HPU: Exotic Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

WolvenPaw15

Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Marro stops for a moment, looking around and realizing he had no idea where he was "H-Houston?" he called once more, trying his best to stay calm in his current situation "Houston.... Where are you..."
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Hlaoroo wrote:Listening to their chests with his stethoscope, Geoff is relieved to hear their hearts stabilising and he informs Met that they'll be OK but it may be a while before they wake up..
Met was about as silent as the unconcious roos, staring in shock, and worry. He hadn't wanted to roar, but it was the only thing he could think of to get them out of the doorway. He'd never almost killed anyone by roaring before. Sure, he'd scare plenty of people... even Maria... but they'd always been fine.
Even when the doctor said they'd be fine, all he could manage to say was a very weak "I... I didn't mean to..." before going silent again.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Met sighed when he noticed they weren't paying attention. Well I don;t want to do this but it might work, he thought before taking a deep breath inward.
He then let out a roar, trying to startle the roos out of the doorway
Namine jumped when she heard Met roar.
Hlaoroo wrote:The roar unfortunately has the opposite effect to what Met intended. Already in a state of extreme panic, the JJ's suddenly stop struggling and hang limply, still jammed in the doorway. Geoff nearly knocks the table over in fright and Sue comes running to see what happened, only to find herself face to face with the unconscious roos. Turning to face Met, Geoff finally notices the roos in the doorway and instantly realises what must have happened.
"Shoot! They're from the wild, aren't they? My yell and your roar must have spooked them and them getting stuck has pushed them over the edge into capture myopathy and hyperkalaemia." As he speaks, Geoff runs over, leaving Houston on the table, and pulls the kangaroos out of the doorway, laying them out on the floor and allowing Sue access to the room. Geoff hurries to draw up a syringe of calcium chloride and a syringe of insulin and glucose for each of them according to his guesstimate of their weight. Sticking a needle into each of their veins, he explains what he's doing for Met's benefit.
"Are they going to be okay?" she asked, worried.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

69eist wrote:Houston trembles as his day just got worse.

".....I want my Mommy......"

He starts to tear up.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:Listening to their chests with his stethoscope, Geoff is relieved to hear their hearts stabilising and he informs Met that they'll be OK but it may be a while before they wake up..
Met was about as silent as the unconcious roos, staring in shock, and worry. He hadn't wanted to roar, but it was the only thing he could think of to get them out of the doorway. He'd never almost killed anyone by roaring before. Sure, he'd scare plenty of people... even Maria... but they'd always been fine.
Even when the doctor said they'd be fine, all he could manage to say was a very weak "I... I didn't mean to..." before going silent again.
"It's OK, Houston. We'll find her. Just relax now and let the drugs take effect." While he waits for Houston's injection to kick in, Geoff moves to reassure Met.
"It's OK, Met. It wasn't your fault. You weren't to know. I should have known better than to yell too since that's probably what spooked them in the first place... They should be fine though, when they wake up, that is."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Marro looked to Chem and shook him "C-Come on snap out of it Chem... Please... We're lost... I don't know where we are and... I'm not have any images come to my head... " he tried, wanting someone to talk to so he didn't feel so alone, giving a soft whimper before sighing softly, hoping his mom or one of the girls would realize something was up soon
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The wolf grumbled something under his breath before glancing over at Marro. Without a word the grey wolf took his friend's hand and led him through the town . He continued to mutter something incoherent to himself.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Marro looked to Chem and nodded "Are you doing ok Chem... You've g-gotten quiet..." he asked, gripping Chem's hand a bit tighter, a soft blush crossing his face as he reveals his concern, his tail giving a soft sway
Pet Friendly:
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Houston takes a deep breath and exhales.
"....ppuuuuuuhhhhh....."
He does it again.
"....ppuuuuuuhhhhh....."
He does it one last time.
"....ppuuuuuuhhhhh....."
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Fine." Chem said hastily as he continued to lead Marro down a street and stopped at the first restaurant he saw, which was coincidently the same one he met the black wolf in. But that didn't register to him at the moment.
The wolf let go of Marro's hand as they entered and he walked up to the cashier, asking for a napkin and a pen.

Moments later he walked over to an empty table, sat down and began to scribble something on the small rectangular piece of paper.

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Marro sat across from Chem, looking onto the paper to try and see what he was writing down. Not able to make it out through the paw Chem was using to keep the napkin steady, he sat back and waited patiently for Chem to finish writing "Its... been a nice day thus far Chem..."
Pet Friendly:
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Meanwhile, Houston's Mom, Kimberly, was sitting at a table beside the wolves.

Hmmmm....... I wonder what's taking him so long.....
Last edited by 69eist on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That's it, Houston. Just relax." Geoff moves back over to the table on which the falcon is perched.
"How are you feeling now? You can lie down if you want to. Can you still hear me? Can you feel me touching your wing here?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

69eist

Post by 69eist »

"If this is what it feels like to have lost a wing, then yes....."

Houston tears up again. This time a tear sheds down the side of his beak.
Last edited by 69eist on Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Personas

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Chem stayed silent until he finished writing and then, looked at it for a brief moment before tucking it into a pocket in his collar.
The wolf sighed with relief and then gave Marro a small smirk.
"Yes. Day has been... Interesting." The dog responded.
"In a good way." He added quickly.
Chem looked down at the wooden counter-top sheepishly.
"Not sure if you notice. But. Playing video games. Swimming in rivers. Don't usually do those things. But...."
He looked into Marro's eyes and smiled.
"I had fun today. Haven't done that in a... long time."

Ref Ref!
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Maybe I should check on him.

Kimberly pulls out a radio.

Come in Houston.

Kimberly sees that there is no response. So she tries again.

Come in Houston...... Are you alright?

Kimberly doesn't get a response and starts to worry.

Houston?
My Personas

WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Marro blushes gently, enough to be slightly visable through his fur, making him look away shyly "You... wanna get something to eat? Since we are here... Its on me" he turned back and smiled, putting his paws on the table, his tail thumping the seat as it wagged happily
Pet Friendly:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

hypernovatic wrote:"Are they going to be okay?" she asked, worried.
"I... I think he said that but..." Met was still dealing with what his roar had caused. "But what if they weren't... I'd have killed them..." his voice was shaking a bit.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Namine put her paw on Met's shoulder. "It's not your fault. You were just trying to help them, you didn't know that this would happen." she said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
69eist

Post by 69eist »

WAITER!

She gets up and grabs the nearest waiter.

Where is the nearest vet clinic? I'm looking for a green peregrine Falcon!
My Personas

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Chem nodded, only now realizing he was a tad bit hungry. He got up and was about to go up to the counter when he heard-
69eist wrote:WAITER!

She gets up and grabs the nearest waiter.

Where is the nearest vet clinic? I'm looking for a green peregrine Falcon!
The wolf's ears pricked up and he turned back to Marro with a somewhat worried expression.
"Hmm, peregrine falcon. Sound like someone we know?"

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Marro was already on it "Miss!" he stood up padding over to her quickly "Miss are you looking for Houston!?" he asked a look of concern in his eyes when he heard the words "Pet clinic" leave her mouth "I saw the Pet Clinic moving in so I know where it is! I can show you there!" he was shaking, concerned and hoping Houston was ok
Pet Friendly:
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Let's hurry.

Kimberly gives the waiter the payment and says.

Keep the change!

She leads the wolves to the parking lot and into her car.
My Personas

WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Marro nodded and pointed in the direction he remembered driving into town "Its that way miss, I made sure to remember where all the important places are... Please hurry" he looked to her and then to Chem, a look of worry crossing his face "Please be ok... he muttered to himself
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Chem shared his fellow wolf's worry, though he was astonished by how quickly the woman bustled them into her vehicle. She must be really worried about her pet.

Ref Ref!
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Buckle up, I'm gonna floor it.

She starts the engine.
My Personas

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You had the best of intentions. I'm sure they'll understand when they wake. And that WAS a pretty impressive roar!" reassures Sue with a smile.
69eist wrote:"If this is what it feels like to have lost a wing, then yes....."

Houston tears up again. This time a tear sheds down the side of his beak.
"Hmm. The sedatives and painkillers aren't working then. I must have underestimated your weight. We'll have to anaesthetise you instead." Geoff hooks a mask to a breathing circuit and starts the gasses flowing before slipping the mask over Houston's head.
"Just relax and breathe deeply and I'll have your wing back in joint before you know it." He gently holds the back of Houston's head to stop him pulling out of the mask and waits for the bird to fall asleep.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

69eist

Post by 69eist »

Houston takes in deep breaths as he tries to fall asleep.

=========

Kimberly floors it as the car speeds up, beating the red lights.
My Personas

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"You had the best of intentions. I'm sure they'll understand when they wake. And that WAS a pretty impressive roar!" reassures Sue with a smile.
"You're probably right," he began. "It's just that... I've always hated that my roar scares people. I'm fine with it startling people, but even my housemate Maria was genuinely afraid of me for weeks when dad first got her."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Geoff increases the amount of anaesthetic in the gas mixture as he waits for Houston to pass out.

"I think it's more those lovely sharp teeth you've got that people find intimidating. But I doubt it was your roar that made them pass out anyway. I think it was more the fact that they were stuck in the doorway." Sue is lying slightly - loud noises and restraint are both contributing factors to capture myopathy - but she thinks that it's better to comfort the lion than to tell him the strict truth.

Almost simultaneously, Jake and Joey twitch slightly and shift their heads, their eyelids fluttering slightly as they gradually swim closer to consciousness.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Marro finds himself gripping tight to Chem's paw as his worry increases, quickly letting go as he noticed before pointing to another direction to lead the driver to the pet clinic "We aren't too far away now, I think it's right around the corner" he lead. His head throbbed, he knew something was wrong, trying to calm down as he was surely overreacting, everything was ok, it had to be.
Pet Friendly:
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Houston falls asleep as Kim and the pets make the turn and park conveniently right in front of the clinic.
My Personas

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Chem's hand gripped back as they barreled down the street, his muscles tense. This was mostly caused by the woman's fast driving and though he understood that her per might be in trouble, Chem couldn't help but cringe every time they barely made or ran a red light.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Once the bird is asleep, Geoff wastes no time. He takes careful hold of Houston's wing just above the shoulder and rotates it such that it pops back into joint. He then, rather than putting a cast over the feathers, makes a special splint for the wing, fastening it to Houston's body so that it's stable and immobile. Finally he turns off the anaesthetic gas and gives an injection of painkillers and anti-inflammatories and then waits for Houston to wake up again. The whole procedure takes less than five minutes.

The kangaroos let out a collective groan and begin struggling to sit up.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

69eist

Post by 69eist »

*Tap tap tap tap tap tap tap*

*(OPEN SLAM)*

HOUSTON!

Kimberly scrambles to find Houston in the clinic.
My Personas

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sue jumps up and runs out the front. "Please! We have animals out the back here who are in a delicate condition and need peace and quiet to wake back up. Are you Houston's owner? I heard you calling for him. I'm Sue Kingston, the receptionist here, by the way. Geoff, my husband, is the vet."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

69eist

Post by 69eist »

Kimberly takes a deep breath knowing that Houston is here.

Thank goodness, is he alright?
My Personas

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"He's had a dislocated shoulder and a broken wing. I'll show you the x-rays if you like. Geoff has anaesthetised him and reset the wing and it should heal just fine but he'll be unable to fly for several weeks. I'll take you through to see him but he's probably still asleep. You'll also need to be quiet because we have some kangaroos who'll spook easily. You can talk but just keep your voice low and even. Oh, there's also a lion but he's tame so don't freak out when you see him. Shall we go through now" With that, Sue leads Kimberly through.
"Oh. By the way, I don't think I caught your name. Also, I'll need some proof of ownership too, please. No offence - it's just we need to make sure that we're not giving peoples' pets away to just anybody."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

69eist

Post by 69eist »

Kimberly pulls out her I.D. and Houston's I.D.

Take me to him please. I don't mind following instructions.
My Personas

WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Marro looked to Kimberly and the veterinarian "D-Do we have to wait here?" he asked, he wanted to see Houston to make sure his friend was ok, but if he had to wait there was nothing he could do "I-If we have to wait it will be ok, after all there is a procedure to these kind of things..."
Pet Friendly:
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Kimberly pays close attention to the wolf's behavior as she remembers what Houston said about the two.

Doctor, please allow them this one time to enter. My little hatchling has somethings to resolve today.
My Personas