Arc #32: The Dog Days of Summer

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Zander

Re: Arc #32: The Dog Days of Summer

Post by Zander »

Anthroguy101 wrote:Oh, come on, people. The plot twists are the very reason I read this comic. I like how we can never expect what happens next, that's what makes it so addicting! The only thing predictable about Housepets! is that it comes out every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I love this arc, and my only concern is whether King will still be King.
I love this arc too, but that doesn't mean you cant make fun of it. :P
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Anthroguy101 wrote:Oh, come on, people. The plot twists are the very reason I read this comic. I like how we can never expect what happens next, that's what makes it so addicting! The only thing predictable about Housepets! is that it comes out every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I love this arc, and my only concern is whether King will still be King.

as stated before,
making king a human again would resolve into the loss of a character, and no one wants that.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Wow, I don't agree with Hitler at all (who woulda thunk?) minus the whole main character drift thing, but that was a pretty great video. Good thing I don't speak German or it probably would have ruined it for me. I also couldn't help but feel sad for him with his last line.

I really doubt this arc will change anything not related to King. When King doesn't show up, it'll basically be as if nothing's ever happened. Heck, even Tarot is most likely going to be the same in every sense except for when King's around, and how often have those two interacted?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

WHERE IS PEANUT!?
ImageImage
ImageImage
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sleet wrote:Wow, I don't agree with Hitler at all (who woulda thunk?) minus the whole main character drift thing, but that was a pretty great video. Good thing I don't speak German or it probably would have ruined it for me. I also couldn't help but feel sad for him with his last line.

I really doubt this arc will change anything not related to King. When King doesn't show up, it'll basically be as if nothing's ever happened. Heck, even Tarot is most likely going to be the same in every sense except for when King's around, and how often have those two interacted?
Your right it most likely won't change anything immediately about anyone but King, but this will come back eventually later on in the comic.
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

I agree with that. Things got back to normal in the space of a single comic after Pete was released for the first time. I won't take back that I didn't really like the direction the comic took the whole King story, (although the update to it was awesome XD) but I will reassert that I wasn't trying to change the comic, and it's Rick's to do with it whatever he chooses. On top of that I accept that it seems to be quite popular, and I'm all for democracy :p
However, I don't think it's wrong to politely state, as a fan, that you didn't particularly like an aspect of the comic. In any case I'm certainly not as opposed to is as Hitler :p
Brilliantly done by the way Zander!
I don't speak German or it probably would have ruined it for me. I also couldn't help but feel sad for him with his last line.
It's originally from Downfall, which is a really good movie, and I saw the original before these memes. Actually perhaps makes it funnier, I think. And oddly enough you feel sorry a bit for him in the original too o_0
But I digress...
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Was there any point at which we didn't know that the characters only existed in a fantasy world, controlled by the whim of a mentally deranged talking animal?

Don't hurt me...
Last edited by Sleet on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

That's not a very nice thing to say about Rick.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Sleet wrote:Was there any point in which we didn't know that the characters only existed in a fantasy world, controlled by the whim of a mentally deranged talking animal?

Don't hurt me...
*stabs*
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
tikian12

Post by tikian12 »

Agreed.
devils

Post by devils »

what if king is just passed out from being drunk and this is all a dream?
Cinder:S:5 P:6 E:3 C:5 I:8 A:7 L:2
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

devils wrote:what if king is just passed out from being drunk and this is all a dream?
I really doubt that it will be all a dream. King might wake up and think it was a dream but it wouldn't actual be just a dream.
devils

Post by devils »

IceKitsune wrote:
devils wrote:what if king is just passed out from being drunk and this is all a dream?
I really doubt that it will be all a dream. King might wake up and think it was a dream but it wouldn't actual be just a dream.
well i was just thinking of something along those lines, that way everything could go back to normal
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Perhaps he'll wake up from his drunken stupor and maybe it was a dream. Gasp.
devils

Post by devils »

Sleet wrote:Perhaps he'll wake up from his drunken stupor and maybe it was a dream. Gasp.
i actually kind of hope that happens
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Maybe King will think it's a drunken illusion.
devils

Post by devils »

maybe he's still knocked out from the fall down the stairs and will wake up next to his cage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Ohmygawd, a kitsune. Totally awesome.

Also: This strip is both cute and possibly the weirdest thing ever. I'm pretty much as confused as King is. Are we to suspect that Spirit Dragon has a crush on Peanut now? And to which cat is Pete referring? (Edit: oh. Grape. Duh.)

Edit again: I just noticed Pete's character sheet. So that's his real name. Awesome. I'm also curious just to see how eccentric this love enneract can get. I love the weirdness of it all.
Last edited by Sleet on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Amagad, Ninetails?!
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sooo, King is Pete's avatar? The Tarot is the dragon's avatar, but the dragon is tarot. Why doesn't Pete just be his own avatar.... *confused*
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Also, Pete in last panel = Epic.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

lol at the last frame. XD
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Sleet wrote:Ohmygawd, a kitsune. Totally awesome.

Also: This strip is both cute and possibly the weirdest thing ever. I'm pretty much as confused as King is. Are we to suspect that Spirit Dragon has a crush on Peanut now? And to which cat is Pete referring?

Edit again: I just noticed Pete's character sheet. So that's his real name. Awesome. I'm also curious just to see how eccentric this love enneract can get. I love the weirdness of it all.
My guess is the cat is Grape.... :shock: :?
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

The plot thickens :mrgreen:

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I love the Kitsunes’ face in the last panel its priceless and so is Pete’s and they are all Nerds absolute Nerds.
Also question so if Tarot and the Dragon aren’t the same person then that means Tarot is not in love with Peanut only the Dragon is. Right i’m understanding this here right or are they the same person and I'm just confused?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

My guess is they both are.
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

Hmmm.... Image

Outlandish? Perhaps. Ridiculous? Feasible. Unnecessary? Absolutely not.
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
metaecho

Post by metaecho »

IceKitsune wrote:question so if Tarot and the Dragon aren’t the same person then that means Tarot is not in love with Peanut only the Dragon is. Right i’m understanding this here right or are they the same person and I'm just confused?
It seems the dragon (our lovable tarot) is controling out loveable tarot as an avatar.. so Im guessing tarot is in love with peanut, but the dragon is controling tarot. (CONFUSING NO?)

anyway, it seems the higher beings drink coke.
HELLO THERE
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sleet wrote:My guess is they both are.
But Pete implied that Tarot isn't and the Dragon is basically forcing her to be with him I think I really don't know whats going on here like at all.
Two_Twig wrote:Hmmm.... Image

Outlandish? Perhaps. Ridiculous? Feasible. Unnecessary? Absolutely not.
I swear if this is true this will be the coolest thing ever.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ratros

Post by Ratros »

OMG, like Rick totally didn't make the fox thingie have a beard, that, like totally makes the whole comic suck now. How dare he not give the all powerful being a beard, it's like mandatory or something. I'm never reading this comic again!

...for those who don't get it, cause I know there will be somebody out there, it's called satire.
And then God saw the havoc that humanity had wrought upon the earth, and he said unto them 'muffins and cookies kids, get off my lawn'
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

That IS Max, come on now! :P
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

The point of whether Tarot and the Dragon are the same entity or not is poorly defined, as of yet, and Rick is probably too much of a furret to give a straight answer; however, the fact that both of Pete's prospective avatars (Grape and King) are living individuals and not just manifestations of Pete himself suggests that Tarot, too, is a separate creature.

On the other hand, Pete clearly has a penchant for bending the rules, as the Dragon asserted; he makes a bogus claim in regard to her moving the Temple, and appears to be lying outright when he says that Joel gave him permission to change him into King (Joel did do this, believing that Pete was nothing more than a figment of his imagination, but not until after Pete had already transformed him). This means that he could be playing fast and loose with the regulations regarding avatars as well. (Exactly what the Dragon did to prevent Grape from being his avatar remains yet to be seen, as from all indications, Grape did exactly what Pete wanted her to).
Last edited by Sinder on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ratros

Post by Ratros »

Sinder wrote:The point of whether Tarot and the Dragon are the same entity are not is poorly defined, as of yet, and Rick is probably too much of a furret to give a straight answer; however, the fact that both of Pete's prospective avatars (Grape and King) are living individuals and not just manifestations of Pete himself suggests that Tarot, too, is a separate creature.

On the other hand, Pete clearly has a penchant for bending the rules, as the Dragon asserted; he makes a bogus claim in regard to her moving the Temple, and appears to be lying outright when he says that Joel gave him permission to change him into King (Joel did do this, believing that Pete was nothing more than a figment of his imagination, but not until after Pete had already transformed him). This means that he could be playing fast and loose with the regulations regarding avatars as well. (Exactly what the Dragon did to prevent Grape from being his avatar remains yet to be seen, as from all indications, Grape did exactly what Pete wanted her to).
He will bring about the beginning of the end! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo~

...make enough sense?

Edit: I mean that in the nicest way, just want to know if you need me to go into more detail.
And then God saw the havoc that humanity had wrought upon the earth, and he said unto them 'muffins and cookies kids, get off my lawn'
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Is anyone else besides me waiting for King to chime in: "Do I have any say in this?! What gives you the right?!?!!"

King could develop a deep seated resentment of the universe and life in general as a result of this, and trade one set of issues for another. :? I guess I'm lucky this is a PG rated comic, then! ;) : This seems to fit Peanut's description of "much too dark" for one thing. This is NOT the direction that Housepets takes: no one deserves to feel alone and forgotten by the cosmos (Let alone ABUSED, MISTREATED, USED and/or TOYED with! :shock:), and the n-ple Date arc proved this. For these reasons, though it would be darkly and strangely humorous, I say that the above scenario CANNOT and WILL NOT occur.

EDIT: Added more stuff.
Last edited by PhoenixAsper on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

What if Joel woke up and all this being turned into a dog and meeting a giant green talking dragon and a towering magical blue jerk griffon was all a dream? That would be the ultimate plot twist.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

PhoenixAsper wrote:Is anyone else besides me waiting for King to chime in: "Do I have any say in this?! What gives you the right?!?!!"

King could develop a deep seated resentment of the universe and life in general as a result of this, and trade one set of issues for another. :? I guess I'm lucky this is a PG rated comic, then! ;)
I am, but I have a feeling he may yet do so, at some point.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Typhon wrote:
What if Joel woke up and all this being turned into a dog and meeting a giant green talking dragon and a towering magical blue jerk griffon was all a dream? That would be the ultimate plot twist.
That would mess with everything that happened with Grape, Peanut, Fox, Sasha and Bino as well though.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Typhon wrote:
What if it was all the dream of an autistic--wait I already did this joke
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

what if WE are living in some kind of U&U Game world?! My mind... is crashing of overstiiiiiiiiiiiirgl
Ratros

Post by Ratros »

rickgriffin wrote:
Typhon wrote:
What if it was all the dream of an autistic--wait I already did this joke
Am I gonna wake up in Kansas with no shirt again?