HPU?: Apollo City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

MrNeonShot

Re: Pet Friendly?: Apollo City

Post by MrNeonShot »

What about you, Ashe? Wealthy asked. When he saw the cat, she was passed out over her pancakes.
She doesn't look up to it, so I guess we'll be going home. Wealthy said.
Wealthy, I think it'd be a good idea to interact with other pets. You should go with Dust for now, I'll get Ashe back home. John said.
Oh, okay. I guess I'll see you guys later then. Wealthy said. He turned to Dust. Are you ready? he asked.

I don't know if this is the job for me, Mrs. Kelly. Orion replied tiredly.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah and James muttered to each other deciding what to do. They finally finished and opened the mail slot. Deal. Now what's the weak point?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That's okay, Orion. Would you like to something else instead or would you rather just watch Mister Glacia work?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Legotron123 wrote:Noah and James muttered to each other deciding what to do. They finally finished and opened the mail slot. Deal. Now what's the weak point?
"Close the door. And do nothing. You will see."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hlaoroo wrote:"That's okay, Orion. Would you like to something else instead or would you rather just watch Mister Glacia work?"
I need to sit down for a bit... Orion said.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Kelly immediately moves to help Orion to the chair.
"Here. Sit down. Are you feeling okay? Can I call anybody for you or get you anything?" she queries, concerned.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Water, please. I think I had too much cinnamon roll. Orion replied.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Esper wrote:Annette chuckled lightly, scratching the back of her disheveled head, "Well, working with AIs is pretty commonplace, but totally reformatting them is relatively unheard of." she grinned, about to spill over into a wave of technical speak, "And so is having the government hiring a freelance, but I guess I'm just that good!"
"I guess so." Avery agreed with her, smiling. Then his eyes widened.
"Oh, carp! I'm gonna be late... Man... Sorry, but I have to get to my interview. I'll see you guys around. You should stop by my Dad's shop, he'd love to meet you guys." And with that he waved before running down the street again.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

.......... Okay. Noah said before closing the mail slot. He and James looked at each other worryingly. They knew Jemmy was up to something, they just didn't know what.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Legotron123 wrote:.......... Okay. Noah said before closing the mail slot. He and James looked at each other worryingly. They knew Jemmy was up to something, they just didn't know what.
Jemmy located the terminal control panel. "It does not matter how much safe can be a single apartment against external intrusions. Apollo City is like a ship orbiting around earth. It is surrounded by vacuum." he said to the fox.
Much like he had done in Vi's apartment, the anidroid cut off a portion of the wall under the panel. "There are standard safety protocols that every single apartment, at all levels, must follow for the safety of their occupants. One of them, being AEP, Automatic Evacuation Protocol, in case the sensors in the building detected an atmospheric leak inside an apartment, at the same time a breach in the city barrier happened." Jemmy applied his finger to a juncture. "It is a rare occurrence, and there are many safety measure to prevent it from happening, but it is a possibility nonetheless. Mr. Atlas conceived a good system, but of course his engineers didn't imagine someone would forcefully tell such system that an AEP must be enforced without authorization codes. Like this." A single, perfectly calibrated pulse...
And every door in the building opened! Sirens started blaring and the emergency lights went on.
Jemmy put the panel back into the wall. He inserted the commands for 'CEASE DRILL', and the emergency protocol was shut down.
Jemmy walked back to the Walkers' and stood in front of the open door. "May I in, now?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

The Walkers looked at the open door with a combination of amazement and horror. Not much we can do to stop you from coming in now so you might as well. Although doing what you did was a VERY bad idea. That went off through the whole building, so it's gonna draw a LOT of attention. It's gonna be on the news in less than a half an hour. Not to mention that it was highly illegal, so you're likely to get arrested. Yea, in fact, I'm a police dog. Noah said, showing the little light up badge in his palm that's standard for police cypets with cybernetic hands. Every single bit of the training I took is screaming to arrest you right now, but I'm too scared of you too do it. If the authorities ask us about what happened, we will tell them about what you did. You and your owners are going to be in some deep trouble.

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Annette chuckled wearily as she turned and began to walk again towards the diner. At the very least she could get something to eat, even if there was to be no meeting.

Very suddenly, as if he were startled, Caeruleus sat bolt upright on Annette's shoulders as his many social media connections began to ping, inundating him with messages of how some apartment building somewhere had suddenly burst into noise as it's safety protocols began to activate, and then shut down. The droid began to speak, reading off these relentless reports to his owner, as per his programming, "'Hey, what gives!' 'Ugh, siren woke up my baby. Thought this place ran a tighter shift.' 'Is there really an emergency? There aren't any drills scheduled for this week...' 'My apartment just started blew up! Made me drop my cake too!'..." and so on, he read aloud, "Video, captioned: 'who is that????' thumbnail shows a blurry figure in front of a control console for a building. Post has six likes and one comment, 'That's my building!!!!!'... To view this post, please connect me to a Visual User Interface..."

Annette stopped in her tracks and stared at the little droid sitting placidly on her shoulder, "Consolidate and analyze all of the data you're getting, give me periodic updates." she commanded

The rat droid shut his mouth and put on a pensive face to reflect his AI engine's hard work. This event troubled everyone in his social nets, so he too was concerned, "I think people are scared... Mom." he said, testing out that title
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

It was then that Vi raised her hand, feeling a bit left out of the conversation, and feeling slightly obligated to cover for her newfound friend.
"If I may interject, I'm not sure I saw Jemmy do anything wrong, technically." She shrugged and placed a paw on the genet's shoulder.
"He was just doing his job after all, with the consent of all parties involved. After a verbal deal was struck Jemmy simply complied with the terms of agreement." She grinned her smartypants grin that tended to annoy most recipients and plowed on with her reasoning. Silently she thanked Kat for making her watch Suits with her.
"And Jemmy, as I have learned recently, has some thingamajig that makes it so he obeys direct commands. So as far as I can tell, the person who gave the command was at fault, and Jemmy, doing his service as a droid, simply did what he was told. A machine given a command. After all, the gunman is always the one at fault, not the gun."

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

“furthermore, my arrest in an unlikely option, since the system classified this event as a drill. At worst, the news will report this as a bug.
“I only wanted to underline, as per your request, that should I be an hostile party, or part of one, by now the media reaction would be the last of your problem.
“And should the authorities inquire you, I expect you report the facts so that you can give my owners’ shop the occasion to sign a contract to fix the emergency systems and prevent today’s event to happen again. Provided you are not going to be inquired yourself for complicity.” And back was that happy-kid smile.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

James and Noah took a moment to absorb what Jemmy and Vi said. First of all, um it was Vi right? If you want to enter our home, you will NEVER do that smile again. We hate that type of smile with ever fiber of our beings. Second, since that alarm went through the entire building, you do not "have the consent of all parties involved." Other wise, you're fine. Welcome to our home. Inside the apartment, there is no doubt a pair of geeks lived here. The walls were lined with shelves full of books, movies, tv shows, video games, toys and other pop culture memorabilia. Some of them were even in glass cases on those shelves. One of those case's stood out though. It was a case of about 14 toys, with its own stand, and it was in a noticeable part of the room.

valerio

Post by valerio »

Jemmy recognized all the exposed media...but he threw puzzled glances at the toys. "What is their function?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Sure am." Dust said, standing up and stretching.
-------
Rock stopped what he was doing and turned towards Orion. "Are you okay?" he asked, concerned.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wealthy stood and checked the area one last time. Another guest had accidentally dropped their drink, so Hajime was cleaning it up.
"Schedule a date" the words read over the otter. Wealthy grumbled and looked away.
Alright, lets go...
and with that, Wealthy walked outside of the cafe.
---
Yeah, I just need water... Orion replied.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Annette walked in silence towards the cafe, more than intent on getting some kind of breakfast when she saw Wealthy. "Hey!" She called out, "I'm sorry I had to miss that meeting!"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wealthy turned to see the programmer approaching.
"Rushed, sorry, hungry" were the words over her head.
Its no problem. Dr. Smith is still inside if you feel like talking with him. Although he may have to leave soon since he has to take Ashe home. She fell asleep right there at the table. Wealthy said.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Vi gave a salute and a slightly exaggerated "Yuss sir!". Before entering the Walker's abode, her instincts to refute authority shelved for the moment.
"Woah, this place has more movies than the rec room at the Sanctuary." The fox quipped, examining the shelves.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Mr. Glacia, may I use your kitchen? Orion requires a drink of water as he's not feeling well." Kelly queries, moving suggestively towards the door.
"Do you require medical assistance, Orion?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

No, I don't need medical assistance.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I'd be surprised if it didn't. Noah said while James answered Jemmys question. You mean the toys? They have the same function as the others, to entertain. They just do it in a different way. While most toys are technically meant for kids, a lot of adults like to collect them, and some are specifically made for those collectors, which of course are called collectibles. However, those tend to be made in limited quantities, which is why we put our collectibles in glass cases so nothing happens to them.

valerio

Post by valerio »

"Accumulation and display of entertainment material as social mean of interaction. Interesting, although not constructive as display of talent and skills. Do you often get visits from other collectors?"
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Annette slumped even further in place, "Ah, I understand, very well." she straightened up and began in on her long stride again, "Thank you."

Once inside, the woman looked around for John, and failing him, a free table
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Of course you may." Rock said, putting circuits and more wires in Todd.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wealthy waited for Dust to exit the shop. As he waited, his range of sensory seemed to grow bigger. He watched as Hajime went to wait on Anette.
Perhaps I liked males instead of females when I was... whatever I was before. Wealthy thought.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thank you." Kelly soon returns with a tall glass of water which she passes to Orion.
"Can I do anything else to increase your comfort, Orion?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Orion begins drinking the water.
No thanks. I just need a few minutes...
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sure... How go the repairs, Mr. Glacia?" queries Kelly in the meantime. She keeps her attention partially on Orion though just in case he requires further help.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Almost finished." Rock said, putting more mechanics and wires in Todd.
---------
Dust walked out the cafe and looked around. "So, what do you want to do?"
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'm okay with doing whatever. Was there some place you needed to go? Wealthy asked.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

valerio wrote:"Accumulation and display of entertainment material as social mean of interaction. Interesting, although not constructive as display of talent and skills. Do you often get visits from other collectors?"
Um, a few things. One, we don't do it as a means of social interaction. We do it because we enjoy having a collection and we enjoy watch/reading/playing them. Although some of them we collect for our reviews. I mean why else would I own a copy of after earth, or the beast within comic? James scoffed before he realized something. Sorry, you probably don't know what those things are. They're kinda old. Anyways, a lot of these things we have a connection to. Some of them we hate, some of them we love, and with some of them, the story of how we got them is more interesting than the things themselves. He looked to the case of the 14 toys. And some of them are special above the others.

valerio

Post by valerio »

Legotron123 wrote:Um, a few things. One, we don't do it as a means of social interaction. We do it because we enjoy having a collection and we enjoy watch/reading/playing them. Although some of them we collect for our reviews. I mean why else would I own a copy of after earth, or the beast within comic? James scoffed before he realized something. Sorry, you probably don't know what those things are. They're kinda old. Anyways, a lot of these things we have a connection to. Some of them we hate, some of them we love, and with some of them, the story of how we got them is more interesting than the things themselves. He looked to the case of the 14 toys. And some of them are special above the others.
Jemmy tilted his head. "Oh. Possession and replay intended as stress relievers. This helps avoid waste of energies and time in the search of other means to relief yourselves from stress. Easy and practical." He smiled again.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"But..." Vi put her face really close to one of the glass cases. "How do you play with them when their in these glass boxes???"

Ref Ref!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Not really. Would you like to go over to my house?" Dust asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Sure. Lead the way... Wealthy said.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Awesome!" Dust said, leading the way to his house.
--------------
"I'm done." Rock said, closing up the opening he had been working in.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Awesome! Orion got up slowly and, seeing that he was feeling better, went to the ani-droid to look at him.
---
Wealthy followed behind Dust.
So how do you know Ashe? Wealthy asked.