17th Century Fox

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Kateleo007

Re: 17th Century Fox

Post by Kateleo007 »

"Aye, but I ain't too much help with how twitchy I am righ' now. Plus, I jus' got here! I don't know where everthing is! Why don't ya tell me the ways o' the Impudence, I think that's what this ship's called, over a glass?" Geo answers with a sly tone to his voice. He raises his paw to tip his hat forward, but accidentally pokes himself in the eye. He stifles a yell, and whips his paw back down hoping that no one saw him do it.

Jack the Eevee and Barb the Buizel

George "Geo" Walker......S-8 P-4 E-7 C-7 I-6 A-7 L-3
Thank you kurowolfe for the banner!

3DS Friend Code: 1006 0495 4065
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Si... Before I change my mind... Where shall we go?" Pepito shakes himself before following Ventus.

~#~#~
"... All right...I'll change..." concedes the lad sheepishly. He follows Pinch back to the racks and waits for the bigger rat to recommend a staff. Unbeknownst to the pair, a third rat has slipped in through the entrance and stands leaning against the wall waiting to be noticed. Tackle has a slight, knowing smirk on his muzzle as he watches Pinch heave the staff back into place.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

"ok...here" Pinch said before stopping as he held the staff. he looked around before taking a few sniffs "somethings up....ive been losing my gaurd, i fear i may have been lured into something" Pinch thought before shaking his head as if nothing was going on as a sailor passed by over head. his voice could be heard a little. He then passed a lighter staff just a bit taller than the young rat. "first lets see how you do with this...youll hold it like a sword with both hands. and make sure some of the staff stops at your body" pinch instructed demonstrating how he would attack someone with a sword only to stop when the staff touched his body. "or you can use it as a staff" Pinch said easily sliding the wooden rod back some as he moved to the center of the room, he waved the staff around to show the kid and to also look around the room cautiously. he then faced the child, "understand?
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Si... Before I change my mind... Where shall we go?" Pepito shakes himself before following Ventus.
"well let's just see where our legs take us , unless you want to give me a tour around"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Of course the exuberant lad immediately brandishes the staff as he would a sword.
"Understood. Now what?"

Tackle watches, amused, as he leans on the wall.

~#~#~
"Eh... I will follow you, señor." decides Pepito, gesturing for Ventus to lead the way.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"CATCH!" Pinch yelled before tossing the staff like a spear towards Tackle. he almost regretted the toss upon seeing who it was. "oh....thats who it was" he thought quickly
----
meanwhile james had been with his old crew mates and finished the map. everyone was tired and groaning. James sat with a muscular man in the cell. "thats it?"
the man nodded and james sighed. "you know james...if she didnt sink youd be the captain right now" the man said. James nodded "he had a gift for you when he was to pass but we hid it, look into the flag box. youl understand when you see it. something from him and us, maybe the captain will agree with it....whats his name?" the man said now thinking "palgrave...hes quite the man....id say hes equal to that of our old captain, i even tested him some when trying to keep you men here. Hell talk a storm to bargain off something he wants. but i know he is kind at heart, id follow him to the ends of the seas with you all and the crew here" james said before standing. Nearby Eduardo heard after being curious to the talking he heard when passing by, hed been keeping an eye on james and the brigmates. He then smiled and went on his way, james however left and went to report to the captain.
--------
Blacks had fallen asleep with dune
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Kateleo007 wrote:"Aye, but I ain't too much help with how twitchy I am righ' now. Plus, I jus' got here! I don't know where everthing is! Why don't ya tell me the ways o' the Impudence, I think that's what this ship's called, over a glass?" Geo answers with a sly tone to his voice. He raises his paw to tip his hat forward, but accidentally pokes himself in the eye. He stifles a yell, and whips his paw back down hoping that no one saw him do it.
Rhyme gives a light laugh, reaching over with both hands to adjust the hat on Geo's head how she see fit.
"I guess you deserve zhat much. Et would also give me zhe time to listen to your harrowing adventures of the life of a prisoner out at sea." She took her arm and led him towards the storage rooms.
"Come, let's get a drink in zyou shall we?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Eh... I will follow you, señor." decides Pepito, gesturing for Ventus to lead the way.
"very well" Ventus nodded , stroking his chin "How do you think about meet a big ?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Er... Is it safe? Most of the bigs, they would eat us on sight, señor Ventus... Pepito queries, unsure.

~#~#~
With reflexes born of years of necessity, Tackle catches the staff with ease, giving it a twirl and planting the end into the floor.
"I wondered who was training down here. This is where my Padre taught me. It was our own private place. You did well to find it." Seeing his chief, the young rat immediately snaps to attention and salutes Tackle. Unfortunately it's a lot less impressive than he intended because in his exuberance he forgot he was holding the staff and so clocks himself in the head with it.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Er... Is it safe? Most of the bigs, they would eat us on sight, señor Ventus... Pepito queries, unsure.
"well.............there's always a risk in everything , I know this one for some time now and she would probably not hurt you , but if you don't feel like you're up to it yet , then we'll think of something else"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Now Ventus has hit on the way to get Pepito motivated. Always having been told "no" due to his size, the tiny rat has a big attitude when it comes to people criticising his abilities.
"Who said that I am not being up to it? I am the fastest rat on the ship! I can easily be outrunning her, señor! it is YOU who I was worrying for!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Pinch winced a bit at the young rats accident. "then how about a small match? show the young rat what happenes with staffs and practice?" Pinch suggested going to grab another wooden staff, this one the same length and thickness but darker in color.
------
James knocked on the door to the captains quarters
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:Now Ventus has hit on the way to get Pepito motivated. Always having been told "no" due to his size, the tiny rat has a big attitude when it comes to people criticising his abilities.
"Who said that I am not being up to it? I am the fastest rat on the ship! I can easily be outrunning her, señor! it is YOU who I was worrying for!"
"I see....I see , let's go then" Ventus smirked , and then go on ahead
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Si. Let us go. Where do we meet this big, Ventus?"

~#~#~
"Very well. En garde!" Tackle throws the staff back at Pinch and uses the distraction to bring his own staff into play, twirling it around, feinting at Pinch's feet and flipping up the other end simultaneously to try to catch the rat's ear. The lad hurries back against the wall, well out of the firing line.

~#~#~
The captain sighs at the knock, but quickly suppresses his frustration. Slipping the paper he'd been reading back into his desk, he turns to the door.
"Enter!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Pinch quickley knocks the flying staff into a spinning instrument before it clattered onto the floor. he then set his staff to the floor blocking the feint to his feet before spinning it to block the above attack. he then slips one foot under the staff on the ground to quickley throw it into the air at tackle before catching it and using the other for an attack to the side. then he spun using the back of the caught staff to the opposite side.
---------
james entered the captains quarters and set a rolled up paper on his desk "your map." James said before passing the ink and quill
ImageImageImage
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

Geo blushes at Rhyme's laugh, and crouches slightly to let her fix his hat. "Oh me tale o' woe is quite the story. Especially if I got some fire in me belly." he jokes. "The stuff's in the galley I presume?"

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Rhyme and Geo enjoyed getting to know each other over their illicitly-obtained drink while the two rats battled it out in the bilge, impressing the lad to no end. Pepito became acquainted with Rocea and Ventus and grew to like and trust the pair, emerging from his shell of grief to join rat society again. Blacks and Dune continued to develop their relationship and talks remained civil yet tense between the captain and James.

One solid week of sailing later and the ship pulls into the dock at Castillo Pato early in the morning. After the cry of "All hands on deck!" and the initial flurry of activity involving transfer of cargo from ship to shore, the sailors all happily clutch their pay as they disperse into the various hotels, shops and taverns around the town, eager to spend their meagre earnings and enjoy the time they have ashore in this luxury.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

At Juan's inn, there is a man and his fox, sitting at a table. This would be Mile walker, and his fox Ben. They sit there discussing potential employment possiblities. You'd think there'd be more adventurers looking for workers at a place who's name is Spanish for "bucket of blood!" We must not have come during job season. Ben sat at the other side, contemplating their situation. Its probably something else. Maybe this place has a bad reputation among sailers? It's most likely that the sailers hiring just haven't got here yet. You're probably right. I mean, I'm pretty well qualified for a position as navigator! He holds up his bag. I've got everything a good navigator needs in here! A compass, a quadrant, a astrolabe, and dozens of maps covering every inch of the sea! Who wouldn't hire me!?!
Last edited by Legotron123 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hotep the psychic

James came from the cargo hold dressed differently, more like a captain figure. (to reference take blackbeard and jack sparrow from POTC and blend them) he adjusted his hat looking down at the red and black garments of his new robes, boots, and the new cutlass that was bundled inside the old flag box of his old ship. He easily took down the old tattered and holed flag the ship had and looked it over. Its colors wouldnt show anymore and it needed to be replaced. he then replaced it to one similar with a ravens head and cross swords in red with a black background since he could not find another replacement flag of the same kind. he then walked off carrying his and blacks chest which they easily hid on castillo pato. they then carryed some pay to take food to the brigmates in their cells. Blacks moved to a nearby salon like building where he saw other pirate captains gambling as animals fought in the center of them. minutes later blacks was fighting a large dog from another captains ship.
-------------
pinch on the other hand was again in the training room with the smaller rat, the two were using staffs again and the sound of clacking wood could be heard. the boy was getting better pinch knew but again the boy fell from a sweep of his feet. pinch then stood his staff and calmed himself. "your getting better at least" pinch commented
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thanks! So when can I try with the swords?" the lad, whose name, Pinch has discovered, is Timothy, enquires for the umpteenth time. Picking himself up, he rubs his sore tail and then sweeps his staff at Pinch's footpaws, trying to replicate the move just used on him.

~#~#~
Cedric circles happily above the ship in a flock of gulls, all of them yelling at each other at the top of their voices, sharing news and gossip and squabbling over the choicest food.

~#~#~
Tackle and Pepito stand side by side, under the staircase to the fo'c'sle, both armed and ready to go ashore when either there's nobody around or if they find a conveniently friendly big to smuggle them.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Rhyme stretched her arms in the air as she walked through the streets of Castillo Pato. She let them go limp to her sides a moment later, accompanied by a satisfied sigh.
"Mmm, I cannot remember zeh last time I set foot on zivilized land." The dog said, looking at the shops and stores as she passed by.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dune walked around town, looking around excitedly. "Wow!" she exclaimed.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

Pinch easily jumps over the tried sweep. Before patting Tim's back. " how about tommorow?. Then I'll show you to make a sword once you've understood fully about sportsmanship and so on"pinch said unknowingly fatherly. He had bonded a bit with Timothy even when him and tackle were helping him. Pinch then puts his staff away and gathers his belongings.

James then soon arrived at the captain. "captain care to join me for some entertainment with few of the other merchants and captain's at La Piedra de calypso? I hear some of them are gambling what's in their holds" James asked in friendly suggestion.
______
Meanwhile blacks was waiting on James at the front of La Piedra de calypso. Inside he heard the many men and few women cheer at winnings and groan at losses as another man left empty handed followed by a very cut up cat that was seemingly all bone. "Come on James were gonna miss big ol England bridges!" Blacks thought looking towards a large and round portly man with a white wig and wore a fine silk cape. He was laughing as he watched another fight next to him the large black mastif sat patiently.
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dune kept on walking around town. She then saw Blacks standing by himself and walked over to him. "Hey Blacks." she greeted.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Miles stood up. Well I'm not going to wait for the sailers to come here. I'll go to them. He left the inn with Ben following behind. But how do you know where they'll even be? They're not going to stay at their ships while they're docked. They walked up to a tavern. I heard about this place yesterday. He said as he walked in. The sound of cheering hurt Bens ears. If we work with one of the sailers here we're more likely to get into a sea battle but at least we'll have a job.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Ariel walked silently out of the fighting arena with his captain.
<This is it! We're going to get everything back with this last match!> The french captain said.
<You bet the last of our resources on the last one AND LOST!> Ariel shouted back at the captain in french. Of course everyone could understand the 2, but it was easier to talk in their normal language.
Lets just hope I go to a better money manager than you.
But wee are going to ween zis round, Ariel! I can feel eet in my bones!
Ariel slouched huffily on the pole behind Blacks.
The dog may have won 3 times in a row, but his records show this is the longest winning streak he has! After I'm gone, all you'll have is a ship you won't be able to sail because you can't afford sailors to help man the ship. Ariel said.
Zis dogeh 'az a verry good feeeling aboot eem. Do not worry, Ariel.
Ariel ignored the captain and remained quiet.
<Well, I'll be inside watching the matches. Ours will be up soon when the next opponent shows up.
Ariel still didn't reply as his captain went inside.
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thank you but no. I have other matters to attend to. Take Eduardo instead. Give him this. He'll know what to do with it." The captain hold out a folded paper, sealed with a wax seal. Unbeknownst to the crew, the captain, while attending his other duties, is fond of gambling and often sends Eduardo to do his dirty work for him. This paper then contains a note of the amount of funds Palgrave has allocated for this day's gambling. Palgrave knows Eduardo won't tell the crew about his habit because Eduardo gets a cut of whatever winnings there are and because Eduardo gets an extra tot of rum at the end of the day for his troubles.
Dismissing James, the captain turns back to the administration tasks required to balance his books and keep the harbour-master happy.

~#~#~
"What's sportsratship got to do with anything, Lieutenant, Sir? You don't find fairly if you want to win. Sir Tackle taught me that!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Now we just need to find out who needs a navigator. I'll ask the humans, you ask the animals. On it. While Miles asked the humans, Ben spotted a black fox wearing a coat that seemed promising. He walked up to him. Hello my fellow fox, my name is Ben. Your manner of appearance leads me to deduce that you are a sailer. Me and my associate are hoping to find work as navigators. Would your ship happen to be in need of one?
Last edited by Legotron123 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Ariel sighed and walked inside, looking for suitable candidates to take him, and the jackpot, with them. Quite a considerable amount of money had been offered on the dog (who was now standing next to his captain), but since the opponent hadn't showed up yet, nobody placed money on whoever the other fighter may be. At least, not yet.
Ariel looked to the captains in the room. One across from his captain was a very dirty pirate. No beating around the bush. Ariel couldn't handle the moral conflict he'd have on board, so he'd make sure that one bet his stakes on the main dog.
The second captain was too poor, and while he would certainly get money from the jackpot if he'd won, he'd blow it off like his current captain. The rest of the spectators had their eyes on the main dog, so no need to worry about commoners owning him.
Ariel quietly walked out of the arena and hung around the front again. His analysis didn't take too long because he knew most of the captains in there.

Ariel paced around the front of the building in thought.
((Thanks for helping me fix this, Argent! ^ω^))
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hotep the psychic

James nodded and took the note to Eduardo before telling him of the same thing and what he asked the captain. After so he handed Eduardo the note,"if your interested ill be at La Piedra de calypso. It's the inn just down the way." James said before leaving the ship.
_______
Blacks saw dune walk up "hey dune."Blacks said with a wave. He was going to say something until Ben arrived."um hello.. Im Blacks, this is dune here. What's it you need? I didn't catch it." blacks said a little teasingly. His arms still crossed as he looked at ben
_______
"you see Tim theres an honor system. The sport is seeing the opponent before he sees you. Like when me and tackle face off. The first time we didn't see what we knew because we keep that hidden leaving it to who the better was. Some rats show what they do before they do it, it could be a move, a look, even hesitation. The honor is when you find someone as good as you. If you win you can keep him or her alive as a show of being a good opponent. Or take away his life and earn a name that could change how you are seen by both sides." pinch said drawing his sword and using some small tricks in show.
ImageImageImage
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As I said before, me and my associate are looking for a ship that's in need of a navigator, and your manner of clothing suggests that you would know one. I'm also a very good lie detector. Ben folded his arms to match blacks position. Feel free to test me. Tell me three things about yourself, two of them true, one of them false, and ask me which is which.

Hotep the psychic

Blacks thought for a moment. He smiled in an idea, "ok ben first would be that i knkw how to spit and blow fire. Second i can speak unknown languages, and lastly the captain i work for Thought i was cursed" blacks said seeing james arrive.
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Seems we're late again , aren't we ?" Rocea teased the little rat on her shoulder . It's been one loooong week for the wolf . When Ventus led Pepito to her after that last fight , she was kind of on the sentimental side herself , as the memories that was buried under all those came rushing back to her , faster , stronger , and more painful the more sober she became . Helping Pepito to come to term with the fact that he might never meet his friend again , but at the same time , he might still be out there , helped ease her mind a little bit . Well , enough that she wasn't drunk most of the time anymore at least.
"I'm not complaining , better for us to go last anyway , less eyes"
"True , oh well , shall we go ? Imma find somewhere to drink..."
well....."most of the time" anyway
"....have some fun , some gambling..." she kept on rambling , unknowingly walked passed where Pepito and Tackle were standing
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Ben studied black for 2 seconds before figuring out the lie. You can't breathe fire. I can tell a lot of things about you by the subtle changes in body movement you make in response to your environment. You learned those languages while training in something, you're in love with dune, and you particularly love her eyes.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Here's our ride." Tackle tells his companion before whistling sharply to the wolf at a pitch inaudible to humans but that she and the other rats will hear clearly.

~#~#~
"I know where it is. And as it happens I have business there." Eduardo takes the paper and shoves it into his pocket without even looking at it before following James up the cliff.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

"Ha Ha! This is gonna be great!" Geo says after he jumps off the boat and onto the dock. I know exactly what I wanna get. He thinks as he walks with a powerful stride, into a toy store. The dog barely glanced at most of the things until he came upon a yo-yo. "Hey." he called to the shopkeeper, "How much?".

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Here's our ride." Tackle tells his companion before whistling sharply to the wolf at a pitch inaudible to humans but that she and the other rats will hear clearly.
"Oh ! I thought I saw someone moments ago" Rocea leaned down to look at the two rats
"come on aboard mates"
Hotep the psychic

Blacks smiled when he felt james pat his head and head inside."never judge a book by its cover mate, because your in for a suprise in the ring. Come with me, my fight will start soon now that my owners here, also i love all of dune not just the eyes. Stay long enough and eduardo may show up, hes the first mate ok" Blacks said kissing dune and heading inside to join james
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dune kissed Blacks back and followed him inside to watch his fight.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Ariel walked inside after the pets and stood next to his captain and the contender.
The captain and his new friend had obviously been drinking, making this dog even more likely to fail.
This is going to be easy as pie! Ariel thought. Now to just find a suitable captain...
Ariel looked around and saw James and Eduardo.
Hm... Never seen them before. Well, I'm running out of time. Their the only chance I've got.
Ariel approached the 2 with his paws behind his back.
Bonjour, messieurs. C'est un beau jour pour un bon pari, non? Ariel asked in French.
<Good morning, gentlemen. It's a fine day for a good gamble, no?>