HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote:"That was g-" The word ends in a strangled sound as the man and his wife spot the floating instrument playing all by itself. His jaw opening and closing soundlessly, Jack remains riveted to the spot, staring uncomprehendingly at the kalimba. Jen stops playing her piano and cautiously makes her way over to it. She quickly snatches at the air above and below it, looking for some kind of trick but finds nothing. She stumbles backwards and grabs a nearby shelf for support as it lowers itself to the desk and continues playing.

Ray, hearing the strange sound from his owner, hangs the trombone back on the wall and turns to see what the problem is. He too spots the floating, self-playing instrument. Sensing something out of the ordinary his hackles raise and he hisses at the thumb piano, his claws coming out. He makes no move towards it though, staring at it as intently as only a fearful cat can.
"Mam , sir , please calm down, there's nothing to worry about" Serenade said , moving closer to the female human . She forgot how humans can get when they saw something......unusual
Seth wrote:Gage wasn't shocked. By now this kind of thing was pretty normal for this town. He was however very curious. Hey miles is that you? Because if it's not we got another one.
He walked up and put a hand on rays shoulder, "Hey man. Bring it down a notch for a second. I might know what's going on.
"yes , there's a good explanation for this" she nodded , the quickly asked the phantom cat
DO we have a good explanation for this ?
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Ya, it's me Gage. Though I don't know how humans will react to "it's just a ghost we know". Miles thought to him.

Tiny, heavy meteorites. You'd be surprised what people are willing to believe if they aren't open minded. Miles thought to Serenade as an explanation. Then he went behind the group and finding a violin, started playing the 'Drunken Sailor'.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke puts on a smile as Ray released them to look around and that's what the fox did, moving from instrument to instrument some shiny, some made of wood and others with lots and lots of tubes. He stayed close to the others though not wanting to drift too far off especially when Miles seemed to lead that he was going to try something, and when some of the others seemed to be cautious and thrown off by the music that started playing, it wasn't long before Duke figured out the mystery of the magical instrument.

"Different sound? How do you know which one makes which sound?"
Duke thought to the ghost cat, and as the music proceeded he couldn't help but feel a slight feeling build up. It made him want to smile and move but instead he expressed this with a simple tapping of his foot, moving it along with the beat. Then looking over to see the aftermath of the flying instrument the fox curiously walked over listening in and actually also trying to think of how to explain this after all he didn't even know the limits of these instruments, had it not been for Miles's warning Duke would've thought that was normal.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"And what's that?" Ray doesn't change his posture at all.
As the spectral musician switches the kalimba for the violin, the combination of the familiar tune and her complete lack of understanding of the situation overwhelms Jen Stevens and she crumples to the ground, unconscious. This breaks the spell on Jack and Ray.
"JEN!" The man sprints to his wife, dropping to all fours and sliding the last few feet along the ground. After ascertaining that his wife is okay, Jack looks up at the violin.
"Who's there? Show yourself! Is this some sort of prank?" he thunders from the floor as Jen gradually comes to. Ray watches, still on full alert.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Draco hearing all the commotion, and seeing Jen collapse. He quietly took the guitar off,undid the strap and folded it nicely. Placing the guitar back on its place, the strap and pick neatly under the guitar. He walked over to the rest of the group. Looking at the self playing violin, completely stunned and almost speechless. Draco stutters out "Wha...What is going on?"
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

xhunterko wrote: Tiny, heavy meteorites. You'd be surprised what people are willing to believe if they aren't open minded. Miles thought to Serenade as an explanation. Then he went behind the group and finding a violin, started playing the 'Drunken Sailor'.
meteorites ? how is that gonna-
Hlaoroo wrote:"And what's that?" Ray doesn't change his posture at all.
As the spectral musician switches the kalimba for the violin, the combination of the familiar tune and her complete lack of understanding of the situation overwhelms Jen Stevens and she crumples to the ground, unconscious. This breaks the spell on Jack and Ray.
"JEN!" The man sprints to his wife, dropping to all fours and sliding the last few feet along the ground. After ascertaining that his wife is okay, Jack looks up at the violin.
"Who's there? Show yourself! Is this some sort of prank?" he thunders from the floor as Jen gradually comes to. Ray watches, still on full alert.
Drake wrote:Draco hearing all the commotion, and seeing Jen collapse. He quietly took the guitar off,undid the strap and folded it nicely. Placing the guitar back on its place, the strap and pick neatly under the guitar. He walked over to the rest of the group. Looking at the self playing violin, completely stunned and almost speechless. Draco stutters out "Wha...What is going on?"
"um , sir , please , calm down , I assure you that I know the cause of this , and it's nothing dangerous , so please calm down a bit"
soooo , still meteorite ? Serenade asked Miles , she did thought about asking him to reveal himself but , that might cause even more panic , sooo
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Drake wrote:Draco hearing all the commotion, and seeing Jen collapse. He quietly took the guitar off,undid the strap and folded it nicely. Placing the guitar back on its place, the strap and pick neatly under the guitar. He walked over to the rest of the group. Looking at the self playing violin, completely stunned and almost speechless. Draco stutters out "Wha...What is going on?"
"Well uh, let's just say that we have some strange residents around here. I don't think he means any harm. Really. I know it's pretty weird but just keep a level head all right? " Gage unsure of what to do to help out just kind of took a step towards the unconcious woman and waited, ready to help if he needed to.

Miles you might want to think about going visible before they call the ghost hunters on you or something....
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles stopped playing noticing the woman down.

"Honestly I doubt they'll buy 'it's just a ghost' unless they're pretty open minded," Miles said, setting down the instrument, still remaining hidden though, "Although is she okay? I really did not mean to hurt anybody is s-she going to be all right?"
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Seth wrote:
"Well uh, let's just say that we have some strange residents around here. I don't think he means any harm. Really. I know it's pretty weird but just keep a level head all right? " Gage unsure of what to do to help out just kind of took a step towards the unconcious woman and waited, ready to help if he needed to.

Miles you might want to think about going visible before they call the ghost hunters on you or something....
serence ice fox wrote:
xhunterko wrote: Tiny, heavy meteorites. You'd be surprised what people are willing to believe if they aren't open minded. Miles thought to Serenade as an explanation. Then he went behind the group and finding a violin, started playing the 'Drunken Sailor'.
meteorites ? how is that gonna-
"um , sir , please , calm down , I assure you that I know the cause of this , and it's nothing dangerous , so please calm down a bit"
soooo , still meteorite ? Serenade asked Miles , she did thought about asking him to reveal himself but , that might cause even more panic , sooo
"What is the explanation? What ever it is, I think most of us are are past the point of freaking out. Since you all seem calm about it, what ever it is can't be that bad can it? Is one of you able to use telekinesis? Ghosts? Strange weather phenomenon? Or is there an invisible resident in town that likes to prank the newer residents? Draco asked, hoping to perhaps be slightly level headed about the situation, But what came out seemed a bit nervous. He didn't know if he was making sense or just rambling due to nerves. He didn't know what to expect, but didn't think having a mental break down right now would be of much help.
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Jack? I had the strangest dream..." Jen murmurs as she comes around again. Finding herself in Jack's arms she soon coms to a horrible realisation.
"Oh gosh. It wasn't a dream, was it?"
"No... I'm still trying to spot the camera and the wires. It can't really be a ghost, right? They don't exist, after all! They're... They're wishful thinking on the part of those who want to see their loved ones again, that's all!"
"What do you mean, strange residents?" Unlike his humans, Ray is slightly more open minded and after all, he can't deny the evidence right in front of him. Seeing Serenade and Gage so calm and Jen okay he does relax slightly but he keeps his claws out just in case.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"well , erm....I-I don't know how to put it but um....yes there is ....someone else , here , a friend of us , and well , he was just showing me what music is , so...."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Do you WANT to believe it was a ghost and that they ARE real? I think you might. But I'm glad she's all right. I didn't mean to scare, I just wanted to show my friends what music was," Miles said, still hidden.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Gage laughed nervously. "Like I said, it's kind of weird here. Don't ask me why but this place is a sort of hot spot for this kind of thing."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn silently watched the events unfold.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The Stevens' all jump at the voice seemingly emanating from empty space.
"No way!" breathes Ray.
"It can't be! It's not possible!"
"We need a seance to find out what it wants and get rid of it before it does any damage!"
"It- It's gotta be a prank!"
"Cool! Wow... That's... That's... Wow... So much to take in..." The cat finally puts his claws away and relaxes slightly, but his brow remains furrowed as his mind works through all the implications of this revelation.
"Um... M-mister ghost... You're friendly, r-right? But... But why haunt our shop? Do... Do we need to do something to... You know... Help you move on?" Ray knows nothing of ghosts beyond what he's seen in the movies and the movies he's seen don't exactly portray them in the best way possible. Nervously the cat waits for a reply, hoping the ghost won't get angry or turn into a poltergeist.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Ha, nah cat. I'm just here to show a couple of friends what the fuss is about music," Miles said aloud again, "I mean, really, going through life not knowing anything about it? Who DOES that?"
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"He's speaking the truth everyone , I've met him yesterday , and he is a nice person , so you have nothing to worry about"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

While the humans continue to virtually disregard what their senses are telling them, Ray finds himself warming up to the spectre. He has no idea where exactly it is though, or for that matter, what it is.
"I can't imagine being without music but I suppose others aren't as fortunate. It would be sad indeed to go through life without music. Or death, for that matter." he jokes, finding that their common interest makes him feel more comfortable with the idea of talking with a ghost.
"Er... Where exactly are you? Are you always invisible or can you make yourself seen too?" Ray queries, scanning over the shelves, looking for any sign of the ghost.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Draco stood frozen in place. Even though everyone said the ghost was nice, this was the first one he met. "Um. Hello?" He said nervously, "I don't think I got your name. That is, if you have one. My name is Draco, are you well... a nice ghost? He was trying to act nice around the ghost. He felt certain that he was not facing in the right direction when he was talking. He then looked up and said "I thought you played the violin very nicely.
RP Characters:
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"I can make myself be seen if I want to. But I don't want to scare our human friends here without their say so. Cause, seeing a ghost pop out of thin air in broad daylight might have adverse effects. Heh, or they'll just fool themselves into saying it was some kind of trick or this is a small creature under the counter with a megaphone or that I used some sort of flashbomb when there is no empty canisters or some other such nonsense. The floating head works on some though," Miles said, "But yes, I am nice. You all are standing there ALIVE after all. And yes, I do have a name, and I'm glad you liked my playing. Would you like to hear something else?"
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

"I do not think you should scare them any more" Said Draco.
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ray catches a look between his owners.
"Perhaps we should continue this outside so they can recover a bit." he suggests, gesturing to the door.
"My name's Ray, by the way. What's yours, Mr. Ghost?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Sure!" Miles said, snatching up the violin and heading out the door with it.

"Mind if I play this outside?" He asked the owners turning at the door.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Given that the violin is a cheap one and wanting some time to collect themselves, the owners acquiesce,
"Er... Uh... S-sure... J-just b-bring it back w-when you're done." Jack manages to stammer out.

Ray holds the door open and watches as the violin floats by and then turns in mid-air before heading out the door again. Assuming that the ghost is right-pawed and therefore holding the violin in its left paw, Ray looks to the right of and above the instrument, still feeling weird about addressing empty space. He rephrases his prior question into older language to see if the ghost will respond better to that.
"Now that we're out here, Mister Ghost, I believe you have me at a disadvantage."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Miles , um , since we're out in the open , maybe turning visible might be a good idea , you know , so people wouldn't see a floating.....musical instrument
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

And how would people react to seeing a cat pop out of thin air? Miles thought back to Serenade, heading down the alley to their right.

Are you so sure I have you at a disadvantage? Miles thought to Ray.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ray stumbles and stops dead in his tracks.
"Are... Are you.. How... My head!" Too flabbergasted to make a coherent sentence, Ray can only stare at the violin and wonder if he just got possessed.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Ha ha, you'd know if I were in your head! Miles thought back to Ray, sitting on a trash can. Then he started playing 'Zelda's Lullaby'.

But really have you not heard of thought communication?
Miles thought to Ray while playing.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Draco watched ray attempt to make a sentence. "Uh, Ray, Buddie, are you okay over there? You seem to be panicking. he asked
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"He... He's talking in my head!" Ray manages to say, pointing a slightly shaky paw at the floating violin.
"I, I, I, I have heard of of telepathy but, well, I, I guess I never thought it was possible. But then I never thought ghosts existed an hour ago either. But I still don't know your name." he answers the ghost aloud, beginning to recover from the surprise.
"Or even what you are - or rather, were."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

"I didn't believe telepathy was real. I never was certain about ghosts. You know, because of those stories that show up in papers." Draco responded to ray, he was still not certain why he was acting calm, maybe he didn't want to make a scene? Had to be. "Mr Ghost. That song sounds familiar, what is it?"
RP Characters:
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles continued to play the instrument, wanting to finish the song.

Ha, was hoping someone would recognize it. It's 'Zelda's Lullaby' from Zelda 64.
Miles thought to Draco.

You need to get out more! You have obviously never been to an aquarium with dolphins before! It is so cool! Miles thought to Ray. Then he finished up the song and set the instrument at his feet.

"And since I won't stop hearing that until I hand it over, as for the was and whom I be, well," Miles said, going from transparent to solid very slowly, and when he was completely visible he said thus, "I am Miles the cat." He added with a slight bow.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Draco jumped a small amount from Miles suddenly showing himself, also from Miles talking in his head.
Miles, How... Well how do I respond when you are talking in my head, how private are my thoughts now? he asked.
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Dolphins? What do dolphins have to do with anything? queries Ray, puzzled. He still has no clue that he can answer Miles telepathically.
"Well, pleased to finally meet you properly, Miles the Cat." Ray answers. He haltingly offers his paw for a shake, hoping it won't be rude and not even sure if the ghost could touch him or if he'd simply pass through him.
"So... Where did you learn to play all the instruments?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Your thoughts are as private as you like so long as you don't think anything directly towards me, heh. No need to worry. I can't see in your mind or anything. As far as how I learned to play, well," Miles said, pausing, "I'm dead. And have a lot more time on my hands. Stuff usually freezes over when I touch it so I could only practice in winter. But I had a little help from a dragon spirit ghost friend today so I could play. Nice to meet you as well. Oh, it's how dolphins communicate. Through thought." Miles put his paw forward and did his best to mimic gripping and giving a firm shake.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Serenade quietly watched as her new friends getting to know each other, relieved that everything went much better than how it could've been
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ray gives an involuntary shudder at the coolness of the ghost's touch.
"How do you mean, thinking things at you? And how is it you can hold the violin and yet my paw just goes straight through yours?" Ray doesn't even blink when Miles mentions the dragon. At this point, probably nothing would surprise him. He's also curious about one other thing, so h decides to try thinking it rather than saying it aloud, just to test if he can send his thoughts to the ghost.
Also... If it's not too impolite to ask... How did you die? he thinks as loudly as he can while visualising himself pushing the thought towards Miles' head. He then realises something else and turns to the fox.
"Serenade, you're rather quiet. Everything okay?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:Ray gives an involuntary shudder at the coolness of the ghost's touch.
"How do you mean, thinking things at you? And how is it you can hold the violin and yet my paw just goes straight through yours?" Ray doesn't even blink when Miles mentions the dragon. At this point, probably nothing would surprise him. He's also curious about one other thing, so h decides to try thinking it rather than saying it aloud, just to test if he can send his thoughts to the ghost.
Also... If it's not too impolite to ask... How did you die? he thinks as loudly as he can while visualising himself pushing the thought towards Miles' head. He then realises something else and turns to the fox.
"Serenade, you're rather quiet. Everything okay?"
"Oh , sorry" Serenade replied , a little surprise when Ray called her "yes I'm fine , I'm just glad things went smoothly , that's all."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Gage hung back to apologize to the stephen's. "Hey uh... sorry about my friend. He didn't mean to cause a scene or anything I promise."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn started messing around with a drum set when he accidentally knocked it over. He jumped back and hissed at the loud noise it made as it crashed to the ground, his fur standing straight up. "Sorry. I didn't mean to do that." Lyn apologized, picking up the drums.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT