HPU?: Apollo City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

69eist

Re: Pet Friendly?: Apollo City

Post by 69eist »

Basil closes his eyelids shut hard, maw wide open screaming, "How did you get here!?"
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Well, I do have a motorcycle, Basil. Boss replied.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Legotron123 wrote:Sorry, I meant to say pretty, my tongue tends to slip sometime. James said before bill had to leave. Have a good day! He turned to rock and tried to think of something to talk about while they waited for Noah to wake up. So...... What's it like, fixing a lot of cypets? I bet you've seen a bunch of cool mods.
"It's fun. I've seen a lot of cool mods." Rock replied. "Recently I saw a mod that could create snow."
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Good. Have you any security protocols which may interfere with the repairs or anything else I should be aware of prior to beginning the procedure" asks Todd, selecting the appropriate jawpiece from the cupboard and holding it up to Lily to check for size.

"I am a droid, incapable of feeling emotion or forming attachments." denies Kelly.

~~@~~@~~
"Who are you two and how did you get down here?" Bill demands of the two newcomers.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Too consumed in the conversation he was in, Avery failed to notice the otter mention the type of transportation they were about to embark on. Only moments before they took off from the ground did the dog register what the driver was saying, and he didn't even have the time to say "Wait what?!", before they were airborne.

It took a few seconds after they took off for Avery to notice his fur was bristling and he had a death grip on his seat belt. If his face wasn't already covered in white, it surely would have paled.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Ashe's eyes went wide with amazement. "Woohoo, we're flying in a car! This is SOOO COOOOOL!" She was feeling giddy with excitement, her tail tip twitching furiously next to her left leg.

John, on the other hand, took everything calmly: he had heard of Atlas Co.'s flying transportation from his colleagues back on Earth, and he was certainly no stranger to domestic personal air travel. He WAS feeling a little worried when he glanced to his left and saw the white dog looking pale with shock. "hEY, yOU oKAY tHERE, aVERY? yOU dON'T lOOK sO gOOD," he buzzed.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Avery slowly regained his composure, his fur eventually lying flat.
"I'm... Fine." The dog responded, nodding his head. For a brief moment his ears flattened. "Just not... Used to flying."
It was true, Avery didn't spend much time in the air, and when his work took him to different states even the slightest turbulence unnerved him. And much like others who have a fear of Heights, it's not so much the falling as it is the crashing. The main difference being, if you manage to fall while on level ground, you can always pick yourself up.

"Your daughter seems to be handling it well." Avery commented, noting the cat's enthusiasm. He almost felt envious of the ease in which Ashe took to suddenly being in the air.
"Do you guys fly around a lot?" The dog inquired, the question being asked to both of them.

Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

*This is a hover car. Taking off is as smooth as an elevator rising. I'll slow down so you don't get sick.*
Orion just sat quietly, disliking the private limo. He prefered Taxi's and people over the droids in his limo's.
---
Most droids are programmed with emotion. Although, emotions in a droid can be powered off upon request. Hinata replied.
---
I say, dear fellow. I was just following my partner's tracker. I didn't mean to disturb you. Come on, Basil, lets leave the nice friendly vets alone to do their job!
And with that, Boss dragged Basil out of the room.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"aH yES, bEING uP iN tHE aIR cAN bE dISCONCERTING to sOME," John noted. "i rEMEMBER mY fIRST tIME tRAVELLING tHROUGH a wORMHOLE, i tURNED gREEN aND cONVULSED sEVERAL tIMES."

When the capped dog forwarded the question to both father and daughter, Ashe looked at him. "Yeah, I love flying, I never had the chance to fly when I was on Earth! I love being up in the air, even as a cat without wings!" She flashed her infectious smile at him.

John caught the bug, and squinted his eyes in a grin. "yOU sHOULD sEE hER wHEN wE fIRST fLEW iN aN aIRPLANE, sHE wAS sHOUTING wITH jOY aLL tHE wAY sO mUCH tHAT mY sUPE--" The alien stopped himself. "--i mEAN, mY cOLLEAGUE hAD hIS fINGERS iN hIS eARS hALFWAY tHROUGH tHE fLIGHT."

Ashe tilted her head again. "Really? I thought his ears were just very itchy that day, itchy ears drive me up the wall too."

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

The silent Caeruleus struggled to keep his balance as he stood to survey the vehicle and the passing environment
69eist

Post by 69eist »

"What are you talking about? I've been standing here the entire time."

Basil struggles as he is forced out. "Wait a minute. Noooo DALE!"

".......Bas......"
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Bill sends one of his nurses to keep the two cops in the hall while he works and another to fetch Rock.
"Hello, Dale. Welcome back to the land of the living. I'm Bill, your vet. How do you feel?" He attaches adn inflates a blood pressure cuff around Dale's arm, checking the IV line in his other arm while the machine works.
The nurse takes the elevator up to where Rock is still with James.
"Excuse me, gentlemen. Mr. Gla'cia, Bill needs your expertise downstairs with another cypet. If you would please accompany me, I'll take you to him. Sorry, again, Mr. Walker."

~~~@@~~~
"... All right. You got me." admits Kelly. "Don't tell him, OK?"

Todd selects from the spare parts the ones he needs. "These should work. Is there somewhere we can make a bit of mess? I also need a welder or laser if you have one."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hinata nods and smiles.

Eric and I have welding crystals in our foreheads. Lilly replied.
Or we can just use the soldering iron I'm using. Eric said, and then rolled the psuedo skin down his arm.
Alright, Lilly, take a seat. Eric instructed as he pulled out the hard light floor cover.
Lilly sat in the chair and awaited repairs.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Hm? Oh, sure." Rock said. He turned towards James. "I guess I'll talk to you later." he said. Rock then followed the nurse.
-------
Dust was enjoying the hovering ride just about the same way Ashe was. "Wow! This is so cool!" Dust exclaimed.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Avery found himself laughing lightly at Ashe's remark, though he wasn't sure if she was being sarcastic or not.
After the laughter died down the dog looked down at his own hands on his lap. He seemed more relaxed now, but it was clear the dog was still avoiding the temptation to look out the window.
He could get how people and pets loved flying through the air. The ability to do what they couldn't do on their own (unless they grew wings). There was that sensation of freedom, the wind whistling through your fur, all that great jazz. He could understand that.
"I guess I'm just more comfortable knowing there's solid ground under my feet." That if he fell, he could always pick himself back up. Avery gave Ashe a shrug and a 'what are you to do' look. He wanted to feel what people felt when they loved being in the air (and were in the air), but he had long ago accepted he just wasn't one of those people.

Because of the previous conversation he couldn't help but grin when he heard Dust's own enthusiasm.

Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Finally, the limousine landed.
*Thank you for riding! Have a great day!* The driver said. Orion opened the door and got out of the car.
Alright, we're home. Now to find Avery's dad.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That would be even better. Do you need a hand with your repairs?" enquires Todd.

~~@@~~@@~~
The nurse takes Roc back down into the isolation room to where Dale is lying.
"Dale, this is Mr. Gla'cia. Rock, this is Dale. He's lost control of his mods and ended up with hypothermia and mild frostbite. We need to to take a look ad figure out what went wrong and stop it from reoccurring if possible." explains Bill, comfortable taking a little more time about things now that Dale is stable.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Oh yea, see you later! James said to rock before he left. He sat at the seat next to Noah's bed and pulled out his phone to play Pokemon purple, having nothing better to do while waiting for Noah to wake up.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yeah, if you could lend me a hand, that would be great!
Eric then stared at Lilly up and down.
We need to take your psuedo skin off to remove the jaw. Todd, get the psuedo removal tool from the desk next to me. It looks like a pizza cutter, but hardlight.
Lilly felt embarrassed that all her friends would be watching her undress.
Everyone who isn't helping, please leave. Eric instructed.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Dale!" Rock exclaimed, running over to where the fox was. "It's good to see that you're okay." he said. Rock turned towards Bill. "I've looked at his mods before and I couldn't figure them out, but after seeing them work, I think I can figure it out now."
-------------------
"Already? That was fast." Dust said, getting out of the limo.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, you know him already? Good. That'll save some time. I've got him stable, medically speaking. We just need you to get the hardware under control now. Let us know if you need anything. Right now I'd better talk to the other visitors who are waiting outside." Leaving Dale in the care of the nurses while he's stable, Bill heads out to the two cops wtill waiting in the corridor.
"Sorry about my abrupt manner before. I have to deal with one crisis at a time though and at that time priority went to the patient. We can talk properly now. I'm Bill Tranter, one of the vets here. Who might you two be and how did you get down here? I think you said you came in with the medics? If so, I must have missed you in the heat of the moment." Bill directs this last statement at Basil.

~~~@~~~
"Surely it's not necessary to remove the whole skin? Surely she could just peel back the head piece? I don't need to access the whole jaw anyway - just the area around that particular joint." Kelly, used to obeying orders, begins to comply with Eric's instructions despite Todd's query.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

With normal anidroids, yes, but with cheap ones like us? We only have a one piece psuedo skin. Eric replied.
Hinata then began following Kelly.
---
Well, we were flying. Orion replied, helping the pink ani-droid out of the car.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah. I see. I must say, they've done a good job of you if you're only cheap." Todd spies a blanket folded on a shelf in a cupboard left open during the search and pulls it out. Unfolding it, he hold it up high and stretches it out.
"You can get changed behind this and then use it to wrap yourself in, Lily." he suggests, making sure that he can't see around it and using his jet propulsion units to float a few inches off the floor to give the blanket maximum height.

"Well... What shall we do while we wait?" asks Kelly after she closes the door.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

It looks like someone is about to come in, and nobody is at the reception desk. Should we stay, or go somewhere else?
---
Eric took the psuedo skin remover and began to undo Lilly's skin.
The blanket would block her cooling fans.
If your uncomfortable seeing another droids clockwork, then I suggest you leave. Otherwise, pass me the clamps over there.
Eric waited for Todd's reaction before continuing the removal of the skin.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"We can't help them so we should go." suggests Kelly.

"It was for her comfort, not mine, Sir." points out Todd stiffly as he passes Eric the clamps with a foot, keeping the blanket held high and floatign under the power of just one propulsion unit.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Sorry, Todd. I raised my "strictness level" for the riot, tryng to keep everything in line. My patience has literally been worn thin.
Eric set the clamps on his lap, then leaned over to Lilly.
Do you need more privacy? I can do this myself, if I install the arms to my body. Eric offered.
No, it takes too long to remove. I'll just shut down while you work so I'm not embarrassed.
And with that, Lilly's eyes went black.
Eric then began to peel away the psuedo skin.
Alright, you can put the blanket down. Help me move her arms out of the psuedo.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

MrNeonShot wrote:Finally, the limousine landed.
*Thank you for riding! Have a great day!* The driver said. Orion opened the door and got out of the car.
Alright, we're home. Now to find Avery's dad.
Ashe did a small faux pout. "Aww, it's over already? Too bad!" After Orion led Rosie out, she picked up the silent Caeruleus and placed him back on his shoulder, before clambering out herself. She then went to Dust and held his paws. "Maybe we can ride another one sometimes?"

"eRM..." John was again perplexed: not having limbs is a big nuisance sometimes! "aVERY, cAN yOU hELP mE oUT?" he said to the white dog, almost apologetic.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The seatbelt automatically unbuckles for John.
*You may need to move the belt around your head, But I've got you unbuckled.* The otter informed.
Orion waited for everyone to get out of the limo.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"It's OK. Shall we do your arm first so you can work properly?" enquires Todd, dropping the blanket and landing softly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Technology.". Avery commented with a grin, moving the buckle out of the way for the alien.
The dog then made his day out of the car and onto solid ground. He then started looking around for his Dad, as if he might be in the near vicinity.
"Hey, Orion, you think everyone's inside the building or...?"

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Caeruleus clung tightly to Ashe's shoulder, disoriented
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

He'd most likely be inside. Follow me, and we'll ask the receptionist!
Orion then began to walk into the building.
---
((I just realized my contradiction of Lilly's psuedo skin... Okay, I'll work around it.))
Eric looked at his naked arm.
I've gotta strip this psuedo skin. How about you work on unfastening her jaw while I do that? Make sure to clamp the voicebox to the back of the mouth. Eric replied.
---
Hinata nodded, then walked around the desk. She stopped short of bumping into Orion.
S-sorry! I didn't see you there.
No no, it's fine. Do you know where the receptionist is? Orion asked, looking past the rabbit.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Need a paw getting it off yourself, Sir, or shall I just start on Lily?

"He's currently undergoing repairs out the back. Is there something we can help you with instead?" enquires Kelly, stepping out from behind the rabbit.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Repairs? How did he get hurt? Orion asked.
---
Eric didn't hear the question because he was too busy mumbling in binary code.
10011... Got it! 10001110! Eric's metal body fell out of the charging quarters.
He stood, quickly opened the male closet, grabbed a skin, then ran back to the charging room.
Start with her back, then work the legs of the psuedo off. I'll help with the arms and head when I'm done. Eric replied.
---
((Did I reply for Boss?))
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

kurowolfe wrote:Ashe did a small faux pout. "Aww, it's over already? Too bad!" After Orion led Rosie out, she picked up the silent Caeruleus and placed him back on his shoulder, before clambering out herself. She then went to Dust and held his paws. "Maybe we can ride another one sometimes?"

"eRM..." John was again perplexed: not having limbs is a big nuisance sometimes! "aVERY, cAN yOU hELP mE oUT?" he said to the white dog, almost apologetic.
"Sounds like a good idea." Dust told Ashe.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Does... Anybody here know how that vehicle flew?" Caeruleus squeaked, starting to show more personality
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Standard hovercraft technology... possibly a more eco friendly engine, if thats possible. Rosie replied.
I think 200 miles to the gallon is enough, but adding a more effective solar power to the car? Gas would just be in case of emergency. That, and attaching a wind generator to the inside? I think the planet is in no danger of exploding.
Rosie paused.
My dad is into earth vehicles... she explained.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

James had just finished a battle when Noah opened his eyes, gasped and quickly sat up before taking some deap breaths like he just saw a particularly scary jump scare. NOAH! What's wrong!?! James asked with shock and worry. I just had a horrid dream. There were three large shadowy beings standing over me and I couldn't move . They said I was taking too long to heal and they needed to get some "game" moving faster. They were looking at me like I was a drawing of some character in a RP they were playing. It kinda made me doubt something about myself. I'm just glad I woke up.
(OOC: what fourth wall? :D )
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh, you know him already? Good. That'll save some time. I've got him stable, medically speaking. We just need you to get the hardware under control now. Let us know if you need anything. Right now I'd better talk to the other visitors who are waiting outside." Leaving Dale in the care of the nurses while he's stable, Bill heads out to the two cops wtill waiting in the corridor.
"Sorry about my abrupt manner before. I have to deal with one crisis at a time though and at that time priority went to the patient. We can talk properly now. I'm Bill Tranter, one of the vets here. Who might you two be and how did you get down here? I think you said you came in with the medics? If so, I must have missed you in the heat of the moment." Bill directs this last statement at Basil.
Rock started to mess with the insides of Dale's legs, seeing how they work. Eventually, Rock got things as normal as he could figure out. "I've put things back to normal as best as I could, considering I'm not well versed in this type of mod." he said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Caeruleus nodded and scanned the car once more before hunkering down for movement