HPU?: Apollo City OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Re: Pet Friendly?: Apollo City OOC

Post by Esper »

Er, it's going to be tough converting stats for me :p
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Not really. strength, perception, endurance, charisma, intelligence, agility, and luck is all in the ac stat system. Just remove the rest from the stats!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Kelly's new stats: S5, P6, E5, C10, I5, A6, L5
Todd's new stats: S6, P9, E8, C3, I7, A7, L2

They were actually very close to fitting the 42. I only had to modify them very slightly.

Their stats are in their character sheets which are in my signature.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Since my characters will be introduced in a solo scenario, I have already set a series of text blocks to be used in respect to your turns so not to interfere. Hope you'll like my additions 8-)

Now, just to make sure: when my characters will arrive to the 'city gates' from the Moon desert, will they find security cypets standing on guard? Automated gates?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The rocket will land on the moon surface, and after a few minutes of verification, then will be pulled in via tractor beam.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Hehe, sorry to keep you waiting Roarin, I was kinda waiting for Legotron to reply to John's greetings. xD

Also, Ashe X Rosie much? Or Ashe X Wealthy? A triangle love thingy? :o

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yes, but since Ashe doesn't like Rosie that way, then Wealthy is open. Although, I think Wealthy lost his memory. Basically the only name he'll remember is Ashe's.

Theres also the possibility of Dust x Ashe, but I'm not sure.
In other news, I forgot Wealthy's text color! Yay!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

We'll see, I was actually just as surprised as Ashe when Rosie said she had a liking for her, and her reaction is essentially my own. Not that I have anything against it, just that I was not expecting it. We'll see how it goes ;p

Oh yeah, Dust too. Man Ashe, you've gotten yourself in a love square xD

I think Wealthy's colour is pure blue right? Like #00FFFF

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Wealthy ought to be running by the next day
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I know Ashe would be surprised, but Rosie in her thoughts has silently cursed Wealthy for giving her such emotions. Plus, with Ashe's previous actions, I thought she would've believed Orion.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

kurowolfe wrote:Oh yeah, Dust too. Man Ashe, you've gotten yourself in a love square xD
Watch Caeruleus swoop in and win her heart :p
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Everyone loves a minuscule, straightforward, naive, genius :p
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Things are getting interesting. Ashe is being overwhelmed with love.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Ashe x Caerulius!

Ugh, this has to be THE worst moment to confess (sorta) Rosie's love for Ashe becaaaaauuuse...
I'm going away to Florida for the week on Sunday, and tomorrow I may be too busy because of my Mom's birthday party, as well as my friend's birthday party afterwards. If anyone is to be in charge, I forgot who my back-up gm was, so I'll either let Valerio or Hlaoroo take on my duties and characters for the week.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I'm actually waiting for Esper to post for Cae. Gotta return him back to Annette. Oh, and the impending meeting too ;p

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Sorry, I would have posted earlier, but I was either asleep or busy
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Nah, it's alright. :3

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Weren't you trying to return Caeruleus?
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Yup, right after Rosie opens the door, he'll leave the two behind ;D

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

? How do you mean
valerio

Post by valerio »

Ok guys, I've been authorized to post something about our reptilian neighbors I wrote. Enjoy, and thank to our genrous GM for this opportunity!^^

PLANET NAME: GOR
SOLAR SYSTEM: ZETA CANCRI C-D, CANCER CONSTELLATION
DISTANCE FROM EARTH: 83 light years
PLANET TYPE: Rocky planet
PLANET CLASS: Warm Terran
ORBITAL PERIOD: 11 months, 22 days
SIDEREAL ROTATIONAL PERIOD: 30h 01m 90s
SATELLITES: None. Gor has a temporary ring of debris caused by the tidal destruction of its moon
EQUATORIAL RADIUS: 7240.5 km
CIRCUMFERENCE: 45493.40km
SURFACE AREA: 164697493 km
ESCAPE VELOCITY: 18.332 km/s
AXIAL TILT: 45 deg, 30 min 18.111 s

Gor is what you could call a hard place to live!
Gor used to have a small moon and its orbit was relatively stable. But with time, the tidal interaction between its two stars caused its orbit to degenerate. Gor is slowly falling down toward its sun, Zeta Cancri C. Its moon, Taor, started to fall toward Gor until the tidal forces broke it apart and transformed it into a spectacular though unstable ring of debris.
Occasionally, pieces of the newly formed ring fall toward Gor’s surface, causing havoc, and interfering with the space program of planetary evacuation.
The planet’s axis is progressively tilting toward the sun. As of today, Gor is presenting already a very strong thermal exchange between days and nights, with a growing amount of storms. Soon, astronomically speaking, the tidal lock will force the planet to show only one charred face to the sun, the other immersed in a perpetual polar night.
The planet’s dominant species, the ------, had the advantage of evolving without serious accidents, thus quickly evolving into the most advanced life form. Unfortunately, being their homeworld the only one in their solar system, and being their sky too rich with other stars to perfection the art of planet-hunting, they spent many millennia in a cultural, theocratic stasis, believing themselves the most perfect of species -and the only one in the cosmos.
But then, the orbital decay started, the moon Taor started to fall toward the planet! The same theocrats who for generations had refused even the idea of life beyond Gor, of planets beyond their star-filled skies, offered in sacrifice their own beliefs if their world was spared. They would open to science, to new ideas, to that ‘force’ they had opposed to, as long as their future generations would live.
And when all seemed lost, when the fate seemed sealed, when most of the temples were burned and destroyed by the irate populations who counted on their gods to save them…The fall stopped. Taor started to crumble apart, becoming the ring that would forever illuminate Gor’s nights.
And while life adapted to the new changes, century after century, with masses continously moving by the millions to the safest areas, the new elite- the technocrats and scientists- invested every possible energy in the evacuation of their world, now that it was clear that it, too, was falling toward their sun.
Working as hard in a century like Earthmen hadn’t done through their whole existence as civilization, the ----- located faint echoes of coherent radio transmission from Earth! A mishmash of radio and television shows pinged Gor’s electronic ears, and soon everyone knew they had a chance!
Technocrats worked not less hard to bypass the Speed-Of-Light barrier, and came up with their first wormhole generator: Basically, their ships would use the stars’ massive gravitational fields to further bend the space-and-time tissue and connect one star with the other. Problem was, the ship must be made with the most durable alloy to survive a contact that also caused a massive superheated plasma exchange. No forcefields could be used, since they would collapse during the tremendous energy-and-matter exchange.
The ----- tested several of these ships using the stars of the Cancri constellation, losing all of them and their brave volunteers, until at last a scientist invented not only the ultimate durable league, but also a system to absorb most of the plasma’s energies to fuel the ship itself!
The Ariyongar (‘Intrepid Venturer’), was the first ship to succeed in traveling from star to star, thus inaugurating the -----’s space age.
And it was the Ariyongar that first appeared in Earth’s solar system, near Sol, to get in touch with the local dominant species.
The -----, knowing what pride had caused them, accepted the Earthmen’s condition of temporarily living on the Moon, at Apollo City, in a reciprocal study program, so to learn from each other in peace as much as possible.
In this context, the ----- found extremely fascinating the Spanish culture, which even in this modern century is strongly influenced by the Catholic Church. Despite the ----- being today socially more evolved, to them Catholicism is like their old theocracy and from there they started to explore every nuance –including the less religious aspect,the easier-to-learn language and accepting to be dubbed themselves ‘Serpientes’ (Snakes)
Yet, not wanting to put their existence as species in the hands of fate, the ----- also employed a secret fleet of ‘Seeder Ships’, smaller ships with the purpose of leaving fertile couples on Earth so to study on the field the effects of their potential new homeplanet on their biology. The ----- on the moon – except for a very restricted handful of elements – are not aware of this program. Those who know have orders and means to interfere with the Terran authorities so to hide their ‘seeds’ and protect them from prying eyes.
It should be noted that the ----- have no intentions of conquering Earth; they are desperate and know they will lose their world, literally, one day. It is of primary importance that they keep seeking for a new homeworld. In this regard, their scientists at Gor are still collecting precious data and working to assemble their greatest colonization fleet so that one day they can terraform their best best candidate in case the Earth option failed...
Last edited by valerio on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

What did I miss something? What's the "support group?"
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

No, you didn't miss anything. I was actually confused at the mention of it first but then I remembered. It was said in the first 2-3 OOC posts (and stating the obvious) that cy-pets were pets that needed animatronic limbs due to the progression of the disease that spread on Earth. Most likely they went through some sort of a hospital program to get their surgery done (and if not Apollo City may have some sort of policy). Now that may take care of the physical injury but most places would have information/programs to help ease and repair the mental side of things, such as provide/recommend a support group (as such irl). Because they have prosthetic limbs cy-pets are probably labeled under the "disabled" and would have support groups available for them to attend. My character Avery for example is still in the program and has mandatory weekly check-ups and must attend a certain amount of support group meetings for a month or two to keep his mind/body in check as he transitions from living in a hospital to living in the real world.

Err. Of course I might be way off mark >_< (Neon?)
Please correct if so.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

That's... rather morbid, val :shock: But also interesting. I sense a deeper underlying plot involving the Serpientes soon ;P
Kinda regretting the fact that I'm not using a Serpiente character as well, but I don't think I can juggled anymore @_@

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yeah, I didn't really like the seeder project thing, but I didn't want to say no again after all the other new players were told to re-think their characters.
valerio

Post by valerio »

kurowolfe wrote:That's... rather morbid, val :shock: But also interesting. I sense a deeper underlying plot involving the Serpientes soon ;P
Kinda regretting the fact that I'm not using a Serpiente character as well, but I don't think I can juggled anymore @_@
Heh, blame it on me growing on classic '70s animes. But at least *this* civilization is not intent on conquering Earth/wiping out humankind.
MrNeonShot wrote:Yeah, I didn't really like the seeder project thing, but I didn't want to say no again after all the other new players were told to re-think their characters.
thank you for this chance, Neon. Won't blow this up.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

And that's Ashe's answer. It's really surreal. Two years ago, I said almost the same thing to a guy who broke down and confessed to me, an ambiguous response with a focus more towards friendship. He held me on to it, too much actually. He eventually physically and mentally abused me, causing me to lose my mind. I guess Ashe is just how I was back in late 2012.

Well, anyway, no worries, I'm fine, just putting things in perspective. Also, what I said is what a good friend once told me when I first got into RPing here, about relationships between characters, and to this day, I believe it so.

Now Neon, your turn.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Rosie's response seems alright, right?
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

*lightbulb*
Is the support group the kind that would have celebrity sponsors?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Probably. Orion already has a celebrity for a father, so Mr. Atlas is probably his sponsor.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

MrNeonShot wrote:Rosie's response seems alright, right?
Any response is good enough to me :3

I kinda forgot that cy-pets were still recovering from the outbreak's effects. =w=

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Poke
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

My characters have all gone to bed. *waits for the new day*
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I've reached 3000 (+1) posts!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Hooray!
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Also, I joined the forums a year ago yesterday! Happy anniversary, me!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hooray hooray it's a happy happy day!!!
congrats, Neon! *confetti*
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

ThatOnePanda
Location: .....um THE MAGICAL LAND OF CANADA.....lol jk I'm from Texas...

Post by ThatOnePanda »

I was wondering if I could join I read the plot and it sounds Awesome!!
~Rawr....I'm a Panda~
My Rp Characters