Housepets! Radio Show Is Closed

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

sliceofdog

Re: Housepets! Radio Show

Post by sliceofdog »

JOFOXX wrote:
sliceofdog wrote:This might be the exact one Vadiant is talking about, because it's also a fairly cheap Logitech one, but this is the one I have;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-980186 ... 557&sr=8-1

It's pretty good. Not quite professional quality, but I'd say it's good enough for cartoon projects or podcasts and that sort of thing.
This is the one you used for the recordings that you posted earlier on? If so, this might actually be better.
It's the mic I used, yeah. It's very cheap considering. Good quality, no real install, and easy to use.
USB plug and not jack, just so you know.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

sliceofdog wrote:
JOFOXX wrote:
sliceofdog wrote:This might be the exact one Vadiant is talking about, because it's also a fairly cheap Logitech one, but this is the one I have;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-980186 ... 557&sr=8-1

It's pretty good. Not quite professional quality, but I'd say it's good enough for cartoon projects or podcasts and that sort of thing.
This is the one you used for the recordings that you posted earlier on? If so, this might actually be better.
It's the mic I used, yeah. It's very cheap considering. Good quality, no real install, and easy to use.
USB plug and not jack, just so you know.
Yeah, USB is what I'm looking for.
thegamist

Post by thegamist »

JOFOXX wrote:I guess this would be as good a place as any to ask this...

Those of you who are applying for voices and what-not: I'm in the process of looking for a new mic for voice-recording. If you could drop any brand or model names that'd be a huge help. And, of course, I'm on a budget, so anything cheap would be much appreciated.
thanks now i don´t have to ask anymore (I mean i am planning to first look in the JUNKYARD of my mum´s friend ... but this is option 2, buy one) :mrgreen:
I suck at making avatars
thegamist

Post by thegamist »

WAIT A SECOND :o :shock: :o

I can put a quite British accent maybe Pete is something for me (after much exercise ... again)
I send you guys a recording as soon as I get home (Belguim) from work with my built in mic. (the bad one) from my pc
I´m still searching the good one :roll:

EDIT: make that as soon as I get the chance ... :evil: muffins and cookies YOU MICROFONE!!! *pant pant* ... I'm fine!
I suck at making avatars
Rojo Ninja

Post by Rojo Ninja »

I would totally try out but I probably wouldn't do too good. I have a really young voice, and on the phone get called ma'am which is kinda insulting as I am a 17 year old guy xD :lol:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Oh I get that all the time Rojo, and I'm 17 aswell :>(They think it's my mum when I answer, and I really don't have a very young voice <.<)
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Rojo Ninja

Post by Rojo Ninja »

Heh, well at least I'm not the only one with that problem, occasionally I lower my voice if I have to call a business or something, but I don't think it does much help lol. Even on psn and xbl my voice is pretty high pitched, made fun of a lot xD, at least ps3 has a voice changer.

Edit: Also the fact I have no idea who to try out for...

ImageImage
ImageImage
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

PSST Grape = Girl who gets mistaken for guy
Ergo, guys with voices that are hard to derive gender by should give it a try ;)

(Also girls that have the same problem as Grape should come here more often! Seriously.)
Actually we have a distinct lack of girls on this project (read: zero), so if you know any, you might give 'em a little nudge this direction :D
Rojo Ninja

Post by Rojo Ninja »

I suppose I could try her... Hrm

Edit: trying to figure outbid I should raise or keep voice normal.... Normal sounds more guyish than raised... Idk i guess I can do both

Edit 2:So im doing this one for Grape in normal and slightly raised voice. https://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/08/ ... -platonic/
I'll upload em in a few.

Edit 3: So i gots the links

Higher voice: http://www.4shared.com/file/UsWuWfax/Hi ... Grape.html
Normal Voice: http://www.4shared.com/file/DtwQpF1U/No ... Grape.html

Both of em there. Let me know which sounds better (or if they is both crap D:) kthxbai
Last edited by Rojo Ninja on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Rojo Ninja

Post by Rojo Ninja »

Bump to let u guys know i got my audition(?) for Grape up.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

Aah, the voice is quite good. Sounds like a girl, but not forced or too feminine. It suits Grape quite well :)
However, if you don't mind me saying so it seems a little flat. I don't mean that too harshly, it just doesn't quite match what she should probably be expressing in the comic.
Still, I think with a little practice you'd be good for the role! Try some different comics maybe? Ones where she's expressing anger, or telling jokes or something?
Rojo Ninja

Post by Rojo Ninja »

Okay i did rush those (hence the small stumble and flatness) but i will try some other comics as well, which voice sounded better though?

ImageImage
ImageImage
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

To be honest, both sounded good. It has that kind of huskiness that could be male or female (No offence!) and I think it fits Grape. Perhaps the higher one is best, although the 'Normal' version might be more fitting if it's not supposed to be as obvious (Ie at the start of the strip)
Rojo Ninja

Post by Rojo Ninja »

Hmmm, so basically keep making some with both voices. Okay, I don't mind you saying it sounds somewhat female I pointed that out first xD, people also automatically assume I am 12 lol. So I have a high voice and look 5 years younger than I am. Hahaha

ImageImage
ImageImage
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Cool! I like the Normal just a little better than the high voice.
Thanks for contributing :D
*runs off to work on new auditions* (good to have a little inspiration now and again :D )
Rojo Ninja

Post by Rojo Ninja »

Cool thanks 8-) . not bad quality audio recording for and iPod touch though amiright?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Rojo Ninja

Post by Rojo Ninja »

Aight, 3 more hopefully not flat sounding xD. :mrgreen:

1: http://www.4shared.com/file/R7Z0scOF/Other_1.html

2: http://www.4shared.com/file/hUQD_pY6/Other_2.html

3: http://www.4shared.com/file/I-EJdPZl/Other_3.html

Once again they are not perfect, heh, and feel free to criticize.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

XD I think your somehow infecting us all with inspiration! I just decided to record Daryl's only line for some reason.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4160913/

I'd also go for the other ferrets, but I don't know if my first two will be chosen, and if I did the rest they'd be in a similar style :/

Anyhow, yeah, I quite like your recordings. Certain bits sound dead on (The "It's not about me" in the first recording sounds great, for example) while other bits still didn't seem quite... emotive enough. Oh, and the mic picks up 'p's horribly (Like in "Peanut").
I don't mean to sound overly critical, it's just I think you have a real chance of getting Grape, and with it being such a massive role you'll need to do a lot of these ^_^
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

sliceofdog wrote:XD I think your somehow infecting us all with inspiration! I just decided to record Daryl's only line for some reason.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4160913/

I'd also go for the other ferrets, but I don't know if my first two will be chosen, and if I did the rest they'd be in a similar style :/

Anyhow, yeah, I quite like your recordings. Certain bits sound dead on (The "It's not about me" in the first recording sounds great, for example) while other bits still didn't seem quite... emotive enough. Oh, and the mic picks up 'p's horribly (Like in "Peanut").
I don't mean to sound overly critical, it's just I think you have a real chance of getting Grape, and with it being such a massive role you'll need to do a lot of these ^_^
That was good! :D I was expecting his voice to be a little deeper, but yours fits!
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

That was good! I was expecting his voice to be a little deeper, but yours fits!
Thanks. I might do it again and try a bit deeper, because I was thinking it might be a little too high pitch myself. Problem is, when I went lower, he started to sound like an really old red-neck. I just did my voice for Miles to get the tone, and then added a lot more... country to it XD
Don46

Post by Don46 »

Rojo Ninja wrote:Aight, 3 more hopefully not flat sounding xD. :mrgreen:

Alright, let just say that I deeply enjoy your version of Grape's voice. I think it might be better than my own! That is correct, I am also auditioning for Grape. Sad to say that an audition war has now been commenced. Sorry, Ninja.

It was actually recorded quite a while ago. I just emailed it to Teh Brawler for him to pass it on to Ebly. And Slice? Heh, I also totally imagine Daryl having that same accent.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

I envy the people that do this, I can't seem to do it :3
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Don46

Post by Don46 »

Kyderra wrote:I envy the people that do this, I can't seem to do it :3
What, you mean act? Anyone can act! I'm sure can you pull it off! Don't be so hard on yourself!
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

I envy the people that do this, I can't seem to do it :3
Kyderra the awesome artist... is envious of us?!?
Ok, for srs now... wanna swap?
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Don46 wrote:
What, you mean act? Anyone can act! I'm sure can you pull it off! Don't be so hard on yourself!
Well, anyone can act, but not necessarily voice act. Like... Arnold Schwarzenegger can act. But can he voice act for Daisy? ... Okay, I would enjoy if it he tried, but probably not. :lol:

Of course, you never know until you try! :D
RG; Seb & Dahlia
Don46

Post by Don46 »

Vadiant wrote:
Don46 wrote:
Well, anyone can act, but not necessarily voice act. Like... Arnold Schwarzenegger can act. But can he voice act for Daisy? ... Okay, I would enjoy if it he tried, but probably not. :lol:

Exactly! Thank you. The point I was attempting to make.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Vadiant wrote:
Don46 wrote:

He should voice act for spo.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Vadiant wrote:Well, anyone can act, but not necessarily voice act. Like... Arnold Schwarzenegger can act. But can he voice act for Daisy? ... Okay, I would enjoy if it he tried, but probably not. :lol:

"Put that cookie down! Now!"
PF chars

--Phoenix

Rojo Ninja

Post by Rojo Ninja »

Don46 wrote:

Alright, let just say that I deeply enjoy your version of Grape's voice. I think it might be better than my own! That is correct, I am also auditioning for Grape. Sad to say that an audition war has now been commenced. Sorry, Ninja.

It was actually recorded quite a while ago. I just emailed it to Teh Brawler for him to pass it on to Ebly. And Slice? Heh, I also totally imagine Daryl having that same accent.

Zomg your voice is good... Me listening to you make me think mine are crap.... D:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Zander

Post by Zander »

Don46 wrote:

omg. i love your voice. i vote you for Grape!
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Don46

Post by Don46 »

Rojo Ninja wrote:
Don46 wrote:

Zomg your voice is good... Me listening to you make me think mine are crap.... D:
Thank you, but hey! Your audition is just as good! I think we're roughly on the same level.
Zander wrote:
Don46 wrote:

HEY! Retract that vote right now! You never know if you might change your opinion to a different actor.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Zander wrote:
Don46 wrote:

I think that it sounded all right at first, but later it sounded too obviously male. I know that Grape is mistaken for male at first but I would think she'd have a more ambiguous voice, where you couldn't really tell.

I did like the performance, though! :)
PF chars

--Phoenix

sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

Don46 wrote:
Zander wrote:
Don46 wrote:

HEY! Retract that vote right now! You never know if you might change your opinion to a different actor.
No need! I shall hereby vote for Rojo Ninja and even out the scores! You both deserve voting for ^^

Zander wrote:
Vadiant wrote:Arnold Schwarzenegger can act. But can he voice act for Daisy? ... Okay, I would enjoy if it he tried, but probably not. :lol:

He should voice act for spo.
I am totally willing to try auditioning for Spo while doing an Arnie impression!
Last edited by sliceofdog on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rojo Ninja

Post by Rojo Ninja »

New one, slightly longer than others... having a lil trouble having my mic pick up when i'm showing more emotion in my speech...
Edit: also using comp mic now.
http://www.4shared.com/audio/BH1J7RZ5/G ... _game.html

ImageImage
ImageImage
Don46

Post by Don46 »

ChewyChewy wrote:
Zander wrote:
Don46 wrote:

I think that it sounded all right at first, but later it sounded too obviously male. I know that Grape is mistaken for male at first but I would think she'd have a more ambiguous voice, where you couldn't really tell.

I did like the performance, though! :)
YES! THANK YOU! Some honest critique! Thank you, Chewy, I'll see if I can fix that problem.

And thanks! I'm a full-fledged actor at heart. :mrgreen:

Also: Well played, Slice! Sadly, it would seem that Slice and I will be warring for a role as well. Sorry.

Also also: Ninja, I had similar problems with my own mic for a while. Have you attempted adjusting your mic settings in the Control Panel?
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

Sadly, it would seem that Slice and I will be warring for a role as well. Sorry.
Was that a typo, or have you auditioned for another role as well? If it was in reference to the Spo remark, I doubt Ebly will want an Arnie Spo, so that doesn't count XD
Don46

Post by Don46 »

sliceofdog wrote:
Sadly, it would seem that Slice and I will be warring for a role as well. Sorry.
Was that a typo, or have you auditioned for another role as well? If it was in reference to the Spo remark, I doubt Ebly will want an Arnie Spo, so that doesn't count XD
Yes! I am also auditioning for Spo! I apologize, I didn't realize you were joking.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Don46 wrote:YES! THANK YOU! Some honest critique! Thank you, Chewy, I'll see if I can fix that problem.

You're welcome! :D I like to give and receive honest (but tactful) criticism. :)

Word to the wise, DON'T go falsetto.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Don46

Post by Don46 »

ChewyChewy wrote:
Don46 wrote:YES! THANK YOU! Some honest critique! Thank you, Chewy, I'll see if I can fix that problem.

You're welcome! :D I like to give and receive honest (but tactful) criticism. :)

Word to the wise, DON'T go falsetto.
Oh geez...yeah, that sounded really awkward in that one episode of Kim Possible.
Rojo Ninja

Post by Rojo Ninja »

can i gets me some criticism on the new upload? pls.
Also i changed the mic setting to sound studio instead of CD so new ones should sound waaaaaaaaaaaay better now. hopefully :3

ImageImage
ImageImage