17th Century Fox - OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: 17th Century Fox - OOC

Post by Hlaoroo »

1) No worries. ;)
2) He is but he's normally played by Argent when we need him which isn't very often.
3) Yep. That looks good now. ;)

I doubt the ones who captured him would let hi out to fight because he'd fight against them. I reckon the crew of the impudence would let him fight for them though once the find and rescue him. t might take them a while to get belowdecks. Perhaps an errant cannonball could fly through the side of the brig and smash the latch/lock on the door off, allowing him to escape and join in the fighting?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

I think that will work :D . When's the battle?

Jack the Eevee and Barb the Buizel

George "Geo" Walker......S-8 P-4 E-7 C-7 I-6 A-7 L-3
Thank you kurowolfe for the banner!

3DS Friend Code: 1006 0495 4065
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

i want to say in a bit this way we can move along without having to see the chaos from the chef ok roo?
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Argent

Post by Argent »

The best hats are made from felted animal fur, often rabbit. Cheap caps are cloth. That was true in the 17th Century, and is still true today.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

True but a pirate could easily procure a felt hat from a rich merchant ship if he wanted it. So either hat is equally plausible.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Soo... Has Blacks met Jin before?
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

my guess is no , or at least the two never had a conversation before
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

More likely never had a conversation. Ships aren't all that big so there's no way they wouldn't have at the very least acknowledged other on deck somewhere, especially considering that Blacks has been in with the crew for several days now.

Are we done with the galley raid?

Seems we have one other small thing to do and then we can have our sea battle.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

If i may we can have it against Blacks older crew. theyd be mutinous bloodthirsty pirates wanting anything they can grab.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That would work.

We just have to remember to keep this battle within forum ratings, is all.

Is there anything to be done on the galley raid still?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

nope the rats just have to say when done and head back.
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

so are we gonna just say that the rat got back to the city now ?
Hotep the psychic

yes
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Alright. So once Tiki rescues those rats I'll initiate battle mode.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

you could also timeskip a few hours so everyones working again. this time however in a storm that hit or such. because blacks and his owner would be able to make out the ship. (french made long galleon with two decks of 6guns on each side with 4lb shot. foreward triangle sail, two central masts and a rear square sail like that of the chinese junks. it has no forward guns but it does have small cannons throughout the top on seperate swivel mounts. the cells would hold the new character and any other surviving crew who still supported the old captain. the cargo hold is on the very bottom, stores are level with the second gun deck. it has more of a hardened wood build with small guns. althought the masts make it seem speedy it would be just slightly slower than the roleplays ship unless with the wind. flag is red base with sword cross behind a black skull(means crew kills everyone leaves nothing and fights dirty.) ) anything could be up for grabs on the ship as pirate code would be to grab the plunder and most things that would give an advantage. (guns, cannons, weapons, sail canvas, ship designs and plans, maps etc.) lastly the ship name is The Red Raven. By pirates its known for its old crews ways of crippling vessals and pucking off the insides of there targets before leaving.(i mean the ships they raid not the people) after the mutiny it targeted anything. the wood is painted dark.

did i get carried away?
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Kateleo's character has t be introduced during this battle though. I did have the lookout spot the ship on the horizon earlier.

I think you're right though that for PG-ness it would be best to skip the actual battle. It would be a lot messier than the rat/cat fight...

What we'll do, is I'll do a post to initiate and then end the battle with Kateleo's character on board our ship and probably some of the crew from the other ship locked in the brig at the captain and Black's mercy (mostly the captain's).

I like that you know that they actually used a red flag to signal that they're attacking and not just a skull and crossbones though. Not many people know that. ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

you could also have it that the captain gains some new things from the ship, canvas, cannons and such. i will add in that maybe its not such a bad idea that the ship holds more than it can by placing things in the gun deck in use for repairing the ship. like the crew took 4 of the cannons to replace the ones destroyed and also found the ship design plans in the captains quarters to give thw galleon a better mast layout or they took the canvas to replace one that burned and so on so forth. if ok i could make a post on what was gained and lost in the battle?
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

They'd certainly pilfer what they could but they wouldn't overload the ship due to the risk of capsizing.
We could work your list into the RP by having James giving Eduardo a report on the battle.
Run the list be me before you put it in the IC but I think it's not a bad idea.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

Currently reading: http://www.baenebooks.com/p-2325-1636-c ... ndies.aspx

Plenty of 17th century naval battles in there.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

There's going to be a short time-skip to facilitate the battle in a PG manner.
Is everybody ready for that to happen or do people want to tie up loose ends and suchlike? The skip will only be for a couple of hours.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

Is the battle going to end up with a captured ship? They're currently under-strength so if they have to leave a prize crew on the other ship they're going to be in trouble.
Hotep the psychic

No the ship will sink i beleive, but i do like the idea of capturing the ship. then it could be fixed and such but then again it may be more work on having characters on two different ships. But i would do it just to have the ship, the two ships can talk by flags during th day and lanterns at night.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I was planning to sink it.

I wouldn't have thought they'd trust incorporating a captured crew into their own, especially one that they know has mutinied in the past. I was going to have the survivors marooned on the way to Castillo Pato.

Plus, given that that ship has mutinied before they may well be under-strength too.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Actually i said that the original crew that would be freindly are in the brig. the mutineers are commanding the vessal. so if they are alive then yeah kill them but the loyal crew wouldnt mind the switch of captains possibly. numbers wise the ship is under manned. and the brig holds around 10 loyal men still including the first mate of the crew. so if the ship could still sail theyd take over with some men of the impudence to aid and command them.

decides with that big a ship means more cargo to carry and better chances in fights!
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

A galleon would normally have a couple of hundred crewmen.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I suppose that would work - having the loyal crew members in the brig and joining the crew.

How do you suggest that the battle plays out then, Argent?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

wow im sorry, i put galleon but i meant East Indiaman class ship, with a slight difference in length, (for reference see the black pearl from POTC movie here : http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/East_Indiaman) The differences would be length armament and shape. still its undermanned due to the loyal crew in the brig. but it gives a better idea to what it looks like and such.

Battle wise: The impudence encounters being thrown into a large storm while at sea. crew members are working hard to keep the ship together and afloat, After some time the enemy vessal is seen on the horizon closing fast on the starboard side as it sways with the giant waves and the battle begins. The Impudence wins by crippling the ship rendering it immobile and afterwards boards the vessal. Here the fighting goes on and the captain finds the brig seeing the loyal crew and the new character. James would join him here where the captain makes them swear to a pact and releases them. The fight ends with the crippled ship captured and needing a tow to Castillo Pato where both ships would be repaired and further sight on the loyal crew would be seen to.

:ugeek: Like a boss
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

Hotep the psychic wrote:wow im sorry, i put galleon but i meant East Indiaman class ship, with a slight difference in length, (for reference see the black pearl from POTC movie here : http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/East_Indiaman) The differences would be length armament and shape. still its undermanned due to the loyal crew in the brig. but it gives a better idea to what it looks like and such.
The Caribbean was mostly Spanish at this time, and they were still using basically the big 16th century galleons, they were seen as fortresses of the seas. The merchant ships, naos, were a little wider with fewer guns, but basically the same class. Pirates would be using galleons and maybe carracks or naos, and smaller fore-and-aft rigged ships that were more maneuverable but not as able to take punishment.

The Impudence is an English-built galleon. It's fairly small, and is described in earlier messages.

This early in the 1600s naval battles were basically melees, the boats holding fire until they were a few hundred feet away, because of the short range and inaccuracy of their guns. The Impudence's secret weapon is the big port gun that takes up the whole rear of the gun deck... it's got easily twice the range and throw weight of the regular naval guns.

Unless the pirate is very small, it wouldn't be towed. If it couldn't be salvaged with a prize crew it would be scuttled and abandoned.
Hotep the psychic

Well if your gonna be stiff on the year of the ships then the closest thing i can find would be a large version corvette or a Navi both would have the same description of the ship by being slightly longer and such. then it would take damage heavily as the impudence would and would still sail....slowly but it'd still sail. My choice would be the Navi class since its closer in relation of galleons than the corvette.
Better for you argent?
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

I just remember something , we should tell kate about the coming time skip , just so she would be ready
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Are the details of the other ship really all that important? The Impudence will win the battle, although it will sustain a fair amount of damage, it'll take on the loyal crew members that were imprisoned on the other ship and maroon the rest of the surviving sailors and then we'll head to Castillo Pato. We wouldn't be writing the actual battle anyway, just to keep this PG.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

:( ok.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to shut you down or upset you.

It's just that sea battles are bloody and violent so we really can't write much and still stay within the forum ratings. Besides, we're all agreed on the outcome of the battle anyway, aren't we? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

You guys have had some good points and good ideas though. We can use some of them later on in the story, I'm sure.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"The pirate drew drew closer, and the rats huddled together in the depths of the ship, differences forgotten in the face of the greater danger. Up on deck Blacks and James loaded and reloaded their assigned gun, working alongside the purely human teams... but it was the report of Captain Palgrave's beloved culverin that ended the battle, the pirate's stern blow apart in a storm of splinters... "
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Argent wrote:"The pirate drew drew closer, and the rats huddled together in the depths of the ship, differences forgotten in the face of the greater danger. Up on deck Blacks and James loaded and reloaded their assigned gun, working alongside the purely human teams... but it was the report of Captain Palgrave's beloved culverin that ended the battle, the pirate's stern blow apart in a storm of splinters... "
.....on second thought , maybe we should let the battle go a little bit longer than that :lol:
Hotep the psychic

" the pirates seeing ending come roared with greater morality as they began boarding each others ships. the fighting becoming a match on who could stay stading as the waves of the storm threw both ships in the many different directions. The Impudence Crew soon began changing the tide of battle as the impudences guns continued firing at the multiple decks of the ship, the crew who sepereated off, men fell here and there as the pirates grabbed the multitoods of loot and tresures and other boxes and crates. blacks and james and the captain moved down to the brig where a medium sized group of abled bodied men were standing as they recognized the two freinds and the unrecognizable captain. After so the group charged into the battle, and aided the raid of the lower decks, multiple men grabing their own belongings as well and much more as the ship began to sink. It was over, and the old crew watched their favored ship sink with the dead, down to davy jones's locker."

:D
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

I am facepawing so hard right now :lol:
to be fair fatal violence had happened in other RP before, so we could possibly act out this fight, so that everyone could anticipate in , as long as it's not too graphic
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Alright, alright. You got me. Majority rules. We can RP the fight as long as we remember that it can't be graphic.
Also, no storm. It's been calm enough all day. I suggest we keep the storm for a dramatic moment/arc later on.
If we're all in agreement then, I'll initiate the fight and then let you guys RP it since my characters won't really be involved since they're, you know, rats.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

then control crew members or something
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

yeah you will control all the enemies Hlaoroo :twisted: :twisted: