Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Redwall

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

With that, Peter just held him close, stroking his young friend's head as best he could and let him cry whilst trying hard not to tear up himself.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Trevor stood alone. He was arms crossed as he examined a large hidden clearing, the many dents and pockets of sunk dirt was in front of hin where grass and bushes would have been, but most was regrowing now. He pondered many things but his assumption to a ground force was correct. Markings of large hiw like things showed into the ground as well as deep holes hinting to tents. The horror was the organization of all the marks in the ground, it was nearly military like. Then there were the holes in the tree tops likely for the birds to pick up these box like areas and fly off. But it was all to old to tell where they may have gone, and no tracks led away from the area. Trevor pondered many things at once at what he saw before leaving to join brock and the rest.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The giant badger seats himself next to the grieving mouse and puts an arm around his and the vole's shoulders, squeezing them both into a hug which is surprisingly tender for his large size. He knows better than to make any promises about it being all right so instead he just holds them and allows the mouse to grieve.
"Trevor. You're back. What did you find?" he asks quietly as the raccoon reappears.

==========
"It is, isn't it? My efforts at binding aren't half as nice. Maybe one day after years of practise when I've an apprentice of my own I'll be as good. Ah well, one can hope. How did your drawing go?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, no' so bad, M'Cariad," Owain half joked, showing Brum the chalk drawing of a small Cart. It's neither symmetrical nor shown in scale but it's a decent attempt.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter found he liked to warmth of being held by a gentle grown up. It was a bit like being hugged by a father. "Can't do... too much crying in front of the Hares, Charles," he said, trying a joke, "imagine how embarrassed they'll be when they start crying, eh?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles sobs once more, then takes a deep breath. He wipes his face with the edge of his cloak and moves away from the badger, trying to get his nerves down.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Calder looked up from the book he was reading through. There were no mention of swords and was about to look for another when he heard Brum mention she found the book. "Oh wonderful!" He shouted, though he enjoyed the library, he was more glad that he didn't need to look anymore. He kept feeling like he was missing it.

Calder walked over to Brum to also look at the book. He definitely couldn't read the writing. Noticing the wagon drawing and that he would have to work on it later, "It is fine enough if we need to use it for fixing the wagon. What was it again, the wheels?
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Nonsense. Crying is nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, I wish I was still like you... You should have seen me after my first battle. You'd have thought I was a naughty dibbun rather than a badger Lord of Salamandastron with all the crying I was doing. So feel free to cry all you need to. Trust me, it's better than bottling it all up. I know from experience." Brock does let Charles and Peter pull away though.

==========
"Looks good so far. Er... That's the front, right?" Brum queries uncertainly, pointing a claw at the picture.
"He's building a wagon for Ambrose from scratch. Ambrose suggested using the wheels of that old wheelbarrow." she tells Calder.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Feeling a bit better, Charles?" Peter asked. "Shall we go on?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ah, we're makin' it from crafu... scratch, Cald'r," Owain stated, before realising Brum had just said the same. "Wheels'r a spec'lty."
Hlaoroo wrote:"Looks good so far. Er... That's the front, right?" Brum queries uncertainly, pointing a claw at the picture.
"'T'is," Owain told Brum. "Th' narr'w'r bits're for hooks so's it c'n be pull'd by ropes an' 'ooks if need'd."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles clears his throat. Yeah... Nothing is going to be done if I don't get control of myself.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

"And youve done so quite quickley my assumption to a ground force is correct, i found an old campsite where they may have kept prisoners. Its too old to tell much however. I do beleive that birds have an influence on this as well" trevor said
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I might." agrees Brum, having guessed the meaning of "ysgol". "Would you like me to teach you as I teach Owain, Sara?"
"I would love to" Sara said happily , and stood behind Brum as she put a strange book on the table
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Friend!" Aldryd called up, "I was here just yesterday!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Great! It's settled then! Interesting design, Owain... Should there be something to stop the barrels rolling around if they're not so big as to reach the sides?" queries Brum as she tries to visualise the finished cart.

==========
"Charles made no mention of a ground force in his recollections though. Nor are there tracks of any kind of vermin around here, only those of my hares and Charles' group." observes Brock, puzzled.

==========
"Oh... Well, then come on in!" Wayland opens the gates to admit the otter and shuts them again after he's inside.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"A'course, Brum," Owain admitted, sketching in some holding curves, "Bu' I'd need t' see th' barrels first for the maint... um size."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"May...maybe there w...were two groups?" Peter asked, now beginning to get nervous again.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I didn't see a single vermin. My grandfather was good at keeping eyes peeled for them, but he didn't catch the birds. Charles replied.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"V...vermin are sneaky s...so I hear?" Peter looked around nervously.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lib'ary's most impressiv' I've e'er seen," Owain said, looking up from the tome. "Bet'r even than the lib'ary in tywysog llygoden fawr's cas'le in Chirk. Uh, he's a March'r Prince."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh, thanks. I'm sure Ambrose will be happy to show you his barrels whenever you get down there. Can you make something that's adjustable for different sizes though?" queries Brum as she begins carefully turning the pages of the heavy book, searching for the reference she's after.

==========
"If they've taken prisoners it's both good sign and a worry. Good because it means they may still be alive but bad because it means they must have a force somewhere to keep the prisoners under control. What they want them for could also be cause for concern. They might want a ransom but they could also be using them to build something or for... worse things... Peter, you're a local. Do you know of anywhere you could keep a band of prisoners? Are there any old settlements or homes anywhere nearby that have been thought to have been abandoned?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Peter swallowed hard. It seemed they needed his 'knowledge' but did he have any to offer? "Um," he started, "I..I can't b..be sure as I, um, haven't, um, left the Abbey very often? or ever," he added under his breath, "But... but I do know pe...people talk of an, um, really large abandoned Drey n...near Mossflower? It'd, err, be sort of the, um, right ground wouldn't it?" He smiled hopefully, then remembered it wasn't the sort of thing to be happy about and managed to drop the smile - mostly. "Oh," he continued, "there...there's also this, um, q...quarry we used to, um, use? That's big too!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"A'course," Owain said to Brum and the others, "Ev'n if it's jus' remov'ble chuksa wood."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles put an arm around Peter's shoulder so he'd know that Charles was there for him.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd tromped his way onto the grounds of the abbey and wasted no time in advancing to the building proper, looking for other people to meet up with. He approached the library
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That's very helpful. Thank you. We'll have to see if the abbey has any more information on those places. What about... James, was it? I'll be interested to hear what he's found when he gets back." The badger turns and gets a report from another hare which doesn't really provide much useful information.

==========
"Ingenious! Absolutely ingenious!" exclaims Brum. "I think we were lucky to find you!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah, rec'n it's me in luck, M'Cariad," Owain said with a smile as he looked up to Brum.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Peter gave Charles a one armed hug. "I can be...be brave if you can," he said quietly.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'm trying my best... Charles whispered back.
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

After finishing his breakfast and wandering around the Great Hall for a bit he decided to go to the library. After getting directions from a mouse he made his way up stairs to the library.
I'm losing my grip on sanity one finger at a time.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd strode int the library, but froze just a few steps into the door. He'd been told it was large, but this was a bit overwhelming like the rest of the abbey
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Calder walked around for a while just looking at the shelves while everyone else were in their own conversations. He then noticed the two new faces he stopped and greeted them "Hello there. Come on in, nothing is happening that is private, you aren't interrupting anything" he said
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Mornin' fellows. Big fella," Owain added, nodding to Aldryd.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

It took the otter man a moment to really respond, "Oh, yes. I am fine this morning." he said slowly, "How can there be so many books...?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain grinned. "I know," he said, "more books 'ere than beasts in th' byd... uh, w'rld, isn'it?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh! Morning Aldryd! Did you get some breakfast on the way up? There might still be some if you're lucky. I'm glad you like the library though. All the knowledge ever written down by Redwallers and even some from our predecessors who came from Loamhedge across the Southern Plains is in this very room."

~#~#~
"Now," says Brock. "While we wait for the others to get back, I need two creatures to undertake a ery daring and risky mission. I think a mouse and a vole should be perfect for the role. They'll need to be strong, brave, daring and dashing. They'll face danger and fight off marauding foebeasts. Above all, they'll have to guard the provisions from the hares. As recompense, they'll get an extra wedge of cheese at lunch. Know any creatures who could take on this mighty challenge?"
The badger is only half joking and casts a starn glare at a hare who's getting dangerously close to the twin satchels on the pretext of examining some tracks.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'll volunteer Charles if he'll volunteer me," Peter said, standing a little taller.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles nodded. You've got your guards right here! Charles wrapped a paw around Peter's shoulders as he saluted.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Esper wrote:It took the otter man a moment to really respond, "Oh, yes. I am fine this morning." he said slowly, "How can there be so many books...?"
"good morning , sir Aldryd" Sara smiled at the otter , temporarily look away from Brum's book , and Owain's drawings
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Yes, I have eaten my morning's meal..." Aldryd said, still in wonder at the place's size and scale, "And good morning to you as well Sara. Are you here... Reading?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course, sir!" Peter nipped over to the items he assumed they were supposed to guard and got between them and the approaching Hare. "Two things, sir? Eating now means you can't eat it later? And I think the Lord has spotted you."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Y'c'min' in, Aaron?" Owain called to the figure in the doorway.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Esper wrote:"Yes, I have eaten my morning's meal..." Aldryd said, still in wonder at the place's size and scale, "And good morning to you as well Sara. Are you here... Reading?"
"I , erm , well , kind of , yes . I.....can't read much of these though"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Alexander wandered into the library. "Good morning everyone." he greeted, noticing everyone in the library.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"'xand'r, c'mon in!" Owain said loudly, befoe recalling he was in a library. "Group's all 'ere."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter did his best to watch over the lunches.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles stood next to Peter and sighed.
Noonvale wasn't built in a day... Charles said quietly to himself.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

serence ice fox wrote:
Esper wrote:"Yes, I have eaten my morning's meal..." Aldryd said, still in wonder at the place's size and scale, "And good morning to you as well Sara. Are you here... Reading?"
"I , erm , well , kind of , yes . I.....can't read much of these though"
"No... I don't think I could read most of these books myself either." Aldryd shrugged