured would be talked over later when he reported to his new commanding officer.
"Are there trained crew members for using those mechs? I was not trained to use one where I was last stationed. He was speaking the truth, his last assignment had no need for a mech suit. Even if it was, he was part of a transport team in his academy and military time before this.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I need to speak with you when you're free, Captain," Corp stated. "A minor bit of ships' business."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'm in charge of the mech department. I've got 4 professional mech pilots and however many trainee mech pilots are on board. Dr. Rain replied.
And I'll be the teacher for anyone who wants to learn how to pilot mechs. Blitz added.
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sounds like it could be fun, maybe I'll take him up on that offer. He thinks about it for a bit, leaning back in his chair, waiting for Lewis. "Great speech Captain, I loved it."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Since the speech is over, I'm free right now. What's up? Liz said as Lewis walked up to the group of recruits when they finished talking. Hello my name is lieutenant Lewis Walker. I'm here to show you to your habilitation suites so you can drop any stuff you might have off, then show you your work stations, and finally show you all the restaurants, stores and other recreational facilities. Let's go.

---A short walk later---

Lewis led the group down a hallway and stopped in front of three doors. Here we are. Ernest and Dan lionheart, you have suit 283. Dr Rain and blitz, you have suite 284. And Ashleigh, Barry, and Colorado, you all share suite 285. Any questions?

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp waited until the others had left. "I need some search warrants, Captain." He sighed. "A short time before you called me to your office, the local Colony Police contacted me. It, er, seems they've had a burst of shoplifting," he explained, parting his hands and bringing them together repeatedly. "Nothing too serious. Small, expensiv, items. A computer drive here, an outfit there... Anyhow, they checked the security cameras from the shops. Engineer Talba showed up on three of them at around the times the items were taken. I plan to ask her about it in VERY short order, Captain, but I'd rather try to find the items - or lack of, of course - beforehand so I need to search her room, her locker and her workspace, Captain."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

And you three can sleep in the mechs where your out of the way! Dr. Rain said to the other 3. No, they've got 286. Blitz said as he looked over Lewis' shoulder at the pad for the other pilot's names.
And this place has restaurants? Blitz asked.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I could go for some food, but it will have to wait, I'm more excited to see where I'll be living and working." He claps his hands together, once again donning his grin and following Lewis
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Ash sniffed. She would much rather be placed into a room on her own, but reminded herself that she'd been sharing rooms with five times more people when she was in the military. Yep, roommates weren't a problem, as long as they kept the peace, that is. God knows what she would do to them if they were to step out of line.
She tapped her feet impatiently, eager to explore the rest of the ship.
Well, Blitz and doctor Rain has got the tech department covered, Vanderbilt's doing the med stuff, Stephens is babysitting... I wonder what position they'll assign me to? The occupation description was awfully vague. I've got command and combat experience, but that's about it. I guess we'll wait and see... Ashleigh thought.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado scanned the group for Ashleigh and, upon spotting her, walked over to her, "Hey new roommate!" He throws his arm around her "So! I guess we're going to be roommates now! You're Ashleigh right? NIce to meet you, I'm Lieutenant Vanderbilt, but you can just call me Colorado. I never was one for such formalities. Do you know who Barry is? I never got a chance to see him before the orientation..."
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Ugh. Too friendly. Not one for formalities eh? Being a joker doesn't get you far in life, unless you're a comedian. And yet he outranks me. Astonishing. Ashleigh thought as she shrugged Colorado's arm off her shoulders.

"Yes, I'm Junior Lieutenant Serge...Ashleigh...and it's nice to meet you too?...Colorado?" She replied dubiously.
"And to answer your question, no, I don't suppose I know him any better than you do. I just happen to know that he's in charge of security, that's all."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thank you, Captain," Corp remarked after the formalities were observed, "I'll get this done now." He gave her a salute and headed out. Once he cleared the bridge he tapped the commlink he kept o his wrist to call his acting deputy. "Yancy, it's cleared with the Captain. You take the locker and I'll take the bunk. Whichever of us sees her brings her in for questioning. Skip the arrest for now."

He waited for the assent before he pushed his helmet down over his head so the only part of his face showing was the muzzle, his eyes hidden under the visor as the hearing system activated so he could hear as normal. He checked his shok-prod was still operational and pushed it back into the belt loop after turning it off. "Make way people," he said as he edged past the group outside the dorms as he headed for 276. He'd seen Stephens but he'd not spoken to him yet. Let him get settled in first, Corp thought. He used his security override to gain entry and commenced his search, using the list the Colony officers had sent him.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Erf, sorry..." He smiles sheepishly dropping his arm down to his side. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or anything...Well it was nice to meet you Lieutenant Serge." He smiles a bit less and gives her an informal salute, trying to salvage what he could so that it wouldn't be hard living with her.
Last edited by Deske on Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Actually it's quite comfy in some of the mecha cockpits. We have legitimately had problems in the past where people have fallen asleep in them. Anyways, doctor rain was it? Lewis said to the doctor with interest. I've read a bit about your work and, aside from the going over budget parts, was rather impressed. I look forward to seeing what you'll do in the future and getting your advice about how to improve our current mecha.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Dr. Rain gave a smile to the dog.
I can't help but go over budget. They give me $300 to work with on each mecha I build, and anything else comes out of my paycheck. Anyways, if you need improvement on your current line of golem 4's, you guys need to upgrade to golem 6. They were my first design and it was still better than the ones you guys--
Dr. Rain was cut off by a paw over his muzzle.
He means the military hasn't supplied you with current mech golems in awhile. You should head to the nearest military base and trade in your old models for new ones. Blitz cut in. He removed his paw from Dr. Rain's mouth and stepped back. Dr. Rain gave Blitz a quizzical look and turned back. The golem 4's look like they were built by monkeys.
Blitz facepawed.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Having finished his small scale search in a matter of moments, due to there being nowhere easy to hide items in a small shared bunk room, Corp took a piece of paper from a pocket pouch and wiped his gloves. He put the paper in his pocket and exited the room, coming to face the group outside their rooms. "Everything alright here, people?" he asked the group generally.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Absolutely wonderful, my good man! Dr. Rain said, patting the security officer's shoulder and wrapping his arm around him.
Personal space, Dr. Rain. Blitz reminded him.
Ugh, you people and your "bubble space".
Deske

Post by Deske »

"So Lewis where are we headed next? Or when are we going to get to see our living arrangements? I want some time before takeoff to eat. It's always annoying when the artificial gravity cuts off for takeoff and my chicken decides to fly about." He chuckles to himself, more joking than anything, just interested to see the rest of the ship.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp decided to have a word with the Doctor in private later. He had to admit he liked someone who covered his nerves with jokes that tried to improve morale but he did, it seemed, need to set him straight on one or two things like the correct way to address an officer when there were others around. As for the moment he gave the slightest hint of a smile and waited for the Lieutenant to respond to the query.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Blitz nudged Dr. Rain with a salute to the security officer.
Dr. Rain groaned and gave a salute the officer.
Now was that so hard?
Dr. Rain let his arm fall limp.
My arm feels like its gotten stiff.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hmm," Corp grunted, giving them the salute back. "Don't bother doing that with m often. I'm a Commander but I consider myself outside the Command chain."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie