Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Redwall

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hlaoroo wrote:Of course, Mr. Daffyd. You can leave your weapons in the gatehouse. They'll be safe there. But call me Brumble, or Brum. Everyone does." Brumble arcs back around in the direction they had come from to the front door of a little cottage nestled in the shadow of the walls. Knocking, she enters and opens a cupboard in which several other weapons are already stored.
"You can put them in here. You're right that we don't bear arms here. We have no need to as were a peaceful order." She addresses the otter as he catches up.
"Oh, either or. You'll have to excuse me. I'm too curious for my own good, as my mother used to say. It's part of the reason I became librarian and recorder, so that I could read and absorb all that knowledge."
"Of course and thank you," Owain said, placing the battered weapon in safe keeping, "And I'm Owain, uh... Brum. Ap jus' means 'son of' is all." He looked around at the otter as he arrived. "Sorry, bach, we're leading you on a right dance, aren't we?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Alexander, who hadn't payed attention at the end, picked the cup on the right.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

inside instead of a pea was a small coin. "oh lookie there." trevor said handing over the coin
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Oh I am too simple a man to be librarian," Aldryd remarked scratching at the scruff on his chin, "I am content in my life in the woodlands." he smiled
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Me'n'all, I'm 'afraid, m'lady Brum." Owain said in agreement with Aldryd. "Plus a perm'nent job'd get in th' way of what I'm lookin' for."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Wayland leaned on the ramparts, day dreaming about sailing on a ship. A hare in a black cloak approached.
"I say," he called up, "Could you please open up this gate?"
Wayland scrambled in a position of attention and called back, "First you must identify yourself and your intentions." He smiled, as felt he certainly had it down now.
"I am Rylan," replied the hare, "And I come here to simply rest and enjoy the feast."
This answer puzzled Wayland. Generally animals that went about in black cloaks were up to no good. At least according to the stories his nan told him. "Why do you have that there cloak?" He asked suspiciously.
"It's comfortable," Rylan replied.
Satisfied with the answer Wayland called for the gate to be lowered.
"Thank you, Wayland called. He entered the abbey at a jaunty pace.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You think this is a dance? Wait'll the dibbuns try to get you doing "honey bee soup" tonight!" Brum jokes, naming a dance which involves a lot of running around and flapping your paws like wings and which has been popular amongst the abbey's youngsters for too many turns of the seasons for even the abbey records to remember.
"But I'm no lady. I'm just plain old Brum." Hearing the stoat come in behind her, she turns to address him and is instantly suspicious despite her gentle nature, being thoroughly familiar with the abbey's history with stoats from her hours spent perusing the records.
"That's right. I am Brumble. We haven't seen many stoats around here for seasons and I have to wonder what brings one back this way, especially considering their reputation, if you'll pardon my saying."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Sounds a delight," Owain said with a smile. "Bit like the old days in Wyeside an', when you're my station, ev'ryone's a lady or a sir compar'd. I need t'ask if'n there's anyone needin' 'elp with carts in th' area in exchange for room'n..." He looked to step forward in case the Stoat attacked. He didn't believe it would but he could read and understand Brum's concern as she asked her question.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"There will be dancing?" Aldryd asked, raising an eyebrow. He wasn't really that graceful just walking, dancing could be catastrophic. The otter shifted his weight form foot to foot as he looked around, "I don't know much about carts aside from that I have one, but I may be able to help build a place for you to stay for a while." Aldryd offered
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

"I've come south to start a new life and escape the never ending wars in the north." Aaron replies to Brumble. "All I want is to see my skills used for good, not evil."
I'm losing my grip on sanity one finger at a time.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Brumble smiles and opens her arms briefly in a friendly gesture.
"If it is as you say then you will be welcome at Redwall." She turns back to the otter and mouse, hearing their conversation.
"As to room, all peaceful creatures are welcome to stay at Redwall for as long as they need or desire. We have plenty so we give freely and expect nothing in return, knowing that all peaceful creatures would extend the same courtesy were they able. Shall we exchange this musty little room for the sunlight outside, gentlebeasts?" Brumble suggests, gesturing to the door.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"A'course, caredig Gwiwer," Owain said gallantly. "I much pr'fer the light t'the dark anyhow, don't I?" He stepped back into the outside with his walking companions.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Hotep the psychic wrote:inside instead of a pea was a small coin. "oh lookie there." trevor said handing over the coin
"Oh, cool." Alexander said, taking the coin.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

trevor smiled. as a kid close by gasped at the sight. he then proceeded to another kid and did the same. soon he spotted kiki, and waved at her to come over. he looked at one kid and pulled a small hankerchief."ive always loved magic tricks....hold on" he blew his nose and a small poof of fire shot out and vanished when he waved the hankerchief over there was a dark red blooming flower."oy howd that get in there....last time i smell flowers....unless i still have some in my nose" trevor said jokingly
ImageImageImage
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldyd stretched his neck to either side before nodding in agreement. The otter stepped put into the open air again, taking a giant breath and letting out an audible sigh, smiling, "The sunshine is best, I agree."
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

Walking outside with the others Aaron says with a smile, "I guess we all agree that sunshine is better than a musty little room."
69eist

Post by 69eist »

"Now what is this?"

Givihn finds himself at Redwall.

(Sorry for the late post. I haven't had the chance to read up the descriptions of the place)
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain grinned and shifted the bindle on his shoulder as he heard the others. "All in agreement inna place've peace. It must be working..." Suddenly realising he still had his bindle, he nipped back in and put it in a safe place, deciding to take the offering cup from it first. He returned outside. "Speakin' of what you was sayin' earlier, me da' 'ad a sayin' that fits. Translates as 'It's real 'ard t'give away kindness as, when given, it's so often returned, yeah?'"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Brum smiles. I like that saying, Owain. I'll have to write it down." Sucking in a deep, contented, breath, Brum looks around at the adults happily chatting and preparing, the dibbuns playing and laughing and running, the carnival air pervading the atmosphere.
"So, would you gentlebeasts like a tour? There's plenty to see and do."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Yes, please." Aldryd adjusted his belt, "I'm not sure that I have been here more than once in my lifetime." the otter finished with a crooked smile
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

"I wouldn't mine at all." Aaron says as he looks around. The adding "This place is larger than I imagined."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I think it da syniad, Brum" Owain said contemplatively as he looked around. "S'not often I'm inna place like this." He chuckled. "Think the las' time I was returnin' a stolen girl ta 'er family." He rubbed his feet to get some life back into them.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You rescued a stolen girl? Now THAT sounds like a story worth hearing!" Brum looks up at the abbey again.
"Why don't you tell us while we walk? Is there anywhere any of you would like to see first?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Certain I can talk if the others like,” Owain advised. “Wasn't much of a thing really. Two manors, like, one old bloods one robber baron type, forever lookin' to improve 'is standing 'e was.” The mouse shrugged. “Figured 'e'd do it by marriage, 'e did, as his force and the other manors was about even, so 'e kidnapped the daughter, see? I jus' managed to steal 'er back is all. Made a special cart she c'd hide in, like, an' me'n a badger friend got 'er the 'eck outta there. They offered reward but I didn't want it. Last I 'eard she were in a lleiandy... uh... what's the word fer a place like this fer ladies? One've them. In Shrewsb'ry, it is. I 'ear the robber baron took 'imself away when the other local lords came to 'ave words.” He looked around at the people working and running around them. “I much pr'fer this place to th' one he 'ad.” He let a grin spike his scar. “The people'r nicer for one. As for where to look at now? I'm sure you'll take us all somewhere special, bach."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Brumble looks Owain straight in the eye. "Owain, that wasn't "not much". You saved that poor beast from a terrible fate. You deserved every bit of that reward." She lets that statement linger in the air for a few moments and then assumes a more relaxed and friendly air.
"You wanna see something special? I'll show you our tapestry of Martin the Warrior. It's older than abbey itself and it's our pride and joy." Brumble begins to lead the way across the grass.

----------
Kiki stares at Trevor agog, not quite sure how to react to this display of prestidigitation.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

After Brum turned away, Owain grinned. "Probably should 'ave accep'd it'n," he said, more to Aaron than anyone else, as the group headed off.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

trevor handed the flower to kiki. he motioned for her to take it.
ImageImageImage
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd followed silently, trotting to keep up. The otter marveled at the grandiose abbey as he walked, what a neat place
69eist

Post by 69eist »

"Well well well, this place looks interesting."

Givihn said as he walked into the abbey.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Warr'or, eh?" Owain mused as the group followed Brum. "Can' say as I'm much'v a warrior but I c'n always do with inspiration, can't I?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Reaching the doors to the main abbey, Brum stands aside to let a group of moles carrying one of the long trestle tables out to the orchard go past.
"Oh, goody! We'll be eating outside! That's always so much more fun!"
"Boi okey, oi'm lukkin' for'ard to Foremole's deeper 'n' ever turnip an' tater an' beetroot poie! 'Eem be makin' he bestest poies, 'ee is." enthuses one of the stout fellows in their peculiar dialect known as "molespeak" as he passes. This statement is met with eager agreement from the other moles as their happy chatter fades into the background noise as they cross the lawn. After they've gone, Brum leads the way into Cavern Hole.
"Martin is our folk hero. He lived mayn turns of the seasons ago, long before the tapestry was made. He helped rid the land of several evil tyrants including the wildcat Tsarmina and the stoat Badrang and freed the slaves whom they were persecuting. Although he's passed on his spirit still watches over us and provides us with guidance and help in times of need." Climbing the seven steps between Cavern Hole and the Great Hall, Brum points out the word "REDWALL" carved into the staircase, one letter per step.
"Martin's tomb is hidden under the "W" because when you read that upside down it becomes a "M". That was discovered by Matthias whom one of our bells is named after. The other is named after Methuselah, Matthias' friend and mentor, was a much-loved father figure in the abbey in his time." Reaching the top of the steps, the creatures step out into the Great Hall. The ceiling is supported by columns dotted throughout the room and the cavernous space is lit both by torches in wall sconces and in wrought iron stands and by the dappled and many-hued light filtering in through the stained glass windows. Creatures are everywhere in this hall, preparing it for the festivities and going about their normal, everyday duties. Brum lets her companions take in the atmosphere for a time before directing their attention to the great tapestry which stretches along the entire wall opposite the giant, multi-coloured windows. In the centre of the tapestry, Martin himself, clad in armour, leans on his sword which is planted point down in front of him while vermin flee from him in all directions. Imposing yet friendly, his eyes seem to follow you around the room and to know you intimately yet not uncomfortably so. To look at him you felt simultaneously awed and at ease. Even after having grown up beside the tapestry, Brum still felt a thrill every time she looked at it. Elsewhere, the tapestry depicts the abbey itself as well as various pivotal events in its history, all in incredibly detailed needlework stitched in vibrant colours which still seem as bright and fresh as the day they were sown. Tearing her eyes away from Martin, Brum examines her companions faces, trying to discern their reactions to this work of art.

==========
Shyly, Kiki takes the flower and sniffs it before sitting it in her headfur behind her ear.
"Fankoo, missta!" Kiki moves forward, trying to look in Trevor's nose to see if there are any more flowers there.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain looked to the tapestry and found he was looking at the chart of someone who'd found what he wanted in life and held it to be enough. "Ev'ry abaty needs it's champions," he breathed, "an' 'e seems one t' aspire to. I 'ope one day I find what I'm searchin' fer like 'e did."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd stood in silent amazement, floored by both the story and the hanging tapestry. His mouth stood slightly open and his eyes were wide as dishes, "How amazing..." the otter mumbled quietly
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

Standing in front of the tapestry, Aaron says quietly, "I feel truly safe for the first time in my life." as if to the picture of Martin.
Hotep the psychic

Trevor nodded before doing more tricks. He then finished stood and went towards the large banner of a well known hero of redwall. He then walked to the grounds around the large building.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You are truly safe here. All Redwallers are peaceful and would never hurt another living soul unless it were in defence of another creature or of the abbey. Our abbey has never been taken either although many have tried as you can see in the tapestry. And Owain? I hope you do find what you're searching for, whatever that my be. If you saw fit to share it with us then perhaps we could aid you in your endeavours. I'll not pressure you to reveal something that personal though." Brum says almost reverently.

Kiki decides that she rather likes these displays of magic so she follows Trevor, eager to see more.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain chuckled openly, "I'd luv t' tell you, Brum, bach, but my mind's fully open on what it's lookin' fer. As in I don' 'ave a clue. Knowing would certain make it easier but much less interesting. Don' worry about askin' the personal. 'S'an easy cost fer th' 'ospitality, it is."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

trevor took a look at the sites around redwalls outdoors. his hands pulled little magic tricks to keep busy, making things appear and disapeer. soon he left redwall unaware that kiki followed him the whole time.
(ooc trevor is heading to his cabin there hell find kiki followed him)
ImageImageImage
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"If it isn't any trouble, I will listen to any stories you have to tell as well." the tall otter grunted
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Y'talkin' to me or Brum there, my friend?""
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie