SRP: Snow Tunnels

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Legotron123

Re: SRP: Snow Tunnels

Post by Legotron123 »

Sorry, I thought the walk would be a couple hours. Jack said as he stepped out of his hat. If it's just thirty minutes than I don't mind walking there. He picked his hat up and walked towards the door. Lets be on our merry way then shall we? He said to the group of animals.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

anubis followed jack to the door and opened it slightly to check for the spider bots. seeing none right away he stepped outside holding his pickaxe and mini scythe in each paw."hey i dont see any of those bots come on out“anubis said still being cautious around himself if they did show
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Bye." Cryo told Gunthar. He looked at the others. "I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Let's go." Cryo said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Post by Happiness Designer »

Quinn looked up and saw a large knife falling down upon him. Not having time to react, he cried out as it fell towards him.
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

The smell of bread almost intoxicated poor Maut with its welcoming smell, he couldn't even think straight at the time, nor picked up the scent of other animals coming apparently from the same direction as the bread smell. "Bread...," he muttered, drool started rolling down his chops.

He only took two step sforwards before tripping up yet another stone, and stumbled towards his left, right at the near left door!

"AIGH!" he yelped.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

As he expected, Gil's hand burst into flames. Then like the light spell, dissipated. Though there was a faint whiff of slightly singed fur in the air.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"There are roughly two aspects to magic. How to cause damage, and, as you will see in a moment, how to prevent or, cure damage," the lady said, watching the knife slow, and almost grind to a halt as it got near Quinn. The knife did cut him though. On his right shoulder. It was though, only a tiny little cut from the knife's tip. The rest of the knife dispelled in a puff of smoke.

"Now, place your hand over the wound, and imagine this symbol," she said, and drew what looked like an up arrow, "One thing you must understand about magic groups. Is that all groups, or elements, if you will. Have healing abilities."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With Maut's fall, the others were alerted to his presence. The thing was though. What to make of this newcomer?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"So are we gonna get going," Flynn headed out the door after Anubis and Jack

Then he noticed the new guest that had joined them. He kept his mouth shut, seeing how the others reacted first
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Gil nodded with agreement and made his way to the door, only to freeze when another animal stumbled into their sights. Apparently there were others down here as well, besides the robotic spiders.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"yo ! hey there buddy ! where did you come from ?" Muiva asked the new dog from behind Gil , in a tone somewhat half teasing , half genuine .
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Jack just stared at the newcomer for a second before extending his hand to help pull him up. Hello newcomer! Need some help?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hotep the psychic

Anubis looked around similarizing formations to the map he held. once knowing the correct direction he joined the others with the new person. "hey there. Im Anubis." Anubis said hooking his two pickaxe like climbing picks to his large hiking bag he carried.
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Cryo walked outside, tugging on his gloves. He noticed the newcomer. "Sup? I'm Cryo." Cryo greeted.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

With a grimace, Quinn held his paw over the small cut and imagined the symbol. "Healing seems like one of the most useful abilities..." Quinn said quietly.
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Maut found himself in a large room, and for the first time, saw other living beings apart from him. Not that he was looking forward to seeing any; in fact, he hastily shuffled backwards towards a wall on his butt, keeping a distance from everyone. He hugged his knees, the book held in one paw, his eyes looking at the crowd in a very distrusting way.

"Keep away from me, I have nothing to give you!"

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

OOC: Rat dungeon? Not here!

ic:

"And had I only taught you to attack and defend, but not how to take care of yourself, what kind of teacher would I be?" the lady of the lake said.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the group tried to meet the newcomer, something happened in the door that was center south. Green droplets of liquid began to drip from it's ceiling. There was three such leaks. As the drips hit the floor, they began to combine into a larger drop. Soon the small blobs of liquid were 3 feet high, an oozy transparent green, and then they got faces. Two large beady eyes and a small mouth. The faces were at first smiles, then they noticed the group, and they got angry.

They opened their mouths and fired balls of goo at their targets.

"PAI!!!" Said one as it fired. The rest followed. Five slime balls headed towards the group!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Flynn acted on his first instinct to quickly get behind the rest of the group so he wouldn't get hit.
(using 3 stones to get to the back of the group and avoid getting hit.)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

After a moment Gil realized the other animal didn't appear to be a threat, far from it by how it acted. The question of where he came from flitted through the canine's mind for a moment when he noticed the book. Gil opened his mouth to inquire about it but before could-

Slimes !?!
The dog tried his best to dodge the incoming projectiles, settling for an awkward dive-roll maneuver.
(Tosses in two stones)

Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

kurowolfe wrote:Maut found himself in a large room, and for the first time, saw other living beings apart from him. Not that he was looking forward to seeing any; in fact, he hastily shuffled backwards towards a wall on his butt, keeping a distance from everyone. He hugged his knees, the book held in one paw, his eyes looking at the crowd in a very distrusting way.
"Keep away from me, I have nothing to give you!"
the black wolf before him chuckled , apparently amused by his fear , then she spoke "Come on , we're not gonna hur-GUYS ! FIRE SHIELD NOW !" , she cut herself off , her tone change from teasing to a shout of command as she suddenly grab the new dog by the wrist and pulled him to his feet , heading straight forward back into the house
(5 stone for attempt evasion)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Jack quickly responded to mulvias command, quickly using the only item he had on hand to cast the flame spell: his hat. Slimes are usually weak to special attacks, so video game logic please don't fail me now!!! He thought out loud. When noticed Flynn ducking behind them to use them as a shield, a combination of disappointment and disgust appeared on his face. Flynn!! I know you were paying attention during the magic lesson, so stop using us as a meat shield, and fight. With. Us!
(Ooc: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... orEmphasis on those last words. Not a mistake. Also, two stones for hat firing.)
Last edited by Legotron123 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hotep the psychic

anubis pulled out his climbing pickaxe with a sudden idea as he dodged the first attack. he held it sideways like a crossbow thinking of the fireball spell on the pickaxes end towards the monsters head. (2stones for attack with fireball spell with pickaxe as crossbow handle.) after so anubis moved again, this time towards a group of rocks
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Cryo quickly laid down on the ground. "For the love of Amaterasu!" he exclaimed. Cryo concentrated and did the fireball spell in the direction of the slimes. (3 stines for fireball)
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Happiness Designer

Quinn concentrated on the healing symbol, attempting to seal the small wound.
~ Colors are good. ~
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

serence ice fox wrote:the black wolf before him chuckled , apparently amused by his fear , then she spoke "Come on , we're not gonna hur-GUYS ! FIRE SHIELD NOW !" , she cut herself off , her tone change from teasing to a shout of command as she suddenly grab the new dog by the wrist and pulled him to his feet , heading straight forward back into the house
(5 stone for attempt evasion)
The hooded dog cast a sharp and piercing glare at the tall black wolf. But before he could even shoot a retort, a large kerfaffle ensued: sound of fire burning, projectiles, shouting and cursing. The wolf yanked him up and he winced in pain, yet he followed her with difficulty into the house, given how slow he was.

"What on earth is happening out there?" he asked her once they were inside, amid the cacophony of sounds and blasts.

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

OOC GM: Remember guys, be very specific in your spell casts.

ic:

Flynn makes a miscalculation and is damaged for it!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gil manages to roll his way out of one, but not two slime balls. The second hitting him in the back. GM: 2 points of damage.
Muiva ends up in the house, alerting Gunthar to their presence.
And of course, Jack's hat burst into flames! Though it quickly died down as a slime ball flew past him, hitting Flynn on the shoulder! GM: 2 points of damage.
As expected, Anubis's fire ball flew from his pickaxe, barely grazing the monsters head. It screamed again and threw another slime ball in his direction!
Cyro's fireball flew through the air, and into the wall behind a slime.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A small blue scar wielded itself on Quinn's arm finally.

"Good, now tell me, what have you learned so far?" The lady of the lake said.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gunthar heard the commotion and poked his head out the back door.

"Back already?" He asked with an eyebrow raised, then he noticed the new guy. He walked up to the two.

"Name's Gunthar, and you've been dragged into my bakery," he said, offering a paw to shake, "Though why I wonder?"

Outside, 2 slimes fire at Jack and Flynn again, about 4 shots head towards the duo!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

xhunterko wrote:Flynn makes a miscalculation and is damaged for it!
Flynn quietly cursed to himself when he was damaged.
Legotron123 wrote:Flynn!! I know you were paying attention during the magic lesson, so stop using us as a meat shield, and fight. With. Us!
"If you didn't notice, I don't have any combat experience, so I'd take any damage coming at me on the front line," Flynn yelled back.
You guys can defend yourselves, while I stay back here and do this!"
He then aimed his arm at one of the slimes, then performed the spell for a fireball (4 stones for hitting a slime or two)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

kurowolfe wrote: The hooded dog cast a sharp and piercing glare at the tall black wolf. But before he could even shoot a retort, a large kerfaffle ensued: sound of fire burning, projectiles, shouting and cursing. The wolf yanked him up and he winced in pain, yet he followed her with difficulty into the house, given how slow he was.

"What on earth is happening out there?" he asked her once they were inside, amid the cacophony of sounds and blasts.
xhunterko wrote: Gunthar heard the commotion and poked his head out the back door.

"Back already?" He asked with an eyebrow raised, then he noticed the new guy. He walked up to the two.

"Name's Gunthar, and you've been dragged into my bakery," he said, offering a paw to shake, "Though why I wonder?"
"Apparently we're being attacked by living slime balls" Muiva answered , giggling
xhunterko wrote: Outside, 2 slimes fire at Jack and Flynn again, about 4 shots head towards the duo!
"excuse me for a moment , hon" she winked at the new dog , before running back out "Guys , dodge first , attack later !"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Jacks eyes were filled with horror as he put out the fire on his dads hat.AHHHH!!!!!! No no no no no, not dads hat!! He yelped before turning his head back to Flynn and shooting the fire spell with his hand. I don't have any fighting experience ether, but I charged one of those spider things with a rock! He paused as a lightbulb went off in his head. Hey where were you during that fight!?!? You were the only one I didn't see doing something to that spider! Were you standing and watching us fight, willing to let us die as long as you didn't cramp your pinky!?!?!? As he yelled at Flynn for his cowardly behavior, he didn't notice one of the slime balls until it hit him in the thigh! Aggghh!! Eww, sick, icky, gross, piece of gunk!!

Hotep the psychic

Anubis saw the incoming slime ball and set his pick axes crossed in front of him, he concentrated on the fire shield spell as hard as he could to block the incoming attack.( 1 stone for block) After so he aimed some more before concentrating on fire instead of a fire ball attack his focus on where it would shoot out of was the same spot as he set the pickaxes into a more crossbow like hold and focused the shot or attack at its end.(1 stone towards attack)
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Cryo ducked as the slimes shot at them. "They sound so cute, but they're so evil!" he said. Cryo soon got tired of Jack accusing Flyyn. "Jack stop yelling at Flynn and focus on getting rid of the slimes." he ordered. Cryo adjusted his aim and did the fireball spell. (1 stone for fireball)
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

serence ice fox wrote:
kurowolfe wrote: The hooded dog cast a sharp and piercing glare at the tall black wolf. But before he could even shoot a retort, a large kerfaffle ensued: sound of fire burning, projectiles, shouting and cursing. The wolf yanked him up and he winced in pain, yet he followed her with difficulty into the house, given how slow he was.

xhunterko wrote: Gunthar heard the commotion and poked his head out the back door.

"Apparently we're being attacked by living slime balls" Muiva answered , giggling
xhunterko wrote: Outside, 2 slimes fire at Jack and Flynn again, about 4 shots head towards the duo!
"excuse me for a moment , hon" she winked at the new dog , before running back out "Guys , dodge first , attack later !"
Maut watched the wolf run outside to join her colleagues in fighting the slimes. The mutt sighed deep.
"What is this, a glorified RPG or something?!" he muttered in exasperation. "And all I wanted to do was live alone and not bother anyone till death takes me. Ugh fine, I'll help."

"Hey, mister, what can I do to help those guys out there?" he asked Gunthar, but not before taking his offer to shake paws.

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: Apologies for the delay. Your GM has been very very busy.

ic:

Flynn's attack hit a single slime dead on. Causing a large circle of ash to appear on the slime to the right.

"PAI!" It mourned tearfully, then it fired another slime ball in his direction! GM: 4 points of damage, 1 left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Muiva appeared from the door, a slime on the far left noticed her.

"PAI!" It said, firing two slime balls in her direction! One aiming high, the other low.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Poor Jack was caught off guard yet again as the center slime aimed directly for his back!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anubis's shield did work, blocking a single slime attack. His fireball hit the slime on the left, causing a small patch of ash. GM: 1 point of damage. 4 left.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cyro's fireball hit the slime in the center, also causing a small scar of ash. GM: 1 point of damage.
"You mean aside from using your claws and or your fangs?" Gunthar said.

"What's an RPG? Ah, my apologies. I am to assume you are from the same world the others are, welcome to Arreserth," Gunthar said.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Flynn tried to remember what Gunthar had said about making a shield Spell, and made his best attempt at performing it (my last 2 stones, I think)
Legotron123 wrote:Hey where were you during that fight!?!? You were the only one I didn't see doing something to that spider! Were you standing and watching us fight, willing to let us die as long as you didn't cramp your pinky!?!?!?
"I'm sorry, did you want me to scratch the hardened steel robot firing death lasers with my bare claws? Cause that's the best I would have been able to do, and I knew it wasn't going to work," he yelled back at Jack.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

After seeing a few of the others taking the offensive, Gil decided he should probably do the same.
It was at this time that Gil wished he'd listened to Gunther's lecture about fireballs.
So he instead had to rely on what he knew.
Hoping the volley of fireballs would keep the slimes' occupied, Gil attempted to attack from the side. The dog swiftly ran in for a melee attack before setting his hand ablaze, and attempting to swipe clean through one of the slimes.
( 4 stones for special attack)
Last edited by Roarin on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Roarin wrote:After seeing a few of the others taking the offensive, Gil decided he should probably do the same.
It was at this time that Gil wished he'd listened to Gunther's lecture about fireballs.
So he instead had to rely on what he knew.
Hoping the volley of fireballs would keep the slimes' occupied, Gil attempted to attack from the side. The dog swiftly ran in for a melee attack before setting his hand ablaze, and attempting to swipe clean through one of the slimes.
( 4 stones? I'm not sure how much I have...)
what are you planning my little friend ? Muiva thought , seeing Gil sneaking around the slimes
xhunterko wrote: As Muiva appeared from the door, a slime on the far left noticed her.

"PAI!" It said, firing two slime balls in her direction! One aiming high, the other low.
"geez !" the wolf exclaimed , jumping backward in a way that her body was parallel with the ground , hopefully enough to go between the shots, her knife then once again engulfed in light and turned into the light saber (not that light saber) as she threw it aiming directly at the eye of the slime creature previously injured by Flynn's flame , hopefully it would cause enough damage to the thing , but only the light sword flew away, while the actual knife was still in her paw.

(2 stones for evasion)
(2 stones for special attack)
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

That's what Echo did!! Jack yelled at Flynn while shooting at the slimes. He hadn't heard Cryo asking him to stop yelling, but he still knew it was a bad idea to focus mainly on getting upset when there are slimes shooting at you. Even if he had heard cryo, he wouldn't have stopped, because Flynn had put him in of his "moods." Trying to get him to stop before he was done would only make it worse. You at least could've TRIED!! Instead, you decided it was better to possibly let us DIE!! THAT! Is what I'm mad about! He then got hit with another slimeball. Oh you have GOT to be kidding me!! He said as he hopped around. trying to scrape some of it off. And no, he didn't purposely scrape it on to Flynn. He's mad, not a jerk.
(2 stones for fire spell)

Hotep the psychic

Anubis focused the fire spell around his two pickaxes he held before running sideways with his focus on the damaged slime. with force he went to the wall closest and ran upwards a bit before jumping off the wall in an attack hoping to kill the slime. his pickaxes arcing overhead to cut into the slime.(1 stone for wall jump attack)
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Cryo walked over to Jack and put his paw on top of his head. "Stop arguing with Flynn and focus on getting rid of these slime things." he said. With his left paw still on Jack's head, Cryo tried to do a one-handed fireball at the slimes. (Last 4 stones for one-handed fireball.)
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Happiness Designer

"You taught me to use the ice ball, the shield, and how to heal myself."Quinn told the lady. "What other kinds of magic are there?"
~ Colors are good. ~
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"Well, this is quite a welcome I must say, being attacked by balls of goo and meeting random pets fighting for their lives," Maut said drily to the stocky rabbit. He had this snarky expression on him, not believing that the guy was almost non-chalant about the attack, despite the yelling and bombing outside the bakery.

Only then what Gunthar had said sunk into his brains. He slapped himself on the forehead. "Oh right, I forgot I'm a dog with claws and stuff. Sheesh, living with humans really dulled my animal senses. Gunthar, can you take care of this book? I'm going to help those guys out there." He handed him the novel, and unsheathed his hand claws, going out that door.

Once outside, the din was almost unbearable. And immediately, he saw the black wolf from earlier attempting to dodge a slimeball's attack and tossing her... glowing dagger?... at the monster's eyes. He chose to hold back and stick close to the wall of the bakery for the moment, standing in a crouching position, or what he could muster as one. "Let me assist," he said to her, waiting to deal a finishing blow lest the creature didn't perish with that dagger toss.

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

OOC: There's treasure on the ground! But who's gonna get it??? EDIT: Derp GM forgot someone cause he's been busy. Sigh.

ic:

"Most types of elements have magic symbols associated with them, you'll find those in basic libraries. More advanced schools and universities have other texts and hidden and forbidden magic in them. The forbidden kind we won't discuss, but," the lady of the lake said, "each person has basic elements within themselves." The lady of the lake placed a palm in the air and drew four pictures. A pointed sword, a square shield with a cross, a crooked sword, and a round shield.

"These personal elements are Attack, Defense, Special Attack, and Special Defense," she said, "When you are attacked, someone is gambling that their personal magic is higher than yours. You can buff these attributes." An evil snow man grew out of the snow Quinn.

"Imagine two swords joined at the hilt to make a v, then imagine the ice spell I taught you, but only on your punching hand. Then attack the enemy behind you," she said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gunthar took the book and shook his head. That one was going to have a hard time!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As low as Maut crouched, he didn't crouch low enough for the low slime ball to hit him! GM: 2 points damage.
Cyro's attack hit the center slime! GM: 4 points of damage.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It looked easy, unfortunately it looked too easy to Anubis. Anubis tripped on the wall and landed face first in front of the center slime!
Jack's fire ball unfortunately went into the ceiling above the slimes, causing a small shower of pebbles to hit the floor.
Muiva's knife hit her target dead center in between the eyes! Slicing the slime in half and causing it to explode in a shower of goo! GM: 4 gems and a silver and ruby ring fall in it's place. What does it do?!
Gil's attack cut the left slime to pieces as well! It exploded with a satisfying plop, spewing goo every where as it did so! GM: 3 gems fall in it's place.
The only slime left, the center slime, saw prey in front of him. He shot 2 slime balls at Anubis, then 4 at the group squabbling in the back.

"PAI!" It shouted as it spewed death from it's mouth.
Flynn's shield spell successfully activated around him. And only him.