Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

69eist

Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Post by 69eist »

Count me in.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yay! 7!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

sorry, Fallout. I know my explanations aren't that clear.
The best way to know is by experience.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

I understand. Do you guys know any good RPs for a beginner?
I'm losing my grip on sanity one finger at a time.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The redwall one sounds like the most simple.
The next would be Richmond Acres, but they aren't accepting applicants at this time.
as far as I know, everything else has a complicated twist to it.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

Looks like I'm in a pickle.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Fallout otter wrote:Looks like I'm in a pickle.
A good rule of thumb is to follow the rules of improv. Some of these are:
Always say Yes And or No But
Go with the flow
Make your partner look good

If you want explanations of these rules I'd be glad to provide them.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

And it may be an idea to watch Richmond Acres so you can see and read how we interplay with each other.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That's also why I think the mods should allow more PF-RPs. They're the draw-card here because they're more unique to these forums and they're fun for players with all levels of experience. That and the fact that the ones we have are full. Oh well.

I reckon I could fit another player in 17th Century Fox, if you're interested, Fallout Otter. 17CF is simple enough really. We sail around on a ship, exploring island and having fun. You might get the odd order from the captain of the ship but aside from that it's quite simple. ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

I would like that. But I'll need awhile to come up with a character.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

So I guess I'm soliciting character sheets for the Redwall RP.

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

No problem. There's no rush. ;)

Should we make Redwall characters now or wait until the mods approve the RP? As far as I can see, with Fallout Otter interested too that makes 8 people which is more then enough to start.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:actually you need to gather interest in the main OOC first, get some character sheets from interested players. Then you can make the OOC and in character threads at the same time when a mod approves it.
I'm assuming I should collect some character sheets first. In a little while I'll post something about how to use the default character sheet to make a Redwall character for the RP.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sounds good. I assume we're using the normal SPECIAL stats system?

I'm sitting in the airport and about to get on a plane but I'll be able to post the sheet in about 6-7 hours when I get where I'm going and get set up again. ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Yes we are. I'll edit this post shortly to include the general way to make a character. Have fun on your flight.

-Name-
Anything within reason. Keep in mind that many Redwall names are European, specifically older English. Last names are also extremely uncommon. If you're shot for a name this is helpful.

-Character Type-
Same as default.

-Species-
The following are allowed as main characters:Mice, Voles, Moles, Hares, Rabbits, Squirrels, Otters, Badgers, Hedgehogs, Shrews, Pikas* Beavers**, Foxes***
*This is a Pika. While they never appeared in Redwall they are found on the British Isles and fit the scale of the creatures.
**While there is only the Solitary Beaver in Redwall, beavers have been reintroduced to Great Britain.
***Foxes are typically considered vermin in the books, but for the purposes of this RP they are not. They are still highly mistrusted and disliked by non-vermin and often ally with vermin, but not always.
Further note:Animals that are not native to the British Isles can be played with permission from the Game Master and the other players. Keep in mind however they are foreigners and thus A.Will be treated as strange creatures by those native to the land, and B.Will have an accent that does not come from the British Isles.

-Age-
Redwall animals seem to age like humans, and so use a human scale. That being said, this being the middle ages, different age rules apply. 15 is the age of majority, when one can be said to be an adult. Characters younger than 13 suffer from the restrictions placed on younger characters by the default rules. Characters older than 65 are considered old for the purpose of the default rules, and their SPECIAL stats are affected accordingly.

-Neighborhood-
Redwall

-Appearance-
Same as the default rules. Keep in mind that Redwall characters wear clothing, so describing the general theme or their clothing (Rich, Bight, Dull, Rundown, Mismatched, etc) is a good idea.
For reference these might help your character.

-Personality-
Same as the default rules, except you must include a distinct motivation. This can be simple as "Character's main motivation in life is goodness, justice, greed, safety, stability, duty, adventure, wanderlust, glory, etc."

-Background-
Yes, a background is required. It doesn't have to be extensive but it should give a few detail about the character. After all, anyone who is not a newborn has had some life experience worth writing about.

-Other Notes-
Same as the default rules

-SPECIAL-
Same at the default rules. Animals do not gain natural bonuses or penalties according to their species.
Last edited by WeirdGamer on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Thanks. Will do. ;) See you all soon.

Also, WG, Piper texted Lucky over in RA. ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Can you explain the red wall RP again? sorry I cant find your initial post about it.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

The Redwall RP would be a roleplay set in the Redwall world from the Redwall books series. Information here and here. You don't need much knowledge of the series to participate though.

Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

Dang it my Redwall character is a stoat, that puts a damper on things. On another note, what time period is the Redwall RP going to be, I would imagine after the last book.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

I have no problem with a stoat if no one else does. And yes it takes place after the last book.

Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

Thanks
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

wow.....for some reason my sleepy eyes read "toast" instead of "stoat" :lol:
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hey, Toast is a very noble species!

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

and of course , well known , and loved by all :lol:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

There was a ferret who was raised at the abbey (Redwall) but he turned out bad. However, there was a searat who turned out to be a good guy so I suppose we could have some of the stereotypes broken. I would like to see us follow the Redwall cannon to some extent though so I think people that have characters like that should be the exception rather than the rule. We should also note that Redwall creatures do not routinely carry weapons as they are a peaceful community however when called to defend the abbey they will make good use of whatever comes to paw.

Weird: in the books, there are species predispositions to certain activities: squirrels to climbing, otters to swimming, badgers to strength, hares to fighting...Are we allowed to play to these strengths or did you just mean that we can't change the stats to accommodate these talents?

Name: Brumble Oakbrush
Neighbourhood: Redwall
Description: Tall and lanky, Brumble has pale fur for a red squirrel. Although she wears the green habit of the order for official events, she can normally be seen clad in a deep red vest and pale breeches which allow her to move freely. As she spends a lot of her time in the library and the gatehouse she is often dusty which can make her look even more pale.
Personality/background:Brumble has just finished her apprenticeship as the Abbey Recorder and Librarian but despite her new duties she is always up for an adventure. Born and raised at the abbey, she prides herself on knowing all the short cuts and the history of the place. In her capacity as librarian and recorder she is actually quite knowledgeable and she has access to all the old records. Being a squirrel she is a naturally good climber and she is, in fact, descend from Jess Squirrel herself. She is friendly and outgoing and since she was a dibbun (the Redwall creatures' name/word for their children) she has adored reading and delving into the old abbey records so it was only natural that the old librarian should chose her as his replacement. Her main motivation in life is the preservation of her abbey's history and the promotion of the peaceful way of life of all the woodland creatures.
SPECIAL: S4, P7, E7, C6, I8, A7, L3
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

69eist

Post by 69eist »

Name: Givihn Leafreach
Neighborhood: Redwall
Description: Givihn is a yellow-ish Fire and Ice fox. He wears a light brown long scarf and a sand colored vest. He has Hazel eyes and wears a lavender pendant. He's shorter than most foxes but kinda has slightly toned muscles.

Background:He is generally a traveler. He was raised by gypsies but he left to wonder on his own at quite an early age. He is quite resourceful at foraging, exploring, surviving and escaping. Being a fox, he is resourceful and knows how to improvise in almost any situation so he basically is very independent. He also makes his own clothes out of people's discarded garments and he has a way with knives and is a bit of a thief due to some bad influence from his Gypsy family.

Personality: He is quite distant as he likes doing things on his own. He hates listening to over complicated things as he like to keep things simple and easy to explain and do. He also doesn't follow rules if he finds them silly or impractical. He has his own sense of right and wrong and is willing to break the rules to abide to his principles. He doesn't have many friends so he's kinda socially impaired.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.: S-6 P-7 E-5 C-3 I-8 A-8 L-5

Could someone tell me what foxes and any other members of the canine family do in Redwall?
Last edited by 69eist on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

In the Redwall books foxes are normally the bad guys. Foxes are also really the only canines that actually appear in the books. In the first book, Sella and Chickenhound (a vixen and her daughter) were not exactly bad, they were just loyal to whoever had the most money or to whoever they could get the most benefit from. WG wants to break from tradition a little bit in this RP though so we might see a good fox.

By "bad guys" I mean that they were carnivorous and they tried to attack/take over Redwall or the Mossflower woods. The woodlanders and Redwallers were all completely vegan except fro eating the odd fish or shrimp.

Also, in the books, there was no magic. Sure, there were creatures who did conjuring tricks and whatnot but there was no actual magic so Givihn would be just a regular old fox, unless WG wants to change that tradition too.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Neighborhood:redwall

name: trevor vixent litheran

personality:easy going yet serious. he loves a good joke and will talk with anyone he knows. he can be hardy but hes not easily swayed to anger.

look: vixent is a raccoon. he wears a green mottled cloak and carrys his fathers bow and quiver. under the cloak is a leather armor with pockets and pouches filled with many tricks. he also wears guantlets and leg protection thats also leather.

background: vixent and his family have a background for being thieves and rangers but not much is known of them. his parents when vixent was young lived outside in the country. his father was a loyal ranger to the kingdom and his mother was a retired thief. trevor however was an apprentice to both but had a job in the library. here he found books on thieving and tricks and soon became a street performer for firedancing while he learned his familys business. he is now a teenager and both his parents are retired. the kingdom searches for him to join as the kingdom ranger but to no avail. he loves being in the forest many times a day.

S-6
P-9
E-5
I-5
C-6
A-7
L-3
Re-edited and now complete.
Last edited by Hotep the psychic on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Are you aware, Hotep, that because your character is both armoured and armed, the Redwallers and woodland creatures would probably treat him with distrust? Also, in the Redwall books, no one actually owns the woods or the land or anything like that. A creature might build a house and say he owns it and his garden around it but he'd never lay claim to the whole woods. Hence there's no king either. In fact, the characters who call themselves kings or rulers (with the exception of the Badger Lord of Salamandastron) generally are bad guys who get killed. Also, in Redwall world, the only libraries would be in Salamandastron and Redwall itself. Remember, this is a medieval time so paper and parchment are not very common. Creatures may well scrawl messages to each other with charcoal on bits of bark though.
For tht matter, there's no streets for him to perform on. There are paths through the woods and a road in front of the abbey but that's it. The shrews wander and make camps here and there in the woods, and other creatures will have camps or settlements here and there but they tend to be more communal dwellings rather than proper villages. Tehre's not even any mention of currency in the books - although the creatures will trade occasionally, they usually just tend to give freely from what they have.

Again, I don't know how closely WG intends to follow the books but that's how it is in the book so *shrugs*
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I may be interested, given time to think of things.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hotep the psychic

well roo thats some rant considering i have no idea of redwall or read the books so thanks for the rant of info.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'm sorry. I didn't intend that to come across as a rant or aggressive or provocative or anything like that. I was just trying to be helpful. I'm quite a fan of the books, if that wasn't already blatantly obvious.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:In the Redwall books foxes are normally the bad guys. Foxes are also really the only canines that actually appear in the books. In the first book, Sella and Chickenhound (a vixen and her daughter) were not exactly bad, they were just loyal to whoever had the most money or to whoever they could get the most benefit from. WG wants to break from tradition a little bit in this RP though so we might see a good fox.

By "bad guys" I mean that they were carnivorous and they tried to attack/take over Redwall or the Mossflower woods. The woodlanders and Redwallers were all completely vegan except fro eating the odd fish or shrimp.

Also, in the books, there was no magic. Sure, there were creatures who did conjuring tricks and whatnot but there was no actual magic so Givihn would be just a regular old fox, unless WG wants to change that tradition too.
No magic, but foxes are neutral. The main reason for this is that the foxes are largely based on the Romani, and follow the stereotypes associated with Romani culture. Given the stereotypes and all the hardships the Romani people have been through because of them I feel uncomfortable portraying them as all villains.

As for currency and other such things I was thinking of setting this a good deal of time after the last book, maybe a century or so, and having some actual progression of society. Basically gone from the Early Middle Ages to the High Middle Ages. For instance there are settlements outside of Redwall and Salamandastrom. There will be currency floating around, but it could well vary from settlement to settlement. Things aren't completely different though.

Hotep the psychic

so is my character good then? all I did was use what I knew of middle ages and the military structure then and used that as to what my character would be.
ImageImageImage
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Looks fine, at least for now. I'll render final judgement when it's complete. Also not what accent he has.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Imma be an otter.
Otters are cool.

My favorite character was Taggerung, despite his ability to push his morals aside so easily to kill some group of vermin.
I wish he had more face time.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Neighborhood:redwall

name: trevor vixent litheran

personality:easy going yet serious. he loves a good joke and will talk with anyone he knows. he can be hardy but hes not easily swayed to anger.

look: vixent is a raccoon. he wears a green mottled cloak and carrys his fathers bow and quiver. under the cloak is a leather armor with pockets and pouches filled with many tricks. he also wears guantlets and leg protection thats also leather.

background: vixent and his family have a background for being thieves and rangers but not much is known of them. his parents when vixent was young lived outside in the country. his father was a loyal ranger to the kingdom and his mother was a retired thief. trevor however was an apprentice to both but had a job in the library. here he found books on thieving and tricks and soon became a street performer for firedancing while he learned his familys business. he is now a teenager and both his parents are retired. the kingdom searches for him to join as the kingdom ranger but to no avail. he loves being in the forest many times a day.

S-6
P-9
E-5
I-5
C-6
A-7
L-3
Re-edited and now complete.
I'm not familiar with Redwall but I like your character. But I do question the armor and pouches of tricks a little.
My Personas

Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

Name:Aaron Slivercrest

Description: Aaron is a navy blue stoat with purple eyes. He wears a tattered traveling cloak with a shirt of chain mail underneath. He also has a belt for his sword (which he rarely uses) and a pack to carry all his items.

Background: Aaron was formally part of bandit clan in the far north. He never knew his parents and grew up in the clan. Eventually he started realizing what they were doing was wrong and one night he left without a trace and headed south looking for a community that won't judge him because he's a stoat. He only wants a place where he can put his smithing skill to good use. He's sort of become a roving mercenary.

personality: He very kind beast and tries to help any way he can. He his also very shy and doesn't talk much but he usually doesn't have some one to talk to. He's smart but doesn't know how to read or write.

S-7
P-4
E-7
I-6
C-3
A-7
L-5
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

well this is erm....kind of embarrassing :oops: , I......am kind of in a little tiny bit of problem guys
You see I'm in the middle of my , I guess you could say a sort of "internship" this month , I guess , so I'm kind of busy and no really have much time to come up with new character , not to mention my oh so low creativity ^^' , so , I mean I'll try to have a character sheet done as soon as possible don't get me wrong , but worse case scenario , it might have to wait until after two more weeks before I'm free again , sorry WG ^^"
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Not worry Serence. And it looks fine Otter and Hlaoroo.

-Name-
Abram

-Character Type-
Main Character

-Species-
Badger

-Age-
20 Years Old

-Neighborhood-
Redwall

-Appearance-
Abram is slightly short for a badger, but he’s decently muscular. His fur is very dark and kept neatly trimmed. He wears sturdy boots, and a simple brown pants and a tan tunic. He sometimes wears a brown cloak. He almost always wears some sort of wide brimmed hat.

-Personality-
Abram is a wander by nature, always looking for something new over the horizon. He is motivated by wanderlust. He is somewhat a of a loner, but tries to be friendly to those he meets. He is relatively even tempered and tries to keep his anger in check. He tries to help those in need, but can be somewhat greedy.

-Background-
Abram was born near Salamandastron to a family of proud badger warriors. He was the youngest of his family, but unlike his brothers and sisters never had any interest in martial training. Instead, he found nature, travel, and knowledge appealing from a young age. While most of his family tried to be understanding, he was constantly scolded for being a daydreamer and lollygagger. His father eventually succumbed to a disease and Abram finally felt he had a right to leave his family and venture out into the world.

-Other Notes-
He’s a talented woodworker.

He oftens carries a staff as a walking stick.

-SPECIAL-
Strength-7

Perception-6

Endurance-8

Charisma-4

Intelligence-6

Agility-7

Luck-4