Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Redwall

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Noonvale? That's a good season's march away from here and almost the opposite direction to Salamandastron. I'd say head towards Salamandastron first since that's the direction they would have come to Redwall from. Lead on, you two. We'll follow... Mossbank, you say, Charles? That's not too far off. Good idea. We'll head that way first. The rangers can show us the exact area where they found you and where you were attacked."

==========
"He's lovely, really. I think of him like a grandfather too." concurs Brum before affirming Calder's statement.
"It was one of the early records... Before the abbey was even built, in the time of Bella of Brockhall... What was the season called? No... this isn't it... Hmm... It was written in the old script, Loamscript they call it... I guess if you can find any books or scrolls you can't read and show them to me, Calder, that would be helpful. Be gentle though because they're some of the oldest records we have."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Owain looked around the room in awe. "Quite a llyfrgell y'ave 'ere, Brum," he said. "I'll have t' learn t' read the' language now." He watched Brum show her athletisism on the shelves.
Brum stops her searching momentarily, her paw on the spine of a book. "You can't read??? Well, I'll soon fix that! We can teach each other, me teach you to read and you teach me your language."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well I don' read th' language yere very well," Owain said casually. "Pick'd up a few bits I need'd on m' travels a' course." He sat back in the chair and watched them work.
--------------------------------------------------------
Peter stayed back, happy but concerned. Watching but trying not to look too scared.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles fell back with Peter, staying next to him.
So far so good...
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"That's true," Peter said, feeling a small surge of confidence.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Owain felt a little lyrical as he watched Brum move across the shelves.

"Mae'r gwiwerod yn y goeden" he said quietly.
dangos gras a sgiliau ac arddull;
ond mae'n un yn yr achosion uchod
sydd wir yn gwneud i mi wenu.

((The squirrels in the tree
show grace and skill and style;
but it's the one in the cases above
that really makes me smile.))
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

"What was that Owain? It sounded lovely in your language." Calder said, while wobbling on a ladder grabbing an old scroll.
These ladders seem kind of weak Brum, you have never fallen off these have you? Also I think this is it, one of the words sounds familiar; Salamandastron. Isn't that where the Badger lords are from? Calder asked as he got off the ladder, small trees seemed sturdier than that silly old ladder. It wasn't that weak when he cleaned the Library the last time.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ta, Cald'r," Owain said, smiling at the compliment as he worked mentally on the translation of the original poem. "'S a drib...Dibbun poem from 'ome. Um... in yer lang'age it'd be, um...
Th' squirrels in th' tree
show grace an' skill an' style;
but it's the ones tha' jump d'rect above
that really mak's y' smile.
" He chuckled. "Fun when young."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The weather feels pretty nice here in the woods... Charles remarked.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Warmer than I thought it would be," Peter admitted, pulling a little at the neck of his hood.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ta, Cald'r," Owain said, smiling at the compliment as he worked mentally on the translation of the original poem. "'S a drib...Dibbun poem from 'ome. Um... in yer lang'age it'd be, um...
Th' squirrels in th' tree
show grace an' skill an' style;
but it's the ones tha' jump d'rect above
that really mak's y' smile.
" He chuckled. "Fun when young."
Calder chuckled at the poems translation. "That is a rather fun poem. Say, mind also teaching me your language? It does sound interesting and if I were to travel it might be useful to know a second language.
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh, it is a nice rhyme. Has a good ring to it... Salamandastron, did you say, Calder? Can I see that, please?" Brum queries, gesturing to the scroll in the other squirrel's paw. She's fairly certain it's not the right one but it can't hurt to double check.

==========
As the hares march through the forest, Brock gradually falls back so he's walking in the middle of the group, leaving the Brigadier to set the pace in front. Falling into step beside Charles, he ponders for a few moments before addressing the mouse.
"How're you holding up, Charles? Is your head okay today?" he begins.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Just a little sore in the face, sir... Charles replied.
They soon make it to the place where they left Grandfather. An obvious indention was left where he once was. Charles became silent suddenly.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Understanding some of the significance, Peter also remained quiet, standing just behind Charles and putting his handpaws on the young mouses' shoulders.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"'Course, C'ld'r," Owain said. "Might need t' op'n a lang'uage class, eh?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles began shaking with anger and sorrow, though he didn't try to show it on his face as he stood there watching the spot with paws clenched and hooded head.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Peter felt the shaking and responded by putting his hands together over Charles' upper chest as he'd seen others do if they wanted to console young ones. "Hey," he said softly, "don't worry. The patrol's great at tracking and these Ranger fellows seem good at it too. They'll find the tracks no problem, eh?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

. . .
Charles made no reply, but his shaking stopped.
What kind of vermin attacks and kidnaps peaceful travelers? he asked with a shaky voice.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ones that have to be shown they're wrong," Peter assured Charles, trying to give himself courage as well as impart it to Charles.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd lumbered away from the village in a slight huff, not having found any proper work to be done there. The otter man came to a crossroads and stopped, wondering which direction would lead him back towards his home
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Trevor and james were explaining their own findings and explaining there own show of what may had passed to the hare captain on arrival to Charles`s point of attack. Trevor soon left with two hares. Later one would return hurriedly with news of faint tracks found.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

As Trevor follows the tracks, they see it growing fainter and fainter. The hare realizes the tracks were just from other beasts passing by. The only evidence from the attack was the sign of struggle, but that was it.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I... I wonder," Peter stammered, certain he was going to sound like an idiot for giving an idea that the others would obviously have considered, "If, um, if... if others around here might... might have seen the birds?" He finished at a lower voice out of embarrassment.
--------------------------
Owain just settled in and watched the others work, wondering if he'd be needed soon.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Dear good chap The hare said to Trevor. All I've found here is the signs of struggle, but beasts have walked by here recently. Shall we look through the trees for any broken branches and the likes that could point us in the direction of the birds? the hare asked.

We could head to the town and ask around there, Lord Brock... Charles said.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

"begins of struggle indeed. But who passes by in a forest when a group tries to stay hidden? With this case it's best we presume that the ground force that Charles spoke of is trying to rid other evidence. Tracks are easy....this is not" trevor explained moving a rope into sight from where he stood. He cut the rope showing one small hole in the trees."its grown back some but this is not a natural clearing. This is a bird's attack. But you can't track a bird's direction since they fly. You'd need an eye on where they fly.Look around some more, and keep close eye one of these tracks leads somewhere and I want to find where"trevor said before taking one faint track leading to the undergrowth. He soon found other prints branching off only heightening his first presumption of the bandits attack. "This is somewhat too coordinated for meager bandits. But if they have attacked here and moved on they had a camp somewhere" Trevor thought before seeming to disappear from the two hares only leaving a visible print in the ground as he followed the faint trail.

_________
James however looked at a map with another front of Brock a bit away. He and the hare were marking position they were at and where the bandits may be located. Once finished he heard Peter and smiled,"actually that is possible, there's a town nearby as Charles is saying and some villagers may have seen such. Lord Brock if we do check the village I beleive it best we don't show the entire force, we don't want to cause a commotion. Also knowing trevor he's probably off to find something now. But something still bugs me on this" James said
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Calder handed Brum the scroll "Here you go." He said as he gave her a quick wink.
RP Characters:
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

meanwhile , Sara's been busy herself lurking around the library , trying to find something easy to read.....did she even remember how to read ?.........
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thanks." It doesn't take Brum long to realise that it's the wrong scroll.
"Hmm, that's not the one. Good try though. Salamandastron is where the badger lords are from. This is an interesting scroll too. It tells the story of how Ferahgo the assassin tried to capture Salamandastron while Redwall was battling off an outbreak of Dryditch Fever. Nearly every creature in the abbey was ill from it that season... It's a very good read but not the one we're after..." Brum continues her search, heading deeper into the dusty records, pulling out scrolls and books that haven't been disturbed in seasons, sending up small clouds of dust.

==========
"Heh. We've had dealings with this village before, James. They're good creatures and will be open and honest with us no matter how many hares we send..." Brock orders ten hares to accompany James to the village and the rest to continue their search and their protection of Charles and Peter.
"Now, Charles. You've been very helpful so far." Brock says encouragingly, squatting as close to the mouse's level as he can get.
"Now that you're out here, is the countryside ringing any bells? Can you think of anything else that might help us that you couldn't remember back at the abbey? Feel free to take a look around and wander a bit if you think it'll help."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Anythin' I c'n 'elp wi', Brum?" Owain asked in a tone that said he wasn't totally sure how to ask. "No' used t' watchin' others do all th' gwaith... uh, work."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter kept close to Charles in case he was needed.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles looked around, then shook his head.
All I remember is that my grandfather was right there when we left. I had to drag him through the ditch with his help to get off the road. Charles said.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd chose a path from the crossroads that looked fairly familiar and started down it, his bare feet making prints in the soft ground
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"There? That ditch?" Brock sends a couple of hares to look. "That's very helpful so far. Anything else? Anythign at all? Was this where the attack happened or did you manage to get away a bit?"

==========
Brum thinks for a moment, not wanting to let Owain out of the chair. Hitting upon an idea, she crosses to the desk and picks up some parchment, a stick of charcoal and a flat piece of slate used as a chalkboard that one of the dibbuns had left there from the school.
"Why don't you make a start on some possible designs for Ambrose's cart? I don't know if you normally draw them or not..." she offers the implements to the mouse uncertainly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The attack was further down the road and branching off to the road leading to the town I mentioned earlier... Charles said.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Al'aes a plan," Owain said with a genuine grin. He accepted the goods and began to sketch things out.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hmm... Finding anything, Sara?" Brum queries before sneezing in the dust.

~#~#~
"That way?" Brock sends a couple more hares in the direction indicated by the mouse.
"Can you talk us through the attack again please? You can take your time if you like. I know i- Dill! Nose out of those provisions! Lunchtime isn't for a good few hours yet!" Caught in the act, the hare shamefacedly goes back to searching for tracks.
"Sorry. They think with their stomachs, hares. Anyway... I know it's probably hard for you to think about but if you could talk us through exactly what happened that day it would be helpful. Was there anything out of the ordinary before the attack happened? What exactly can you remember of the attack?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Hmm... Finding anything, Sara?" Brum queries before sneezing in the dust.
Being lost in her own thoughts as she wandered around the library , Sara nearly jumped to the ceiling when Brum called her
"oh , well , erm.....I....no....I can't read much of these , to be honest"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

serence ice fox wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:"Hmm... Finding anything, Sara?" Brum queries before sneezing in the dust.
Being lost in her own thoughts as she wandered around the library , Sara nearly jumped to the ceiling when Brum called her
"oh , well , erm.....I....no....I can't read much of these , to be honest"
Owain laughed. "Yer goin' t'aveta open a ysgol, Brum!" He inspected the drawing and corrected a few items.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter hung close to Charles to support and kept an alert ear out. It didn't seem quite as frightening as he'd feared out here but he thought Charles might beg to differ.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles thought for a bit and closed his eyes to clear his head.
In the town, me and grandfather went and looked around the different shops...
---
I was walking next to grandfather as he looked around a clothing shop. Out of the window, the only beasts outside were beasts wandering around from our group. But everything was quiet. Perhaps the townsfolk had began making their way to the abbey, so it felt like we had the town to ourselves.

After we all began leaving, I remember seeing a bird from the top of a building. I turned to show grandfather, but when I looked back, it was gone!

So we decided to just keep walking. We made it about halfway down the road when we noticed that everything was extremely quiet. The tree's barely moved, and there wasn't any wind. Suddenly, we were all surrounded by birds! Black birds, smothering us and carrying us off one by one!

---
Thats when my grandfather carried me out of there as fast as he could and... you know the rest of the story...
Charles finished with his recollection and waited for the badger lord's reply.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Slowly, very slowly, Aldryd began to recognize his surroundings from the previous day. The man followed landmarks as they came until he reached the abbey. He looked up to the top of the gate and called out, "Hello? Can I enter here?" in his rough voice and pounding lightly on the door
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I might." agrees Brum, having guessed the meaning of "ysgol". "Would you like me to teach you as I teach Owain, Sara?"
Brum finds an area of dust that's been disturbed recently. Running her paw across the few titles there she soon finds the book she's looking for.
"Aha! Found it! I knew it was here somewhere!" She carries the hefty tome over to where the others can see. Bound in green cloth, the book has strange characters on the cover. Ornate, yet deceptively simple, this is Loamscript and rare is the creature who can read it these days. Brum happens to be one of those lucky few.

==========
"So it was just birds? No land-dwelling creatures at all? That'll make tracking difficult... I wonder if the hares have found anything..."

==========
"Who goes there? Friend or foebeast?" calls Wayland from the walls.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles looked to the ground, his body shaking. A few drops of tears fell from under the hood.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hey," Peter said consolingly as he again put his arms around Charles, "It's OK. You're doing wonderfully, Charles."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Owain hobbled to look over the tome. "Brydferth," he said, looking at it. "Uh, beaut'ful."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles turned around and gave Peter a hug, sobbing into his shoulder.