The Welcome Thread!

Discuss the comic here
Pladim

Re: The Welcome Thread!

Post by Pladim »

Welcome! I look foreword to seeing how your artwork will go!
I'm Blue daba dee daba die
Steps to Enlightenment brighten the way, but the stairs are steep, take them one at a time.
----------
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Hello Shadowstar, welcome at the forums. You surely will have fun here.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
aBritishfox

Post by aBritishfox »

Welcome to the forum Shadow, like Render said, you'll have fun here. :P
Did you know my friends call me "The Great Pontificator"! Or was it "The Great Time Waster"?

twitter: https://twitter.com/aBritishfox

Sometimes, being a Sentient Inflatable means air is the only answer for true happiness
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Post by Happiness Designer »

Welcome to the forums Shadow!!
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Hello Shadowstar, and welcome to the forum. ;)
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Shadowstar23 wrote:Hi. I'm rather new to forums so forgive me if I mess something up. I've been a fan of Housepets since the beginning of my sophomore year in high school. Love how his style has evolved and adapted since the comic started. :D I love video games and reading books. I trying to learn how to draw cool art and write a book(if I ever get a chance to actually write one ;) ).
Welcome shadowstar! I too look foreward to seeing your art, and if you wanna see mine and watch me and I can watch you back my dA is http://danjc1.deviantart.com/

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
William_David

Post by William_David »

Hi, I've just started reading Housepets but already I'm hooked on reading about their tales and adventures. I like how they are somewhat relatable and how most of them act like teenagers. I was just wanting to introduce myself to everyone in forums so I could talk about what's going on in Housepets.
King is awesome!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Welcome to the forums, William! :D
Feel free to hop in and discuss! We love new people :twisted:
Oh wait... I mean :D Yeah, not evil
William_David

Post by William_David »

I'm new to forums and thanks for the nice welcoming. I was also wondering how do I get a right sized picture to use. I see that everyone else has one but I wasn't able to find any to use. Can you tell me how to find some of the housepets characters. :?:
King is awesome!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Righto!
We have an Avatar thread in the Fan Projects section ;)
(You might want to start here and work backwards, cause older posts have broken links). If you find one you like, feel free to use it. Or you can request one, and likely someone will be able to find you one that you will like. :D
William_David

Post by William_David »

I am hoping to find one of king. Thanks for helping me out. At first I thought chat sessions online would be weird but you've disproved my theory so thank you.
King is awesome!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Well you just happened to stumble across one of the best forums around. Most webcomics can only wish of having a forum community this awesome. (Or big)

Forums are actually really cool because you can meet and talk with people all over the world easily. Our most recent addition to the mod staff, Hlaoroo, actually lives in Australia. He's usually eating lunch when most of us are thinking of going to bed, but we all still get to know him because we don't have to be on at the same time to see each other's posts. That's the advantage to a place like this over something like Skype.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
William_David

Post by William_David »

Thank you. I am hoping that I will be able to talk to people who share the same interest in house pets as I do. :)

Are the images on the website the entire story or are they just parts of it. I really want to know that I'm not missing out on any of this story.
King is awesome!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Welcome in this great forum, William David. :) If you would have a specific avatar from a comic strip, you can well ask in the apposite thread. ;)
William_David wrote:Are the images on the website the entire story or are they just parts of it. I really want to know that I'm not missing out on any of this story.
All the comic strips in the website are all the ones ever made by Rick, so the comic story it's all here. ;)
William_David

Post by William_David »

Thank you very much for the answer. You have all been very helpful to a total noob like me. :geek:

One more thing. How do you get those pictures at the bottom of your posts? I don't know if they are signatures or how to make them. :geek:
King is awesome!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

You may make signatures in the User Control panel. I believe there is also a topic for banners that you can put in it in the Fan Projects section.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
William_David

Post by William_David »

I don't see the option to place a banner in my signature. Can you give instructions to add a banner? I feel like such a noob :geek:
King is awesome!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

First, you right-click an image that is within the size limit for a signature. Click "Copy image URL" (or something like that. It may be different depending on your browser). Paste it in the box for your signature. Then highlight it, and click the little URL button that should be somewhere above it. After that, it should look like this:

Code: Select all

[url]The picture's URL goes here[/url]
And you have a signature with a picture. (Also, if you're unsure if a picture is within the size limit, don't worry. It will tell you)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

JeffCvt wrote:First, you right-click an image that is within the size limit for a signature. Click "Copy image URL" (or something like that. It may be different depending on your browser). Paste it in the box for your signature. Then highlight it, and click the little URL button that should be somewhere above it. After that, it should look like this:

And you have a signature with a picture. (Also, if you're unsure if a picture is within the size limit, don't worry. It will tell you)
*Ahem*

[img]The picture's URL goes here[/img]
If you want to see the image rather than a link. ;)
William_David

Post by William_David »

Thank you forr the help. I'm still the newbiest person here :geek:
King is awesome!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Everyone has to start somewhere.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Obbl wrote:
JeffCvt wrote:First, you right-click an image that is within the size limit for a signature. Click "Copy image URL" (or something like that. It may be different depending on your browser). Paste it in the box for your signature. Then highlight it, and click the little URL button that should be somewhere above it. After that, it should look like this:

*Ahem*

[img]The picture's URL goes here[/img]
If you want to see the image rather than a link. ;)
Please excuse me while I just go stand in this corner and keep my mouth shut and let the people who actually know this stuff help out.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
William_David

Post by William_David »

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get something started like an online argument. The other guy was correct in his instructions though but thank you for your help anyways. Its nice to know that there are poeple who are helpful even online
King is awesome!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

He's being facetious ;)
Jeff! Go stand in that corner till I say so! :evil: (<- also facetious)
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Welcome to the forums William! :D
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

William_David wrote:Thank you forr the help. I'm still the newbiest person here :geek:
No you are not, David. I'm still rather new myself. I have yet to figure out how to get a avatar. A very warm welcome to you, and I give you a pie. :) (warning: the pie tends to lie.) I hope you have a good time with everyone and that we'll become the best of friends. :mrgreen:
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

JeffCvt wrote:Our most recent addition to the mod staff, Hlaoroo, actually lives in Australia.
Speak not of me lest I shall appear. :twisted:

Welcome, William! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time around here! Don't be afraid to ask any and all questions you may have. We mods don't bite. Well, not very often. :P
Don't worry; you didn't start an argument. We like to banter and mess around, is all. ;)

This helpful link takes you to a topic where you can ask all the questions you have about anything forum-related. There are answers in there for many common questions too.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Well well, welcome to the forums you two! :D
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Welcome to the forums William_David. You will for sure have fun here.
There are plenty things to read, see, and contribute. I noticed you already found the Forum Games, have fun in my part of this place. If you like to read (or maybe also write) Fanfiction, there's also a subforum for those. Also other webcomics are born here and have there homes here in the forums if you're interested. I proudly promote Hukley's webcomic Simon & Freddy, just click the banner in my signature. And if you like to contribute in roleplaying, cling to Hlaoroos tail, he'll lead you to that place. This and much more you can do here. Or if you like, just sit in the chatroom in the Not The Comic section. It's up to you, enjoy. :D

JeffCvt wrote:Forums are actually really cool because you can meet and talk with people all over the world easily. Our most recent addition to the mod staff, Hlaoroo, actually lives in Australia. He's usually eating lunch when most of us are thinking of going to bed, but we all still get to know him because we don't have to be on at the same time to see each other's posts. That's the advantage to a place like this over something like Skype.
Speak for yourself, I see him on Skype on a regular basis. Okay, I'm also only 8 hours away from him, not 14. :D
William_David wrote:I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get something started like an online argument.
Don't worry, especially Mods pulling each others tails is pretty common and only joking.
Hlaoroo wrote:We mods don't bite. Well, not very often. :P
You don't need to fear any diseases from being bitten by our housequoll Hlaoroo, as a soon-to-be Vet, he's for sure proper vaccinated. XD

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Post by Happiness Designer »

Welcome to the forums, William and Shadow!
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Guess i should have posted here first. LOL!

Anyways hello fellow Housepet fans. Im Convoy Wolf. Im a relaative newcomer to the Housepets universe. Ive read the comic from beginning to latest and i absolutely LOVE it. All the characters are cute adorable and funny (even Pete in some cases).

I actually found this comic when a friend linked me to the page of Mice to Meet you when Squeak was stomped by Bigglesworth. (Do like me stompy paws and am a fan of Squeak now)

But honestly this is probably the most engaging comic ive ever read. Ive never registered to the discussion forum of a comic till this one.

So yeah just wanted ta get a greeting post in and my best of luck to King and Bailey. Hope it works out.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Welcome to the forums ConvoyWolf! :D
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

There's no need to post here, but it's always nice if new people say hello. Welcome to the forums, ConvoyWolf.

You'll have much fun here. There are many places to see, not just only the comic discussion. We have a RP section, and forum games, a chat about tools or video games, and a translation corner where you can read the comic in Italian if you like. There are also other comics that are born here or fanfiction... Have fun. (I can only suggest to click the banner in my signature. XD)

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Greetings, ConvoyWolf. Have fun and don't cause unreasonable mischief. ;)
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Hehe thanks for the welcome guys and ill do my best to only cause necessary mischief!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Very good to have been captured by the comic. ;) Welcome here, ConvoyWolf. :)
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

@ConvoyWolf
Reasonable mischief is always necessary. ;)

@Cesco
Are you Yoda in disguise? :ugeek: (This is meant as a joke.)
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Shadowstar23 wrote:@ConvoyWolf
Reasonable mischief is always necessary. ;)

@Cesco
Are you Yoda in disguise? :ugeek: (This is meant as a joke.)
Good to know hehehehehe.
Cesco wrote:Very good to have been captured by the comic. ;) Welcome here, ConvoyWolf. :)
Thank you very much. Love the Avatar of Max. Good lookin kitty!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Shadowstar23 wrote:Are you Yoda in disguise? :ugeek: (This is meant as a joke.)
Well, my English not so good is. :P However, you're looking to be a spy in disguise against me... :P ;)

Apologies for the little off-topic.
aBritishfox

Post by aBritishfox »

ConvoyWolf wrote:Hehe thanks for the welcome guys and ill do my best to only cause necessary mischief!
I don't think I ever welcomed you yet...Welcome Convoy!
Did you know my friends call me "The Great Pontificator"! Or was it "The Great Time Waster"?

twitter: https://twitter.com/aBritishfox

Sometimes, being a Sentient Inflatable means air is the only answer for true happiness