HPU?: Apollo City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Re: Pet Friendly?: Apollo City

Post by Esper »

Thoroughly bored, Caeruleus begins his decent down John's back to the floor
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

hypernovatic wrote:"Yeah it is." Dust said, sitting down. He motioned for Ashe to sit next to him. Gionni stood next to Noah, taking in the sights.
Ashe saw the gesture, and proceeded to do just that, sitting next to Dust. She then made the same invitation towards Rosie, holding the empty spot next to her for the fox.

John, who was already seated inside the box when the Orion group came in, was taking in the scenes inside the theater room. So this is how a theater looks like huh? He thought. Fancy.

He was mildly jolted out from his deep thoughts by the scurrying rat An-droid up his body and on top of his head. "Hold on tight there, Caeruleus. We don't want you falling off again, do we?"

As the show began, John observed with almost intense concentration at the prancing actors and actresses on stage, hoping not to miss the hidden themes and meanings behind the opening scene. It almost looked comical seeing him looking so serious with furrowed eyebrows watching the lighthearted play.
Esper wrote:Thoroughly bored, Caeruleus begins his decent down John's back to the floor
He did though notice the rat descending down again, this time all the way towards the floor. He bent down and whispered, "Need to go to the restroom?"

Ashe though. Heh, Ashe was already zonked out, her head lolled to one side, a relaxed look on her face. The events throughout the day had exhausted her without her realizing it, and the comfy seat and dark room certainly made for a very good slumber. Hence, the cat did the only logical thing, and slept off quietly.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dust looked at Ashe sleeping. Aw, she's asleep. That's adorable. he thought.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Rosie sat next to the cat, watching both her and the show. Obviously, the day had been tiring, almost blacking out twice, and the hole Moon Base incident... Ashe must be pretty tired.
Wait... I went to the Moonbase around 5:00am, got off at around 9:00am or so... Now we're here, at 7:00... or 8:00... Rosie's internal clock had shut down.
Oh, great... She whispered before her eyes went black, and her body went stiff, a sign she had ran out of power.
Orion, from his seat next to John, watched the little mouse climb down, but didn't say anything.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

With night-vision activated, it doesn't take Kelly long to notice Rosie's predicament. Fortunately, the box is equipped with several amenities that the balcony and floor lack. Quietly excusing herself as she reaches over the patrons under her care, Kelly opens a panel in the side of Rosie's chair and pulls out a power cord which she plugs into the droid's jack before stepping back to her post. On stage, the scene has shifted to a scene with the leading actors strolling through the park. The stage rotates beneath them and as the scenery disappears into the darkness of the rear end of the stage it is whisked away and rearranged by the stage hands so that the actors never walk past the same bit of park unless the scene calls for them to do so. The scene is full of bawdy jokes which has the audience rolling in the aisles.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Rosie's eyes flicker back on, but they display a charging battery.
She waves a thank-you at the droid, because her voice has been shut down.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Caeruleus looked back at John, eyes casting a dull glow, "I'm bored."
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

John was surprised hearing the diminutive droid lament. "The play's not to your liking then?" His eyes darted toward the stage and back to Caeruleus. He still noted the changes of the scene on stage, and was impressed with the rotating gimmick. But he wanted to help take care of Caeruleus, especially when he barely saw in the dark room, that Ashe was asleep on her seat.

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

A few seconds later, Dust had fallen asleep. His head was laying on Ashe's shoulder. You could hear Dust quietly purring.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I should expect so. Hes sort of a grade b internet star. Noah said. Since he shook with his left hand, he felt the metal under Averys fur slip. He must be ashamed of his cybernetics. He thought. He turned back to the stage just in time to see one of the funnier jokes, which cracked him up. He calmed down before turning back to Avery. You don't have to hide your cybernetics. They're nothing to be ashamed of.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Rosie watched Dust sleeping next to Ashe. She wanted to wake them up, but her voice was off, and the only arm that could reach him was being held by Ashe. Rosie sat there in annoyance as she watched the show.
Orion shut off his eye to watch the show with his good eye. He laughed when Noah laughed, not really sure what was funny, but he did like it when someone else was happy.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Kelly waves back to Rosie as she returns to her post before giggling quietly at the joke. She's seen the show many times before but she still enjoys it, even though she knows what's about to happen. She mentally counts down and right as she reaches zero, the joker goes a step too far and a fight erupts between him and the girl to whom he was about to propose, accompanied by a dramatic but no less catchy song which bounces back and fourth between the two actors, matching the argument perfectly, as indeed it was designed to.

Kelly looks away from the show temporarily to scan the audience and she soon spots something.
"Camera on your eleven o'clock, Hinata. Please confiscate it. Tell the guy he'll get it back the show minus the recording of the concert. He'll need to pick it up from the concession stand afterwards." Kelly warns and instructs the security droid via the silent intelli-comm system.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"I do not like this kind of media," The rat droid said bluntly, "It's archaic."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Avery's face darkened at the comment of his cybernetic arm. Was it so easy for people to see through his facade? Taking a moment to calm himself he took a deep breath, biting back a sharp retort before speaking to the shepherd next to him.
Think before you speak.
Be positive.
Show no weakness.
The dog nodded. "You're absolutely right Noah. No one should be ashamed of that." He gave a sad smile. Lying to others was one thing, but lying to himself was surprisingly easy.
"But it's easier said than done. Let's leave it at that, okay? Enjoy the show.".
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Esper wrote:"I do not like this kind of media," The rat droid said bluntly, "It's archaic."
"Is that so?" The armless man took another glance at the ditty going on on stage. "I don't exactly know, I rarely watch these kinds of shows." He flashed a half-smirk, half-smile at Caeruleus. "I like it though, as old-fashioned as it may be. It is a reminder of the happier times in the past, before the virus outbreak. It might be hard for a young creature such as yourself and the rest of the Ani-droids to understand, but I find that humans and pets alike need a good laugh every now and then, as they trudge on with their lives. After a century of living amongst them, I find myself being in that same mindset with regards to this small thing."

John paused for a while, making a brief yet thorough analysis of the current act and musical arrangement in his head. Then he asked the rat, "Still, to each their own. You're planning to go somewhere then?"
=================

Ashe was still in dreamland, dreaming of big servings of steak and fries, a small snicker escaping her. Her head snuggled closer towards Dust's, but the paw opposite the cy-pet somehow sneaked itself towards Rosie's arm, holding onto the fur-covered metal appendage lightly.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Rosie held the paw next to her, but she didn't look.
Wealthy... Why would you do this to me? She thought to herself.

Orion watched the show quietly, smiling at the dancing actors.

Hinata scanned the crowd and found a second camera as well. She took the secret passage downstairs and walked to the man.
Sir, I'm going to have to confiscate that camera from you. You can get it back after the show minus the recording at the concession stand.
After retrieving the camera, Hinata went to the other man and took that camera, telling him the same thing.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"I can't access online maps." Caeruleus mumbled, "I'll get lost if I go anywhere. My navigation system is inoperative without internet access..."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dust laid his head against Ashe's. You could hear a faint purr coming from the cy-pet.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Satisfied that Hinata is handling the situation, Kelly turns back to her box and to the show. On stage, having tried several times to win back the girl, the lead actor is in one corner and the lead actress in another, simulating being in the bedrooms in their respective houses. They take turns at singing a lament, he about the futility of love and she about the frustration that is men. The individual laments turn into a single beautiful duet and then the curtain drops and the lights come back on in the theatre for the intermission.

On the floor and in the balcony, ushers walk up and down the aisles, offering refreshments from trays slung around their necks. Kelly pulls back the curtain and wheels in a trolley that has been left during the show for just this purpose. Opening the hatches on the trolley, she begins offering her guests ice-creams, drinks and other assorted snacks.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Rosie gives a slight nudge to Ashe when the lights go on to wake her up.
Cae, will you stay and watch the show with us? Orion asked. Or would you like to go now? Orion asked.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

When the intermission started Avery wordlessly got up, leaving the box and heading down to the lobby to get some air. There was a sinking feeling gnawing at him in the back of his mind, though he wasn't sure why.
The dog tugged on his collar, like a tie knotted a bit too tight. He looked around for one of the trolley carts, deciding that what he needed was a drink.

Ref Ref!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Esper wrote:"I can't access online maps." Caeruleus mumbled, "I'll get lost if I go anywhere. My navigation system is inoperative without internet access..."
"I see, that's why you were asking whether Wifi is available inside the theater," John commented. The sounds of singing and accompanying orchestra music piqued his interest, but he focused on Caeruleus for now. "However, from my understanding of plays in theaters, you are not allowed to leave until the intermission."

The singing stopped and the lights came back on, illuminating the hall just as he said it. "...which is now, coincidentally enough."

Ashe felt some nudging at her sides, and she slowly stirred from her sleep. "Daaaad, lemme schleeep shummore..." she groggily muttered, her paw that was previously held by Rosie flailed about looking for the nonexistent light switched. Finally it landed on Rosie's chest, and the soft feeling of fur over a hard surface jolted her wide awake!

"Oh, whew, it was you Rosie. I thought it was someone else," she said. She soon realized that her paw was still stuck on the fox's chest, and she hurriedly pulled it back, blushing red. "Sorry, didn't mean to do that. Oh look, more food!" Her attention was quickly snatched by the tray of food that Kelly the ferret wheeled into their box. She shook the still sleeping Dust next to her by the shoulder. "Dust, wake up!"

John in the meantime saw Avery leaving the box. He caught a glimpse of the dog's face, and saw a rather distraught look behind the facade. "Caeruleus, can you climb back into my pocket? I'll bring you outside to the lobby."

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"H-huh? What's going on?" Dust asked, waking up. "Hey food!"
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Rosie also blushed red, feeling the paw in her fur. She waved to Kelly and wrote through her eyes
010000110110000101101110001000000111100101101111011101010010000001100111011001010111010000100000011011010110010100100000011100110110111101101101011001010010000001101111011010010110110000111111
*Can you get me some oil?*
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Kelly takes an iota of a second to process the binary into regular droid programming language and then offers Rosie a choice of top-of-the-range lubricating, cooling and scent-freshening oil, or regular droid oil, passing the droid a bottle of her chosen oil.
"Tonight all food, drink and droid supplies are on the house, courtesy of the Doyle Theatre Group. Please help yourselves to all supplies in the trolley and don't hesitate to ask if you require or desire anything."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Ashe was just about to help herself to a cup of chocolate gelato handed by the smartly dressed droid when she noticed that Rosie was not saying anything. Looking at her proving to be a mistake though, she freaked out at the sight of 1's and 0's trailing across the area where her pupils were supposed to be. So freaked out in fact, that she jolted upwards from her seat and landing smack on the ground in front of her seat.

"Oh my God, Rosie! What happened to your eyes? And why are you not saying anything?"
she gushed, panicking a bit. This was similar to how she was back at the Captain's control room at the Moonbase. That was a horrifying experience that she was not hoping to relive again!

However, her anxiety melted into sheer confusion seeing how the ferret droid's calm response to Rosie's predicament, even offering what looked like cans of oil. "I-is she okay, errr... Miss Kelly?" she asked tentatively.

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Caeruleus silently scaled John's clothing and plopped into his pocket, "I am ready."
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"Right," John curtly said. He took a quick glance at Ashe and saw that she was nudging the cat next to her. Not wanting to distress her anymore than she should be, the man left the box just as silently, nodding at the Ani-droid ushers guarding the entrance, and made his way to the lobby.

"Caeruleus, see if your WiFi's working again,"
he said. At the same time, he paced towards Avery. "Hey, is everything alright Avery?" he soon asked with a warm smile.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"She is fine, ma'am. May I help you up?" Kelly sets aside the oil cans and helps Ashe back to her paws.
"She is merely low on power so the only way she can currently communicate is to display binary code on her eyes. Is there anything you wish me to convey to, Miss Smith, Miss Gracia?' Kelly indicates the cord trailing from Rosie's head as she speaks.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Rosie also pointed to the back of her head to show the plug.
Rosie's, as well as mine and Eric's camera-eyes are under the monitors. If she can't speak, she can use the monitors to convey words, binary, or emotions.
Rosie displayed the statement to Ashe, showing in her right monitor eye a sorry emoji ^.^'. Her left, on the other hand, displayed a pink heart with an arrow through it. She quickly blushed, being embarrased and covered the left monitor with a paw. The right changed to an embarassed emoji '//_//'

Orion saw that John had left, so he turned to Noah.
How do you like the show?
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Sun May 25, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The dog turned around to face the alien, revealing that he was nursing what looked to be an orange liquid in a transparent cup. But it seemed as though none had been drunken yet. His face brightened at the sight of of John as the alien walked up to him, putting on a smile.
"Hey Mr. Smith, yeah, doin just dandy." The dog nodded. His eyes drifted for a moment from the person in front of him to the drink in his hand, then back up again. They seemed duller than they were before.
"So, how'd you like the show." He asked, turning the questioning around. He chuckled light-heartedly. "I honestly wasn't expecting a comedy."

Ref Ref!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

James got up to get a refill for his soda, so Noah turned to Orion. I'm not a big fan of romances but it's not the worst I've seen. It's kinda funny, and the songs are okay, so far it's a 7/10 for me.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Hlaoroo wrote:"She is fine, ma'am. May I help you up?" Kelly sets aside the oil cans and helps Ashe back to her paws.
"She is merely low on power so the only way she can currently communicate is to display binary code on her eyes. Is there anything you wish me to convey to, Miss Smith, Miss Gracia?' Kelly indicates the cord trailing from Rosie's head as she speaks.
"Oof!" Ashe huffed as she hoisted herself back up on her feetpaws with Kelly's help. "Thank you Miss Kelly."
She listened to her explanation, and seeing her USB cord again made her exhale a sigh. "Thank the stars you're okay, Rosie. You gave me a fright there!" She paused for a bit, then scratched the temple of her head. "What's binary code though? All those numbers? So Ani-droids can speak with just numbers?"
MrNeonShot wrote:Rosie also pointed to the back of her head to show the plug.
Rosie's, as well as mine and Eric's camera-eyes are under the monitors. If she can't speak, she can use the monitors to convey words, binary, or emotions.
Rosie displayed the statement to Ashe, showing in her right monitor eye a sorry emoji ^.^'. Her left, on the other hand, displayed a pink heart with an arrow through it. She quickly blushed, being embarrased and covered the left monitor with a paw. The right changed to an embarassed emoji '//_//'
The cat read the statement, and got even more confused. Why was Rosie speaking in the third person? Was there another default setting in her programming? Are all Ani-droids like that?

The questions were shelved though as the display of symbols on her eyes--no wait, her 'monitors' apparently-- and she subconsciously placed her right cheek in her right paw, supporting the elbow with her left. Her brows creased. This pose she held for a few moments.

"You guys are so very confusing sometimes," she mused to herself. Those brochures definitely didn't mention any of this! She let her thoughts be swept under the rug for now, and leaned forwards, wrapping the silent fox within an embrace. "Whatever it is, I'm happy that you're okay Rosie." She then did what was natural at that moment: nuzzle the crook between her neck and shoulder. That synthetic bio-fur thingamajig was soft like the real thing, that's for sure!
=======================
Roarin wrote:The dog turned around to face the alien, revealing that he was nursing what looked to be an orange liquid in a transparent cup. But it seemed as though none had been drunken yet. His face brightened at the sight of of John as the alien walked up to him, putting on a smile.
"Hey Mr. Smith, yeah, doin just dandy." The dog nodded. His eyes drifted for a moment from the person in front of him to the drink in his hand, then back up again. They seemed duller than they were before.
"So, how'd you like the show." He asked, turning the questioning around. He chuckled light-heartedly. "I honestly wasn't expecting a comedy."
"Me too, but I think there are some underlying themes behind the... 'skits', I think they're called," John stated.

Suddenly, the man yelped. His body jerked hard, so much so that he had to bend himself at the knees to steady himself. A buzz began emanating from the being, and right in front of the dog, the stumps at his shoulders began to stretch and lengthen. The clothing above the growing appendage expanded along to keep in pace, and soon John had his forearms again. The growth stopped, and the buzzing followed suit.

"Phew, that was startling!" John exclaimed, shaking his head to rid himself of the surreal sensations. "Oh, half of my arms grew back. Too bad the regeneration stopped halfway."

The man bent forwards again, only this time at his waist, and did what he had wanted to do the whole time he was armless. He patted between Avery's ears over the cap. It was awkward, yes, but went at it nonetheless, and for a good amount of time too. "I don't know what's bothering you Avery, and at this point, I feel that it is rude for me to pry too much without you wanting me to, but be rest assured that things will get better. Such is the fate for Earth's beings. You can always talk to me about it though, if and when you're ready." John smiled kindly as he finished saying this.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

((Wow, I completely miss translated that :p. I was going to have Lilly explain, but apparently, I forgot to write that... I'll just say it was a recording?))
Rosie blushed again and hugged the cat back.

This is a romance? Orion asked.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dust watched silently at Ashe's and Rosie's reactions.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah was slightly taken back by Orion's question. Hadn't he been paying attention? Its been a romance since he said "today's the day I'm gonna tell her."

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You're welcome, Miss Smith. Are you injured or do you require medical assistance?" Seeing that Ashe is okay, Kelly moves on to answer her question in typical anidroid fashion, providing far more information than is necessary.
"Binary code is the base of all programming and is the form into which all programming is converted in order for it to take effect. The ones represent an on switch in our circuitry and the zeros represent an off switch. This is in effect what all programming is: telling currents to switch on and off across the various parts of our circuitry in order to produce an effect. As an example, if you fall and ask for help to get up, this command is converted into switching the correct motors on and off to allow out joints to move into the correct positions to help you as well as switching the speakers that provide our voice on and off at the correct frequency to produce the voice you hear. This is essentially the same process that happens in your own body, only you have muscles instead of motors and lungs and vocal cords instead of speakers. It is by harnessing the similarities between the body's system of electrical impulses and an anidroid's electronic processes that bionic parts and thus cypets as well as prostheses for humans and the various alien species are possible. Does that answer your question?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Rosie knew Ashe wouldn't understand the tech talk, so she tried simplifying it. Then she remembered she couldn't speak.

Orion shrugged. I just thought he had something important to tell her.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Ashe held the embrace for a few while, before finally letting go of Rosie. She glanced back at Kelly. "No, I'm fine. Thanks for asking."

As Rosie had suspected, the wall of text that the ferret had recited faithfully was too much for the simple-minded cat, and when she asked whether that answered her question, all she said was "What." One could almost see the metaphorical smoke coming out from her ears as she tried to make sense of what Kelly had just said.

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The dog smirked at the gesture, and he showed his thanks by leaning slightly into the hand, enjoying the contact.
"Thanks Mr. Smith." The dog nodded after the alien had finished speaking. "It's nice to know you're there. *sigh* But..." He pauses, looking away for a moment. What was he suppose to say? He didn't want help? Didn't need it? Confident in his own abilities to solves his own problems? Too prideful?
"I think, for now at least, I wanna try and figure things out on my own." He tips the cup he has to his mouth, draining the small amount of liquid inside, and feeling alttle better afterwards.
"I want everyone to not talk about it and just act norm- ah!" The dog suddenly lurches forwards as he feels his right leg buckle under him. His instincts kick in and his right arm reaches out in front of him to grab at whatever he can (which happens to be the labcoat Mr. Smith is wearing) to stabilize himself.
When his downward momentum finally stops he looks up at the man, an expression of shocked distress on his face. The orange glow in his right eye has died into a cold blackness, his left arm lying limp on his side, the cup in its grasp had dropped to the floor to rest aside the hat that had fallen off too.
(hope it's not too dramatic >_<)

Ref Ref!