Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hotep the psychic

Re: Redwall

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Trevor and james soon approached the badger lord to exchange all information found, only small differences showed between the twos reports. "its best to assume that what we do should be done with caution. The camp may be old now in a very militarized fashion but that doesn't mean that they moved far. They could even be watching us." trevor said
"also we might as well be watch full above since it is bird's we are going against. If we enter towns we should have lookout it's best we watch our actions and what we do. But it's your choice my Lord" James said after.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Good lads!" Brock says, pleased, before turning his attention back to managing the search.
"Did you not already enter the town, James? I was under the impression that you had."

==========
"Morning, Alexander!" greets Brum.
"Well, join the club. I'm going to teach Owain and Sara to read at some stage. Would you care to join us, Aldryd, Alexander?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Sure. How has everyone's morning been?" Alexander asked, walking over and standing next to Brum.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

"I am not sure I met all of you." Calder said once everyone got inside.
"Well good morning"
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I wonder," Peter said loudly, obviously not wondering as he was broaching the subject, "If I were to offer half my cheese ration - I don't really like cheese - to the Hare who resisted raiding us for food for the longest time, would it stop them raiding us you think, Charles?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I say get a switch and smack the paws that come close. If you disobey your superior after he's told you to wait, then a smack to the paw is a good way to set it straight. Charles replied.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hotep the psychic

"i only saw from the outside. but even though it seems empty i still have my doubts." james answered
ImageImageImage
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd Smiled, "Yes,teach me." he said, "I would like to be able to use an almanac."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Great! I'll have to borrow some supplies from the school before I start teaching you... When is convenient for all of you?"

==========
"What sort of doubts?" Brock queries.
"Do we know for sure what kind of birds attacked the group? Have we any physical evidence of them? I want to know as much as possible about who we're up against before we go after them."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Trevor pulls a feather from under his cloak. "this is a ravens feather of the right wing. it was found when we first found charles here. are there others? possibley yes." trevor said "im doubting there to be any villagers left in the village i scouted. it seemed as if that was already a target that is done with" james said
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Great! I'll have to borrow some supplies from the school before I start teaching you... When is convenient for all of you?"
"I guess anytime is good for me"
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

"Mind if I join.?" Aaron asks Brum. "I never learned to read."
I'm losing my grip on sanity one finger at a time.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"My crops are all tended to." Aldryd shrugged, sitting down with a rough oof, "I am free for a while."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Anytime is fine with me." Alexander said, rubbing his arm.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain grinned. "Any'un brung an afal fer the athrawes... uh, teach'r?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Is that what they mean by talk soft and carry a stick?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Is that what they mean by talk soft and carry a stick?"
I guess so... Charles replied.
So do you like ringing the abbey bells? Charles asked.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, certainly," Peter replied, keeping an eye on a hare who thought he was being stealthy, "it's a very important job. Some of the beasts in the field wouldn't know how the day was passing if it weren't for the bell. I see you there, mister Hare. I appreciate it may seem boring, little Brother, but it's better to be useful, yeah?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ravens? They've not been seen in these parts in many turns of the seasons... If they've captured that town already then we definitely need to find out where they've gone though. How though? We can't track them through the air and we can't check every nook and cranny of Mossflower Woods..."

==========
"Of course not, Aron. We'd love to have you. So... we're doing this now, are we? Okay, cool. Why don't we go down to Cavern Hole then? It'll be much more comfortable for this number of creatures down there."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yeah... Charles replied. Charles watched the badger lord speak to the rangers.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"So tell me about your brother," Peter urged. ""Your real brother, of course. Not how fierce he is but how fun."
---------------------------------------------------------
"Can' b'lieve a beaut'ful place like this has a cav'rn, aye," Owain said.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Well... When he's not working, my brother and I throw knives at apples. He's better at it than I am, though...
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, I bet he has years more experience," Peter said with a smile as he tried not to think of flying knives and slapped a Hare's hand.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Sounds like a good plan." Alexander agreed, stretching.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles glared at the hare, but sighed.
Maybe we should just go back to the abbey. We're not really helping. I don't even see our guards...
Hotep the psychic

"we wont have to search everywhere. just follow the attacks to the hideaway if possible. or get captured"trevor said looking around
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Something the Fishers would always say," Peter told Charles, "was that waiting was the most important part."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, it's not actually a cavern - in fact I've no idea why we call it that. It's actually a spacious but surprisingly cosy room. I'll have to grab some supplies from teh school before we start anyway so shall we go down?" Brum offers Owain her shoulder to lean on again.

==========
"That's because you're not looking in the right direction." Tamm says brightly from behind Charles.
"Indeed. It's all about misdirection and camouflage. Duck and weave and all that, doncha know?" answers Biff from behind Peter.

"I don't think getting captured would work. How would you then tell us where you are? Certainly following the attacks might help but I doubt they'd be so foolish as to just lead us right back to their hiding spot. I think the best thing to do for now would be to head back to the abbey, regroup, and find out more about the quarry and this drey and see if we can't dig up anything on the birds while we're at it.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Soun's a good name f'r a big place," Owain admitted, accepting the shoulder as his feet began to irritate him again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ack!" peter said, turning to Biff with a grin. "Swine!" He admonished. "You're better than the others at that."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles smiled at the officers behind him, but quickly places a paw over the provisions.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"yes of course" Sara said , following the others out of the library
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd stood and cracked his neck to either side before relaxing in place, "Lead us." he said gruffly, crossing his arms across his chest
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh. Years more practise, my boy, that's all it is. Years of practise."
"Don't worry, Charles. We won't touch the provisions. We have more self-control than some of the others. Besides, we're on duty. We have more importan things to do than eating."
"Definitely, wot! Can't fight on a full stomach, don'tcha know? Not good for the ol' digestive processes, wot?"

=========
Brum gladly leads the group down the stairs. After a brief visit to the infirmary during which Owain's bandages are changed and fresh poultice is applied along with a stern admonishment from Evelyn about all the walking and dancing Owain had done the previous day and about the number of creatures crowding into her infirmary and getting in her way, the groups arrives in Cavern Hole. The room is smaller than Great Hall but can stil fit the bulk of if not all of the abbey dwellers. There are benches and seats in little alcoves along the walls and padded with cushions for creatures to sit and converse and several other tables and chairs are dotted around the floor. Through an archway, a set of stairs with the word "REDWALL" emblazoned one letter per step separates Cavern Hole from the Great Hall and it's down these stairs that the group descends into the room. The room is lit by the bright morning sunlight streaming in through the large windows as well as several lanterns in the alcoves and on tables. The effect is, as Brum had described, cosy while still being spacious. leaving her pupils to make themselves comfortable in an alcove, Brum heads out to the school room where she borrows slates, chalks and a basic alphabet book. Carrying her armful of supplies back to Cavern Hole, she passes them out the the waiting students.
"Who's ready to learn?" she enthuses.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles moved his paws from the bag.
What's it like in Salamandastron? Charles asked.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Al'aes lookin' t'learn from th' locals," Owain grinned.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Brum gladly leads the group down the stairs. After a brief visit to the infirmary during which Owain's bandages are changed and fresh poultice is applied along with a stern admonishment from Evelyn about all the walking and dancing Owain had done the previous day and about the number of creatures crowding into her infirmary and getting in her way, the groups arrives in Cavern Hole. The room is smaller than Great Hall but can stil fit the bulk of if not all of the abbey dwellers. There are benches and seats in little alcoves along the walls and padded with cushions for creatures to sit and converse and several other tables and chairs are dotted around the floor. Through an archway, a set of stairs with the word "REDWALL" emblazoned one letter per step separates Cavern Hole from the Great Hall and it's down these stairs that the group descends into the room. The room is lit by the bright morning sunlight streaming in through the large windows as well as several lanterns in the alcoves and on tables. The effect is, as Brum had described, cosy while still being spacious. leaving her pupils to make themselves comfortable in an alcove, Brum heads out to the school room where she borrows slates, chalks and a basic alphabet book. Carrying her armful of supplies back to Cavern Hole, she passes them out the the waiting students.
"Who's ready to learn?" she enthuses.
"I do ! " Sara relied enthusiastically , only to remember moments later that she did that in front of everyone , and blushed from the embarrassment
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"I will do my best, Brum." the otter said, flopping down into a sitting pose, like the one he'd taken however many times as a youngling with his other siblings being told a story
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Excellent!" Brum enthuses, handing out the supplies and inviting everyone to make themselves comfortable.
Taking a slate for herself, she writes upon it the letters "A a".
"So, let's start at the beginning. This is an 'a' in lower and uppercase. Don't worry what that means for now - I'll teach you grammar later. For now we'll focus on sounds. So 'a' makes an 'a' sound like in..."
Thus begins the lesson. Brum encourages the creatures to butt in and ask questions at any time. She first focuses on the vowels and then the alphabet before moving onto simple words like "sat", "mat" and "hat".

==========
"Well, Salamandastron, it's... Very militaristic."
"Aye. We are at heart a military garrison dedicated to the protection the shores of Mossflower country. We keep ourselves well trained any ready for action at a moment's notice."
"We make time for pleasure too though and our cooks are the finest around outside of Redwall."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Why's A sound like af when y' say 'Bath' and ah when y' say Ap'le?" Owain asked after several minutes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I suppose, being your chef, he has to go for Quantity over Quality, eh?" Peter smiled, taking confidence in a little wit.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles nodded.
If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Calder sits down and quietly watches while everyone learns, listening in to whats going on.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]