SRP - Terra Ridge

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Roarin

SRP - Terra Ridge

Post by Roarin »

Time seemed to stop. Space stretched out infinitely on all sides. The universe was silent as you continued drifting... drifting...
Suddenly the world seemed to reassemble itself around you. The sound of waves echo in your ears as your eyes snap open and you find yourself lying on your back, staring at a blank sky above you. Water laps at your feet and sand clings to your fur.
Stand up
Look around
Explore
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
hypernovatic

Re: SRP - Terra Ridge

Post by hypernovatic »

Robin quickly sat up and gasped in air. "Where am I?" he asked, standing up and looking around, taking in the unfamiliar sounds and smells. Robin put his paws in his hoodie pockets and began walking around.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Flynn woke up and yawned before looking around. Was he on a beach? Well it wouldn't be the first time he woke up somewhere he didn't remember. He noticed a breeze on his head fur... wait what? He frantically looked around before his eyes fell on a fedora sitting in the sand. With a sigh of relief, he got up and put the hat on. he reached into his collar and pulled out a toothpick, sticking it into his mouth.

"alright, now where the heck am I?" he said looking around. "Last I remember I was on a cruise ship... Hope the old folks are alright, I'd hate to lose my free ride."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

It took scraps a minute to realize that he wasn't on the ship. But as soon as he realized he was feeling sand under him he jumped to his feet and started looking for it, muttering a string of profanities as he did so. It had obviously been a while since he went overboard because he couldn't see the ship anywhere. At least he had landed...somewhere. He began to look around for some sign of the ship, or civilization, or food, or anything really. On the verge of freaking out he began to walk along the shore hoping the ship would come back into view soon. Because as of right now he was stranded with just a hoodie in the middle of nowhere. He didn't like those odds one bit......
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

The white vixen lied on the sand , half awoke from what seemed like a nightmare
wait a minute , SAND ?!
Nadia jumped onto her feet after this realization , and what she saw even made it worse : she was literally in the middle of nowhere , can't see anything beside the sea and the sand under her feet , and her spear is now only in its dark crystal form
how is this even..... she wondered , but soon confusion was replaced with anger First the ship , now this , I'm gonna freaking kill that sorry excuse for a snake , freaking *** **** idiot .......
"oizzzz"

But the fox knew getting mad right now wouldn't solve anything , the best way is probably to find out where she is , and well , since she washed up here , maybe someone from that ship did too , soooo
"HELLO ?! ANYONE ?" she called out
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Aliah's eyes opened hazily, the sky above blurred and dark, the sea was the first sound she heard.

"Mm.. ah? Where.." She murmured, stirring from her lying position, the sand shifting under her..

Wait, sand? Wasn't she on the deck of a ship!?

Aliah sat bolt upright as she came to realize she was on a beach. Oh, no, no.. How did she go overboard? When?

"Oh mon chéri, Madame Sylvia.." she mutters, putting a paw to her muzzle.

She begins to cry, tears hitting the sand beneath her..
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Robin wrote:A sea breeze was the only response to Robin's question, though it offered no answers. A thick mist hung around him that made anything a mere five feet away from him indistinguishable in the gloomy darkness.
Walking away from the shores of the beach he found the mist thinning a bit, and the sand under his feet slowly giving way to soft dirt. But before he could continue further he heard a loud-
serence ice fox wrote:"HELLO ?! ANYONE ?"
!!! It was back towards the coast! It could be another person from the cruise ship! Another companion is vital at times like these. IF they are in fact from the cruise ship... Then again it might just be safe to continue on. You DID do all this work walking over here... Just to walk all the way back?
Flynn wrote:Looking around all the cat could see was a thick mist hanging in the air. To his right was the ocean. Well... He could only assume it was the ocean. It could be a sea or a fjord for all he knew.
Regardless, water lapped at his feet and cool breeze passed through his fur...
Hmm... Though, all this seemed familiar didn't it? Didn't he-
The sense of déjà vu quickly passed when he heard... Crying? Apparently someone was in tears somewhere near him.
Scraps wrote:Nope, not one bit. Then again the odds were never in his favor last time... Wait, what?
A thick mist hung in the air, obscuring his view, and wherever he was, it was pretty dang dark. Or the mist was pretty thick. He couldn't even see the stars above him not to mention any sign of a boat or crew member, heck, if he stuck his hand out in front of him he's pretty sure he'd lose it in the fog. But then something happened-
serence ice fox wrote:"HELLO ?! ANYONE ?"
It appears as though there is other sentient life on this coast. Another person from the ship? Though if it wasn't... Who knows what it could be. And the dangers it could hold.
Nadia wrote:Wet sand never did any good for white fur besides making it a shade of dirtier white. The call for help echoed out into the mist, and until she heard someone reciprocate back to her... Well for all she knew her audience could be a bunch of trees... Or rocks. Maybe it was high time she start looking around. Though calling out to someones required you stay put. The yell would surely reach someone... Or something.
Aliah:
Aliah wrote:As the tears soaked the sand, water continued to lap at her feet, a reminder of where she was.
Tears and emotions makes it hard to observe the things around you, but it's pretty telling that is was misty, and really dark. Like a thick pea soup... Eventually she might consider exploring the area, though for now it might be best to hope nothing dangerous or hostile hears the sound of her crying... Fingers crossed.

Ref Ref!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Robin's ears perked up when he heard the voice. He ran back in the direction of it. "Hello?" he asked, when he was certain he was close to it.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Roarin wrote:
Flynn wrote:Looking around all the cat could see was a thick mist hanging in the air. To his right was the ocean. Well... He could only assume it was the ocean. It could be a sea or a fjord for all he knew.
Regardless, water lapped at his feet and cool breeze passed through his fur...
Hmm... Though, all this seemed familiar didn't it? Didn't he-
The sense of déjà vu quickly passed when he heard... Crying? Apparently someone was in tears somewhere near him.
Flynns ears pricked up at the sound of the crying. hmm, sounds female... should probably check it out. If nothing else, people trust a pretty girl more than males, so I could use her to make some quick cash."

So Flynn carefully made his way towards the crying, making sure she wasn't crying cause of something that could get him killed.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Nadia wrote:After a few minutes the sound of footsteps could be heard pad padding through the sand. A moment later a simple
hypernovatic wrote: "Hello?"
Reached her ears.
Flynn wrote:After wading through the fog you happen upon a Persian Longhair, sitting down, tears streaming from her eyes. You can't tell for sure but you swear you've seen her on the ship

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Roarin wrote:
Flynn wrote:After wading through the fog you happen upon a Persian Longhair, sitting down, tears streaming from her eyes. You can't tell for sure but you swear you've seen her on the ship
Well hello, pretty kitty, Flynn thought to himself. Deciding there was no immediate danger, he approached the crying cat. "Excuse me, miss, but what seems to be the matter?" he asked with his best gentlemanly voice.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"hello?" Nadia's ears perked up when she heard the footsteps , to her relief , moments later , she her a voice , decided that it would probably be better to have a companion right now , she decided to head toward the voice , maybe it's one of the locals , which would be even better
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Who's there?" Robin asked. He sniffed around trying to figure out what the voice was coming from.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Excuse me, miss, but what seems to be the matter?"
The voice made Aliah jump, giving a yelp and almost falling into the water that was lapping at her feet.

"Wh-who-" She babbled, then turned to see a suave-looking cat standing over her. He was wearing a fedora and had a collar.. Was he from the ship? Maybe..

"Ahem, F-forgive me, Monsieur, y-you gave me quite the, ah, scare.." She murmured, getting up and brushing the sand from her fur. "A-are you from the ship? I-I was on a ship.." she stammered, trying to make a clear sentence..
Character Reference
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

serence ice fox wrote:"hello?" Nadia's ears perked up when she heard the footsteps , to her relief , moments later , she her a voice , decided that it would probably be better to have a companion right now , she decided to head toward the voice , maybe it's one of the locals , which would be even better
Scraps could hear a voice somewhere in the fog. They sounded like they were either lost or looking for someone. Scraps was now convinced there had been a crash or something similar. "Hey! Over here!" he shouted towards the other voice as he started to walk towards it.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hypernovatic wrote:"Who's there?" Robin asked. He sniffed around trying to figure out what the voice was coming from.
"I could ask you the same thing , who're you ?"
Seth wrote:
serence ice fox wrote:"hello?" Nadia's ears perked up when she heard the footsteps , to her relief , moments later , she her a voice , decided that it would probably be better to have a companion right now , she decided to head toward the voice , maybe it's one of the locals , which would be even better
Scraps could hear a voice somewhere in the fog. They sounded like they were either lost or looking for someone. Scraps was now convinced there had been a crash or something similar. "Hey! Over here!" he shouted towards the other voice as he started to walk towards it.
another one ?
"Who's there ?"
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

serence ice fox wrote:
hypernovatic wrote:"Who's there?" Robin asked. He sniffed around trying to figure out what the voice was coming from.
"I could ask you the same thing , who're you ?"
Seth wrote:
another one ?
"Who's there ?"
Scraps continued towards the voice and tried to explain what had led him to being here but it all sort of fell apart as he tried to put it into words. "My name's scraps. I think I'm lost. I was on a boat...Um I don't really know what happened I'm just lost."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"My name is Robin. Who're you?" Robin asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

~\Rook/~ wrote:"Ahem, F-forgive me, Monsieur, y-you gave me quite the, ah, scare.." She murmured, getting up and brushing the sand from her fur. "A-are you from the ship? I-I was on a ship.." she stammered, trying to make a clear sentence..
"I knew I'd seen you before. I'd never forget such a pretty face," Flynn responded. "Yeah, I was on the ship. I guess something must have happened to it if we're both here."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"I'm Nadia , now can you guys a little closer so I can see you ? it's easier to talk that way"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Robin did just that and walked up to where he was a few inches in front of Nadia. He looked up at her but all he would see is black. He sniffed the fox and poked her stomach and arms. "By your scent, I'm guessing your a fox." Robin said, putting his paws in his hoodie pocket.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Scraps was finally able to find his way through the mist to the other two voices. He didn't recognize anyone. Hopefully they were locals. Maybe he could get some help. But something told him that they sounded as lost as him. He approached them almost in a daze. It took him a moment to collect his thought and explain what had happened. It all sounded even crazier out loud... "Hey, I uh...I don't really know where I am. I don't suppose either of you are from around here? Because I think I got washed overboard."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hypernovatic wrote:Robin did just that and walked up to where he was a few inches in front of Nadia. He looked up at her but all he would see is black. He sniffed the fox and poked her stomach and arms. "By your scent, I'm guessing your a fox." Robin said, putting his paws in his hoodie pocket.
"well ,er... yeah I'm a fox.....good guess..erm..."
Seth wrote:Scraps was finally able to find his way through the mist to the other two voices. He didn't recognize anyone. Hopefully they were locals. Maybe he could get some help. But something told him that they sounded as lost as him. He approached them almost in a daze. It took him a moment to collect his thought and explain what had happened. It all sounded even crazier out loud... "Hey, I uh...I don't really know where I am. I don't suppose either of you are from around here? Because I think I got washed overboard."
"Well sad news , I'm not from around here either , and apparently the ship I was on got into a storm , and I washed up here too , wherever here is , sorry buddy"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I'm not from around here either. Can one of you describe what this place looks like because I can't see it." Robin said, walking over to Scraps and sniffing him and poking his neck and shoulders.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Scraps tried to hide his dissapointment when the fox told him she was Also from them ship. "Well at least we aren't stuck here alone. Hopefully someone is out looking for us but just in case we should-"
Scraps took a step back when the strange cat began poking him. He bared his teeth and was about to tell him to back off when he realized the cat was blind. He took a good look around to try and get an idea of what to tell him.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I knew I'd seen you before. I'd never forget such a pretty face," Flynn responded. "Yeah, I was on the ship. I guess something must have happened to it if we're both here."
Aliah smiled, half from the compliment, and half from the relief of finding someone else from the ship. Then the smile fades as thoughts of something happening to the ship or to Sylvia slide into her mind..

"Well.. I-I guess we better find the ship.." She said lowly, looking around at the deep fog. She couldn't make out anything one foot in front of her except the gentlemanly cat..

"Oh, monsieur.. I am forgetting my manners, I-I am Aliah Vasques, and might I know y-your name, s'il vous plaît?" she adds with a curtsey.
Character Reference
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hypernovatic wrote:"I'm not from around here either. Can one of you describe what this place looks like because I can't see it." Robin said, walking over to Scraps and sniffing him and poking his neck and shoulders.
"can't see much to be honest , everything is too dark , only the sea and the sand is visible"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Oh, okay. Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable, I was just trying to get a relative feeling for your height." Robin told Scraps. [color=#BF800]"So, do you guys want to explore around?"[/color]
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

hypernovatic wrote:"Oh, okay. Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable, I was just trying to get a relative feeling for your height." Robin told Scraps. [color=#BF800]"So, do you guys want to explore around?"[/color]
"No, it's fine dude. Sorry I'm just kind of edgy right now. I think whatever we do next the three of us should stick together. If we want to get out of this it can't hurt to roll as a group. Who knows what nastiness is around here? Or how long it'll take to find us. I'm Scraps by the way. I'd say it's nice to meet you two but...." He shrugged and chuckled bitterly.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

~\Rook/~ wrote:Aliah smiled, half from the compliment, and half from the relief of finding someone else from the ship. Then the smile fades as thoughts of something happening to the ship or to Sylvia slide into her mind..

"Well.. I-I guess we better find the ship.." She said lowly, looking around at the deep fog. She couldn't make out anything one foot in front of her except the gentlemanly cat..

"Oh, monsieur.. I am forgetting my manners, I-I am Aliah Vasques, and might I know y-your name, s'il vous plaît?" she adds with a curtsey.
"Flynn Fram," The cat replied, tipping his fedora. "Pleasure to meet you miss Vasques. But I'm not sure looking for the ship will be all that fruitful," he added. He tried to not put the thought of a shipwreck into Aliah's mind, but the chances that the ship was still in working order were slim. "The ship probably wouldn't have stopped for just a few passengers overboard. We should look for anyone else from the ship, and either find a new way home or hope for a rescue party."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Flynn Fram," The cat replied, tipping his fedora. "Pleasure to meet you miss Vasques. But I'm not sure looking for the ship will be all that fruitful," he added. He tried to not put the thought of a shipwreck into Aliah's mind, but the chances that the ship was still in working order were slim. "The ship probably wouldn't have stopped for just a few passengers overboard. We should look for anyone else from the ship, and either find a new way home or hope for a rescue party."
"W-well, Monsieur Flynn, it's just as much a p-pleasure to meet you, too.. I-I guess your right.. A-about the ship.. This fog is so.. *Épais.."Aliah replies, stepping a little closer to Flynn. "W-we should stay close together.. Oui?"

*(Translation: Thick)
Character Reference
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Seth wrote:
hypernovatic wrote:"Oh, okay. Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable, I was just trying to get a relative feeling for your height." Robin told Scraps. "So, do you guys want to explore around?"
"No, it's fine dude. Sorry I'm just kind of edgy right now. I think whatever we do next the three of us should stick together. If we want to get out of this it can't hurt to roll as a group. Who knows what nastiness is around here? Or how long it'll take to find us. I'm Scraps by the way. I'd say it's nice to meet you two but...." He shrugged and chuckled bitterly.
"heh , yeah....kind of not in a nice situation right now , so , but yeah , probably should stick together , and explore this place like Robin here suggested too , I would rather not sitting around in the cold wind like this "
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

serence ice fox wrote:
Seth wrote:
hypernovatic wrote:"Oh, okay. Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable, I was just trying to get a relative feeling for your height." Robin told Scraps. "So, do you guys want to explore around?"
"heh , yeah....kind of not in a nice situation right now , so , but yeah , probably should stick together , and explore this place like Robin here suggested too , I would rather not sitting around in the cold wind like this "
"I'm down. I think we should stay on the coast though. Maybe we can find some sign of the ship. Whadda ya guys think? "
Last edited by Seth on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I'm fine with that." Robin said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

~\Rook/~ wrote:"W-well, Monsieur Flynn, it's just as much a p-pleasure to meet you, too.. I-I guess your right.. A-about the ship.. This fog is so.. *Épais.."Aliah replies, stepping a little closer to Flynn. "W-we should stay close together.. Oui?"

*(Translation: Thick)
"That would probably be the best plan," Flynn replied. "We should probably try to look around more, see if there's anyone to help us here."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"fine , I guess , though it's still kinda hard to do that , with all these fog , but if you guys want , sure"
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"That would probably be the best plan," Flynn replied. "We should probably try to look around more, see if there's anyone to help us here."
"Bien, y-you lead.." Aliah responds hesitantly, looking around in all directions.. The fog un-nerved her as she looked around, thinking anything could be there..
Character Reference
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Scraps, Robin, Nadia wrote:With the sea to the East, the group can proceed either to the north or the south if they wanted to follow the coast.
Aliah wrote:
Diceroll wrote:Perception 6 + 1 = 7. Salvageable Mistake
Even as she stared intently into the mist she could not make any distinguishable shapes. The ones that she did shifted and moved in a surreal manner, disappearing and forming. Just a trick of the eyes and the mist. But it was creepy enough to unnerve anybody.

Ref Ref!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

"Well.... I guess let's get going " scraps hesitated for a second before walking south along the coast. He tried to see through the mist hoping to see some sign of the ship or rescue.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

~\Rook/~ wrote:"Bien, y-you lead.." Aliah responds hesitantly, looking around in all directions.. The fog un-nerved her as she looked around, thinking anything could be there..
"Alright, let's go," Flynn said as he started walking the opposite direction from the water, looking around for anything of interest as he went.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets