John Green + Hank Green = VlogBrothers!

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sansash

John Green + Hank Green = VlogBrothers!

Post by Sansash »

I'd like to take a moment to express my appreciation for the VlogBrothers. John and Hank Green have been putting up weekly videos on YouTube addressed to each other and to the Internet as a whole for maybe a decade by now, and also do lots of other cool stuff. John's a novelist whose most recent work The Fault In Our Stars has been adapted into a movie soon to be released; Hank is a singer, musician and songwriter who enjoys accompanying his love of science and Harry Potter to music. Both have other video channels on Youtube as well including Crash Course which features quick lessons on a variety of subjects; John teaches history and literature while Hank focuses on the sciences. I discovered them about a year ago in the middle of John's U.S. History and have since enjoyed their explanations of current events, advice on relationships, recollections of past bumps in the road, and overall optimism and attempt to "increase the amount of awesome and decrease the amount of suck" in the world.

I'd love to hear if anyone else has been following John and Hank and say what they like about them.

DFTBA.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: John Green + Hank Green = VlogBrothers!

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I discovered them through Tumblr and have been watching them for maybe half a year now. They are indeed awesome, and I plan to use Crash Course US History to help me through my required history class.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

i actually found Crash Course before I stumbled upon Vlogbrothers (this was due to my procrastination and my final desperate attempt to study for a test by looking up "A.P Biology" plus the thing subject we were studying at the time. And I found Hank Green.)
There's something about fast-talking and informative rants that makes their videos interesting and fun to watch ^_^
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

I may have to check these guys out...

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

John's history lessons have been the highlight of my Ancient Civ class which has been otherwise drab and, in my opinion, vastly inferior to my English class. I find his jokes relatively funny and the stuff he actually talks about is somehow made more intriguing than when our teacher talks about them.

In other words, the Vlog Bros. are awesome and I hope they continue until all that needs to be known is known :D
If you want my number, it's #804080.
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

Bumped into them through CGPGrey's Death to the Pennies video, which linked to John's Penny video. I ended up subscribing to the them, SciShow and wait for it... Crash Course (and all those youtube educators and collaborator channels like Minute___, VSauce_, Brady's Channels, PBS_____, Veritasium and several other channels XD). Also, I really liked how they try to inform the public of various issues around and at the same time trying to stay neutral on those.

I find it great that they decided to create Nerdfighteria and DFTBA to support a lot of people and their establishment of several programs like VidCon, P4A and DFTBA records. It's really good seeing how the community grows. Yep, they're definitely awesome, and DFTBA.
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo