DT: Golden Plains [BETA]

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

JOFOXX

DT: Golden Plains [BETA]

Post by JOFOXX »

Ok, so this is a little RP KFC and I thought up. I wanted to post it here and get some opinions before I decide to officially open it or not.

------------------------

YOU ARE A SURVIVOR. The small community of Emerald Springs in the Golden Plains was the first of many to fall victim to "the incident".

The residents were rightfully suspicious when the government started conducting "Top Secret Opperations" in the deserted regions around their town, but the community's small populace had little to no power to speak out. After many months, then years of hearing experiencing no safety hazards from the opperations, the town turned a blind eye. The peace didn't last long.

After "the incident" Emerald Springs was the first town to be infected. The citizens became nervous when the government officials all but disappeared from the region. That nervousness turned to panic as many citizens began to grow ill. Humans and pets alike. The symptoms were always the same: Fever, followed by comatose, before death. That was only the beginning of there problems. After the illness becam an epidimic, the corpses began to rise from there graves, attacking and harassing the living. Now there are only a few of the citizens remaining. They know nothing of the conditions of the outside world, but they know they must escape. Meanwhile, the government is doing everything in its power to quarantine the infection in the Golden Plains and wipe out any evidence of its existence. Small K-9 agent teams have been sent to the site. There mission: get to the old labs and find the source of the epidimic.

So, will you take the role of a survivor, fighting your way through hordes of ghouls to find safety; or a government agent trying to eradicate the infection and all of its witnesses?

-House Rules-
-The slots for this RP are limited. 7 slots to start with. 3 agents and 4 survivors. There will be times where more are added, but these will coincide with the story.
-This RP is "fast". If you don't think you can keep up. Don't join. (See BsM and YsF for examples of post-rate.)
-IRC. USE IT. Just type "/join #GoldenPlains" into the chat.
-Watch this thread. If anything new is added or announced. It'll be here.
-Joining-
-Post in the Main OOC. THE DT ONE.
-Link it here.
-There are limited slots, so I need to know you will be faithful to the RP. That means: explain how often you'll be on, what your character could bring to the RP, etc.
-Pick an unused color for your characters quotes when you are excepted.
-Wait 24 hours to post unless stated otherwise by the GM or mod.
-Current Characters-
Agents:
-
-
-

Survivors:
-
-
-
-
---------------------

Anything you guys say is helpful. If you don't like it, say so. Don't think it's a good idea, tell me. I'm looking for any kind of criticism. If you're interested in joining, remember that there are only 7 slots.

Thanks!
CoffeeJunkie

Re: DT: Golden Plains [BETA]

Post by CoffeeJunkie »

Can I save myself a spot while I think of a character? I know I shouldnt post here but I reallyyyyyyyyyy wanna join
24 - Number of times my name has brought upon the saying "I like coffee!"
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

No. It's cool to post here actually. There's nowhere else atm.

I'll save you a spot for now, but it's not definite until I see your character.

P.S. Thanks for responding! :3

EDIT: Erm... Would you be making an Agent or Survivor?
CoffeeJunkie

Post by CoffeeJunkie »

Survivor... And do we use the same char sheet provided by your Yorkshire thingy? 'Cause if not I'd like to know
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Yeah. This is still Dark Tendencies.

Remember though. There's not a 100% chance that this RP will happen. Just thought I'd make sure you realized that.
CoffeeJunkie

Post by CoffeeJunkie »

I know but I just wanted to post a character because I made one for another forum with the same scenario
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

...Yeah...yeah that's real nice...

Cool idea JOFOXX. Good luck, I would like a spot.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
CoffeeJunkie

Post by CoffeeJunkie »

OK made my character, who is my favourite character I have ever made.

Rowly
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

I IS RESERVIN' A SPOT WHEN THIS COMES UP!!

*goes to make charactersheet*
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

Name: Agent Snowblind
Species: Cat (White Turkish Angora (http://www.cfa.org/breeds/slideshow/sli ... ngora.html))

Room: Golden Plains

-Appearance-
The exact opposite of what would be an effective color for long term survival, Agent “Snowblind” is pure white. Like, freshly bleached white linen. Which, you know, kinda stands out amid the rubble, the ashes, and the blood. On the upside of things, he wears a specially tailored black business suit with combat-Dress-shoes that magically cannot be scuffed, burnt, or scratched. They’re also very flexible for ease of movement and have special inserts that provide for comfort over long distances. His suit is specially made to be bulletproof (mostly), fireproof, and stain proof. Also, all his clothing is wrinkle-free and modified to be able to hold two hand guns, four grenades, 2 lbs of C4 with accessories (detonator, blasting cap, etc.), a hunting knife, and several sample vials in a crush and blast proof container. He also has a radio headset with solar charger attached to his left ear.

-Personality-
Snowblind is very goal oriented. Having served two years in Afghanistan as a Unit Pet (and having to take up arms more than once), he has a lot of front line combat experience that allows him to take command of a situation rapidly, as well as access honed instincts in the field of combat. Let’s not forget that he’s rather jaded and cynical about anything involving survival in the field of combat. He believes that any move he makes, he could die. In that case, he’d rather go out in a show of glory then die shivering in a foxhole. As such, he’s given to insane heroics and mentally deranged plans. Somehow, they’ve never failed and he’s survived each and every one relatively unscathed.

-Other Notes-
Snowblind was once named Jack Daniels, after the whiskey. The soldiers in his unit decided that only someone completely smashed on Jack Daniels could pull off the stuff that he did.

Favorites list:

Favorite artist – E.S. Posthumus
Favorite food – Chinese Takeout
Favorite activity – Coming up with insane schemes involving C4, a glass of orange juice, and a toaster.
Motto: “When we come around this corner, we’re probably going to die. Pray to whatever God you believe in that this does not happen.”

-SPECIAL-

Strength: 5
Perception: 7
Endurance: 6
Charisma: 4
Intelligence: 7
Agility: 6
Luck: 7

I'll put a copy in the Main OOC when this becomes active.
Last edited by FunkyChickenFace on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoffeeJunkie

Post by CoffeeJunkie »

Uh, Chicken? Isn't for every 1 human years it is 3.5 pet years? Then how is Snowblind 10 pet years and 35 human years... Or I might have it backwards...
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

CoffeeJunkie wrote:Uh, Chicken? Isn't for every 1 human years it is 3.5 pet years? Then how is Snowblind 10 pet years and 35 human years... Or I might have it backwards...
10 human years is 35 pet years... He just has it backwards.
CoffeeJunkie

Post by CoffeeJunkie »

Oh okay
rempar11

Post by rempar11 »

i'm gonna post it here and link it there

Name:Black Dust
Species: Dog-Alaskan Klee Kai-survivor

room: Golden Plains

-Appearance-
He wears a over coat.His main color is brown with spots of white and black.He wears a pair of red shades with a cross in the middle of the two glasses.When he gets out he a white pair of wings around his neck. he has 2 black gloves that he wears all the time

-Personality-
He used to be a normal house pet, until the infection came the more severe it became the more deeper he got.his real name is "Dust"
but his nickname is duster he became insane once they were coming from the dead.he wanted to end it but as well he is the worst shooter in his family but once his family died he became a marksman. Hes a loner and mostly works alone.

-Other Notes-
duster was put in a asylum when he became insane. He has two golden dessert eagles and he drives a black hummer

-SPECIAL-

Strength: 6
Perception: 7
Endurance: 7
Charisma: 4
Intelligence: 6
Agility: 7
Luck: 5
when it nonsense work try try again if that cant work hit it with a frying pan
"Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Just make sure this stays at the PG-13 rating.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Guys, I don't think it'd be a good idea to RP this here. We already had to resolve the problem with the old Yorkshire Fields because of concern over the forum rating, so maybe it'd be better if we just moved this too. :?
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

lawl. I saw this with a new post alert on it and I was like, "...Wut?"

Rempar, I don't know if you were aware of what transpired in DT: YsF, but I thought it was a given that this RP was not happening.

________
MODEDIT: Alright, if you guys aren't gonna do this here, then I'll be locking this. PM me if you want it unlocked if you're gonna do it.
-Buck