HPU?: Apollo City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

MrNeonShot

Re: Pet Friendly?: Apollo City

Post by MrNeonShot »

It'd be taking a job that other people may need. I could always do volunteer work, though! Orion replied happily.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:Both Kat and Vi turned to look at the TV screen. The fox raised her hand and waved, watching herself on the TV. She turned back to the genet, looking at him dubiously.
"I'm not sure how much I like that..."
The woman sighed, glancing over to the fox.
"You really wanna go?"
"Yes!" Vi's eyes gleamed with puppy-ish excitement, Kat should never tell if it was an act or not, but life would be a lot easier if she acted how she did right then all the time.
With a great sigh, the woman reluctantly agreed.
"Fine. But some ground rules." "Aww man, hate these..."
"Firstly, you are not to leave the complex without me. Notify me if you plan to. Second, do not leave Jemmy's side. You follow him, so I can follow up on you, okay."
"Fiiiiine..." Vi responses, sounding exasperated. The woman turns her attention to Jemmy.
"Thank you Jemmy, and I do apologize if it inconveniences you. You listen to direct orders correct? Then if you will can you please ensure that Viria here stays within your approximate vicinity. And if she does try to disappear can you please contact me immediately?" "Geez where's the trust..."
Jemmy nodded. "This can be done. Viria, please follow me. I am going to the Walkers to expand my social interactions. And perhaps you could prove yourself useful in teaching me something more about social wildlife."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Please forgive me in the case that I do not have records of you," Caeruleus chimed, "My OS was wiped recently."

Annette put on a pleasant smile, "Ah, I remember you now! I'm glad Wealthy is doing well on his own." she said through slightly gritted teeth, still sounding little bitter about having been made to miss her meeting
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wealthy pulled up a chair for Dust to sit in next to Ashe.
Come sit over here, it looks pretty lonely over there. Wealthy said.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Volunteer work is always appreciated too. There's always lots to do." The three turn a corner and soon arrive outside Dust's house. Kelly reaches up and rings the bell.
"JD was debating offering tours of the theatre so people can see what goes on behind the scenes. How would you like to be a tour guide?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'm not good at remembering things, so being a tour guide wouldn't be the best job for me. Orion said. But I'd love to take the tour!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Oh, thanks." Dust said, sitting in the chair.
------------
Rock got up and answered the door. "Hello, Orion, Kelly and Todd. How can I help you?" he asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"We'd be glad to give it to you." Kelly turns to the door as it opens.
"Good morning, Mr. Glacia." Kelly greets with a polite bow. "Todd is in need of repairs so we came to seek your assistance. His power level sensors and probably battery need replacing. We have payment for all services and parts in whichever form is most convenient for you."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Good morning, sir! Orion replied.
---
Wealthy was completely fine with the quiet, but it was odd for Ashe to be quiet. She had talked the hole way here and chatted with everyone. So, Wealthy broke the silence.
So, uh... Hows it like in Apollo City? he asked.
valerio

Post by valerio »

When they were back in front of the Walkers', Jemmy rang the bell. Vi just decided to wait on the anidroid's actions for now. This guy promised to be *much* interesting...
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Oh okay. Well, come on in." Rock said, gesturing for Kelly and the others to come inside.
----------------
"It's really nice. There's a lot more to do than you'd think." Dust said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thank you." Todd and Kelly lead Orion into the house and then stand in the hallway to await further instructions.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Orion stood like the droids, but he looked around the hallway as he waited for Rock.
---
Wealthy nodded and tapped his digits on the table in thought.
Uh... How long have you been here? he asked.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Follow me." Rock said, walking down the hallway and into his workshop. "Come here Todd." he said, once they all got there.
-------------
Dust thought for a moment. "I think 3-4 years. I lost track." he said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Cool... Wealthy said. He looked around the shop, having finished his oil.
Do you guys want to head out? He asked Dust and Ashe.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

As they're programmed to, the droids follow all the instructions to the letter, Todd stopping in front of Mr Glacia and climbing onto the work bench as indicated.
"Have you any idea of the cost or the time this will take?" Kelly queries as Todd shuts himself down so that Mr Glacia can work on him safely.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Orion watched as Todd climbed onto the table, but didn't say anything.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Sure." Dust replied.
--------
"Not at the moment. I'll have to see what condition he's in." Rock said, beginning to work on Todd.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Fair enough. So... Orion... Would you like to practise working as an usher or doorpet while we wait? So long as that's not too distracting for you, Mr. Glacia?"
When Mr Glacia opens Todd he'll find that the droid's battery is fried, having corroded and leaked, damaging some of the nearby wiring. This has caused a short-circuit in the power level sensing unit which has caused some soldering in there to melt too, rendering the unit little more than a giant resistor. Both the battery unit and casing and the power sensing unit and its housing will need to be replaced. It's a wonder Todd has been operating like this as long as he has.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Rock was shocked at what he found. "Wow, I'll have to replace everything. How have you been surviving with these parts? No, it's fine, he can practice." he said.
Last edited by hypernovatic on Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I guess so. I don't know how to, though... Orion said.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

The Walkers reacted to the doorbell ringing with a groan. Dang it, we were just about to start filming! Don't worry I'll get it, you keep setting up the hologram room. Noah told his dad before walking to and opening the door. Before him he saw a genet anidroid and a fox, both of whom he had never seen before. If you're here to sell us Girl Scout cookies, we already have a whole cupboard full of them.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Todd, completely deactivated, cannot hear or respond to Rock so Kelly does it for him.
"We think he was a faulty build so he may have always been like it but it's only recently that it's really started causing problems. We can't risk him shutting down mid-flight over the stage while he's running special effects or hanging up a lighting rig." Kelly spots a chair near the wall and decides to use that to help train Orion.
"It's okay, Orion. I'll teach you. We'll start with ushering. First you ask to see my ticket, and then you take me to the seat which matches the number printed thereon." Kelly prints a fake ticket that looks just like the real thing except that the show was twenty years ago and the name of the guest printed on it is "SAMPLE". She shows Orion where the ticket says "Floor Row 31, Seat K".
"This means you take me through the doors on the ground floor, not to the balcony, and you walk down to one row below where my seat is - in this case you'd go to row thirty. That's so you can stand out of the way so that the guests can get into the row. You then point to row thirty one and invite me to seat myself in seat K. Shall we try it? We've only got one chair here but we can pretend."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Okay, I'll see what I can do." Rock said as he started digging through drawers for parts.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

Legotron123 wrote:The Walkers reacted to the doorbell ringing with a groan. Dang it, we were just about to start filming! Don't worry I'll get it, you keep setting up the hologram room. Noah told his dad before walking to and opening the door. Before him he saw a genet anidroid and a fox, both of whom he had never seen before. If you're here to sell us Girl Scout cookies, we already have a whole cupboard full of them.
"The boy and girl scouts organisations are not active on this location," Jemmy said, tilting his head. "I am Jemmy and this is my attaché, Viara, or Vi if you prefer. Unlike me, she is a 100% biological entity." The fox wiggled her paw in salute. Ohh, but this was SO going to be interesting!
Jemmy offered his paw. "It's a honor to make your acquaintance."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Despite it being full of fur, Noah went sheet white. Excuse me for a moment. Noah said with a nervous smile on his face, before closing the door. If Jemmy and Vi listened very, very closely they could hear what sounded like someone screaming a non-PG word that was muffled by soundproof walls. HESHEREHESHEREHESHEREHESHERE!!!!!!!!!!!! Noah yelled at his dad as he panicked. The KRATOS guy!?! YES!! WHAT DO WE DO!?! The only thing left. Tell him the truth. After activating the lockdown procedure we built it case of a zombie apocalypse. As James covered every possible entrance with those metal blinds you see in the front windows of closed stores, Noah opened the male slot to speak to Jemmy. Look Jemmy. When you first paged us from the lobby, we kinda panicked. We payed to have the fact that we live here removed from the public records, so the only way we could think of for you to have found out where we live was hacking the government records, which implies a LOT of power. That combined with the whole "misinterpreted why you were connected to our wifi and tried to shut you out," we kinda thought you wanted revenge against us. I mean, you don't just go to someone's apartment and say, "hey! You're interesting! Can I get to know you?" It makes people suspicious. So if you can prove to us that you don't want revenge, we'll let you in. Also, don't try to force your way in. Every single inch of this apartment is protected enough to survive a meteor shower.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Orion walks up to Kelly.
May I see your ticket? he asks.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Jemmy processed the information with attention.
Apparently, to win the trust of the Walkers, he had to prove them he could actually be a danger to them. Which went against a direct order from his master to keep a low profile.
And yet, Doc and Asur could use precious information about such reclusive subjects. In fact, their security measures could be applied to Doc's lab...
"I will take your offer. I can show you the weak point in your defenses. If you decide, after that, that i can constitute a resource rather than a threat, you will provide me basic information about your security systems. Is that an acceptable agreement?
"If, on the other hand, should you refuse, I will leave and never get in touch with you again in respect to your privacy."
Last edited by valerio on Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Certainly." replies Kelly, handing over the ticket for Orion's perusal. Confident that Rock has the situation with Todd under control, she keeps her full attention on Orion.
"ould you direct me to my seat, please?" she queries politely.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Absolutely! Orion replies. He takes the ticket and reads the number. He nods and leads Kelly to the open seat. He walks behind it and points to the seat.
Here it is, Madam. he says with a smile.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Rock pulled most of the parts that he needed out of the drawers. "There are one or two parts that I don't have, but I can improvise with what I've got." he told Kelly as he walked out of the room and returned with a laser cutter.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thank you." Kelly seats herself and then begins pointing out the few errors that Orion has made.
"You did very well but there's just a couple of small things." Getting to her paws again, Kelly demonstrates.
"Rather than standing behind the chair, we like to stand in front so that the guest knows to go no further. Also, we don't enter the row, rather we stay on the aisle. So if this seat was the end of the row, to show you where to sit, I'd stand over... here and gesture to the row like this... Other than that you did well." Kelly smiles encouragingly at the dog.
hypernovatic wrote:Rock pulled most of the parts that he needed out of the drawers. "There are one or two parts that I don't have, but I can improvise with what I've got." he told Kelly as he walked out of the room and returned with a laser cutter.
"What parts do you require? Orion and I could attempt to procure them while you work to remove the old parts." suggests Kelly.
"Atlas would sell spare parts, correct, Orion?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Atlas Incorporated is an organization that works on biological and geological research. We don't sell parts for robots, sorry... Orion replied with a shrug.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"No, there's no need for that. I could always put a potato in your friend's head." Rock joked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh. I apologise for my misunderstanding. Do you know of anywhere else that would sell parts, Orion?" Kelly turns to Rock, her CPU whirring briefly.
"I believe that was a joke however I do not have the data required to correctly interpret it. I apologise, Mr. Glacia. I must insist that you do not replace Todd's parts with vegetables though."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Maybe walmart? But I don't think Todd is a normal anidroid, so his battery type may not be there. Orion replied. Maybe check the internet?
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Esper wrote:"Please forgive me in the case that I do not have records of you," Caeruleus chimed, "My OS was wiped recently."

Annette put on a pleasant smile, "Ah, I remember you now! I'm glad Wealthy is doing well on his own." she said through slightly gritted teeth, still sounding little bitter about having been made to miss her meeting
Avery nodded to Caeruleus.
"It's alright." The dog says understandingly and smiled. "It just gives us another chance to say hello for the first time." Repeating the line he's said many times before during his years as a helper dog.
"Yes, and he seems to be functioning quite well." He continues, now turning to Annette. "What you did was pretty amazing. Is that something that happens often in your line of work?" Avery asks, curious of what exactly the woman does.
--------------------------------------
Vi left the talking to Jemmy for now, occupying herself by staring at the ceiling.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Yeah, it was a joke. I would never do that. There's no need to worry about getting parts. I've got what I need." Rock said, putting some wiring in.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Understood. Thank you. Shall we do some more practise then, Orion? You could try again with what I told you." Kelly moves back a bit as thou entering the "theatre" again.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Annette chuckled lightly, scratching the back of her disheveled head, "Well, working with AIs is pretty commonplace, but totally reformatting them is relatively unheard of." she grinned, about to spill over into a wave of technical speak, "And so is having the government hiring a freelance, but I guess I'm just that good!"