HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate

Post by Jacey »

"Well no, I actually never played any kind of musical instrument. Though I had been curious about the guitars."
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Drake wrote:"Well no, I actually never played any kind of musical instrument. Though I had been curious about the guitars."
"Yeah? Sounds cool. i don't play either. Stubby arms and all that.... " He punctuated the joke with a half smirk. As he talked he was still flipping through the albums. He pulled out a copy of the Smashing Pumpkins Siamese dream and added it to his stack.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke stood by with Serenade as Ray questioned them again but seeing the cat stop himself and move past the point he let a nervous smile creep up, he was still completely foreign to music but at least they weren't on the last subject anymore and Serenade's smile made him feel a bit more at ease, though he still stayed a bit more silent. Not starting with best streak right now so he just smiled in agreement with Serenade's response about the music.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, that's no problem. It's always fun to try them. Or we've heaps of music you can listen to too. Or we can, you know, talk to each other and get to know each other a bit. Up to you." suggests Ray with a wink.

"You know," Jack says to Gage, having over heard the dog's worry. "We do have a couple of sizes of guitar. We have some that are three quarter or half size. We also have electric. I'm sure we could find something that you could reach if you were interested. Or, we have a variety of other instruments that might suit you to. The choice is yours. And if you'll excuse my listening in earlier, I couldn't help but overhear you were interested in trying some classical music." The man holds up a CD of an orchestral rendition of "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor".
"I find that Bach is quite popular among the dogs." he jokes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Well, that's no problem. It's always fun to try them. Or we've heaps of music you can listen to too. Or we can, you know, talk to each other and get to know each other a bit. Up to you." suggests Ray with a wink.
"well.......even though I'd love to learn more about your types of music , perhaps getting to know each other a little bit more would be good to" Serenade smiled
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke showed a smile as they talked about music but when the feline suggested getting to know each other he couldn't help but notice the wink and feel a little paranoid, just slightly enough to make him think. But remembering where he was he just as easily shrugged it off as nothing, smiling as Serenade agreed with the feline and giving a small nod.
"What would you like to know?"
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Hlaoroo wrote:
"You know," Jack says to Gage, having over heard the dog's worry. "We do have a couple of sizes of guitar. We have some that are three quarter or half size. We also have electric. I'm sure we could find something that you could reach if you were interested. Or, we have a variety of other instruments that might suit you to. The choice is yours. And if you'll excuse my listening in earlier, I couldn't help but overhear you were interested in trying some classical music." The man holds up a CD of an orchestral rendition of "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor".
Gage, engaged in his conversation with Draco and not seeing Jack approach, was startled and quickly took a step back. "Sorry, you snuck up on me." He took a second to regain some semblance of composure and dignity before continuing. "And I think I'll have to pass on the instrument for now. I don't exactly have the funds to pick up a new hobby on a whim.Maybe some other time."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Well, that's no problem. It's always fun to try them. Or we've heaps of music you can listen to too. Or we can, you know, talk to each other and get to know each other a bit. Up to you." suggests Ray with a wink.

Draco listened briefly to Gage's conversation with Jack. He to couldn't really afford a new hobby as is, especially when he was saving up for a newer telescope. Actually Jack, may I at least try the guitar, see if I even like using it?" He asked Jack, he was interested in trying a Guitar.
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, what are you comfortable sharing? How about we start with the basics? Where are you from and what do you like to do for fun?" Ray's tail waves contentedly in the manner peculiar to cats.

"Oh, I'm sorry! That was completely unintentional! Please forgive me! That's quite understandable though. You'll be welcome back to visit any time you like though and you can certainly try the instruments for free anyway if you like." Slotting the CD back into its place on the shelf, Jack turns to Draco.
"You can certainly try one. Have you any idea what sort you'd like? Acoustic, electric or something in-between?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Well, what are you comfortable sharing? How about we start with the basics? Where are you from and what do you like to do for fun?" Ray's tail waves contentedly in the manner peculiar to cats.
"well , um , I'm not really sure how to describe it , but I'm.....well I'm from some place quite far from here , I just came here yesterday actually ."
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Well, what are you comfortable sharing? How about we start with the basics? Where are you from and what do you like to do for fun?" Ray's tail waves contentedly in the manner peculiar to cats.
Duke shifted slightly, the cat not exactly hitting his comfortable spot right now. Letting Serenade explain first he listened politely and showed a warm smile and when she finished he looked from her to the feline, speaking sternly but not rudely
"I'm from out of town away from here. As for Fun well... I like to uhh..Hunt, and...well I don't know a lot of stuff I did for fun. Though being in this town has been pretty entertaining"
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

"Oh, I'm sorry! That was completely unintentional! Please forgive me! That's quite understandable though. You'll be welcome back to visit any time you like though and you can certainly try the instruments for free anyway if you like." Slotting the CD back into its place on the shelf, Jack turns to Draco.
"You can certainly try one. Have you any idea what sort you'd like? Acoustic, electric or something in-between?"
I am not sure. What do you think might be easier for a beginner? asked Draco
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, that really depends on you." answers Jack. "What kind of music do you want to play?"

"Funnily enough I only got here yesterday too but I haven't had a chance to get out and about yet. Sorry, Duke, I can see you're not quite comfortable. Is there something you'd rather talk about or somewhere you need to be?" Ray queries, noticing the fox shifting.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

"what kind of music is played on the guitar? I might just make my own music if I do play. Said Draco.
RP Characters:
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Gage listened to the conversation happening in front of him with mild interest. His mind wandered a bit as he thought about maybe picking up an instrument some day. It wouldn't be today but he figured he could at least listen to the pitch.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn silently walked up behind Ray and tapped him on his shoulder. "Do you have any trombones?" he asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ray jumps slightly and spins around in surprise as he's tapped on the shoulder. Chuckling, embarrassed, he answers the question warmly.
"We sure do! You guys wanna come for a wander while I show Lyn the trombones?" he asks the foxes.

"Well, anything you like, really. Jazz, swing, pop, metal, rock, country, classical, flamenco.... I even saw a guy on Youtube playing ragtime on a guitar! So it's really up to you what you want to play."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:Ray jumps slightly and spins around in surprise as he's tapped on the shoulder. Chuckling, embarrassed, he answers the question warmly.
"We sure do! You guys wanna come for a wander while I show Lyn the trombones?" he asks the foxes
"Well , I would love to"
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

"I can figure that out later then Jack. Draco said, as he started to walk over to the guitars. "Let's see if I can even play one of them" Staring at them he began to ask "Um, may I go a head and grab one?"
RP Characters:
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

How's it going you two? Miles thought to the foxes.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

xhunterko wrote:How's it going you two? Miles thought to the foxes.
Everything's ok Miles , this cat is showing us around his music shop ,it's just that we don't have much chance to go to somewhere like this , so it's kind of weird
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Marine Fox wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:"Funnily enough I only got here yesterday too but I haven't had a chance to get out and about yet. Sorry, Duke, I can see you're not quite comfortable. Is there something you'd rather talk about or somewhere you need to be?" Ray queries, noticing the fox shifting.
Hearing Ray point out that he seemed uncomfortable made the Fox straighten a bit and stand still, forcing a smile and a calm tone as he spoke
"Oh No, I'm fine. Just haven't seen a place like this before is all."
Hlaoroo wrote:Ray jumps slightly and spins around in surprise as he's tapped on the shoulder. Chuckling, embarrassed, he answers the question warmly.
"We sure do! You guys wanna come for a wander while I show Lyn the trombones?" he asks the foxes.
"Sure"
Duke spoke more quietly mainly just for himself, but no matter he still felt he needed to stick close for some unconscious reason.
xhunterko wrote:How's it going you two? Miles thought to the foxes.
"Uhh It's going... well... I suppose. I guess I could say good"

(OOC: Please excuse the double post, I was just trying to edit my previous one)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Cool. Let's do it." Ray leads the way towards the trombones, completely oblivious to the telepathic communication taking place.
"For hygiene reasons you can't actually play any of these trombones as they are all for sale but you can get them down and have a fiddle with them. If you want to try actually playing one, you can have a go on dad's one out the back. Do you know how to play?" he asks Lyn.

"Please do." invites Jack. "Just try not to scratch them with your claws, okay?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Draco looked down at his paws, being a bit more self conscious about them now. "Thanks for letting me try it Jack" he replied "I promise to be gentle". He reached up and grabbed an acoustic guitar that was within reach. The instrument felt clunky and hard to handle while standing up. sitting down seemed to help a bit more.

Draco did remember seeing some people on street corners playing the guitar before, usually they had one hand on the long stick end. He tried to form his paws around that part, trying to mimic the hand motion. With his other paw he began to pick at the strings, hoping that the sound he was now making was somewhat nice. "This feels very awkward" he said, as the guitar started to slip from his lap. He quickly pawed it gently back to position. "I am not sure I could be use to this". He still was trying out the guitar, finding a better position and still trying to mimic what he could remember.
RP Characters:
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Yeah, my dad taught me." Lyn said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

That's cool! You guys find any instruments you like yet? Miles thought to the two.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That's cool! We should jam sometime! You play jazz or do you do more classical stuff?" queries the cat as he passes Lyn a trombone from the pegs on the wall.

"Hmm..." Jack takes another guitar from the wall and switches it for the one in Draco's paws.
"Try this one. It's a three-quarter so it's a little smaller but it might fit you more comfortably. Try this too." Jack takes a strap off a display and hooks it to the guitar over Draco's shoulders. He tightens it a bit and then nods.
"Try playing it standing. Let the strap take the weight. See how that feels. Trust e, it is weird at first but you do get used to it pretty quick."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Draco lets jack swap the guitar out. This one was smaller and seemed to fit much better. Standing up he still held the guitar and gently let go of the instrument. Being unsure if just suddenly letting it go might damage it. The smaller guitar was a much better fit, and the strap helped a lot. "This is better Draco said, But is there a better way to play this without my using my paws?
RP Characters:
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"We should. I usually play classical stuff, but I've played a bit of jazz." Lyn said, moving the slide back and forth. He also pressed the trigger down and looked up and down the instrument.

(OOC: I'm going to assume that the trombone is a trigger trombone.)
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

xhunterko wrote:That's cool! You guys find any instruments you like yet? Miles thought to the two.
instrument......I'm not sure , exactly , I don't remember much about any of these musical stuff
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

xhunterko wrote:That's cool! You guys find any instruments you like yet? Miles thought to the two.
Duke continued to look around, quite confused at how some of these instruments could produce a melodic sound.

"Uhhh I'm not sure what any of them are... heh"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Indeed there is." Jack takes a random pick from a box on the shelf and shows Draco how to hold and use it.
"You can strum with this. You're always goign to need to use your paw to press the strings on the neck to make the different notes though."

Over in the brass section, Ray lifts another trombone down.
"We have both trigger and regular trombones. Which do you normally play? What classical composers do you like? You know, you two can feel free to look at things too." Ray tells the foxes after questioning Lyn.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Over in the brass section, Ray lifts another trombone down.
"We have both trigger and regular trombones. Which do you normally play? What classical composers do you like? You know, you two can feel free to look at things too." Ray tells the foxes after questioning Lyn.
"Thank you" Serenade smiled , still looking around the place , there was something at the back of her mind , but the fox barely notice it at the moment...
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

How can you guys not know anything about music?! Okay, that's it, gimme a second. Miles thought to the foxes. And with that, he entered the build, invisible of course, made his way to the back, and picked up a thumb piano.

Hubert help me not to freeze this thing. He thought to the ghost dragon, hoping he'd hear. And then he began to play an Irish tune. Making the tiny instrument seem like it's playing by itself! If any were to see it of course.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Draco took the pick from Jacks hand and began to strum. pressing down on random strings. The sound was much better and didn't sound to terribly. He continued for a while doing so, then looked up; "how was that Jack?" he asked.
xhunterko wrote:How can you guys not know anything about music?! Okay, that's it, gimme a second. Miles thought to the foxes. And with that, he entered the build, invisible of course, made his way to the back, and picked up a thumb piano.

Hubert help me not to freeze this thing. He thought to the ghost dragon, hoping he'd hear. And then he began to play an Irish tune. Making the tiny instrument seem like it's playing by itself! If any were to see it of course.
Suddenly he heard a piano play in the background, he looked over but Ray wasn't playing a piano, nor anyone else. "I didn't know you had automatic instruments" he said still staring at the piano, I actually didn't know they could float.
RP Characters:
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles carefully set the instrument back on the counter. But in the meantime, continued to play.

Every single one of these instruments makes a different musical sound like this one. It's a form of artistic expression. Miles thought to the foxes.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

xhunterko wrote:Miles carefully set the instrument back on the counter. But in the meantime, continued to play.

Every single one of these instruments makes a different musical sound like this one. It's a form of artistic expression. Miles thought to the foxes.
I see.....um.... Serenade thought , moving closer to the instrument
sounds......huh.......I've met something like this before......the sound I mean....
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That was g-" The word ends in a strangled sound as the man and his wife spot the floating instrument playing all by itself. His jaw opening and closing soundlessly, Jack remains riveted to the spot, staring uncomprehendingly at the kalimba. Jen stops playing her piano and cautiously makes her way over to it. She quickly snatches at the air above and below it, looking for some kind of trick but finds nothing. She stumbles backwards and grabs a nearby shelf for support as it lowers itself to the desk and continues playing.

Ray, hearing the strange sound from his owner, hangs the trombone back on the wall and turns to see what the problem is. He too spots the floating, self-playing instrument. Sensing something out of the ordinary his hackles raise and he hisses at the thumb piano, his claws coming out. He makes no move towards it though, staring at it as intently as only a fearful cat can.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Gage wasn't shocked. By now this kind of thing was pretty normal for this town. He was however very curious. Hey miles is that you? Because if it's not we got another one.
He walked up and put a hand on rays shoulder, "Hey man. Bring it down a notch for a second. I might know what's going on.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Seeing everyone's reaction, Draco suddenly felt more nervous. He would be okay with a trick. tricks were fun, but this wasn't a tick. He stood frozen unsure of what to say or do now.
RP Characters: