No
25%
Yes
75%

Total votes: 348

rollingWolf

Re: Are You A Furry?

Post by rollingWolf »

On the topic of "furry" movies. How I wish that Mouse Guard was made into one, with the same animation style like in "Legend of the Guardians". The author has hinted that he want it too. If this was a hint that discussions are underway or not I leave unsaid.
¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı ¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Moving back towards the intended purpose of this topic, here is my fursona, Furrhan Blackwood, drawn by Hukley and now my avatar too:
Attachments
Furrhan Backwood smaller.jpg
Furrhan Backwood smaller.jpg (96.65 KiB) Viewed 17151 times
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

aBritishfox

Post by aBritishfox »

My Fursona is a forest fox called Isaac Foxen Euchre Furosa, yes it sounds posh, but no. Anyway he (I.E me) has a corny sense of humour and tends to pull them when ever possible, even if it's at an inapropriate time such as a person falling he'd make a pun out of it. Isaac is the avatar for me, even thought it's been nicknamed "Britshad" by a few users due to him looking (same with corny jokes) slightly like the fox himself, Karishad.
Did you know my friends call me "The Great Pontificator"! Or was it "The Great Time Waster"?

twitter: https://twitter.com/aBritishfox

Sometimes, being a Sentient Inflatable means air is the only answer for true happiness
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Hey Roo, that's a great one. Like it! Hukley, what a wonderful art. :D

What does he do you have hanging aroung his your neck.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I didn't think we were getting too off topic. It just seems that every so often something that could be considered furry creeps into the mainstream. Who knows, maybe hipsters will start wearing clip on tails and say they were doing it before it was cool.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
rollingWolf

Post by rollingWolf »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:I didn't think we were getting too off topic. It just seems that every so often something that could be considered furry creeps into the mainstream. Who knows, maybe hipsters will start wearing clip on tails and say they were doing it before it was cool.
That happens already.
¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı ¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Render wrote:Hey Roo, that's a great one. Like it! Hukley, what a wonderful art. :D

Thanks!
He's/I'm wearing a necklace/medallion carved from Blackwood (Acacia melanxoylon) with the symbol for veterinary medicine (veterinary caduceus/rod of Asclepis) superimposed over a frond of bracken fern carved into it.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Hlaoroo wrote:
Render wrote:Hey Roo, that's a great one. Like it! Hukley, what a wonderful art. :D

Thanks!
He's/I'm wearing a necklace/medallion carved from Blackwood (Acacia melanxoylon) with the symbol for veterinary medicine (veterinary caduceus/rod of Asclepis) superimposed over a frond of bracken fern carved into it.
Fancy Schmancy!
Naw but seriously i don't know if I've said this to u already Roo (probably have), but that DOES look awesome :P

Mine's gettin worked on now too! (Roo Knew, just tellin All y'all, and Jrod you're still on soon, just got a few more things to finish...)

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
aBritishfox

Post by aBritishfox »

RatHead wrote:Mine's gettin worked on now too! (Roo Knew, just tellin All y'all, and Jrod you're still on soon, just got a few more things to finish...)

Someone is doing a piece of work for my fursona, when he completes it, I would like to share
Did you know my friends call me "The Great Pontificator"! Or was it "The Great Time Waster"?

Sometimes, being a Sentient Inflatable means air is the only answer for true happiness
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

I still don't have a fursona, not sure which animal fits me best or which I like best...
Radio Blue Heart wrote:Who knows, maybe hipsters will start wearing clip on tails and say they were doing it before it was cool.
I dunno, I think it might be kinda difficult riding a bicycle while wearing one.
Panda Panda Panda
aBritishfox

Post by aBritishfox »

Punchy wrote:I still don't have a fursona, not sure which animal fits me best or which I like best...
Radio Blue Heart wrote:Who knows, maybe hipsters will start wearing clip on tails and say they were doing it before it was cool.
I dunno, I think it might be kinda difficult riding a bicycle while wearing one.
It's easy for me, only because I tuck mine is slightly.

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hot Topic did sell tails briefly. So it's not entirely out of the possibility. Not like Hot Topic is a hipster store, but they both thrive on things being almost-popular.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

aBritishfox wrote:
RatHead wrote:Mine's gettin worked on now too! (Roo Knew, just tellin All y'all, and Jrod you're still on soon, just got a few more things to finish...)
Someone is doing a piece of work for my fursona, when he completes it, I would like to share
When will it be dun? and who's doin it? (curious kitty :3)
Punchy wrote:I still don't have a fursona, not sure which animal fits me best or which I like best...
Well, for someone like me who mountian bikes, i wouldn't wear one on a bike most of the time, but i would think that you would just tie it to you with a string hid under your shirt so'se it stays up...

Also, mine is a TLK lion/ Tom Cat mix (yes from T&J) (with my own style) soo, just do whatever! start with any animal you like (again i used TV that I liked) and customize or build your very own character!
aBritishfox wrote:
It's easy for me, only because I tuck mine is slightly.
I'd like to see a pic of that (seriously, i would; my curiosity is sky high right now, and i don't wanna make fun of you, just see how it looks)
Sleet wrote:Hot Topic did sell tails briefly. So it's not entirely out of the possibility. Not like Hot Topic is a hipster store, but they both thrive on things being almost-popular.
Ya know I have NEVER been in a Hot Topic store ever before...

Also that'd be REALLY interesting to see I think
"OK i've got some shirts, pants, and shoes; now I just need [to get] a tail..."
:lol:

HP! Messenger
aBritishfox

Post by aBritishfox »

Now you make me wish I brought my camera to the comic con last year, there was a table that sold a lot of tails, a few furries in fursuits were at the table. IT WAS AWESOME!

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hot Topic is actually where I bought my first tail. It's just a red fox tail, but it's nice and reasonably-sized so it can be worn outside of furry events and not look entirely out-of-place.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

I'm actually a bit scared of getting a fursuit or ears/tail, cause there's still that part of me that thinks it's weird and would be "ebarassing", I don't know why

My FURSONA!!!!

Huk Did AWESOME!!! (i nixed the lightning on the forearms and he STILL looks awesome!)

HP! Messenger
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Cool Ratty. Didn't know about the red ears before, nice!

Hukley, great work again. I love your style!

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Render wrote:Hukley, great work again. I love your style!
Thank you, Render! :D
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Render wrote:Cool Ratty. Didn't know about the red ears before, nice!
THANKS!!!!!!!!

You didn't? Huh. Well yeah I wanted a dark-ish (between a regular red and a burgundy) red design goin from around his ears(his ears are the red of the note), down the side of his face (i.e. sideburns, so a bit thicker stem), and on his chin (bottom part, both sides of his face, not connected) that kind of looks like an 8th note in music
with the "flag" on the other side, and flowing downwards; following the bottom of the chin and goin down to each side of the throat/neck, again in red. (if he was a real alive anthro lion, there would probably be 1-1 3/4 inches between the tips of the ends)

And Huk got it! (i couldn't quite see it in my head perfectly, but he did AWESOME figuring it out :) )
Render wrote:Hukley, great work again. I love your style!
Indeed!, Thanks again Hukley!~

HP! Messenger
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Saw someone on the underground who wore ears and a tail, and the best part was everyone was too busy to notice! I almost highfived her across the escalators. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That is so cool! Hukley's done an amazing job yet again!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Saw someone on the underground who wore ears and a tail, and the best part was everyone was too busy to notice! I almost highfived her across the escalators. :lol:
I Would've! :lol:
Hlaoroo wrote:That is so cool! Hukley's done an amazing job yet again!
THANKS!!!!! I absolutly LOVE it! and Yes he has!!!

HP! Messenger
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

RatHead wrote:I'm actually a bit scared of getting a fursuit or ears/tail, cause there's still that part of me that thinks it's weird and would be "ebarassing", I don't know why
I wouldn't want a fursuit, but I think a tail or a hoodie with ears would be cool.
Panda Panda Panda
69eist

Post by 69eist »

*retracted*
Last edited by 69eist on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Punchy wrote:
RatHead wrote:I'm actually a bit scared of getting a fursuit or ears/tail, cause there's still that part of me that thinks it's weird and would be "ebarassing", I don't know why
I wouldn't want a fursuit, but I think a tail or a hoodie with ears would be cool.
something like THAT (the hoodie, or a madbomber with ears) I would get for sure...infact, I saw a buy wearin an interesting hat recently, he probably wasn't a fur, but it was still a cool hat, and I told him this!

...Ya know, I also have a pair of "furry" weekend pants, and a TCat shirt...

HP! Messenger
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's not like you wear furry accessories everywhere. Ya gotta have the right places to wear 'em if you decide to buy 'em.
69eist wrote:Is it hard getting into the community?
What community?
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Sleet wrote:It's not like you wear furry accessories everywhere.
Well Yeah, I know, but i mean wearin em outside AT ALL even near cons... which I'm also apprehensive of going to... (although doin somethin like these furs are doin looks fun :twisted: http://youtu.be/1812GqHJCNI?t=1m38s)
for the lifw of me sir i do not know what you are speaking of.

HP! Messenger
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

You mean the furry fandom communities? If yes, there's nothing hard to do to get in it. Depends by your time dedication in forums and groups which talk about furry, doing actively the own part with propositions and opinions. The drawing skills are important as way to show yourself into making furry art, starting with make and show your fursona, your identity in it. Alternatively, successively someone could do you the favor to draw your fursona idea. Fursuiting and real life dedication outside the Internet are optional, essentially they depend on how much addicted and passionate you get in doing what you like. Of course this is what I think.
Sleet wrote:It's not like you wear furry accessories everywhere. Ya gotta have the right places to wear 'em if you decide to buy 'em.
Right, like all kinds of costumes and related accessories, they're normally made to be used in particular occasions. For first, the apposite conventions organized not everywhere, then, also carnivals, the perfect way to choose if you want to show youself in a fursuit here in Italy, I would say. :P
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

My fursona Hyper drawn by Hukley!
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

VERY cool! Nice Job Huxley and really cool Fursona Hyper!

HP! Messenger
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Keep in mind we got an art thread in Media Median, you guys!
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Yeah but this is fiurry art relating to (i.e.being) our fursonas, so I think it not only fits perfectly, but fits BETTER here!

HP! Messenger
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Oh the amazing Hukley strikes again. It's good that you have a buffer for your comic. :D

Hey Hyper, you're looking good. A cool guy as Ratty already said.
Are you still made of sand? :lol:

Image Image
ImageImageImage
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Render wrote:Oh the amazing Hukley strikes again. It's good that you have a buffer for your comic. :D

Hey Hyper, you're looking good. A cool guy as Ratty already said.
Are you still made of sand? :lol:
Hopefully not, as he would not only dissolve into that sand around him, but being a cat (i think?) he would have to use himself as a litterbox

(sorry i had to.)

HP! Messenger
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Oh.

That's a surprising amount of fur.
Just an Arc
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Indeed. Are you furry, Arc?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

I'm not, no.

I do enjoy some Star Fox, though.

Pew pew pew.
Just an Arc
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

Yeah, I'm not sure if I am furry either. ;)
Fun-loving by birth, Honorable through upbringing, Brave by necessity.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I dunno you seem pretty confident you aren't!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

tychoaussie wrote:Yeah, I'm not sure if I am furry either. ;)
Are you a fan of anthropomorphized animal characters?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!