2014/01/15 - J'accuse!

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
AceVendetta

Re: 2014/01/15 - J'accuse!

Post by AceVendetta »

For those who have not acquainted themselves with Agatha Christie, you should. Reading is almost a second religion in my house (If you put down a book, don't expect to finish it till everyone else in the house has), and there are pretty well three required reading authors: Christie, Tolkien, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Bravo to Mr. Griffin for choosing one of Christie's greatest!

For those of you who like Christie's works, you should read her story "A man in a brown suit". One of her finest murder mysteries with some of my favorite characters (not re-occurring characters even!) from any of her books.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

SO MANY SPOILERS
MUST RESIST URGE TO READ
...VERY HARD TO RESIST URGE TO READ :lol: (I feel like I shouldn't look at the forums for this arc until it's done)
ImageImageImageImage
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

deepskycyan wrote:By the way guys, do you think it'd be better if I read the book now, rather than after this arc finishes? I fear that I may be missing out on some subtle inside jokes.

Also, how long is this novel? If I'm gonna read it, I'd have to do so during my (very limited amount of) free time, and I'm just curious whether I can finish the book before the arc ends? I am not gifted with Peanut's power of super speed reading lul :D
I just decided to start reading the book, and reread whatever of the arc is out before I finish it.
BassGroove

Post by BassGroove »

Had to read before the arc got too far. The rest of everything makes more sense now. Even the hats.
I don't ever remember someone telling me they got hurt from doing something smart -Myself
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

BassGroove wrote:Had to read before the arc got too far. The rest of everything makes more sense now. Even the hats.
Have started reading yesterday evening. I'm now at the same position as the present comic.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
rollingWolf

Post by rollingWolf »

The thing is, do you really want to spoil it by reading the book first?

. . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . . . . spoiler: this is not really a spoiler . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı ¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

swedishWolf wrote:The thing is, do you really want to spoil it by reading the book first?
Yes. I had very big problems to follow the other Let's Imaginate Arcs because of my non existent knowledge of Shakespeare. So they have been very boring for me. This will not happen this time.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
BassGroove

Post by BassGroove »

swedishWolf wrote:The thing is, do you really want to spoil it by reading the book first?

. . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . . . . spoiler: this is not really a spoiler . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Actually now that I think about it, Family Guy had an episode loosely based on "And Then There Were None."
I don't ever remember someone telling me they got hurt from doing something smart -Myself
metaecho

Post by metaecho »

I would like to thank Housepets for introducing me to so many great books.
I'm really glad that Rick chose to do another Imaginate arc.. I'm sure it'll delve into silliness soon. xD
Who's to say it hasn't already?
rollingWolf

Post by rollingWolf »

BassGroove wrote:

Actually now that I think about it, Family Guy had an episode loosely based on "And Then There Were None."
And Then There Were Fewer
¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı ¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı
BassGroove

Post by BassGroove »

swedishWolf wrote:
BassGroove wrote:

And Then There Were Fewer
That'd be the one.
Kaeto

Post by Kaeto »

AceVendetta wrote:For those who have not acquainted themselves with Agatha Christie, you should. Reading is almost a second religion in my house (If you put down a book, don't expect to finish it till everyone else in the house has), and there are pretty well three required reading authors: Christie, Tolkien, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Bravo to Mr. Griffin for choosing one of Christie's greatest!

For those of you who like Christie's works, you should read her story "A man in a brown suit". One of her finest murder mysteries with some of my favorite characters (not re-occurring characters even!) from any of her books.

I was wishing I'd had enough money one time when I was in an antique book store near me. They had the complete run of Sherlock Holmes in the original copies of the Strand Magazine.
Forward The Dinochrome!
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

Peanut ATM Image
A moment of enlightenment...aaaaand it's gone