Who is your favorite Housepets Character?

Discuss the comic here
JohnWillow

Re: Your favourites

Post by JohnWillow »

1. Res (What? You didn't get that from me?)
2. Karishad (Because I love randomness)
3. Peanut (Because I'd love to see his cat obsession return someday)
4. King (nuff said)
5. Sasha (She's pretty)
6. Bino (Love his self centered antics)
7. Joey (He's like so many people i used to know)

Least Fav's (don't judge me)

1. Keene (Can't pinpoint it but I've always found him kind of annoying)
2. Fido (I feel he lacks depth and its like his relationship with Sabrina doesn't exist anymore)
3. Sasha's dad (Given the chance I would pound on him)
4. Max (Too full of himself)
5. Spo (Complains too much, i see enough of that from a certain potty mouthed squirrel)
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

This looks intersting.
-Favorite
1-Joey
2-Max
3-Squeak
4-King
5-Rex

-Least Favorite
1-Bino
2-Penut
3-Karishad
4-Kevin
5-Pete
KogaShinigami
Location: Between here and there, but more there than here...

Post by KogaShinigami »

Favorites? That is a hard question to answer. Personally, I find all the characters fun watch, even Pete and Bino who acted a villains (I say this because you never know) to lesser degree. Everyone is great, but I suppose my favorites are set like this.

1. Is a tie between Peanut and King. Both are great. King's story is very unique in itself and how he's adapted to it all is fun to see. Peanut is a lot of fun and feel like a representation of child like innocence. Plus, he's a cat lover (even if he said he's not) and I can't wait to see how that ends in the long run.
2. Is Sabrina. Not sure why, there's just something about her. I really like her personality and that air mystery around her. Also, can't help but wonder how she keeps her relationship with Fido. If I was her, I would go mad not being able to hang out with my lover in public.
3. Is Grape. She's great and I love her personality, but it feels like to she's at her best around Peanut.
4 Is Res. I can relate a lot to him for some reason. Plus, his fur patten is so cute.
5. Is Max. He's a lot like a friend of mine. Just more charming.
6. Is Tiger. I feel for him, I really do. Yet, I find him funny.
7. Is Fox. He seems different from a lot of the other dogs. Plus, he's a great friend to have.

As for a least favorite, I have none. ^^ I find something to love about all of them.
"Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy, all day. Wearing a backpack and a turtleneck is like a weak midget trying to bring you down."
Gray

Post by Gray »

Ermmm.. 5 would be

1. King
2. Grape
3. Fox
4. Peanut
5. Max

:3
Last edited by Gray on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Gray wrote: 3. Wolf
who's wolf? I suppose you mean Miles or his brother Daryl or maybe de wolf cubs, right? XD
ImageImage
Gray

Post by Gray »

There, thanks for telling me about the mistake. Yeah, I was little distracted and typed "Wolf" instead of "Fox", although the Wolf pups aren't that bad either. x3
Duster

Post by Duster »

Looky here, a thread I have not posted on yet.

Well if anyone even had to venture a guess my Favorite character is Joey, but as for other favorite characters that is more difficult to decide upon.
Since Rick does such a good job at portraying emotions and making characters it really is tough to pick who I like more.

Let's see:
1. Joey (because Joey is awesome!!!)
2. Max (he try's so hard to be a rogue, but deep down he's a softy)
3. Fox (I like how he is one of the most cool and collected characters( although seeing Fox have to deal with personal issues would help his character develop more.))
4. Bino ( He's such a spoiled brat but that does not stop him from being silly, cute or even kind sometimes.)
5. Tiger/Marvin (they tie for fifth place because I cannot decide which one I like better. But to be fair they make a good duo.)

I did not put Grape or Peanut on the list because they are special characters and it is no contest that they are probably the most liked characters in the Housepets
comic strip.
Last edited by Duster on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Does Marvin have much of a personality? He just seems to me like someone for Tiger to play off of.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

Jeez... Favourites? This is gonna be torture...

Ok, let's see...

5. Bino. Just... his antics. He seems to be a bit of a fall-guy, him and his brother Joey, sometimes; but that's what I like about him. He's that one character that everyone loves to hate (or just love in general. I don't know). He's always picking on other dogs, which normally ends up backfiring either inadvertently (Bailey... PAUNCH) or getting hunted down by Fox. Plus, I just have a great idea for in my FanFic dealing with Bino...

4. Fox. He likes books. I can relate. I like to read too. Also he's normally the one who keeps Bino in check and is a great friend to King, especially when Bino starts to be Bino. Also, there's something about neckerchiefs (or scarves. Whichever is actually correct) on dogs that just make them look awesome. My last dog looked dang cool with a neckerchief on, though he sometimes didn't like to wear it... X3...
Miss you, buddy.

3. Miles. For one, I have a bit of a weird reason for liking him so much. In a game called XCOM: Enemy Unknown, you're able to name your characters and give them code-names as well. I knew from the start that all my units would be code-named after animals, and the one designated "Wolf" was a savior to me on many occasions. Him and his shotgun with CQC Reaction shots... Saved injured friendlies so many times. In respect to the awesome wolf that is Miles in HousePets!, that is what the first name of "Wolf" was. And Miles in general is just awesome, being a wolf who wants to fit in with humans but still retains aspects that make him a wolf. Longest description of all entries... surprised he isn't #1...

2. King. He's had so much happen to him, and that's what makes him a great character. Also, props to the "All the King's Men" piece of writing. I heard there was a competition to write part 2 to that, but I haven't found the results or whatever yet... He's also a freakin' cute Corgi. I am still in a lot of anticipation about what lies in King's future. Perhaps some stubby-legged husky puppies? (*brick'd)

1. Fido. It just has to be Fido. I think I said a while ago that King was my fave, but Fido's just taken it for me recently. He's a police dog, probably one of the nicest characters out there, and has a funny little secret. Also, I think it goes without saying that Spo and Fido can't really be separated, so that wise-cracking mouse gets a freebie in the Number 1 slot for me.

And as Duster said before, Peanut and Grape are special cases. They're always at the top. I'm still waiting for that messenger bag of Peanut's. He just looked so cool with that bag! Where is that bag!? X3
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

ATKM was printed in its entirety in the second Housepets! book.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Duster

Post by Duster »

Sleet wrote:Does Marvin have much of a personality? He just seems to me like someone for Tiger to play off of.
Oh you are right, his character is lacking to say the least but I remember them being in one of the first strips I read. So I guess you could say its a special case. Come to think of it, it would be nice if Rick developed Marvin's character more. Maybe him and Tiger could have a falling out of sorts, because let's face it Tiger is pretty crazy so it is bound to happen sooner or later.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I always thought of Marvin as the feline version of Fox. We also got a peek into his character in the Scaredy Cats Arc...
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
PIERULEZ

What is you favorite Housepets Character!

Post by PIERULEZ »

Tell me your favorite housepets character and if you can why!
RULES:
keep it PG
No cursing or swearing
ONLY Housepets! characters
Saturn381

Re: What is you favorite Housepets Character!

Post by Saturn381 »

I would say both Peanut & Grape because they're really fun characters.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Merged into the topic in The Comic!

Also, you don't really need to remind people of the forum rules; they apply everywhere here already. :3
Bamboo

Post by Bamboo »

well I reduce it to my personal top four:

1. Fox, he will be my fav number one for ever. I would love to hang out with him for real, 'cause he is a great dog and I love his personality and his bandana is sooo cool!
2. Miles for the second, he is the strong, reliable, adult, super wolf. Sort of that all, I like him alot <3
3. Max, because he is Max. He is a loveable dork sometimes and I wish he was my pet X3 (and I felt such a pity for him when Sabrinas summoning scared him off)
4. Grape, because she is the greatest tomboy (*cough* or tomcat XD) as I ever seen
"my hunk sense is tingling"
"that's spider-man's power actually"
wait, what?
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Here's my definitive favorite comic characters top 10.

1. Maxwell
2. Grape Jelly Sandwich
3. King
4. Peanut Butter Sandwich
5. Fox Lindberg
6. Sabrina D'Angelo
7. Karishad
8. Fido Byron
9. Sasha Hartford
10. Tiger Arbelt
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sleet wrote:Does Marvin have much of a personality? He just seems to me like someone for Tiger to play off of.
And Max as well, interestingly enough. That's what I like about Marvin, actually. he's like 'that cat', but gets the bonus of actually winning and not getting hurt in the end against the more well-known characters. He's in the safe zone. X3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gren

Post by Gren »

GameCobra wrote:
And Max as well, interestingly enough. That's what I like about Marvin, actually. he's like 'that cat', but gets the bonus of actually winning and not getting hurt in the end against the more well-known characters. He's in the safe zone. X3
People tends to underestimate minor characters because of their little roles, but everyone has a latent potential and when you least expect it, they become as popular or mainstream as any other protagonist, Sabrina and Fox are the (living) proof of that.
Who knows? Maybe Marvin could be more popular than Max or Tiger if he got a chance.
ImageImage
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Here's a list of my favorites. (warning, some of them are ties)

1. Peanut & Grape
2. Fido & Sabrina
3. Miles' cubs
4. Sasha
5. King
6. Fox
7. Tarot
8. Zach
9. Maxwell
10. Miles
RainbowDragon

Post by RainbowDragon »

It is a really though thing to pick a favourite from all the awesome characters in this comic. But if I had to chose, I would say Mr. Bigglesworth ^^
Azsassin

Who is your favorite Housepets Character?

Post by Azsassin »

So, who is your favorite?.... C'mon tell us! Who is the charecter you like the most, Who would you like to see, (and if you want to) why? My favorite is Kevin, I feel like I share stuff in common, working out, can be alittle ditsy sometimes, being known to be funny, etc. We all have a favorite charecter, don't be shy to say, nobody will call anybody out.
Never join something you can't quit. Join something you will stay in.
~Kevin Fan~
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Re: Who is your favorite Housepets Character?

Post by copper »

Guys, there is no need to make more than one thread for the same topic. Before making a new topic, look through the first couple pages to ensure that it does not already exist, okay? After page 3 or so, it is so old you can probably make a new one, but before that, just post into the dedicated thread...
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Pikachu

Post by Pikachu »

I'm Really enjoying everything with King in it! I love how hes together with bailey. I hope Pete doesnt screw it up D:
PIERULEZ

Post by PIERULEZ »

ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!
but if I had to pick a few it would have to be fox king and baily and all of the wolfs
Pladim

Post by Pladim »

1. Grape. She has a past, a story that we do not know, and that intrigues me. As well as her attitude towards others, it always amuses me. She also reminds me of a good friend of mine.
2. Peanut. He is so happy-go-lucky and care free, you can't help but feel happy when you read his dialog.
3. King. again, i'm a sucker for story build-ups and this coming arc (#77) pushed him up my list because we get some answers, maybe.

These are my top 3, some near the bottom, i'm sad to say, are :
Maxwell. Sure, he also has a past(which is a plus), but i'm not a fan of his personality since its very different from my own
Bino. Always on-edge about the other dogs, and doesn't care for cats, personality difference also plays a part.
I'm Blue daba dee daba die
Steps to Enlightenment brighten the way, but the stairs are steep, take them one at a time.
----------
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

I'm not sure, I like tham all but I usually struggle to pick favorites.
dontebell

Post by dontebell »

Peanut.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Interesting question, my good fellow. I shall divide my answer into five categories.
Hero
Peanut Sandwich

Villain
Bino (only because he is always doing bad things)

Guy
1. Fox Falcon :) (just joking)
Maxie
/Max/Maxwell
3. The King
4. Keys
5. Fido

Female
1. Grape Sandwich
2. Sabrina
3. Bailey
4. Tarot
5. Fiddler :?: (I believe)

Mischievous Do-gooders
1. KARISHAD
2. Keene
3. Pete :|
4. Spo :ugeek:
5. The Coons ;)

I believe I have answered the question in the best way I can.

(Oopps. Rez is my #1 favorite guy. :roll: )
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

@Shadowstar. I do believe Rick has referred to Fiddler as a dude before. And besides, Fiddler sounds more masculine then keys.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Rick has confirmed that Fiddler and Keys are one male and one female. He has never definitely said which is which, as far as I know. I think he wants to keep it a mystery
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Hrm.. I remember him referring to Fiddler as a dude in the comment section once....
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

The official position is as Brent stated.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

*shrugs* Okay. But really, it's is to tell who is which gender bypaying attention to their body language, and names.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Except there are plenty of us who think it's the other way around ;)
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

@Superstar
Easy, Easy

I just think Fiddler is a girl, because every time I see Fiddler, s/he is doing something girly.

If you think Fiddler is guy, that is fine. I respect your opinion of Fiddler. :) Please respect mine of Fiddler being a girl.

We will never really know which is which until Rick says so himself. So, until then, lets be friends and have fun and have chocolate cream pie. K? ;)
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Why is it everywhere I go, when i say something, people think I''m angry?! :evil:
^That was a joke.

I didn't mean to diss you're opinion, it's just that ever since I've first started reading Housepets!, Fiddler always seemed masculine, and everyone I know who reads it thinks the same...

OH well.
*takes cream pie*
So, mind sharing the times in which Fiddler seems like a girl?
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Well....There's the time when on their first date, Max and Grape both saw Fiddler trying to make up her mind on she should order while Keys replied in exasperation.

There was also the first time they shown, shortly after Rick started doing everything in color. Keys was trying to think of a day song to play, but Fiddler kept suggesting songs that always had to do with the night. In the end, Keys couldn't do anything but think about night songs.

Also, the time during the amusement park arc, the way Fiddler was dancing just seemed like the way a girl would dance.

Also........................................that's all I got at the moment :)

P.S. The pie is lying.
P.S.S. Trying not to be stereotypical. :?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Shadow, you have Fiddler and Keys mixed up, it appears ;)

To get back on topic:
My favorite is still King and I love Bailey now as well. Their dynamic is lots of fun to watch. :D Can't wait to see how they handle Pete's intrusion.
Speaking of... Pete is also one of my more favorite characters. :twisted: Great guy :P
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

@Obbl
I'm pretty sure I don't :?: , but oh well ............. I agree with you that I want to see how King is getting out of this one.

It is the current arc that moved Pete up in my Mischievous Do-gooders list. ;)