Housepets Presents: Litters Gone Wild

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

GameCobra

Housepets Presents: Litters Gone Wild

Post by GameCobra »

Hello, all! GameCobra here with a fic in mind for this year!

I been meaning to do this for quite sometime now and I believe I have finally gotten sometime to do at least one of the chapters for this fic for now and plan on finishing this fic sometime this year for a total of 5 chapters. For now, though, I figured I share in the excitement of this fic and post the first Chapter for it now as I build the anticipation for the other 4 sometime this year. I hope you guys enjoy it :)

without further ado: I present to you ~ Litters Gone Wild.

Chapter 1 - "Imaginate the children!"

Time: 10:00 AM
Temperatures: Sunny all day.

Tales of treasure, blood and plunder are spilt on this garden everyday as the years went by. The once peaceful background of an innocent family comprised of a husband, wife and their pet dog and cat have gone beyond what they could have predicted and have been set forth by life's unseen predicament. The universe cringes on what goes on here on a daily basis and it's a wonder if anyone would ever put a stop to it. I think the universe is showing signs of 'please let these pets stop embarassing the universe for once? We could really use the normal'.

"Man the optic cannons, kiddo. Them sun rays aren't going to last twenty four seven and the cloaked enemy is somewhere around here." Says the captain on our 'ship'. Before we get into the details of the game we are playing, our captain tells us the specs of this ship of ours and we are suppose to be on par with a battleship that could destroy an entire fleet. It's not everyday you man a ship with cannons that can shoot the power of the sun out of it that can melt ships on the sea, but who am i to argue? We're on a lawn. We're suppose to be seeking out the enemy ship, which we already hit four times already thanks to their captain's carelessness. the notion that our captain is both awesome and embarassing. up until now they have been embarassing enough to hide myself in my box all day and forget about being related to the captain of this ship.

However... she is the most experienced. Those four shots we got off on the enemy were not just fluke shots. Their captain tried to outgun us out in the open with his volley and mortar-like fire, but didn't count on us relying on the wind to knock his shots out of the air. When using beach balls for shots outside, you can't rely on them being accurate. It made me glee everytime I saw the shots suddenly veer off in another direction entirely.

"Captain." Says the soft spoken and neatly groomed white pomerian with one of those egyptian-like veils on her collar. "Yes, Officer Cornerius?"
Before speaking, the Pomerian crosses her arms behind her back and stands firm while looking at the captain. "Our information indicate the enemy maybe waiting for us inside the human zone. I suggest we chase them in there and head for the human zone's main planet"

The captain speaks in a shocked tone. To me, getting shocked over this just wanted me to facepalm at this point. Who gets shocked over this kind of information? To me, the only enjoyment I was getting is there might actually be a battle for once.

"You don't mean..."
"Yes, Captain. I'm talking about the human home planet."

'Cornerius' points inside the house. the back door had a clear opening to the living room, and from here, that finger of hers was clearly pointing towards the couch.

"Planet Earth..." Says the captain, Her glare now being serious all of a sudden. "He wants to have a showdown? We'll give him one."

Even though this was all a play from something you would only see in a Star Trek film, Cornerius was eating it right up. Of course, Cornerius is the name given to her through this whole act we're doing. Although you couldn't tell with the look she was giving off: the attentive stare, the hands behind the back and the still march, this is about as expressionate these days that 'Cornerius' can give into this act. I've known her since childhood and she has always been a ball to play with. I just didn't like how she always was dead-on hogged to the parents, always doing what they tell her to do and be polite and courtious in every form. I don't mind that kind of dedication, but I just feel for a personal level that Coronya ~ I mean, Cornerius, might end up growing up to be strict. She has so much potential and I enjoy playing with her.

As we move into the kitchen, the 'ship' that the three of us were using was moved towards the counter by the fridge. A neat place for cover, I might add. Now for the fun part: Yes, we are literally using a battleship as a ship to move from one room to another. That is, from the boardgame. According to the rules setup by our parents, the game was simple: Only the captains can move the pieces around, and you throw stuff at it as a cheesy attempt to sink it. 5 hits on your ship and it's game over. Of course, to prevent cheating, you can't shoot the pieces if the captain is holding the game piece. only after they lay it down does it count.

When i first heard the rules of this game, i admit these sounded awesome. For me, the fun of knocking over the other team's battleship was extremely amusing. I was thinking couch wars, homemade boats, floatation devices in a pool, but... battleship pieces? Parents playing with us? This is the kind of thing that bothered me. Our parents are playing with us...

"No sign of them in the kitchen" Says our trusty scout. "Perfect. It looks like we are going to meet glory in the living room. Prepare the ammunition!"
"That be the beach balls and the expendable crew... of light?"
"We're giving them the chance for glorious combat, Number 52! We must not miss this chance!"

subsiding my curiosity for the number given to Cornerius, we moved onto the living room. while moving around, we collectively agreed to put the battleship in the next location that would be hard to hit ~ the lightswitch.

"You know the plan, team." she says as we began sweeping the room for the other team's battleship. What bothered me about this whole plan is that we were relying on our captain's instincts that the enemy team is waiting for us in this room. Although I should note that both Captains have known each other since...well... birth, i believe. I never bothered to ask our Captain how long she has known their Captain, but considering they live in the same family, it's pretty obvious that they have known each other since forever. As I think about the relation between the two of them more, I start to recall about one of the reasons I respected them so much.

My thoughts trailed off though for a moment as I recall that the game wasn't over. As much as I was enjoying the competition between us and how we were winning, searching for their battleship was the whole point of all of this. I remember while searching the room that I couldn't look up high enough like the captain could as she scanned the room, but when I looked at the book shelf, something caught my attention for a moment. I began thinking "What if they hid the ship behind the books so we wouldn't knock over anything? Would their captain do that?"

Just as i began figuring something, our captain suddenly began pointing underneath the couch.
That small couch opening? The one your fingers can't reach under?

As i took a peak, I suddenly looked under... and sure enough, the captain was right. Lo and behold ~ The enemy battleship was sitting there, vulnerable... but we couldn't hit it with anything. the underneath of the couch was standing on about 5 centimeters off the floor with it's legs. They had to have lift it to hide it in there when we wern't in the room. It's a clever tactic, i admit. The captains agreed earlier that as long as it can be shot at, it counted. The only question is ~ with what?

"Man the torpedoes, First Officer Raspberry." the Captain said to me. She smiled as she suddenly pointed towards something that I could never identify at first. "Dad lets us use his Rolling Stones 'Paint It Black' one when we need to play with it since it's ruined."

As i chuckled at the idea of using it, a bouncing noise was heard and sure enough, the lights went out. It was then we realized: our ship was hit. We heard the piece hit the floor, and as soon as that was heard; Our Captain suddenly jumps into the air and lands her back on the floor, complete with an 'oof!' sound followed after; acting like she was inside the ship. Cornerius was behind the couch, but you could tell she did the same thing as well. Except she sounded more agitated and shocked as she hit the floor as opposed to our captain, who acted more like she was in a state of disbelief and... serious? That was what bothered me at the timet. She acted so serious about it...

"I do believe... I do believe we were hit." She says calmly, looking at me in the dark with a smile on her face.
"Where did they come from?"
"I don't know... but we got this. Just one shot is all we need and it's over. I 'll let you do the honors."

Before I could question it, she suddenly looks over the couch. "I want to see where that crazy mutt fired from."

Without question, I went and jumped up on the shelf and picked up the record disc and landed on my feet towards the couch, but then i saw something funny happening: I saw folded up dark socks being fired towards the light switch from the air, but what was funny was the direction they were coming from... not worrying about it anymore, i take the record cd and slide it under the couch like a hockey puck on ice underneath the couch.

The ship comes out of the other end of the couch and into the kitchen, with the piece visibly seen by everyone, along with the sound of it dancing across it lightly like a penny on a table.

"Ack!" We heard, coming from the corner of the room. the captain goes over and turns the light on and ~ sure enough, we find the culprit.

"I didn't think it was you." She says, picking up one of the black socks folded up. It was then you could see him in full view, playing dead, holding his chest with one hand and a tongue hung out. This black cat had a paper bag on his head with the symbol of a cannon. It then dawned on me when i saw it. Although he was dressed up like this earlier, we assumed he was the captain's weapons expert, but he might've actually, literally been the cannon to their ship. In order to make the game rules more interesting, we only decided what the captains could be... not the other players. I didn't think my own dad would literally be a cannon. It was just funny thinking about it. I always pictured him as tough as one, but I never got to actually see him in action yet. Maybe someday...

The captain pulls him up and chuckles as he takes the bag off of his head. You could clearly see the grin on his face as if he just had the satisfactory of winning, despite us being the winners. "Did Peanut put you up to this, I wonder?" The captain says, with the black cat waving his finger infront of the captain.
"Well, the battleship under the couch was his idea. The cannon from the corner of the room was mine."

"Uh-huh..." She says, looking obviously unconvinced. "So where did he go hide in the meantime?"

Now this was a golden moment. The moment she said these words, you could tell just like I did that there was anticipation in the air. A moment of justice that needed to be done here. At the time of writing this story, I can never properly put into words about one of the things I enjoyed the most about playing with my parents. The reason being entirely in the satisfaction that was about to happen to my dear mother.

Yes, the captain of our crew was indeed my mom. Full name: Grape Jelly Sandwich. If there was a thing about my mother I believed everyone had about her it was not just because she was a sure shooter ~ She just commanded respect. I was still young, i might add, but everytime she did something, the aloof attention that you normally see when being with her is suddenly on a more serious nature. It could be very well because she always has her mind set on something and follows it through with little to no error, but enjoys sitting back like another day has just gone by with nothing wrong, you know? I heard from Uncle Peanut; Which I might add isn't really my uncle, but I decided to call him that because that's what he reminded me of, that mom isn't always perfect about her choices, but he also admitted to me the same thing about her sure sightedness.

Now ~ As i was saying about the anticipation earlier, the reason I wanted you to know that is because Uncle Peanut, believe it or not, was behind her. 'Cornerius', whose real name I should add by now is Coronya, was watching Uncle Peanut carefully as he came up behind Grape with his hands like he was going to clap his hands together to do something. At first, I figured he was going to pull off a lame "Peek-a-boo" tactic on her, but then... I noticed he was forming his hands around his house. Yup. He was going to give her something that wasn't lame... but corny.

"GRAPE!" He says, loud and fast, into his hands behind her ears, jumping her to the point that she landed ontop of the couch, despite being behind it.

"Peanut?"
"Yes, Grape?" He says innocently towards her.
"You know I love you,right?"
"Yes, Grape." He replies again, innocently.
"And you also know that our kids are watching us right now,right?"
"Yes, Grape." He replies again, still with the same innocent tone. And still confident as usual. It's at this point that everyone was watching mom. her face, her eyes, and her ears and tail. It became an awkward pause after a couple of short seconds, where everyone was waiting for her to say something, but it kept on becoming more amusing as both Uncle Peanut and Coronya were watching to see what she would do. As for the Black cat... A rare treat I enjoyed watching was watching him watch mom come up with an answer. He started to, essentially, push his feet bacn and forth as he waited for an answer.

It was after about 30 seconds or so of silence that mom finally jumps down and pats Peanut on the shoulder, her eyes closed with confidence. "You are a good kid there, Peanut. A good kid."

It was just like that that everything ended. The game came to an end. I choose to skip these details at this point because after the game was over, my parents and Uncle Peanut start to discuss about how cute and cuddly it was to play with their own kids. Me and Coronya have always done this with our parents from time to time, but what i didn't go over in the details here is that while it's alwaysbeen an honor playing with them, I didn't want to admit that at times the games bothered me. Infact, the games bothered me the more I think about them.

"Feel embarassed again?" Coronya says. You can always expect a quick, correct response from her. Probably doens't help t hat her mom is psychic. I still don't believe it's real, by the way.
"I dunno... I do feel embarassed about it, but for more different reasons."

As we continued to walk, Coronya just kept it as it was and walked with me, as the norm. Me and her get along tight. We're practically the same age and live in the same household, afterall, so it was inevitable. Whether people make that call for our tight relationship is something I don't believe in. Take it from me ~ I'm sure it makes a huge difference, but for me, Coronya and me? Our relationship was more of a tight bond forged from mutual interests than some family love. As i got to know her and she got to know me, I always had that feeling with her, like we were meant to be together, but somehow... I always felt it was more deep than even the one my Uncle and mom had. It could be love, I dunno, but I never seen it like that.

we eventually come across Viola's place. The place these days is living up to it's reputation as usual, what with all the fancy musical decorations going on here and the money the cats are making these days, but you probably wouldn't know that with the way things are handled here at this household. Musical cats are a dime a dozen. musical cats that work their butt off to get into high society is another story. Viola was the youngest one in the neighbourhood, and as you can guess, she was the daughter of Fiddler and Keys. Don't ask me who is the Mother and Father because we tried many times only to come across the situation as totally awkward. Heck, even as i write this we still don't know who is who!

"I see. Club time?" Coronya says to me.
"Yup. It's club time."
Last edited by GameCobra on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Re: Housepets Presents: Litters Gone Wild

Post by Obbl »

So is Raspberry our narrator's name, or was that just the play name they were using (like "Cornerius")?

What an interesting group :lol:
I like the family dynamic here, lots of personality in both the little ones. I'll be here waiting for more :D
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Surely Grape would give her son a make-believe name too,right? heh-heh ... Right?!? *Sweats*
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I like it! It holds a lot of promise and seems to be quite a fun tale indeed.

So... do you mind constructive criticism, or just getting the story out?

Seems that kitten is really growing up fast, yeesh...
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I don't mind constructive criticism! Good or bad, I like knowing what my audience thinks, even if it is a fic =)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Hey, guys. Just an update on this ~ I haven't stopped writing this lovely story. =P

Problem is that I made some bad moves lately regarding how I write this story. The deal is, I got into the habit of writing Housepets material at work, which is the perfect place I find these days to write. The issue? a combination of shift changes and some recent policy changes at work. Due to these changes, it's very difficult for me to take writing material outside of my work station until these policies die down. Have no idea when this will change, and my company is known for being sticklers on these situations, so it's hard to predict when i'll have my next chapter ready. Heck, at this rate, i'll have all 5 chapters done =P

With that being said, sorry about the impressions I was giving at first. I honestly thought posting my work early would help get me into the motivation of finishing the whole story, but instead it kinda worked backwards. X3

EDIT: Don't want to bump this topic so I figured I edit this in here. Due to the nature of my job right now I'm uncertain what the schedule for this project will be finished, but at least now I know when I'm done, i'll have all the chapters ready. I almost have it done at work, but now due to policy changes and busy scheduling until January, I'm entirely uncertain when this will be done. there is even risk of the story being wiped from work and starting from scratch, which would suck big time. I hope I can get this taken care of. Until then, please hope for the best =)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Hey, guys. sorry to bump this, but I have some bad news.

It looks like with the way things are going right now, I won't have time to focus on my story for a lot longer than I thought. (I still can't believe it's April since I started this.) thought I could get the whole story done at work, but it turns out i'll have to get it done at home, which I'm busy fanboying over my other stuff I got. That means I won't be finishing this story up anytime soon.

On the bright side, I managed to save this project from work, so I'm almost finished of Chapter 2. I'm going to try to make it at least my priority to get that second chapter done. If I get time down the road next year, i'll find some time to cram this fic up.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It's OK. Take all the time that you need! We all look forward to reading the rest of this!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Finally got the second chapter finished and sent from work. But after thinking about it, I decided to make the next chapter the last one. I'm not as good at freeing up time to write as I thought. X3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

chapter 2
~~~~~~~~~

I'm not sure how long this has been going on in the neighbourhood, but there were some popular topics when we were growing up regarding club houses. The good old Dogs club being one of them. Scratch that ~ It was the only club house we could talk about. Back when all the new kids were born, including my brother and sister, Uncle Peanut told us that the club when they were growing up was similar to the one we had now: It started out with just puppies.

In our case, our Club house also started out with puppies... but only if it was because the founders of this club were pups as well. Once me, Coronya and Viola came around, things mellowed out great with this club. Incase you are wondering ~ no, we didn't force out opinions on the club. Turns out, the owners of the club ~ Bingo and Sunny ~ were excited to have us. After we got to know them, the whole plan was a sinch. The Good old Dogs club never grew out of that rule to allow cats into the club. To be fair, though, if I allowed cats into a dogs club, i would probably be embarassed as well, but luckily for me, that would not be a theme I could be caught wearing over my collar. It's like that funny human idea I heard about that went around the lines of "No girls allowed". The good old dogs club though...That was one of the major themes that me and the rest of the crew wanted when we started this club: It had to be a specific club, but a rule that wasn't too harsh. A Pets Club. Ironically enough, when we heard about it from one of our member's father, mainly Fido, he told us that the good old dogs club was suppose to be a club for both cats and dogs equally. Apparantly Bino was the one that changed all of that. It's hard to say why Bino got so much influence over the club as time went by, but Fido didn't seem to care about it as long as it was his brother. You can't really blame him, though...

"So what's the plan, Jam?"

My train of thought immediately dropped once I heard those words.
Jam.
Raspberry "Jam" Sandwich.

As i remind myself of my fur color by tugging my right ear, which i keep reminding myself to thank my parents for and the name that came along with it from my Grandpa, I could only hamper an accurate guess that Viola has the knickers in her tail to call me by my middle name like that. But considering she's the only cat outside of my litter that I get to know on a daily basis, I let it slide. But if anyone else calls me that in the future...

"Parents were playing some of those silly games today with the paper bags on their head again." I said, with Coronya looking at me with a strange look of confusion. "Did you not enjoy playing with them?" She says to me shortly afterwards.

I could only react with a scoff at that point, something I would regret thinking about at the time. "I can't really imagine us playing with paper bags." I started to say with great emphasis on the 'playing' part. "It's so..."
"Embarassing?" Coronya said without hesitation.
"Not just embarassing. It's beneath me I find."

It wasn't easy to explain. Part of me wished to know why I felt like this about my parents and our family in general. Some part of me was telling me that my stubborn pride was getting in the way, but then another part of me was telling me that I was watching too many things going on around me that was the humans. As i tried to explain it on the way to the club house to Viola and Coronya, the whole thought of the paper bag games that our parents played with us just came out of me as insulting in my opinion. I love my parents and the way they use the paperbags, but when you compare the whole paper bag game to videogames, you wondered why we even do this regularly when there's so many other cooler games to do. Sure, they play video games and watch television as well and we even got to touch some of the nerdier aspects of modern technology through computers, but paper bags just feels so outdated. At the same time, though, I shouldn't be thinking of their activities like this. Paperbag games are fun, but this nagging feeling in me kept telling me that there was something better we could do.

"You could always opt to play Mario Kart?" Viola suggested, which was popular at the time. Viola seen me play games plenty of times. At a competitive level. Of course, I could tell she was just being suggestive about it. Afterall...
"Creamed them at it." I said, keeping the tone as it was as the rest of the walk towards the club went quietly smooth. Coronya didn't say much, but having her with me and Viola was a pleasurable experience as always. Mature instincts as always made the awkward moments of me and Viola alot less awkward than they always were whenever we went on walks. I could count the number of times Coronya was around incase Viola and I delve into any awkward situations.

Infact... thinking back on it, the first time we met Viola 'was' right before we came to the new club house. The story of the club house started with our parents. Of course, we were not born at the time and therefore could not argue about the lameness at the time that was the infamous 'tree house' idea. The same idea you could probably guess that would remind you of the same tree house idea that Bart Simpson or any kid around his age did. But my parents told me when I was old enough to understand human english that they were fortunate enough that all of us were being born around the same time, so my mom and Coronya's mom, Tarot, came up with the idea to get a club house going for all of us. Mom also told me that she personally thought it was a great idea at the time because she knew how much cats liked climbing trees. Not exactly trusting my dad and Uncle Peanut at the time to work on it by themselves, they decided to ask our gramps, Earl, to build it for us. To make the story sweeter, though, he didn't do it with just our parents, but he got the local K-9 unit to help out. Of course, we were not there to see it in action, but hearing that the K-9 unit helped out along with our parents and gramps made us alot more heartwarming when we finally were old enough to see this place with our own eyes.

Just arriving on foot at the club house, we took a moment to take a look at the majesty that we called our Club House. We never thought of a name for it yet, but some of the names just sounded so juvenile back then, including names like: mini-pets. The humorously embarassing pup-pets. Clubby pubbies. Adorable a Dozen, and finally The normal one: The Kittens and Puppies Club. Considering that's the age target of this club, we were starting to think that the last name would be the most accurate tune for this club. Stanching over a mere 13 feet and under the heavy top of the tree leaves with enough shade to block out all of the sun... was a house fit for human children. Granted, though, compared to the average size of human kids, this made our jobs much easier. The house was held safely by several thick branches all around the bottom of the house that also make it impossible to climb under, so looking at it, that left us with just one doorway on the front. We eventually got time to add three separate windows on the rear and one on both sides on the house for the breeze and to reach out for the leafs that hung just inches from the window. Our front doorway initially was a wide-open door that anyone good at climbing trees could just jump into, but we decided to seal it with a thick door and include the classic dog door attachments that our owners add, ensuring that only puppies and kittens could get in. We were certain you couldn't count on a toddler getting in unless they learned to climb trees without supervision. When I said this club house was meant for puppies and kittens, we were certain this was the first good step.

Climbing into the treehouse first with Viola and Coronya coming up quickly behind me, we enter and check to see the main table. "Welcome, friend. Are you alone?"
Coming from the dog with the brown spot on his left eye and his right shoulder, you would expect this polite tone coming from the adoptive dog of Fido. One of the things that i'm certain strung from the friendship of the K-9 units that built this club house was Sunny; A name that i'm sure alot of people would consider a feminine quality, but others would be more than willing to insist that Sunny got his name from his personality. He reflects alot of Fido for being adoptive and tries his hardest to be the good dog. Alot of it probably has to deal with being adopted into the K-9's as well.

"Of course not." I say, chuckling to the obvious answer I had given.
"At this age, I'm surprised you are the only one that gets followed here by the girls, being a cat and all."
I recall how off-putting that remark was for me; considering how i knew that there were dozens of cats, but not that many dogs. but then again, cats aren't known for being public with their romances ~ except at night.

"And you think Dogs don't have it any less?"

I turn my attention to Sunny. he's the dog that almost looks spittingly like Fido, but not as buff. That's honestly the best description I can give about Sunny. He was, afterall, adopted by Fido personally when he was just a pup, but aside from not wearing glasses normally, he's always the one first on the front in many activities that we are up to. Not too far from his tail is his trusty side-kick, Bingo. "How is the champion holding out? Has Bingo won any arm-wrestling matches lately?"

Bingo is the one we adore the most, even for the cats. Bingo has the honor of being the pup of the oddest couple around these parts. Part of the reason they are considered odd is one of them is a major jerk... the other one gives off the impression she has no idea what she is doing, but you love her for it. We love to hang out with him because of all the stories and ideas we could make up with him and his family, and everyone took a shine to him immediately afterwards. It's one thing to think of his name as a game, but the other idea we never thought about until Coronya pointed it out is that Bingo can also be Bino without the G in his name. Everyone has no idea if this was intentional or not, but we somehow grown to love thinking about it as time goes on. Bingo has alot of resemblance to his father and his youngest brother, Joey, but not in terms of appearance. He mostly doodles and likes to talk to older people. He also has a trend to talk to girls, but when you get the impression that you think he's trying to get in good tastes with them, it falls quickly when you realize that even the unlikely girls that don't like most of the regular guys talk to Bingo. We just had to confess at that point it was just his good nature around them.
Despite all of this, though... I can't help but worry about something happening to him. I can certainly attest though that noone worries about him as much as Sunny. I watch out for Bingo both because I respect that kind of charisma, but I also fear it might get taken advantage of if he's not careful. Only time will tell...

"Sunny won best two out of three." Bingo replies, taking his attention to his drawing with the green crayon. "I'm certain I'd have better chances against someone like Dad. I beat him all the time!" He says, prompting everyone to snicker.

Everyone sat down around the table. The only snacks we had at the time were some milk bags with straws, a filled container of water with each member's cups next to it and the occasional sealed plastic box that looked suspiciously like a cereal box filled with our club house food. We use to shared bowls and food together like how our parents have us do it, but we thought that was too embarassing and stuck with our separate bowls and cups and stuffed the food in the cereal box.

"How did Fido take the whole mapping routine, anyhow?" I said to Sunny.
"Dad nearly flipped his collar when we showed him the borders of town on our map. He certainly doesn't mind the woodland critters much, but going beyond that is a definite negative." He says, holding his breath for a moment before letting it out. "He also is going to warn us not to think about trying any stunts like that or he'll have to get someone to keep an eye on us."
A brief pause came afterwards. I was starting to think that the plan we had for the zone we were in was not going to work out so well.
"He doesn't have to worry about that, though." I added, noticably confident at the time of speaking. "We're not going to be exploring waterfalls or finding bears. Just trying to map as much of the neighbourhood."
"He still wants us to be with one of our parents if we ever decide to try exploring beyond the map, though."

Sunny started marking the map and all the houses that we lived at. "If we're going to be exploring more of the outside areas, we gotta go with our parents."

We didn't exactly give pleasant facial responses to that remark. Whenever we go on a picnic with our parents (and by picnic i mean anything involving them) it's always a walking talkfest. And it's usually baby stories. At least i can be thankful for my father. He loves to talk about his accomplishments in life and about his achievements and; while exaggerated - sound cool at the very least. I hear from Sunny that Fido rarely talks about his personal life and instead talks about the morals of being a good citizen and dog, which Sunny and Bingo are quite attending to. At least it's better than Bino, who got the whole situation backwards. Bingo talks alot, and Bino is always trying to get into Bingo's news network. It's something we're dreadfully aware about, but we don't want to withold some of the stuff we say to Bingo for any reason. At least we hope it continues to stay that way all the way. Coronya seems to be the lucky one and her parents don't talk - they act. And when they act, they do it well. Like the time she told me about how she and Tarot predicted Uncle Peanut was going to wake Tarot up while napping by tickling her paws just to give her a dead chicken - from his mouth; only for Coronya to stall Peanut by saying it would only happen after I finished writing this story.

Come to think of it... I always wonder how that logic worked as i wrote this? Best save the details until the end.

Viola's parents apparantly talk about the embarassing subject of looking for the right mate, which Viola tells me she gets mixed opinions about. Not only that, though, Viola thinks it's strange that her parents are talking about dating at such an early age. She explained to me that her parents say nearly everytime they talk about it that music comes from the soul and the heart, and finding a mate to fall in love with makes it extremely easy for musicians; only Viola's tone cuts dry when she's explaining how many weird mistakes her parents make. Like not taking the blame for who shredded the couch. Viola always loved music, and although she said that she was pressured into the violin - she didn't need to. She naturally loved the violin. This is one of the first quirks of Viola i really liked when i first met her as well.

"Umm... Raspberry... You there?"
I never noticed that i drifted off at that point.
"Oh, sorry. Was just thinking about our families." I say softly. "But do any of us have any objections?"

I raised my hand, expecting everyone else but Bingo to do the same.
However... noone else did. At all. It was just me.

"...Seriously?"
"Raspberry." Says Sunny. "It's not a big deal. We're cool with it."
"...ok?" I said, clearly showing signs of confusing back then. "I... wasn't expecting this. This is going to be embarassing..."
They all chuckled for a moment.
"Yeah, we know they are embarassing, but that don't mean we don't like hanging out with them."
I scoff for a moment after hearing Viola's thoughts on them before replying. "Yeah, but you guys are well aware how my parents are,right?"
"Yup." They all said at once.
"Wow." I said "Wow." I said a second time just for emphasis. "You guys..."
"Logically speaking ~ we're in the same boat here, too." Says Coronya. "So your pain is also shared with us."
At first, i was happy to hear that... until she added something shortly afterwards. "That is, if our parents turn out to project the same type of treatment which your parents do. Which i doubt they will."
"Like... making sure you taken a bath beforehand? With her tongue?" I added.
"Of course not. I'm a dog." Coronya retorted.

I had to pull a slow facepalm over my face for a moment as I realized that defending my parent's actions wasn't going to work. Coronya was one of those sure-fire types when it came to talking. Makes it difficult to get around things when she's around, but it's also one of the reason i keep her around all the time. "Alright, fine." I then said, almost fully resigned to my fate at that point. "So when do we start exploring?"

"We can start as soon as we can. like in an hour? It's already noon."
Sure enough, plenty of time to do this today. We usually end these thigns by three o'clock in time to watch television.
"AWesome. everyone come back in half an hour, then?"

Everyone shook in agreement at the same time at me. With a little thumbs up afterwards to seal the deal, we started talking about the rest of the things we were going to do during the week such as where to hang out, what was hot on television, the internet. We also talked about the future and what would be interested in. volunteer work was becoming a hot topic for this year since the whole fiasco for pet laws to allow them to have more responsibility for their actions these days, so getting into the odd jobs at this early age was something we newer kids have been pondering about doing to make our future prophets much bigger. After everything was said and done and we were leaving the club house, Viola suddenly approached me before we climbed down the tree with a rather... sheepish look on her face.

"Hey, Jam?"
There's that name again...
"Yes, Viola?"
It's then i noticed as i turned around that she was placing both her hands infront of her lap. I could only expect formality at this point.
"How are the kids at home?"
"Kids?"
It dawned at me a split second after she said that that she actually meant my brother and sister, Chester and Tuna.
"Oh, they are fine. Tuna is still her lovable, fish craving self. Chester is just helping out at home."
"Mmmm... Chester will be a prime example from the sounds of it." She says to me, smiling gently.
"Oh, sure. He might be a strong cat, but he certainly won't be a dog in my opinion. like Rex."
Stating that to Viola, she got all puffy-faced with me about that.
"You never know until you try..."
"Meh. He might." I say, shrugging. "Have to wait and see."

It got a little silent at first, but then Viola smirked. "Why not help out your big brother?"
"Me?" I said, scoffing "Don't want to embarass my brother. unless there are games involved."
She laughed. And then i had to join in and laugh afterwards. Remember that awkward moment I keep trying to bring Coronya around to avoid? This is it. I wished Coronya didn't go down the tree so early. This is about the third time I recall that Viola tried to talk to me by myself. I love to talk to Viola, considering she's the closest cat outside the family that i can talk to regularly about things... but there were alot of things here that i wished between me and Viola that were not present.

The first and obvious one is that she's a girl. As much as i hate to admit this, but anytime a guy meets a girl at my age and they become best friends this early on is immediately tied to the love theory. I don't want people thinking immediately that me and her are 'the one true pairing'. Viola can't seem to notice this hint. She seems to jump right into these awkward conversations like it's nothing to be ashamed about, which DOES ACTUALLY make me SUSPECT that THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT SHE WANTS! ... to my embarassment. If she really is trying to start some sort of romantic interest with me, i certainly fail to see it. If there was a second reason present then I really can't phantom though the words that come to my mind as i think about it with Viola. Even if this was the third time i spoke to her alone about this, it never really comes out of my head what Viola thinks about this whole situation, but me questioning Viola about it will no doubt in my mind turn the situation into a much more romantic tone if i started asking questions about it, so i could only hold them in until i get a better reading about what Viola was aiming to do with me at this time. And it's not noticing these obvious advancements that makes me feel ashamed to both her and my parents. So basically, the second reason is that i was uneasy to admit i didn't know something about a situation, something i pretty much pride myself on at the time.

"I'm going to see if i can get my parents to come. would be nice if we could all spend time together exploring."
"Oh?" I said suddenly. "Well, yeah. That would be nice. I could see them trusting us to handle our own things more if they saw how we worked."
"Precisely!" She said, smiling as she started walking off. Somehow I got that feeling the impression she got was different than mine... Not spending much time thinking on it, i headed home. Slowly.

The immediate idea that came across me was that i wanted to safeguard anything embarassing that my parents would immediately bring along with us. I would also have to account for Chester and Tuna as well. If everyone was going to be bringing their families on this run, I would have to at least make sure that I managed to make sure that the embarassment factor was cut down to a minimum.
Of course, not to my surprise, coming home to the sandwich house ~ I see my dad sleeping on the couch with Tuna sleeping on his face.

"What can I do for you, son?" He says, despite the fact that Tuna is sleeping on his face. He also didn't show any signs of moving his lips while doing so. I also questions how he knew i walked in, but then i forget - i'm just a kitten. I don't have as sharp indoor senses as them. Still doesn't answer how he can talk with his whole face covered.
"Hey, Dad. How were things going on with Tuna?"
"She's not asleep, you know."
Really? I couldn't tell. What with her eyes closed and looking sound asleep. But then she rolls her back onto his face with her tail moving along the side of his chest as she does it. It's always the tail that gives it away.
"Well, ok. It's like this. We need help mapping out the town, but we need to browse outside town now. In the woods."

A brief pause could be felt. You usually don't come across this tension unless it's my mom's.

"Did anyone approve of this yet?"
"Not that i'm aware of."

You know that feeling you get when you feel like you just said something that's suppose to be bad, but turns out ot be good in a awkward way? That's what i got. My Dad was giving off that toothly smile of his. And he still has Tuna on his face.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wow this has come out very nicely! Great job!