HPU?: Apollo City OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Roarin

Re: Pet Friendly?: Apollo City OOC

Post by Roarin »

Just out of curiosity, how tall is Hinata?
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hinata in anidroid form, is as tall as a german shepherd, which is way taller than a rabbit.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Huh. Cool. She'd tower over Kelly then. I thought she'd be closer to normal rabbit size. Makes sense though. All that extra metal of the mech form has to go somewhere when she transforms.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Waits.........

So who's going to respond to my post first, hyper or neon?
Though it's near the bottom of the last page so I understand if you didn't see it.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Did you want me to decide when Mr. Atlas arrives and send the alert, Neon, or are you going to have him turn up and then I send the alert?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Legotron123 wrote:Waits.........
Thats not just a triple dot... that's... a 3xTRIPLE DOT PAUSE!!!

Hlaoroo: I'll have him arrive, then you send the alert.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

What does the inside/outside of the theater look like?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

PottyBot! I love it! :lol:

The lobby:
Hlaoroo wrote:the double doors which unlike most doors in the city are old fashioned in appearance and must be manually opened and shut. Once through, she walks past a ticket desk and confectionery and refreshments stand and makes for a smaller, nondescript door in the wall, its smooth surface marred only by a small plaque denoting that this door was for "STAFF ONLY".
The "staff only" door is the only door in the back wall of the room. There's also door leading to bathrooms off one wall. You'll walk in with the ticket and confectionery counters to your right and the bathrooms to your left. Two staircases on either side of the room lead up from the centre of the wall to the floor above the lobby which contains the entrances to the balconies for each theatre. Between the bases of the staircases lie the doors to the ground floor of each auditorium/theatre. The place is thickly carpeted and there are chandeliers to light the room. Quite opulent.

Inside the auditorium/theatre which the show is held in tonight:
Hlaoroo wrote:At the top of the staircase she opens another no less impressive set of double doors and gestures for Hinata to enter. The two droids step out onto the balcony which overlooks the auditorium. Row after row of red velvet chairs line the sloped floor of both the balcony and the huge auditorium below, their seats folded up to show off the numbers embossed on brass plates affixed to the front of each seat. A giant chandelier hangs from the roof, its myriad crystals in their gilded mounts refracting and reflecting the light so that it fills the whole whole room. Delicate carvings adorn the walls and cleverly conceal the sound system as well as a some lights and a couple of private boxes look grandly over the whole scene. Below and in front of the droids at the opposite end of the cavernous room lies the stage. The sheer scale of it is mind-boggling. The dark floor of the stage seems to flow from under the expansive curtain like a river from under a waterfall before it drops off into the rounded orchestra pit. The curtain itself is dark red velour and is lowered, completely masking the set from sight. The proscenium arch is also lavishly decorated with carvings, scroll-work and is formed from dark timber. The whole effect is humbling yet pleasing to the eye.
The outside of the building:
It's basically a large rectangle from the front where it faces the car park. Wide double doors are in the centre at the top of a short staircase. There's an elevator on each side of the staircase which opens onto the landing outside the building and on a balcony protruding from the floor above for those with restricted mobility. Between the giant pillars of the elevators stretches a sign on which "Doyle Theatre Co. Ltd." is emblazoned. Above the lobby, a set of glass double doors allows those in the upstairs room to look out over the car park and allows the light and mobility restricted access to upstairs. Although the interior of the building is old-fashioned, the exterior is ultra-modern and pleasing to the eye. It's decorated with panels of differing sizes and colours to break up the eye-line and so that the façade doesn't appear so imposing. False plants are placed in a decorative garden running along the base of the building arranged so that smaller plants are in close to the stairs and larger plants are towards the ends of the building. There is are also two fire exit doors and a fire exit staircase about halfway between the main staircase and the ends of the building but the panelling of the building is done such that the infrastructure blends into the rest of the building.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Hmmmmmmm.................

I'm thinking James Noah and gionni have a balcony seat, is that okay?

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sure! Only the best seat in the house for the critic and his friends! ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I want to get all of the characters into 1 row so we can wrap up the day. Just get Lewis and co. to find Orion so they can sit together.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Lewis? Why do I not know that character?
Also, JD did tell Orion that he had a private box ready for Mr. Atlas and co. but I can edit that post if you want.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Sorry, Lewis is Lego's other character in pokepets :p
We could have Orion sit with Noah and co.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ah. I didn't think I'd heard him here. XP

We can certainly do it that way if you want though. You're the GM so it's up to you.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Don't worry neon. I've made that mistake too.

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Potty-bot wrote:Hello! And Welcome to the bathroom! Your favorite way to stop when you have to go!
Solving the the world's #1 (& 2) bathroom problem one flush at a time!
[Not for the overly self-conscious]
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Thats awesome! XD

Alright, well here's some business that I need you guys' vote on.
I'm thinking about switching the AC stat system over to the standard SPECIAL system.
What do you guys think?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Would you be changing the maximum allowable points too or just the stat system?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Oh? Well, I guess that would make things simpler to comprehend, especially when deciding whether your characters' actions would get through or not.

Anyway, again, apologies for not posting for a bit, I'm busy with exams till yesterday, and I'm a little lost as to how to proceed onwards. I'll post by tonight (US time) by the latest, I have to restudy Ashe's character sheet.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Considering that even I broke the maximum allowed points before, yes. I'll be switching it to the standard 42 points.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Anybody have any ideas on what to do with Caeruleus?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Have him hack Potty-bot 9000! XD
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I think they'll allow him into the show without having a ticket, small as he is.

He could make observations about the members of the crowd or the theatre, anything like that. Is he still in John's pocket? He could ask to be transferred to the shoulder or something so he can see what's happening.

Now that Mr. Atlas has arrived, JD will show him in, make a speech, cut a giant ribbon and then invite everyone to continue enjoying the refreshments. After double checking with his droids, a bell will sounds to let everyone know that it's time to enter the theatre. After that, the show. That'll all be in one or two posts, up to the start of the show. Probably two, I think.

By the way, is his name Mr. Atlas or Mr. Orion, Neon? You put Mr. Orion in that post but I wasn't sure since I thought Orion was the dog...
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Robin Atlas is Orion Atlas' owner. Sadly he wasn't able to make it because of work :/
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Aw. Oh well.
Thanks for clarifying that though.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

... okay, the thing was going too fast for me, I'm kinda stumped on how to summarize everything that happened and picking back up to speed. Just kill me why don't you? /OTL

On a more serious note, I'll probably take some time to come up with a coherent post, so.. yeah.

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sorry, Kuro. I tried to rush a little to finish the day for Neon.

To sum up:
Caeruleus fell out of John's pocket, JD and Orion officially opened the theatre, the bell rang and everyone is taking their seats.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

We can slow it down, I was just saying that this was going to be how we'll end the day. No need to rush ^w^
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Oh, sorry. My bad. I misinterpreted you.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Oh, its fine. No harm done! ^w^
My suggestion for kuro is to grab some snacks. Ashe must be hungry. Also, Lego. You forgot to have Noah bump into Orion so the dog could sit with them...
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I thought Orion was going to meat them up there. As in, the seat he has is next to their seat.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

JD got Orion a box seat (or something) for the guys he showed up with. I think Noah should run into them so they can join you.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Okay, I think I covered all bases with the last post. Took me like 2 hours, I think?
Hopefully Hypernovatic, Esper and Roarin can delve in with their characters as well. Oh, and Rosie too :3

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Orion could always spot Noah and the others heading in and ask one of the droids to send them along to his box.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Is his box on ground level or the 2nd floor?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Oh, the boxes are never on the ground floor with the commoners! They're up along from the balcony.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Okie Dokey!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

What's a box seat? And how is it different from a balcony seat?

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Being in the box is essentially being in your own private balcony. You'll still be able to see those in the main balcony due to the curve of the theatre but you are separated from "the commoners" by a solid wall.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Is the box seat usually up high?
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT