Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Lucid_Dragon

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

More Paper Mario (finally have more time to play), though I did play some Military Madness for the heck of it the other night; Sure, it's basically Advance Wars Lite, but still fun, and it has some addictive retro music, to boot.

On a less happy note, I have to shop on ebay for a genesis to 32X connector if I hope to use the 32X again. Yes, the 32X gets a lot of flak, but it actually has 3 games I consider to be some of the best, and not to be missed: Virtua Fighter (Actually runs BETTER than the Saturn version of the same game!), Virtua Racing (Not as many features as the Saturn Version, but you can't argue with the faster loading times), and Knuckles Chaotix (One of the best looking and sounding Sonic games ever created, it rightfully earns its title that Gamefan gave it back in the day: Sonic CD Part 2; though unlike Sonic CD, the special stage in Chaotix is not nearly as infuriating :lol:).

Anybody else here have systems that weren't as popular? I've got a 32X, Virtual Boy, and Saturn...
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Found a private server holder on the Wii, online may just continue! :D
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Still beating bosses left and right in Tales of Hearts R. Also Eternal Sonata.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
exranio

Post by exranio »

My cousin's Xbox One came back from repairs so I have to relearn Killer Instinct after about 2 months of not being able to play it.
Though it only took about an hour to get back into the grove of playing Sabrewulf.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Megamaster wrote:Still beating bosses left and right in Tales of Hearts R. Also Eternal Sonata.
I loved Eternal Sonata, but there was so much they could have done better. The polish was so wonderful that it made me wish the game had more substance.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Really enjoying Tales of Hearts R. I should get back to playing PS3.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Liam

Post by Liam »

ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy one hour till the release of DreadOut!
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
fabrizio2000

Post by fabrizio2000 »

I like the "Sly" series for Ps2,and also the new title for Ps3.
I like it because the story,lots of the main character and the little splice of irony.
The developer of the trhee first titles of the game is the producer of Sucker Punch.I don't remember who produced the sequel.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

GTA Online isn't all it's made out to be.

Maybe it's because I'm playing on PS3, but servers are sparsely populated and rarely does anything interesting happen. The only job that ever fills up is Rooftop Rumble, for obvious reasons.
As a result of this strange desertedness, only hackers and people who have been around through the bug-fest that was the launch have enough money to afford anything big, and only the most ardent of grinders get the good guns and vehicle upgrades.
I still ride on a barely customized Double-T because that's the fastest thing I can afford. No armor, EMS 1 only, wheels and paint. No one does bike races so I can't get much further than that. None of my friends play PS3 either, so grinding parties are pretty much out of the window.

I see people playing on Xbox and having the time of their lives, and here I sit barely experiencing anything. Why is GTA Online so dead? Why does it have to be? Is it platform bias? Is there something wrong with the PS3 servers that is spreading players thin? What is it?
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Derping around in Bravely Default.
exranio

Post by exranio »

As for the GTA stuff, absolutely no clue dude. Still playing the Xbox version I can confirm that their is still a good number of people playing and its not just youtubers. However both sides have lost a significant number of players and the reason for that is hiests. Which is the main reason a lot of people wanted to play and everyone has gotten tired of waiting for them long ago.

On another subject, I'm really excited for the Smash Bros 4 invitational tournament. I will finally get a chance to see if the game has wave-dashing, L-canceling, and all that other stuff I care about. Because if they're actually inviting good players they will try it. So I'll know whether it exists based on if I see it or not.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Derping around in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. :p
Pladim

Post by Pladim »

Just pre-ordered Watch Dogs : Collectors Edition. Along with half my clan. I am really looking foreword to playing it! New Game Hype!
I'm Blue daba dee daba die
Steps to Enlightenment brighten the way, but the stairs are steep, take them one at a time.
----------
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

LoZ: Ocarina of Time! Woop woop! Just got it, but there are a ton of texture glitches :p
I can't push a block without having grass be thrown across the screen.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Are you talking about the original or one of many remakes?
Pladim

Post by Pladim »

By the seeing "Texture glitches" and stuff, i'm thinking an emulator.
Steps to Enlightenment brighten the way, but the stairs are steep, take them one at a time.
----------
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Pladim wrote:By the seeing "Texture glitches" and stuff, i'm thinking an emulator.
Nopedynopenopenope
That being said, I used to hate business shrubs, but now... Look at all the neat stuff you can collect for just 40 rupees! :D
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Practicing soloing in Tales of The Abyss
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

At work again, though I've been alternating Paper Mario and my replay of Phoenix Wright 3. Wish I wasn't so sick, though...fell asleep out of pure exhaustion while cross-examining Dahlia Hawthorne. :S

On a lighter note, I found a bunch of my old CDs the other day, yet noticed they were all in the wrong cases. I never was very good at organization, but then I realized the reason why I found all these out-of-place CDs in one area: Monster Rancher! I haven't played that game in years...and I remember my cousin and I spending entire afternoons going through stacks upon stacks of CDs, looking for rare monsters (I still remember our greatest triumph...finding a Metal Jell on a CD for a musical). It's so funny, looking back on what was so popular back in the day. Granted, raising monsters is still fun, but it's hardly at the peak of its popularity like before.
Last edited by Lucid_Dragon on Wed May 21, 2014 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Killing bosses in Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2. Might go home and play Monster Rancher Evo
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/ike.html
Ike confirmed for SSB4

WE LIKE IKE!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I still think Shulk from Xenoblade would have been epic.
Monado Buster! :lol:
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

Yes! I had admittedly given up hope that Ike would be back, so Shulk or no (though I too thought he'd be a great addition), I'm glad they kept the "heavy swordsman" moveset in the game!

I think it's a forgone conclusion that Pac Man is going to be in the game. Despite other characters from Namco Bandai I would have preferred to play as (Lloyd Irving, Nightmare, Klonoa, etc.), I suppose it's better if they go for a more widely-recognized character.

I'm still hoping for Ray 01, Dixie, Krystal, Simon Belmont, and possibly (though unlikely) Shantae.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Having a lot of CD games had the awesome bonus of having a lot of unique Monster Rancher monsters. I think I found at least 5 S Class monsters, and the awesome Phoenix on one of them ~ A music Cd.

Also, I'm back to playing Pokémon Y again. Anyone have a Shinx/Luxray?
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I replaced Ike with Naruto on my Smash Bros Brawl copy. While he's cool and all, Naruto with Ike's voice is really cool ^w^
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Taking back Mario Kart Double Dash after MK Wii is a trauma. Just can't wait for MK8
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

GameCobra wrote:Also, I'm back to playing Pokémon Y again. Anyone have a Shinx/Luxray?
Sure, when are you online?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Starting tomorrow i'll be at home 7 PM Atlantic time. I mightbe home early tonight also. Off to work now. so crossing my fingers. =3
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I'm on now if you want one. :3
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sorry. At work now. :(
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

How long until you finish? I can do any time in the next four hours without a problem. :D
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Just started playing Ghost Trick on my phone. I've heard good things ^_^
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Depends. i'm suppose to be off in 8 hours, but i'm trying to take the time off early today =P

I'll let you if i get off early or not.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

I don't think I've gotten this angry at a single-player game in a long time.

The boulders are what get ya. In Dino Run: Marathon of Doom, it's ALWAYS the boulders. The SMALLEST of them still stop you completely in your tracks. What's worse, about 130K pixels away, you have to go through a whole FIELD of the things. Some are barely the size of your head, others are as big as a Brontosaur's body. All of them are incredibly infuriating to get around in their own way.

And don't get me started on the angry Pterodactyls. Combined with boulders they're all the game needs to send anyone into a downward spiral of emotional turmoil.

And yet, when you finally win the stupid thing, you feel relieved. You beat it. You finally defeated the Marathon of Doom.

You exit back to the menu...

"Medium Challenge Completed"

If I never see this game again, it'd be a million years too soon.

Time to Finish: 441.6
Time to Doom: 502.3
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Pladim

Post by Pladim »

Dust : An Elysian Tail, went up for sale on Steam for $3.74, and thanks to a bet I made on TwoKinds I got to snag it. 10 hours later I finally take a breather...
----------
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I didn't know you guys were playing online with each other, too bad I only have PC games to play online.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Playing Megaman Battle Network 4: Red Sun like a boss. Also Megaman Battle Network 3: Blue.
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

3 day weekend was great; actually had time to play a bit. Just cleared Shy Guy's Toybox and Lavalava Island, as well as defeated the Giant Blooper and Kent C. Koopa in Paper Mario. Going to try for Flower Fields and some sidequests tonight. Not sure where I'll go, gamewise, after finishing Paper Mario...probably Mario Kart, now that I think about it. ^^;

Also, E3 is coming! Who here's going to be watching it?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I tried making a pandemic in Pandemic 2. Here is what I've recorded.

Torrens- Latin for burning, rushing, ect.
So far the bacteria has only caused burning.

Torrens
Bacteria Evolution:
Update 1
Symptoms include Sneezing, Coughing, Fever, Sweating, Vomiting, Diarrhea, and Sores. More info is to be collected in the future.
It's resistant to class 1 cold, class 1 heat, class 1 moisture, and class 1 drug treatment.
Transmission so far is through Rodent and Insect.
Traits incluse durability and bacteria.

Update 2
Torrens has evolved to airborne transmission.
Resistance has evolved from heat 1 to heat 2. It has also evolved from drug 1 to drug 2.

Update 3
Torrens has evolved transmission through water.

Update 4
Torrens now shows Nausea as a new symptom. It's also evolved to resist class 2 cold.

Update 5
Torrens has developed a resistance to class 2 moisture.

Update 6
Despite my best attempts to destroy humanity, there are no more people infected to spread disease (even though its supposed to spread through the air :p)
Thank you all for your regards, but it's over.
~Neon
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Lucid_Dragon wrote:3 day weekend was great; actually had time to play a bit. Just cleared Shy Guy's Toybox and Lavalava Island, as well as defeated the Giant Blooper and Kent C. Koopa in Paper Mario. Going to try for Flower Fields and some sidequests tonight. Not sure where I'll go, gamewise, after finishing Paper Mario...probably Mario Kart, now that I think about it. ^^;

Also, E3 is coming! Who here's going to be watching it?
Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door. If you're not a stupid idiot and you like Paper Mario (but I repeat myself), you'll also like the sequel. It's almost as good.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!