SRP: Snow Tunnels

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

xhunterko

Re: SRP: Snow Tunnels

Post by xhunterko »

"Limit yes. When was the last time you concentrated really hard on something, and then collapsed from exhaustion? That is your limit, and yes," Gunthar said, "It can physically and mentally drain you."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can combine all of those to make a glowing, fiery shield around you, so five, actually six, I think," Gunthar said, watching the fox.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And as Anubis tried the spell, first a ring of smoke appeared in his hands, then it exploded violently into a cloud of ashy smoke, filling the room briefly!

"Cough cough too many combinations! And make sure to display cough them correctly!" Gunthar exclaimed, "Cough or you'll get accidents like cough this!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Good! Then I can teach you much in that department! Luckily, you didn't go to Gunthar, nothing wrong with him, well, we sort of, have a rivalry of sorts, but anyways. Magic!" The lady said, then she lifted a hand, and an ice ball flew from it towards the forest some ways away and exploded into snow.

"Is different here then the world you came from. And different then any magic your world may have thought of or imagined up. As your instructor, I require your apt attention, cause otherwise, mistakes CAN be deadly," she said. Then, in front of her hand, a circle of ice appeared, then on the cardinal directions of that circle, rectangles formed, then dissipated.

"Magic is cast by symbols in this world. Symbols can be drawn using various methods, from tattoos to lead and ink and magic energy itself. This symbol is the one I just cast. To cast magic, draw the symbol on something, preferably in your minds eye," the lady said, "You know, your imagination, some might call it. Now, try the spell as I did, and aim where I did. You do not need to copy the same hand motion, however. You just need a motion of an exit path for the spell from your body. Begin."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The spider robots, agitated, left the scene and rolled down the path, away from Maut, and back towards Gunthar's bakery. Gunthar heard and sighed. Then he perked up.

"Say now, I have an idea, since you folks know a decent deal about magic," he said, "Would you be interested in a monster hunting contract?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

xhunterko wrote:"Limit yes. When was the last time you concentrated really hard on something, and then collapsed from exhaustion? That is your limit, and yes," Gunthar said, "It can physically and mentally drain you."
"I think never," Flynn replied. "Guess I'll just have to risk hitting my limit," he added.
then he started thinking of different ways he could use the spells he learned. He already knew he could use the light spell on anything metal. should he try the one handed fireball again? maybe he could use the fire spell on some object, find a way to delay it and use to delay something or someone if he's chased.

He decided to wait a little before messing with altering the spell itself, so he went ahead and tried the fireball one handed again, holding his paw towards the door and performing the mental symbol
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

As the rest of the group talked about magic, Gil had wandered over to the entrance of the bakery.
He too frowned as the nine robots reappeared. How long would they be stuck here for?
Taking a closer look at the barrier, his thoughts strayed to how convenient it would be if they could create a mobile protective barrier around themselves.

The husky glanced back at the group and listened for a moment to their conversation before turning his attention back to the barrier. It was almost transparent, but it was clearly strong enough to hold back a few of those robots.
Carefully Gil reached out with his hand to see if he could touch it, and was curious to see what it felt like.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

xhunterko wrote: "You can combine all of those to make a glowing, fiery shield around you, so five, actually six, I think," Gunthar said, watching the fox.
"wait...so that is five , the six is....oh never mind" Muiva muttered , still a little bit confused about these spell combinations , imagination what is that ?
xhunterko wrote: The spider robots, agitated, left the scene and rolled down the path, away from Maut, and back towards Gunthar's bakery. Gunthar heard and sighed. Then he perked up.

"Say now, I have an idea, since you folks know a decent deal about magic," he said, "Would you be interested in a monster hunting contract?"
"monster hunting ? Sure , why not , sounds fun to me"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

After zoning out for a bit, Jack went back to the real world at the right time to inhale a large amount of the smoke Anubis created with his combination spell. HRKKKAKKKKAKAKAKAAKCUUUHHHHHHRAKAUHPUHAPUHAPUAK!! He loudly coughed before getting it all out of his lungs. I'm okay. I'm okay. And in answer to your question gunthar, I agree with most of what you said except for the word "contract." What exactly do you mean by that?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

after his little mishap anubis went from dumbstruck to amazed. "best accident ever! it could make a smokescreen or even a closecombat attack!" anubis said ponderi.g
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Monster hunting contract? Cool!" Cryo said. I wonder if I can do the light spell as a bubble. he thought. Cryo traced the symbol in the air and concentrated.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Post by Happiness Designer »

"Alright." Quinn replied. He closed his eyes on concentrated on drawing the symbol.
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

It didn't seem that the leg was responding anymore, and the whirring robot sounds were getting fainter. Maut let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, and his stance relaxed.

"Now, where am I supposed to go from here?" He still could barely see anything, but being in the dark for some time had helped his eyes adjust, so at least he was able to make out shapes and whatnot.

Then, only then, he noticed the faint smell of bread. The mutt instantly drooled, and had to swallow his drool to not let them drip. "Man, that's some nice bread there." He had not eaten fresh food for three days, having to scrounge for scraps in the dumpster, and his stomach promptly growled its approval at the smell. He intently sniffed the air to search for the source of that wonderful aroma... only to learn that it was coming from the same direction as the now vanishing whirring sounds.

"But of course," Maut drily remarked. Still, that smell was irresistibly good. Hence, now letting his nose lead the way, he walked down the path of possible danger, risking his life for good food.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"That's rather dangerous," Gunthar said to Flynn, watching as a fireball went towards the door, "A good way to practice to see what that is, which, you should know before going into battle, is trying a popular light spell exercise. Hold your finger in the air and concentrate the light spell on it, as many times as you can. When you get irritated with it, wait five minutes or so, then keep going. After about the third or so time you should know what your limit is."
After some resistance, Gil's hand neatly passed through the barrier, as seeing, it was only meant to prevent energy from passing through. It felt the same way as if you had just slept on your hand and it was fuzzy feeling all over.
"Yeah, six," Gunthar said to Muiva, and, at a flick of his wrist, a red, hollow disk appeared in his hand, "I'll let you guys figure this one out. Don't use it in here though. It ricochets. You can also combine the fire spell and the light bubble spell to make a shield around yourself. Oh yeah, don't forget the fire spell I used with the halberd earlier. It's simple, just a straight line on a weapon combined with the fire spell in your mind." He then flicked his wrist again, dissipating it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Actually, a better smoke screen would be this," Gunthar said, he then drew a circle that had 8 smaller circles around it, and then combined it with the fire spell.

"So if you folks are interested in the contract, I suggest either you all be interested in it, or you all go see Markus first. Cause you guys work good together in a group, and should know enough magic to defend yourselves somewhat in this land," Gunthar said, "However, the terms of the contract are simple. You guys go out and kill the monsters I specify, and if your successful and come back, I reward you in payment."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And a similar ice ball flew from Quinn's paws to the forest.

"I'm surprised, most visitors usually disregard such things as magic in disbelief, it seems to be natural to you. Now, try again, memorization is important," the lady of the lake said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Maut went down the passage, it became clear that he was in a series of tunnels, for he soon came to what appeared to be a door carved out of stone. As he got closer, he stepped on a pressure plate and it opened. Once he was two steps away, he stepped on another pressure plate and it closed. Plunging the tunnel he was in into utter and complete darkness!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

xhunterko wrote:"That's rather dangerous," Gunthar said to Flynn, watching as a fireball went towards the door, "A good way to practice to see what that is, which, you should know before going into battle, is trying a popular light spell exercise. Hold your finger in the air and concentrate the light spell on it, as many times as you can. When you get irritated with it, wait five minutes or so, then keep going. After about the third or so time you should know what your limit is."
"Guess, I'll have to try that later then," the cat said.
xhunterko wrote:"Actually, a better smoke screen would be this," Gunthar said, he then drew a circle that had 8 smaller circles around it, and then combined it with the fire spell.

"So if you folks are interested in the contract, I suggest either you all be interested in it, or you all go see Markus first. Cause you guys work good together in a group, and should know enough magic to defend yourselves somewhat in this land," Gunthar said, "However, the terms of the contract are simple. You guys go out and kill the monsters I specify, and if your successful and come back, I reward you in payment."]
"Well I'm certainly interested," Flynn said. hmm, he probably knows how much each monster's worth, so it may prove difficult to scam him out of more money, he thought to himself. and if I sit back and let the others handle this, they could tell him not to pay me, so I will need to help.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Hmm..." Gil slowly waved his hand through for a few more seconds before pulling it back.
Turning back he walked over to the group as they decided where to go.
At the mention if the two choices Gil was leaning towards finding Markus, he was the guy that's gonna help them get back home after all. But he'd wait for everyone before he said anything...

Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"well I'm good either way" Muiva said , lazily leaned back against a wall "so , what do you guys think ?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Well if those are the only terms then I guess I'm in. Jack said. He'd had people trying to get him to sign much worse contracts than this. I just hope they aren't to far out of the way. It would be both tiring and time consuming. I'm kinda interested in seeing the dogs and cats of this universe. Seeing how different things are.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hotep the psychic

anubis drew his miniature scythe and one of his climbing pickaxes. "lets do it" anubis said in agreement he concentrated the fire spell onto what he held.
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Sounds good to me." Cryo agreed, sitting down on the floor.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

"It didn't surprise me that much. I already saw some wierd robots and a talking raven of some sort, it seems to fit in." Quinn replied before trying the spell again. He took a breath, aimed, and tried the spell again.
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"What the heck?!" Maut exclaimed. Never mind the darkness, he was more surprised that this place had pressure switches and stuff! Does this mean that this cave might be full of traps and such?

The mutt gritted his teeth in annoyance, but he accepted that small truth anyways, like he always do. So, he went down to the floor on all fours to try and make out the switches, using both his eyes and nose. Once he made out two of them, he gingerly pressed on the one that was farther from the door.

(I guess this is where I should be using those action gems? I'll put two in then)
((OOC: Also, never knew that one word for 'full of traps' is censored, funny to see it being replaced by birdie, of all things xD))

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Well good, the first thing I'll have you folks do then, is head to Markus. Not only will he be able to answer each and every question you have, he'll also be able to teach you some healing spells. Which, he will once you tell him I've given you guys a job, once you've seen him, you'll need to get back down here," Gunthar said, "Which, I admit sounds a little backward, but, all travelers need to see Markus. It's law. After which you guys will be well enough equipped to take on the nest I'm sending you after. Those spider robots? They're part of a larger nest here in the mines connected to the plaza just a tunnel south of here. They're a nuisance, and have been to shopkeeper and traveler alike. We've never been able to get people to go after them, no matter what the rewards. Always too dangerous, they say. Well, you guys've faced them before. They just burn ya if your not careful, and they have really, really, really bad aim. You could be standing there in front of them. Unless they're the queen's guards, those are a tad more dangerous, so is the queen." Gunthar paused to take a breath, the cookoo clock by his desk struck 2 o' clock. He regarded it a minute before continuing.

"The Spider Queen herself is only half as accurate as the minions. That's cause they're old, old robots. Going back to before the first war. Two good fire mages could clear the nest out in a day. That's not the only thing in the mine though, there's trolls too, small green things that'll come up to you in your sleep and drag you off for supper. Nasty things, kill those and I'll give you a bonus. As far as the mines themselves, they're not THAT complex. There's a few side caves here and there and maybe some leftovers from the old war, but it's already been go through by scavengers, if you're lucky you might find some, but any way," and at this, Gunthar went to his desk and brought out a pen and paper.

"This here's legal paper, good for all things such as contracts. Magic's in most everything here, it'll know if you do the job or not. So, if your ready and willing to do the job, just sign your first name here," Gunthar said, "It'll also know if I don't keep my end of the bargain, in case your hesitant. Just to clarify. I'm sending you to see Markus, learn more spells, then return, and destroy the Robot Spider nest, and kill it's queen in the mines. Also, I'm asking you to look into and taking care of the troll matter."
And again, an ice ball flew from Quinn's paw.

"Good, good! Now, here's a bit more difficulty for you," the lady of the lake said, "Imagine two of the same symbols side by side."
And of course, nothing happened, because Maut had found the pressure plate to close the door. Now a thought popped into his head. What if he ran his fingers along the walls? Would he choose the left side, or the right?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

xhunterko wrote:"This here's legal paper, good for all things such as contracts. Magic's in most everything here, it'll know if you do the job or not. So, if your ready and willing to do the job, just sign your first name here," Gunthar said, "It'll also know if I don't keep my end of the bargain, in case your hesitant. Just to clarify. I'm sending you to see Markus, learn more spells, then return, and destroy the Robot Spider nest, and kill it's queen in the mines. Also, I'm asking you to look into and taking care of the troll matter."
Flynn had to think a bit before signing the paper. I hate signing contracts, they're way too precise. and if it's really magic and can tell if I'm lying about what I've done, it's just that much worse. Absolutely no room for error... of course he never actually said what the payment would be, so I could try some negotiation there, but I'd still need to actually fight.

after a short while, he went ahead and signed tho paper.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

After Flynn had signed the contract, Gil walked up and took a cursory glance at what it said before sighing it himself. He wasn't sure about taking down the robot spider Queen, but he was happy they were headed towards Markus . Maybe he would have more answers of how they got here. And how in the world they were gonna get back.

Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

awww so no easy money ? ah well..... Muiva thought half jokingly while signing the contract , at least this would be fun , have to work a bit , but it should be fun
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Well I've got nothing else to do while I'm in this dimension. Jack said before signing the contract and passing it to the person next to him.

Hotep the psychic

anubis signs as well. "so by my understanding we find marcus then get to the nest right?" anubis said
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I wonder what else we'll have to do here. Cryo thought, signing the contract. His left hand itched, so he removed his glove, showing his scars. Cryo scratched his hand then put his glove back on.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Happiness Designer

"So, who's Gunther?" Quinn asked before concentrating on the symbols side by side.
~ Colors are good. ~
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Maut was starting to wonder why he was following the soft whispering voice in his head on what to do next. Ah well, at least it was something, because he was bummed out that nothing happened after he pressed on the switch.

Hence, with his rod cells fully awakened once again, he started to feel around the left side of the wall, or at least what he thought was his left. He'd be a surprised mutt if something came up under his swarming paws.
(1 action gem, just for kicks?)

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

On the scroll were nothing but the names themselves. And lastly, Gunthar signed the contract himself.

"Never sign a contract with a contractor who's not willing to sign it himself, as my dad always said," Gunthar said, "So, as for pay, after you successfully return, I'll pay each of ya 50 gems apiece. Now, stuff your pockets with as much food as you can, I'll not have you starving, and both the rabbit city south and the village north hate beggars, so come back here for food as pay as well. Also, I suggest you take the overland route. There's been large monsters in the tunnels recently. And if you bring back the Queen's eye itself, I'll give you all a bonus. Now, unless there are further questions I need to scoot to work."
And this time, Quinn's double ice shots split off in different directions swerving violently to the side.

"Mind your concentration! Magic is heavily based on focus. As for Gunthar, he's a baker adventurer and also a traveler greeter, as I am. But perhaps that spell is too difficult for you at this time, try this one," she said, and she drew the ice spell, only this time, a half circle, almost a bell shape, was in it's center.
As Maut ran his hands along the wall, he in fact, did feel something. And with that, the lights came on in the tunnel. Revealing what he felt to be a square shaped switch in the side wall. As well as a second pressure plate in the room in front of the south door.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

xhunterko wrote:On the scroll were nothing but the names themselves. And lastly, Gunthar signed the contract himself.

"Never sign a contract with a contractor who's not willing to sign it himself, as my dad always said," Gunthar said, "So, as for pay, after you successfully return, I'll pay each of ya 50 gems apiece. Now, stuff your pockets with as much food as you can, I'll not have you starving, and both the rabbit city south and the village north hate beggars, so come back here for food as pay as well. Also, I suggest you take the overland route. There's been large monsters in the tunnels recently. And if you bring back the Queen's eye itself, I'll give you all a bonus. Now, unless there are further questions I need to scoot to work."
Flynn started grabbing food and shoving it into his collar pockets. "how exactly do we get to the overland route?" he asked.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

After the rabbit spoke Gil took a large quantity of food for himself.
"Overland? We're going through the snow?" He asked, remembering the hole from earlier.

Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Is there a map somewhere we could borrow at least Gunthar ?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Wait, you mean we're gonna have to walk back and forth and back and forth and back and forth every time we want to get paid!?!? ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGH!!! Jack moaned. Isn't there some sort of teleporting spell? I mean, He said while putting his hat on the ground, if magic can let me do this, He said as he jumped into his hat like Anubis had done with his bag earlier, before sticking his head out, then I don't see why it can't teleport me a couple miles. Also, it's kinda comfy in here. This could be great for invasion! Entire army's could be held in a few carts, and all you'd need to do to get past enemy lines is catapult a few little sacks over them!

Hotep the psychic

"gunthar gave me a map to Marcus's place. since marcus knows more we can follow the map to his place and ask him what we should do next or ask him what he can teach us. then we will focus on finding he spider nest and come back." Anubis said studying gunthars map from earlier slowly making sense of the land marks and other features by comparing them to notes in his journal. "from what I understand so far. which is not much yet it would take around half an hour to get there on foot with no problems whatso ever." Anubis said looking to gunthar.
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Cryo started putting food in his collar pocket. "It feels so weird being around people you don't know that you're going to fight monsters with." he stated.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Happiness Designer

Quinn concentrated on casting the spell the lady had showed him. He thought of the symbol with the half circle in the center and cast the spell.
~ Colors are good. ~
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"Hmm." Maut had one eyebrow raised. Switches everywhere. Well, at least he could see again, and he finally saw the correct pressure switch near the door.
"Here goes," he said to himself with a shrug, and stepped onto said pressure switch.

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Well, all travelers to this realm appear in the same place. There's a hole above the ceiling where you appeared you may or may not have noticed," Gunthar said.
---
After the rabbit spoke Gil took a large quantity of food for himself.
"Overland? We're going through the snow?" He asked, remembering the hole from earlier.
"Says the person I just taught a fire ball a moment ago," Gunthar said.
---
Wait, you mean we're gonna have to walk back and forth and back and forth and back and forth every time we want to get paid!?!? ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGH!!! Jack moaned. Isn't there some sort of teleporting spell? I mean, He said while putting his hat on the ground, if magic can let me do this, He said as he jumped into his hat like Anubis had done with his bag earlier, before sticking his head out, then I don't see why it can't teleport me a couple miles. Also, it's kinda comfy in here. This could be great for invasion! Entire army's could be held in a few carts, and all you'd need to do to get past enemy lines is catapult a few little sacks over them!
"Slow down there fella! Fortunately, after that's been tried, and found out more then a few times, wars are fought the normal way wars are fought. And yes, there's some sort of teleport," Gunthar said, pausing a moment, "But it's usually tied to arcane, dark dark magic or items that are buried far below the surface. Besides, like the fox said, a little walking never hurt anyone."
---
Cryo started putting food in his collar pocket. "It feels so weird being around people you don't know that you're going to fight monsters with." he stated.
"You get used to it," Gunthar said, then he remembered something. He walked over to the door and pushed a few buttons, the shield went off.

"All right, now I best get to work, if you have any more questions save 'em for Marcus," Gunthar said, heading for the door in the back, "Good luck you folk, and thank ya kindly." He finished with a tip of his hat. Then, disappeared behind the back door, that, from the light the heat and smell, was obviously the kitchen.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This time, Quinn was enveloped in a bubble of ice!

"This is a defensive shield. It is only a level 1 though. And will take at most, 20-30 hits, depending on your individual will power," the lady of the lake said, "Now, brace yourself. I am going to injure you. Do not move." And with that, a giant ice knife appeared above Quinn and began falling towards him!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Maut stepped on the plate, the door in front of him opened. Leading him into a medium sized room. A few things immediately caught his attention. Directly south, were 3 doors. On in the center, one to his left, and one to his right. Also, to his immediate left, was another door. It was apparent though, that the smell of bread, and strangely, was that other animals? Was coming from the door on the right in the corner of the room.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Well then, guess we're going back the way we came," Flynn said to the group. "At least we should be able to keep warm."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The mention of the flame spell made Gil realize he hadn't actually tried it yet.
So the dog, hoping to get some practice in before the mission began, walked to the side of the group (not wanting to accidentally burn someone), drew the symbol for fire on his right palm, took a calm, deep breath, and snapped his fingers, hoping to generate a small flame.

Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"alright" Muiva said , tossing a piece of bread up and down "guess we're going then , everyone ready ?"