My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: My Little Pony

Post by Sleet »

It's not just any book, though. What happens when you incinerate a powerful dark magic artifact?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sleet wrote:It's not just any book, though. What happens when you incinerate a powerful dark magic artifact?
Well according to the episode nothing apparently, yeah its kind of silly but it looks like that's what happened.

Edit: The final word on the MLP Comics canon Just as I thought since the beginning, it follows Star Trek and (former) Star Wars logic of Canon tiers. (a.k.a The Show is A level Canon and takes priority over everything below it, Comics are B Level and takes priority over everything below it and everything else is C Level) This of course will not stop the endless cries of people who don't like the comic or don't want to bother reading them sadly.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I am really starting to love the current storyline in the comics! Good Sombra is awesome! And the elements represented in the stained glass windows were hilarious!

Flim and Flam - Fairness
Trixie - Humility
Derpy - Wisdom
Queen Chrysalis - Love

Its going to be fun exploring this and it is a bit of a tear jerker that Celestia is in love with the good Sombra.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:I am really starting to love the current storyline in the comics! Good Sombra is awesome! And the elements represented in the stained glass windows were hilarious!

Flim and Flam - Fairness
Trixie - Humility
Derpy - Wisdom
Queen Chrysalis - Love

Its going to be fun exploring this and it is a bit of a tear jerker that Celestia is in love with the good Sombra.
I really hope we run into at least some of them,I would like to see Chrysalis and Alicorn Trixie at the very least. (Derpy would be nice but I don't see that happening) I just really hope they can explain why Good Sombra is still alive after all this time, why Evil Sombra getting exploded didn't effect him yet Luna is also effected by damage to Evil Luna.
Radio Blue Heart

IceKitsune wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:I am really starting to love the current storyline in the comics! Good Sombra is awesome! And the elements represented in the stained glass windows were hilarious!

Flim and Flam - Fairness
Trixie - Humility
Derpy - Wisdom
Queen Chrysalis - Love

I really hope we run into at least some of them,I would like to see Chrysalis and Alicorn Trixie at the very least. (Derpy would be nice but I don't see that happening) I just really hope they can explain why Good Sombra is still alive after all this time, why Evil Sombra getting exploded didn't effect him yet Luna is also effected by damage to Evil Luna.
Celestia said that she and Luna were experiencing their doubles' pain because the gate was open. I guess if it had been open when evil Sombra died then good Sombra would have died too.
-Virgil
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Oh good point I forgot that. Though still the question is how in the world is he even still alive though. Celestia first met him over a thousand years ago. Time seems to pass the same in both given that the Mane 6 have counterparts.
Radio Blue Heart

IceKitsune wrote:Oh good point I forgot that. Though still the question is how in the world is he even still alive though. Celestia first met him over a thousand years ago. Time seems to pass the same in both given that the Mane 6 have counterparts.

Maybe its because Sombra was not any ordinary unicorn pony. Obviously he had powers far beyond any other. Or perhaps its like that Jet Li movie "The One". When an alternate dimension version of one dies, his energy is dispersed to the other versions of him.
-Virgil
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I thought this week's ep was pretty good. Sure they could have made it into a two parter, but I'm happy with what we got. Now let's see how polarizing next week's finale will be.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

This episode was ok there were things I really liked about it, mostly seeing the other flags, the unicorn disabling spell thing and the Ice Arrows. (couldn't help but think of Zelda right off the bat there.) Twilight was cute in the beginning not knowing where to go and still bowing to Celestia, I did think that Spikes full title was a bit silly and it was nice to see what we did of the games but there really should have been more of that IMO. So I agree with Foxstar it should have been a two parter.Other then that it was an ok episode, I really kind of dislike this kind of plot, because it just makes me feel nothing but embarrassed for the character its happening for and it makes it kind of hard to watch; but it made sense for Spike. 6/10 for me. If i completely got rid of my feelings about the type of plot it did 7.5/10

Also OMG Finale Trailer is up. The villain is Tirek from G1! I'm calling it again right now, Twilights Kingdom will be known as Pony Land. This thing looks amazing!

Edit: Also I have to say it there is a part in the Trailer that kind of makes it look like Twilights Kingdom will be ruled by all six of them. Likely with Twilight as the leader and the other six as a console. (look at the part were they are all standing in the big white pillar of light, it looks to me and a few others like there are six thrones there on the outside.) personally I hope this is what happens it would be really freaking cool!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

IceKitsune wrote:I really kind of dislike this kind of plot, because it just makes me feel nothing but embarrassed for the character its happening for and it makes it kind of hard to watch
I only cringed at the "cloudsdale anthem" part. The torch lighting part just had me thinking that for something this important, they should have had a backup plan. What if he had gotten hurt on the way to the torch and couldn't light it, would they have had to wait for someone to get a match before lighting it?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

After watching a few reviews of this episode here's what I would have liked done with it if I had been the show runner. I would have had the episode be a two parter and the finale to season 4; then had the season 4 finale that we are getting combined with the season 5 opener and presented as a TV movie shown in between the two seasons. Given the way that the season finale is going to go (lets face it this is obvious by now even if you ignore spoilers) with Twilight getting her Kingdom in the endthere is no way this is not getting more explored in the season 5 opener so it would likely be pretty easy to combined them. This way we get a non-EQG movie and more exploration of the Equestria Games them selves, which had been built up for 2 seasons by now. I think that would have made it a much better episode over all.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

An interesting thing about this episode is older viewers are more likely to be able to relate to it than the target audience. Fear of failure tends not to manifest nearly as strongly at such a young age.

I thought it was pretty good. They handled competition realistically, too, which I liked. The security was a good touch. Little stuff like that makes fictional worlds feel more real.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

On another note, I was seriously hoping the crowd would help Spike out during the anthem, singing the real words over him. sort of like this
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I would have preferred him singing like this.

No, I don't pass up opportunities to link this.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

The sad thing is that some people actually sing the anthem like that.

But back on the MLP side of things, when Spike was about to sing the anthem, I just had to pause it and leave for like, 20 minuets. I was just going to have a meltdown of laughs with the butchery I knew was coming up, and I just couldn't take it.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

You know a lot of people complained that Celestia and Luna didn't try to help get rid of the ice cloud thing which I think is silly because you have to ignore that their magic was disabled and stuff like that. However it turns out that every one of them was wrong. In the scene with all the Pegasi flying to get to the ice block both Celestia and Luna are shown flying along side them just on the edge of the shot for a few seconds. So much for Royalty that does nothing. :P

I'm sorry I felt like I needed to point that out, I know no one here was saying stuff like that but it was something quick that I bet everyone here missed, I know I did. Also as I've said before that whole mentality about the Princesses (it happens a lot more with Celestia then Luna) really annoys me a lot.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: I only cringed at the "cloudsdale anthem" part.
Ah, yes. That face palming inducing of an anthem Spike did. I was surprised Spike wasn't laughed at.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Season 4 Finale Song Clip This already sounds really good. I just hope that wasn't the whole song or there is a extended version of it.

Edit: Villain Teaser Lord Tirek confirmed. According to the Twitter Q&A there are cameos coming as well, if they are G4 only I'm going with obviously Trixie, Gilda, The Key Givers and Derpy. However given the way this is going I'm gonna go with either Villains The Smooze,The Witches and Grogar for sure, Heroes Megan,Molly and Danny, or G1 Ponies of which there are too many to name.

Edit 2: Season 5 coming 2015 Whelp we have an idea when Season 5 is going to come around. I'm hoping its early 2015
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It could theoretically start late 2015. Season 4 was announced for early 2014 but started barely before.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

26 episodes confirmed for Season 5 YAY! Full season again! Hopefully they will do another season long arc.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Does this even really count as an arc? It's just little reminders of a plot point from the first episode that we are to assume will be resolved with the last.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well its as close to an arc in this show we are likely to ever get anyway.
Radio Blue Heart

Time for some random amusing fan art.

Species swap.

and Flutterbat has given us chance for goth Fluttershy!

-Virgil
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Rainbow Rocks Player Piano The Rarity short is up. This one is pretty silly but I like it.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Very pleased at the finale. It had everything people could want, save for the IMHO unreasonable demand that Derpy speak.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

That episode was AMAZING! That DBZ style Fight, that Castle, the Key giver cameos, all of Derpys cameos, the references to past episodes and G1, Scorpan's mention, Him befriending Starswirl. Those songs, they were all great especially the first one.There is just far to much to mention, everything about that finale was amazing. I seriously believe that this two parter is one of the best of the series; easily taking a place in my top five over all episode for sure most likely top 3. 10/10 about as flawless as you can get for this show. (not perfect just as close as I think they have gotten so far and might ever get.)

Also something else I think I should mention: The power of all 4 Alicorns, used by an inexperienced Alicorn Twilight I might add, combined is as strong as all (or basically all) the pony magic in Equestria plus Discords Magic. If that doesn't prove how strong each of the Princesses individually are to people nothing will. (If you couldn't tell by now I don't really like people underselling the Princesses, any of them.)
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

oh my god
this episode was amazing
honestly yeah
way too much to talk about it
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That was so good. I was pretty blown away at Twilight's and Tirek's fight scene. In fact, it was so awesome that it contributes to one of my two complaints: That the "big finish" was yet another friendship laser. A tacky '80s friendship laser. Twilight was doing stuff like that and you finish the villain just like you did in seasons 1 and 2? Ugh.

My other complaint was that they keep bringing up Star Swirl. When he was first mentioned he was supposed to be an obscure historical figure, only really known to academics. It seems like now any time the plot requires a famous person from history, they automatically go for Star Swirl. It's a small complaint but it still irks me.
Radio Blue Heart

A new trailer has been released for "Fall of the Empire"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbnYm1C-eyM

They are going to premiere the completed film on the 24th!
-Virgil
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Yeah that does look really good, animation seems a bit choppy though IMO.

Also one thing I have been wondering with Twilight getting her own castle; does that mean that Ponyville and the surrounding area are now a city state/kingdom like the Crystal Empire or is it not considered a separate thing? I would think that Ponyville and likely the surrounding area (Everfree forest and what have you) would be a City State now much like Vatican City, Singapore, Monaco and the like.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Preview for Comic #19 I love how the comic just outright states thatEvil Celestia tortured Good Celestia. Never expected it to go that dark.
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

This aughta be interesting...
I opened up to page 5 in a local newspaper and came across an article about how the show has a huge male fanbase and how unusual it is.
Heh. The news media talking about it has been a long time coming, let me tell you. :P
Well actually it's talking about a documentary on National Geographic called "Outsiders".
It'll be 10pm next Friday night.
The exciting thing is it's doing a group of bronies from my home town of Manechester, England. :mrgreen:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Anyone you know?

Also, fun fact: Shortly into Season 5, MLP:FiM will take over the original Transformers as Hasbro's longest-running series.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sleet wrote:Anyone you know?

Also, fun fact: Shortly into Season 5, MLP:FiM will take over the original Transformers as Hasbro's longest-running series.
At the end of season 5 we will beat out Doug, by one episode, and be below Total Drama and Futurama (if you don't count the movies being split up) by 3 and 7 episodes respectively. I'm pretty sure at least season 6 is in the bag so we will beat both of them for sure, even if you count the movies as being split into episodes for Futurama. (we would beat them by 3, assuming season 6 is another 26 episodes.)
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Not likely, but...possible. I shall have to watch and see.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

IceKitsune wrote:

At the end of season 5 we will beat out Doug, by one episode, and be below Total Drama and Futurama (if you don't count the movies being split up) by 3 and 7 episodes respectively. I'm pretty sure at least season 6 is in the bag so we will beat both of them for sure, even if you count the movies as being split into episodes for Futurama. (we would beat them by 3, assuming season 6 is another 26 episodes.)
And then eventually to take over Sazae-san!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I just finished the Zecora/Fluttershy FF comic. Pretty good, like most of the other FF comics really. I like Zecora a lot so that upped my enjoyment of it a bit. I seriously think that Zecora isn't used as much simply because she has to rhyme all the time which can get annoying to write. Her interrogation of the Animals and testing Fluttershy was really nice. They had another nice Star Trek: TNG reference in this one which I found really cool. The person who made the animals talk was predictable but Discords reasons were also very sweet.7.5/10 for me good but not the best.

Really for the Friends Forever series over all so far I would rank them like this:
Discord/CMC>SA/Twilight=Celestia/Spike=Fluttershy/Zecora>>Pinkie Pie/Applejack As you can see most of them tie with each other I can't really say if I like one over the other on most as they all have things I really really enjoyed a whole lot.
Radio Blue Heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL4q7BBzanI

"Fall of the Crystal Empire" has been released!

It is awesome!
-Virgil
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Yeah that was really cool :D