Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Zander

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by Zander »

"o- ok... call me if you need anything then..." He slowly walked toward the living room.

Joy sniffed the air. "I smell a little bit," She sniffed again "but its getting stronger"
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Neko

Post by Neko »

Cale threw away his old bandages, quickly applying a new one and tying it nice and tight. That's better, Now I need to wipe up everything... He grabbed more toilet paper using it to wipe up all the blood from the bathroom and hallway floor. After throwing that away he made his way to the living room, seeing the weather outside the window. "Well you can't go back outside now..." he grabbed the remote and flopped down onto the couch, turning the TV on. "You have anything in mind to watch?"
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky looked out the window at the rain. "Wow we got inside just in time. No i dont know anything to watch right now.... whats on?"

-Robert Louis Stevenson
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Shep walked over to the entrance of the range and found a weasel, 2 foxes, a corgi and a cat sprawled out onto the floor, apparently being shaken up for some reason. The fox seemed to be shaking the most. Shep titled his head as he kept looking at his feet.

"Uh hi! I'm Shep!" Shep said, greeting them warmly and extending his paw to them. He shook Sam's first, followed by the rest. "Hey Joy, I've got some new friends to introduce!" Shep called out to her and turned back to them. He suddenly sniffed the atmosphere around them. Somehow, a faint smell similiar to that of freshly fired gunpowder lingered among these pets. "Uh guys?" Shep asked, scratching his head fur. "I don't really mean to be rude but, why do you guys smell of guns and bullets?" Shep asked, hoping it wouldn't be what it would be, would it?

Robert was left in a daze as Sid stomped up to the bathroom. He cleaned up the soda which was spilled on the floor and sat down for a while. "Heh...wow....never seen this much pets before..." he said, in a daze of dogs and cats.

"Jacob I'm hungry..." Enya said, still holding on to Jacob. She felt weak and empty inside now that she mentioned about her up coming operation. "Can you help me grab something to eat???"
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam shook Shep's hand, "Well apparently the lights blew up and the sparks caused bullets to go off..heh..." Sam stood their nervously.

-------

Cale held the remote out to Rocky, "Go ahead and surf the channels till you find something you like. *yawn* Im just gonna...take a nap..." Cale rolled over on the couch facing the back of it, closing his eyes.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

thrasherblades wrote:"Jacob I'm hungry..." Enya said, still holding on to Jacob. She felt weak and empty inside now that she mentioned about her up coming operation. "Can you help me grab something to eat???"
"Sure," Jacob replied, standing up and reaching for Enya's paw. "I could use something myself."
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Neko wrote:Sam shook Shep's hand, "Well apparently the lights blew up and the sparks caused bullets to go off..heh..." Sam stood their nervously.
"Hmmmm....okay." Shep said, still sniffing but decided to drop it as he knew what happened somehow. "I didn't catch your names by the way, what's yours?" Shep asked.

"Okay. Thanks..." Enya said, holding his hand tight and folowing him to the grill while hugging him close.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Neko

Post by Neko »

"Oh, I'm Samantha, but just call me Sam. It's nice to meet you, I'm guessing this is your party?"
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

thrasherblades wrote:"Okay. Thanks..." Enya said, holding his hand tight and folowing him to the grill while hugging him close.
"No problem." Jacob smiled and looked over at Enya, knowing that she was feeling troubled. "You don't need to worry so much, Enya."
Last edited by Dr. Prower on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

"Hey there! The name's Frank, Frank Holiday!"
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Hi Sam, nice to meet you!" Shep said, shaking her hand again. "Yeah this party's being organized by me and my dad. We moved in here not to long ago and we're trying to get our roots in this neighborhood, hence the BBQ.." Shep said, ruffling his head fur. "And uh....it's also the opening of our new shooting range....which I think you guys have been in just now?"

He turned to Frank and greeted him. "Nice to meet ya buddy. Oh hey wait....you look kinda familiar don't ya bro?" Shep said, looking at him and looking over at Enya at the grill, who was now with Jacob.
FunkyChickenFace

Frank suddenly realized where they'd met before and felt the awkwardness descend like a blanket.
"Oh.. err, yeah. We've.. umm... met. SO! You mentioned a shooting range? Whas that all about?"
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:Frank suddenly realized where they'd met before and felt the awkwardness descend like a blanket.
"Oh.. err, yeah. We've.. umm... met. SO! You mentioned a shooting range? Whas that all about?"
"Oh well basically, we've opened up a shooting range underground at our basement, for , ya know to shoot some." Shep said. "You guys wanna er...go inside to shoot some as well??" the husky asked them.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky grabbed the remote and glared at it, wondering which buttons changed the channel. "Err-.... which... ones... change it?"

Joy Greeted everybody shyly with a warm smile, listening to the ensuing conversation.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Shep held Joy's hand as he conversed with the rest of the pets. "Oh hey by the way this is Joy. She's my girlfriend and hey, she's a pretty good shooter herself." Shep said, trying to boost up her confidence.
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

Xuan continues on himself as Robert has to attend to something happened just now((the "soda incident")).

While he was startled a bit by the explosion sound, he continues in the direction where the strong gunpowder smell came from, and ended up seeing a small crowd of pet gathering, surrounding what he sees as two foxes and a cat.

"Hmm... now that I heard explosion and- woah... so many new faces here..." Xuan said and was surprised at how many pets are attending this party, he scratches his head fur a bit while trying to see if he can help out or something.

((Maybe I'll let Xuan help Trinket get up, I would really like to get rid of this banner thing :P ))
Image Credits go to NickCole

Xuán Law: Brookshire Meadows S-4 P-10 E-3 C-3 I-9 A-5 L-8

An illustration of my Rp character by Zander (thanks!)
Another illustration by ctcmjh (thanks!)
Neko

Post by Neko »

"Blue arrows change the channel, green arrows are volume..." Cale snuggled against the couch, getting comfortable.

-------

Sam smiled,"It's nice to meet you all. I'd ask to go down to the shooting range myself but....well, all the lights are out.I've never shot a gun before..."
Zander

Post by Zander »

"Oh-" Rocky started flipping though the channels.

"Well, i- im not that good..." Joy started off, beginning to blush.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
FunkyChickenFace

"Err, well I know I'd love to pop some styrofoam targets in the head," said Frank, still feeling awkward. "And I'm sure you're a wonderful shooter, miss."
Neko

Post by Neko »

"Hmm..." Cale fell into a light sleep just when Mrs.Patterson came through the front door carrying two big paper bags of groceries. "Wow, It's raining pretty hard outside. Well I'm back from the store, had to get groceries." She turned to Cale and Rocky.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Pifer took the towel , scraping it roughly across his eyes. He sighed and stood up as he dropped the towel again, massaging his temples. "Yeah.... I-I'm sorry, really." He said in a leaden tone. "I thought I was done with these episodes, but since the famine..." Pifer trailed off, touching his stomach absentmindedly. He turned suddenly, grasping the door handle. "Anyway, we shouldn't keep this guy waiting." He swung the door open, coming face to face with a strange, shade wearing cat.

-----Going Commando-----

Ian backed away quickly, hands up defensively. "Guns? N-No! I can't shoot!" Terry gave the corgi a sly grin. "Cmooooon! It'll be fun! We can learn together!"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Sid stood in the doorway, soda still dripping in his fur. "What? Another Ferret-thing? Alright, lemme in that shower..."

Rikki moved through the door, pulling Pifer along into the hallway. At that very moment a smell hit him. WILD. WEASEL. FEMALE. He looked wide-eyes at the Weasel: she was almost Pifer's age.

Sid moved past them, into the bathroom where he turned on the water and began to take off his sticky jacket and collar. "Man, this sucks, I can't believe I'm gonna have to clean this..." He looked in the mirror: his belly and face had gone from white to a dirty yellow, and it was all over his arms. He tossed his jacket and collar in the sink, stepping into the shower.

Rikki pulled Pifer back a bit and talked to him in a hushed voice, "Alright man, looks like you've got some GREAT luck here. Don't freak out, just be cool, ok? Just stay calm and be cool."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Pifer glared at the rude cat as Rikki dragged him away. He was about to ask Rikki about the cat when the scent hit him. He spun around quickly, grabbing Rikki's shoulder, but the raccoon had already seen her. Pifer gawked, barely listening to anything Rikki was saying. Finally, Pifer straightened up, leaning in close to Rikki. "Cool?!" He hissed. "Whatta you mean 'cool'?! I am anything but cool right now!"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki held onto him "I know I know, just take a deep breath, and try to stay calm with her. You don't wanna make a bad impression. I know, why don't I talk to her first and then I can introduce you as my cool friend or something, yeah, you want me to set you up?"

---------------- At the station... ----------------
Jack looked down at him and kept stroking, "An enclosure is like a closed area where they can live like they were in the wild, and they stay safe and well-fed. I dunno why people would want to watch animals, I think people like to feel like they're learning about them. Sometimes an animal is taken out of a preserve which can no longer support it, and is sent to one of those enclosures in something called a zoo. We have something like that in the park, the visitor's center, I think Rikki showed you it. The difference is that the zoo has real animals. If your family's there, it should be easy enough to get you in too, so you can live there with them..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke twitched a bit, and raised his hand to accept the shake, before curling up on the spot, still shaking. "I-I'm Zeke. Your basement," He wanted to go on, but found he was like jello. He wanted to tell them what had happened, but it was like his energy was slipping away. He let himself go unconscious again.
~Rubin
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Pifer couldn't help but laugh at that. He patted Rikki on the back. "You're too kind." He said sarcastically, but grew suddenly serious. "No, but seriously. That would be great."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki grinned, "Alright, here's what I'm gonna do. I'll go upto her, and you wait here until I call you over. Ok? Let's do it." Rikki turned around and took a deep breath walking up to Pifer's potential mate, rubbing a paw on his belly and holding it out, palm-up for her to sniff it, "Hey there, you must be new to the area. My name's Rikki, Rikki the Raccoon, I live with the local Ranger. So what would a pretty girl like you be named? Hmm?"

(( Now we wait for DarkHearts. XD You should get on IRC... ))
FunkyChickenFace

Meanwhile, Matt dodged out of the way of the opening door and eavesdropped from the corner, snapping photos on his phone.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin thought about the idea of living in a zoo. He imagined a zoo like the displays at the visitors center, a small enclosed area full of fake vegetation, his pack on display for humans to see them. The idea scared him, it's not how he wanted to live the rest of his life. How was he suppose to find a mate? If he lived in a zoo he would never be able to go on his first hunt. Darin looked to Jack with tears in his eyes. "B-but, I don't wanna live in a zoo...I just want to go back to our forest..." He buried his face in Jack's shirt, trying to stop his crying.

------

Sam looked down to Zeke, seeing him pass out. She knelt down next to him,"Zeke? What's up with you and passing out today? *sigh* Zeke, wake up!"
FunkyChickenFace

Frank poked Zeke with a toe.

No response.

Frank poked him again.

Still no response.

Frank wrung his fur out on Zeke's head.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Neko wrote:Darin thought about the idea of living in a zoo. He imagined a zoo like the displays at the visitors center, a small enclosed area full of fake vegetation, his pack on display for humans to see them. The idea scared him, it's not how he wanted to live the rest of his life. How was he suppose to find a mate? If he lived in a zoo he would never be able to go on his first hunt. Darin looked to Jack with tears in his eyes. "B-but, I don't wanna live in a zoo...I just want to go back to our forest..." He buried his face in Jack's shirt, trying to stop his crying.
Jack sighed, hugging the pup a bit, "I'm sorry Darin, but I don't think that's gonna happen... Yorkshire is expanding, and it's hurting alot of animals, but there's nothing either of us can do about it. You've just gotta be strong. The zoo's not so bad: they make sure the animals there are happy and healthy, and you'll get to be with your family again..."
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Zeke sputtered as the water his his face. without opening his eyes, he replied, "Hi Frank. I didn't know you were here!" he sat up and surveyed his surroundings. Lets see, not dead Trinket, sopping wet Frank, Sam, strange house with that smells like potting soil...... Suddenly feeling rather uncomfortable, he looked up at the others.
Last edited by Rubin on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Rubin
Neko

Post by Neko »

"No...No..." he whimpered into Jack's shirt. "How will I find a mate? *whimper* How will I go on my first hunt? *whimper* H-how..." He choked on his tears, stopping him from speaking. He just couldn't imagine a life in captivity, to be a toy for the humans.

--------

Sam stood up, holding out her hand to Zeke. "Zeke are you alright? That's the second time you passed out today..."
FunkyChickenFace

"Zeke... does that, Sam," said Frank. "He fainted a grand total of four times the day of the party. Or something like that. Either way...."
Zander

Post by Zander »

Joy blushed again, looking down at the ground, not saying anything else. Not noticing the zeke passing out.

"oh boy! I'm so hungry, I can eat a-" he stopped mid sentence realizing what he was about to say.."- a ps3... Yeah that's what I was going to say... Hehehe..."He scratched the back of his head.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Neko

Post by Neko »

Cale grumbled, rolling onto his stomach and burying his face into the cushions. "Well I'm going to get started on dinner. How does chicken pot pie sound?" She asked, walking through the hallway to the kitchen.
Atari

Post by Atari »

Kyra hadn't been listening to anything around her, but instead was intent on wondering what she smelled. Almost burning-- no, being cooked... She immediately lost emotion or barely any thought as she realized it was food. She looked around for the smell, and eventually came across a grill. She snapped back to her senses, and said, "Uh... is there any food? Or a line? Where am I, anyway?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Meanwhile, an errant spark jumped off the unattended grill. If it had remained outdoors, it wouldn't have been a big deal, but indoors, it jumped straight into the trashcan, starting a small fire. Black smoke started to rise from the trash can, but there was no smoke detector in the room (that's why the charcoal grill didn't set it off), and so there was no alarm.
A fire was now growing in the trashcan, unseen.

---------------- In case you were wondering what was happening at the Ranger's Station... ----------------

Jack sighed, sitting up to comfort the crying puppy in his lap. "It's ok, Darin, the zoo has mates..." He really didn't want to talk about this to the wild pup: the breeding programs at Zoos only took 1 male from each generation. Darin wasn't likely to be picked. Darin would spend the rest of his life in an enclosure, unable to mate, and for a wild animal, that was like dying. He sighed, cuddling the pup a little more, "Don't worry Darin, they might not even be going to a Zoo. Thy could move them to another preserve, maybe even this one. Everything will be ok, you don't have to worry right now..."
Atari

Post by Atari »

"OH MY GOSH! Nobody's watching this thing, a fire could start!" Kyra looked around, and saw a glow near a cylindrical container of trash, like that of fire. "OH MY GOSH! Fire is bad for my allergies!" She hesitated for a second. "Oh, and I'm supposed to warn others too, right, right." She hesitated for another second. "FIRE OVER BY THE GRILL! FIRE! Did I do that right?"
FunkyChickenFace

Frank sniffed the air. He thought he smelled plastic burning, but figured it was just something had fallen into the grill. Meh, there were more interesting things to worry about at the moment.

"So.. err... this is kinda awkward....." he said to nobody, fiddling with a claw.