tv shows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

deepskycyan

Re: tv shows

Post by deepskycyan »

I don't watch anime, but a friend insisted that I watched SAO.

What can I say, I guess it's a good show that appeals to RPG gamers. Sadly, I'm not one, so I didn't really enjoy it.
The setting and the plot was alright, the animation above average I guess. However, this only applies for the first game. When they entered the second fairy game, things got pretty weird, as you're thrown into a new setting which you aren't familiar with, also things get boring and events seem rather pointless.

Also, the ending was horrible.

I heard rumours that they were making a second season. Don't think I'll watch it though.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I think everyone hated Alfheim Online (part 2 of season 1). Skip that and go watch the second season. Its about Kirito has to investigate a person who killed people in GGO. Nothing strange there. But the people died in real life just minutes afterwards.
If you loved the first part of season one, and if you love fps, then you'll love season 2!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

I'm starting to loathe Attack on Titan
Just an Arc
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sadly I am marathoning Samurai Jack. It has no ending. And the voice of Aku is dead...
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

The season 3 finale of The Legend of Korra was both awesome and devastating at the same time...
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Deske wrote:Sadly I am marathoning Samurai Jack. It has no ending. And the voice of Aku is dead...
RIP, Mako.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Since we're on the topic of anime, a friend made me watch Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and it was actually pretty good!

For a shonen.

Or for an anime in general.
Deske

Post by Deske »

That's reminds me. I should get back into One Piece. I'm only 2 or 3 seasons into it.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Deske wrote:Sadly I am marathoning Samurai Jack. It has no ending. And the voice of Aku is dead...
IDW is publishing it as a comic!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:
YAY! Finally, I can finish Samurai Jack!
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Radio Blue Heart

SergeiTheFox wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:
YAY! Finally, I can finish Samurai Jack!

I'm probably going to being the wrath of the moderators upon me for not putting this in the comic thread, but I can't update that again because I was the last.

Even if your favorite television shows get cancelled, chances are the story will be continued in comic form.

and they can do crazier stuff like this:
-Virgil
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

it's a comic of a TV show, you're good.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

That second picture.... It made me cry.....
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:I'm probably going to being the wrath of the moderators upon me for not putting this in the comic thread, but I can't update that again because I was the last.
You are allowed to double post as long as you wait at least a day or so. That rule is so we don't get people posting two or three times in rapid succession with things like:
Your going to have to do better than that.
*You're

As for those comics, that last one looks awesome. I love the look on Ed's face. I always loved his facial expressions when he got angry.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Deske

Post by Deske »

I need to see if I can find the vhs tape recordings I have off those. Those shows were the best.
Radio Blue Heart

SergeiTheFox wrote:That second picture.... It made me cry.....
Tears of joy, I hope?
-Virgil
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:
Tears of joy, I hope?
Totally doubt it. :lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Speaking of Cartoon Network, I started to watch "Ben 10". The original series.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Fusion fall... COMIC?! HECKS YEAH!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

So I just watched the 4 episode mini series Corpse Party: Tortured Souls on YouTube, and holy crap is it disturbing as all heck!!! :shock:
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

InDaZone1219 wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:
Tears of joy, I hope?
Totally doubt it. :lol:
InDaZone1219 was right. Definitely not tears of joy.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

SergeiTheFox wrote:InDaZone1219 was right. Definitely not tears of joy.
Bittersweet victory. Eh, it's a start.
Radio Blue Heart

I was hoping you would be happier with it. Its the best we will get to a continuation of those classic shows.

Before I mentioned that "Nightbreed" and "Friday the 13th" were being made into televisions series, now its been announced that "Scream" will be turned into a series too.
-Virgil
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So are they gonna turn every single horror movie they can think of into a series?
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

There are a few that escaped the movie fate....
Vegas

Post by Vegas »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:I was hoping you would be happier with it. Its the best we will get to a continuation of those classic shows.

Before I mentioned that "Nightbreed" and "Friday the 13th" were being made into televisions series, now its been announced that "Scream" will be turned into a series too.
But there was already a Friday the 13th TV series that was, what's the word.... good.
Avi colored by me. Lineart from here.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

There's an amazing brand new show on Hulu called "Forever". It's about a guy who never dies - well, he sort of does, but not really. I highly recommend it! :D

Also started watching the original Twilight Zone series; it is not meant to be watched marathon style. :shock:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Radio Blue Heart

Vegas wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:I was hoping you would be happier with it. Its the best we will get to a continuation of those classic shows.

But there was already a Friday the 13th TV series that was, what's the word.... good.
That show made me mad! It has nothing to do with the film series but they just had to call it "Friday the 13th: The Series", but is about some people going around trying to find cursed artifacts. Not that it wasn't good but it should not have been burdened with that title.

The new series is going to be about people who live in the Crystal Lake area and how Jason Voorhees sometimes interrupts their lives. Sort of how "Bates Motel" is not exclusive to Norman Bates but also his mom and the messed up people in the town. Crystal Lake is a place with a bloody past, so it will be interesting to see what secrets are there.
-Virgil
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Douglas Collier wrote:Also started watching the original Twilight Zone series; it is not meant to be watched marathon style. :shock:
then why did they used to have 2 marathons of it every year on SciFi/SyFy?
Douglas Collier wrote:There's an amazing brand new show on Hulu called "Forever". It's about a guy who never dies - well, he sort of does, but not really. I highly recommend it! :D
Sounds like Jack Harkness
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Sometimes I'd rather have a decent finale to a show than a mash-up continuation. Ed, Edd, and Eddy finished with a movie, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends had a series finale, etc. The shows ended on a good, satisfying note and that is what makes me happy.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

Radio Blue Heart

SergeiTheFox wrote:
Sometimes I'd rather have a decent finale to a show than a mash-up continuation. Ed, Edd, and Eddy finished with a movie, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends had a series finale, etc. The shows ended on a good, satisfying note and that is what makes me happy.
Oh, the mash up is just a special event, not a continuation of all the series at once. The Samurai Jack comic picks up where the show left off. They still have many more stories to tell. After the show was canceled and the plans for a movie were dropped, this is the only way it can continue to a foreseeable end.
-Virgil
Vegas

Post by Vegas »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:
That show made me mad! It has nothing to do with the film series but they just had to call it "Friday the 13th: The Series", but is about some people going around trying to find cursed artifacts. Not that it wasn't good but it should not have been burdened with that title.

The new series is going to be about people who live in the Crystal Lake area and how Jason Voorhees sometimes interrupts their lives. Sort of how "Bates Motel" is not exclusive to Norman Bates but also his mom and the messed up people in the town. Crystal Lake is a place with a bloody past, so it will be interesting to see what secrets are there.
Which is interesting since they were done by the same people.
By the way, one of the guys who did a series of Friday the 13th novels was actually going to connect the two into the same universe. But, I guess that new show sounds interesting.
Avi colored by me. Lineart from here.
Radio Blue Heart

I've seen clips from the German miniseries "Generation War/Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter" and it looks very interesting. From what I have read it is about 5 friends, all of them 20, and how the Second World War effects either lives. The clip that I saw was of two of the characters, now soldiers, having a conversation before it is interrupted by a barrage of Katyusha rockets. It seems to have a similar format to "Sherlock", being composed of 3 episodes, each one being feature length.
-Virgil
Deske

Post by Deske »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:I've seen clips from the German miniseries "Generation War/Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter" and it looks very interesting. From what I have read it is about 5 friends, all of them 20, and how the Second World War effects either lives. The clip that I saw was of two of the characters, now soldiers, having a conversation before it is interrupted by a barrage of Katyusha rockets. It seems to have a similar format to "Sherlock", being composed of 3 episodes, each one being feature length.
Is it already made or is it one of those things I have to fish the internet for?
Radio Blue Heart

Deske wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:I've seen clips from the German miniseries "Generation War/Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter" and it looks very interesting. From what I have read it is about 5 friends, all of them 20, and how the Second World War effects either lives. The clip that I saw was of two of the characters, now soldiers, having a conversation before it is interrupted by a barrage of Katyusha rockets. It seems to have a similar format to "Sherlock", being composed of 3 episodes, each one being feature length.
Is it already made or is it one of those things I have to fish the internet for?
Its already aired on ZDF in Germany, it out on DVD in North America, but I am not sure if it was ever broadcast on television in North America.
-Virgil
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I'm currently watching The Wire during the week when I have time at work on my Iphone.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

The Legend of Korra aired with a new episode yesterday, S04 EP08 ("Remembrances"). It was a filler episode because Nickelodeon only gave Bryke enough money for 12 episodes in the season, despite there being 13 episodes in this final season. Luckily the episode was a funny one with Varrick's story. ;)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

InDaZone1219 wrote:It was a filler episode because Nickelodeon only gave Bryke enough money for 12 episodes in the season, despite there being 13 episodes in this final season.[/color]
no exactly. they had a choice between 12 episodes plus a clip show or 13 episodes and firing some staff. they chose to save staff.
which is alright, cause this episode was sort of like the Ember Island Players episode from the original series, which was also right before the last bunch of episodes. they both recapped stuff and made commentary on it while taking liberties with some facts.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

Recently I've been watching The Andy Griffith Show and Trailer Park Boys.
I'm also re-watching Twin Peaks. Anyone else looking forward to the new season?
Panda Panda Panda
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

I kinda want to watch game of thrones for the story, but I'm put off by everything else.

Maybe I should read the books.