HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

valerio wrote:Upon hearing those words, the rat beamed. "Now I think I know why your b-friend is in love with you, Mr. Bunny. About time talent got recognized."
"I appreciate clever defenses," Buster replied. "If you can't beat them, make them believe you can."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Still weird: the pup should be the clever predator, instead he's the brawn, while you're the brains. I think you two will make for an interesting life. Now shall we go? I still must eat and I don't think you're gonna kindly die on me, right?"
Janus chuckled. "Sorry, we won't. How about some turkey sandwich instead? And if I know Mom, she must have filled part of the fridge with vegetables product already."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Hey Gage, let me try something with that glass," Miles said, "Can you hold it out?"
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

xhunterko wrote:"Hey Gage, let me try something with that glass," Miles said, "Can you hold it out?"
"Uh... sure I guess." Gage held the glass out.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Now, don't let go and let me know when it's too cold," Miles said. Then he reached over and touched the cup. Attempting to feel it. Hoping that, if his theory was correct, his glass was about to get much colder.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

kurowolfe wrote:"Thanks, Siren," Grace said. "Come everyone, to the living room."

Once she was there with the rest, she announced, "Sorry for the wait, here are some egg rolls and sweetened Oolong tea." She set the tray down and after waiting for Siren to place the jug onto the coffee table, took the jug and started pouring the iced tea into each glass tumbler. She then opened the lids to the two tall containers, revealing [urhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biscuit_roll]long thin biscuits rolled into a cigarette shape[/url].

"Help yourself everyone, don't be shy!" the ermine beamed at everyone, then addressed Hubert. "I thought the tea would suit you too, shifu. Wrong colour though, heh."

((OOC: Oolong, or Wu Long as it is written in Chinese, means 'black dragon'))
Lyn had spaced out until he heard Grace talk about drinks and food. "Hm? Oh, thanks." he said, grabbing one of the glasses and drinking some of the tea.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"Still weird: the pup should be the clever predator, instead he's the brawn, while you're the brains. I think you two will make for an interesting life. Now shall we go? I still must eat and I don't think you're gonna kindly die on me, right?"
Janus chuckled. "Sorry, we won't. How about some turkey sandwich instead? And if I know Mom, she must have filled part of the fridge with vegetables product already."
"We're still probably going to need to take you to the vet to get some shots, standard procedure for living up here," Buster said to the rat.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:Hubert nodded. "Your offer is well-meant and I do appreciate the choice, my child. Alas, as a spiritual being I have left behind all needs for foods and beverages. Please, consider your offer accepted just as a sacrifice to the spirits. I am pleased."
"Oh, my apologies, I forgot about that," Grace said. "Glad you liked the idea though."
Seth wrote:Gage took one of the tumblers and began to sip on his tea. "Thanks, I really appreciate the hospitality. I haven't had good tea in a while."
"That's good to hear, I can always make some more if we run out," she said, taking an egg roll and eating it slowly.
She had wanted to about their plans for the picnic, but Miles' experiment piqued her interest, so she observed both of them instead.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Once Riley had followed into the living room he took a small sniff of the hot tea before instead picking up an egg roll and chewing it thoughtfully. "Only had egg rolls a few times in the past but they are good, thank you Grace."
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"We're still probably going to need to take you to the vet to get some shots, standard procedure for living up here," Buster said to the rat.
Borgus threw his arms up in the air. "Aaaand that's how you gain bad karma, bunny! You have suffered this torture, right? You should *side* with me!"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Karma, like for planning to let us die to eat us?" Buster asked. "And the shot doesn't hurt much, you'll forget all about in a few hours."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus had produced his phone and was calling the veterinarian. He then flipped the phone shut. "Done! I've set an appointment at the study, they are expecting us within the hour. And no food before the visit."
Borgus sighed dramatically. "I am surrounded by monsters."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

sunauto wrote:Once Riley had followed into the living room he took a small sniff of the hot tea before instead picking up an egg roll and chewing it thoughtfully. "Only had egg rolls a few times in the past but they are good, thank you Grace."
"yes this is very good , thank you Grace" Serenade agreed , smiling while chewing on one of the egg rolls "If only I could make something in return"
xhunterko wrote:"Now, don't let go and let me know when it's too cold," Miles said. Then he reached over and touched the cup. Attempting to feel it. Hoping that, if his theory was correct, his glass was about to get much colder.
Good news for Miles , his theory really did work , bad news is , it worked......too well , the glass got too cold too fast , so much that the tea inside almost became ice , and the cup itself cracked.
At the same time , Serenade's left arm got another shock , making the fox let out a small yelp and cough uncontrollably after she chocked on the egg rolls.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

serence ice fox wrote: Good news for Miles , his theory really did work , bad news is , it worked......too well , the glass got too cold too fast , so much that the tea inside almost became ice , and the cup itself cracked.
At the same time , Serenade's left arm got another shock , making the fox let out a small yelp and cough uncontrollably after she chocked on the egg rolls.
"####!" Gage dropped the glass with a yelp. He quickly picked it up before any of the frozen tea could melt onto the floor. "Well Miles, mission accomplished I guess. "
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: Was sort of hoping Valerio would control the outcome of that oh well.

ic:

"OH JEEZE!" Miles said, rearing back his hand too late.

"Gosh darn it," he said, examining the glass.

"Sorry Grace, and Serenade. I guess I still need to be much, much, much more careful about things," he said.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:Janus had produced his phone and was calling the veterinarian. He then flipped the phone shut. "Done! I've set an appointment at the study, they are expecting us within the hour. And no food before the visit."
Borgus sighed dramatically. "I am surrounded by monsters."
"We should probably talk with your mom about the drama queen here," Buster said. "Don't want her finding a random rat in her house without warning."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

xhunterko wrote:ooc: Was sort of hoping Valerio would control the outcome of that oh well.

ic:

"OH JEEZE!" Miles said, rearing back his hand too late.

"Sorry Grace, and Serenade. I guess I still need to be much, much, much more careful about things," he said.
"It's *cough* it's ok , no problem Miles* Serenade said , still coughing a little , then after the coughing died down a little , the fox reached back to her tail and took out a lantern , which still had a small , flickering light inside , placing it down on the table next to her , and then resume the conversation "So that's what you've been practicing Miles ?"

(OCC : yeah sorry about that , I sort of noticed your intention but Vale hadn't replied to that yet so......I'll be more careful next time ^^")
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"OH JEEZE!" Miles said, rearing back his hand too late.
serence ice fox wrote:"It's *cough* it's ok , no problem Miles* Serenade said , still coughing a little , then after the coughing died down a little , the fox reached back to her tail and took out a lantern , which still had a small , flickering light inside , placing it down on the table next to her , and then resume the conversation "So that's what you've been practicing Miles ?"
(OOC - know what's funny? I was sure *you* two had tried the scene before writing, so I was actually waiting for the outcome *giggles*)
Hubert appeared over their heads. "He has been practicing physical interaction with the material world." He looked at the pieces of glass and tea ice on the pavement. "Still with scarce results, I see. You see, mortals, the reason the tea froze is that interaction causes a massive exchange of environmental energy, and thus an entropic imbalance, since Miles must literally win gravity and other forces to 'grab' an object -whereas a mortal body needs but a modicum from its own tissues and bones to exert mechanical work."
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"We should probably talk with your mom about the drama queen here," Buster said. "Don't want her finding a random rat in her house without warning."
Janus shrugged. "By now and by law, the vet must've warned her, since we're not allowed to own our own pets. So I guess either we'll find her there, or we'll have to wait until she shows up. She's a lawyer, you know?" the wolfdog added to the rat.
Borgus threw up his arms. "Is there *anyone* normal in your family?!? What will be next? That 'buns' here is actually a carnivore??"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: @serence ice fox Heh, it's turned out okay so all good. Next time I'll be a bit more clear.

ic:

"Yeah, just lifting and picking up stuff," Miles said, "Plus some interaction with Grace. What'd I do wrong? I just wanted to cool the glass a little bit."
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Physical matter is essentially empty: Contact would not occur, were it not for the electron charge, which creates an efficient field. Since you are a coherent energy field, the only way for you to perform even a simple thing like contact implies recreating that charge. And to do that, you must subtract vast quantities of energy from the environment. And then, if you tried to move matter you would need even more energy to simulate a mechanical body work. It is not a fault on your side, Miles, mind me: But being a ghost implies...limitations. I am sorry." And that last sentence was spoken with sympathy, a rare display of feelings from the spiritual dragon's side. "But if you still want to, I can teach you how to overcome those limitations."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:Janus shrugged. "By now and by law, the vet must've warned her, since we're not allowed to own our own pets. So I guess either we'll find her there, or we'll have to wait until she shows up. She's a lawyer, you know?" the wolfdog added to the rat.
Borgus threw up his arms. "Is there *anyone* normal in your family?!? What will be next? That 'buns' here is actually a carnivore??"
"Don't be ridiculous, he eats veggies too," Tara said jokingly.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Borgus' ears fell down, his nose twitching. "You're not the dragon."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles seemed to think for a moment. As if the suggestion had something much more implied behind it. Then he shrugged.

"Sure. Worth it," he said, "But wasn't that what we were doing?"
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Grace smiled some more listening to Serena's and Riley's compliments. "Thank you, this is made by Timmy's grandmother back in Malaysia. Family recipe."

When the tumbler in Gage's paw cracked and he dropped the whole thing, Grace shrieked. "Eeek! Everyone, bring your feet up! The glass pieces would hurt if stepped. Riley, place that ice into the tray!" With that, she rushed to the kitchen to get cleaning supplies, dancing around any glass shards she saw.

Soon, she returned with a broom and dustpan, a pail and several cotton parchment. She quickly knelt on the floor, careful to avoid anything sharp, and started sweeping the shards up. She then took one of the parchments and wiped the floor with both paws pressed onto it, going in arcs to pick up any remaining mini-shards. She repeated this twice, before using the last one, which was soaked with water, to clean the sticky floor. At the end of this exercise, the floor looked like normal again, apart from being a little damp.

The ermine stood up, and picked up the ice block and threw it into the pail. She cleaned everything back in the kitchen, and returned with a new tumbler, pouring some tea and passing it to the corgi.

She raised an eyebrow when she saw the blue fox pulled out a lantern, of all things, from her tail, but kept mum about it. Nor did she say anything as Hubert explained the situation and the reason why it happened to everyone. Only some small nods showed that she was listening at all, and her intrigue piqued.

"Isn't this where I come in? As a medium, I mean. He could simply enter my body and use me to interact with things and stuff. Bypassing the immense need for energy to do so otherwise," she queried.

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hubert nodded to both Grace and Miles. To the ghost, he said, "That is one way to circumvent the limit. If properly managed, training could even lead to a solution of mutual benefit."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:Borgus' ears fell down, his nose twitching. "You're not the dragon."
"Very perceptive," Tara replied. "He's Janus' guardian spirit. I came with bunny boy."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

At that point, Borgus did the only reasonable thing: he fainted.
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

kurowolfe wrote:Grace smiled some more listening to Serena's and Riley's compliments. "Thank you, this is made by Timmy's grandmother back in Malaysia. Family recipe."

When the tumbler in Gage's paw cracked and he dropped the whole thing, Grace shrieked. "Eeek! Everyone, bring your feet up! The glass pieces would hurt if stepped. Riley, place that ice into the tray!" With that, she rushed to the kitchen to get cleaning supplies, dancing around any glass shards she saw.

Soon, she returned with a broom and dustpan, a pail and several cotton parchment. She quickly knelt on the floor, careful to avoid anything sharp, and started sweeping the shards up. She then took one of the parchments and wiped the floor with both paws pressed onto it, going in arcs to pick up any remaining mini-shards. She repeated this twice, before using the last one, which was soaked with water, to clean the sticky floor. At the end of this exercise, the floor looked like normal again, apart from being a little damp.

The ermine stood up, and picked up the ice block and threw it into the pail. She cleaned everything back in the kitchen, and returned with a new tumbler, pouring some tea and passing it to the corgi.

She raised an eyebrow when she saw the blue fox pulled out a lantern, of all things, from her tail, but kept mum about it. Nor did she say anything as Hubert explained the situation and the reason why it happened to everyone. Only some small nods showed that she was listening at all, and her intrigue piqued.

"Isn't this where I come in? As a medium, I mean. He could simply enter my body and use me to interact with things and stuff. Bypassing the immense need for energy to do so otherwise," she queried.
As the glass of what was now ice fell and shattered on the ground he gave a quick yelp at the sharp noise. Once he had recovered from the initial shock he did as Grace asked and put the ice on the tray while doing his best to avoid any of the glass on the ground.

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:At that point, Borgus did the only reasonable thing: he fainted.
"Should have saved that for later," Buster said. "He'll probably wake up again before the shots."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

kurowolfe wrote:Grace smiled some more listening to Serena's and Riley's compliments. "Thank you, this is made by Timmy's grandmother back in Malaysia. Family recipe."

Gage took the new glass from Grace and took a drink. "So if you're a medium did you know this place was some kind of hotbed for uh... your area of expertise before you came here? Or was that just a coincidence?"
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:Hubert nodded to both Grace and Miles. To the ghost, he said, "That is one way to circumvent the limit. If properly managed, training could even lead to a solution of mutual benefit."
Grace smiled at the cat. "We can train together, no problem-lah! I'm sure we'll make a good team!"
Seth wrote:Gage took the new glass from Grace and took a drink. "So if you're a medium did you know this place was some kind of hotbed for uh... your area of expertise before you came here? Or was that just a coincidence?"
"I never knew anything about Applegate being a hotspot," Grace answered. "Timmy never told me about being very sensitive towards spiritual possession, he only told me that I have a weak body and some bad feng shui. In fact, I had some trouble believing I was one when shifu, Miles, Siren and Duke here told me."

She took a glance towards her partner's bedroom. "He could have told me about it though, wonder why..."

And at that exact moment, some groans were heard from said bedroom, and some more shuffling in bed, before the sound of footsteps can be heard.

"Oh, Timmy's awake. That's early," she remarked. Then she remembered something. "Shifu, you might want to hide yourself, I don't think Timmy has ever seen a dragon in real life, and it might cause some shock to him woh. You too Miles!"

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hubert nodded. Without a word, he faded away.
---
"If you wished so," Hubert said to Janus and Buster, "I could transport you to the physician before our common acquaintance recovers from the shock."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"He's seen me once, still though, best not risk it," Miles said, blinking out of vision.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Just as both dragon and cat disappeared from sight, Timmy walked into the living room, looking disheveled and sloppy. At first, he didn't even notice the crowd around the coffee table as he groggily floated towards the kitchen to get a drink. Once there though, he did a double take.

"Erk!" He squeaked looking at all the eyes looking at him, and he ran back towards his room, closing the door behind him. Some shuffling, sounds of water splashing, a bump and some swearing, then the door opened back. The man, now looking a little more groomed but still in his sleeping gear, returned to the living room.

In the mean time, Grace took the artefacts and placed them under the table.

"Urm, hey everyone," he sheepishly said. Noticing Grace, he smiled. "You OK now ah, Mei Mei? Any bad dreams or anything?"

"Ya, Ah Kong. No, no bad dreams," she replied. Pouring another tumbler of ice tea, she passed it to Timmy, who took it and sat down on the floor near the table.

"You guys came so soon woh, took me by surprise there! I'm glad Mei Mei's awake, or you guys might be left hanging outside!"

The ermine smiled. "Ya lor, and I thought you were going to sleep longer, Ah Kong."

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Yes I'm sorry that we came in a rather....inconvenient time , it's just that all of us were concerned about Grace , and wanted to check up on her as soon as possible" Serenade said , smiling a little bit
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"If you wished so," Hubert said to Janus and Buster, "I could transport you to the physician before our common acquaintance recovers from the shock."
"Are you sure that wouldn't wake him up?" Buster asked. "Teleportation is pretty intense."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus let his arm slip into Buster's. "I think we'd do with a nice, romantic walk. Thanks, Hub."
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

"We all kinda agreed to come at once since we were all pretty worried for her. But if you need us too we could always leave, I'm sure it wouldn't be too much of a problem." He looked around the group hoping that he hadn't put anyone into any corners or anything.

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

sunauto wrote:"We all kinda agreed to come at once since we were all pretty worried for her. But if you need us too we could always leave, I'm sure it wouldn't be too much of a problem." He looked around the group hoping that he hadn't put anyone into any corners or anything.
Gage nodded in agreement, "Yeah we didn't mean to impose or anything. You can kick us out if you need to. "
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Timmy looked alarmed, shaking his head frantically. "Nononono, I never said anything about asking you guys to leave-lah! I just said I'm glad that Mei Mei is awake, or you might be stuck outside woh!" Taking a sip of iced tea to calm himself down, he continued, "In fact, I'm happy that you guys came! We never had any visitors up to now, and I'm worried that both of us would be outcasts here." He laughed at his rather morbid joke, to show that he was just kidding.

Grace squinted one eye in disapproval. "Ah Kong ah, don't say things like that-lah! You're inviting bad karma!"

The lanky man scratched his head. "Aiya, just joking-lah! No harm intended."

"Haih, What am I to do with you?" the ermine sighed, with a diminutive smile. Facing everyone again, she said, "As you can see, Timmy here can act silly at times, so don't mind him. But as he said, you're our first guests, and guests are always welcome in a Chia household. Asking you guys to leave would be like asking for trouble from our ancestors."

"Well, that's out of the way. Now I want to ask: how about the picnic tonight? Is it still on meh?"