HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

xhunterko

Re: Pet Friendly: Blue Peak Shore

Post by xhunterko »

Monique paused the play.

"Yessir, just listening to a radio play," she said, then she turned it back on, although just at a couple lower volume notches.
valerio

Post by valerio »

hypernovatic wrote:"Well, I haven't thought about it much." Shukaku replied.
"While you think about it, could you please show some of your sketches to me? You have an interesting technique from what I see."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Oh, sure." Shukaku replied. He put his pencil down and showed the man his sketch.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

spencers examined them with utter attention. Eventually he gave them back to tha cat.
"Say, would you like to do a whole gallery? I could give you all you need to do some painting. I want to show my visitors that pet art can sell well."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Shukaku was surprised by this. "Um, sure." he replied, now a little nervous.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Any problem with this idea? Do you want to talk about the pay?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I don't see anything wrong with it. Um, I don't have anything to say about the pay. I didn't think I was going to get paid." Shukaku replied.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

Spencers chuckled. "Oh, when it comes to animal rights stay sure I *respect* them"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Okay, so what exactly do you mean by a 'whole' gallery?" Shukaku asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

hypernovatic wrote:"Okay, so what exactly do you mean by a 'whole' gallery?" Shukaku asked.
"I was thinking about an exposition along the corridors of the first floor, for a starter. Twenty pictures. Landscapes, animals, sites, people. Portrayed in your style. $100 a picture, for a starter."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Wow." was all Shukaku could say.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

"I'll take that as a yes?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Of course, but when do I need to have all of the pictures done?" Shukaku asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Thad depends on you. We'll be using digital canvas to display the works you will be realizing on actual canvas. Then, if the response is positive, we'll talk about getting you an agent and sell outside Meriweather Island."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Oh, okay. So, what would you like me to start drawing first?" Shukaku asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

hypernovatic wrote:"Oh, okay. So, what would you like me to start drawing first?" Shukaku asked.
"Whatever suits you." The man searched his pocket and handed an electronic keycard to the cat. "The attic. My quarters. There, you will find my PR staff, probably busy spilling venom over some new marketing campaign. Tell them I sent you. Oh, and don't be afraid: They don't eat live meat."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Shukaku took the keycard from Spencer. "How do I get there?" he asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Back to the hall. Elevator. Slip the key into the reader to unlock the attic button. Press. When you are out of the elevator, there's one door facing you. Ring. Show ID to my assistant."
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

"so how much further to the mountain?"anubis asked looking around.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Almost there," Wrecker answered.
The tall mountain was towering over the group by now, its peak hidden by the thick clouds. The tall waterfall was roaring and letting out a mist of spray that created its own rain. At the base of the fall, the water fell into a lake, creating an immense roaring cloud.
"That's Thunder Lake," Rain said. "You can imagine why they called it so. They say only the mightiest warriors can survive a dive into those waters. Humans forbid the tourists to try that, although recently a lover of extreme sports tried anyway. What was left of him was put into a bucket."
Hotep the psychic

"sounds like angel falls and niagra falls had a kid. those are two of the largest waterfalls. both have had people die. eeeeh.....so im guessing were climbing the mountain?"anubis said looking at the falls as high as he could to see the top
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Not exactly," Wrecker said. "Have a better look."
She was right: By looking harder, one could see the...stairs. They made a clear line, probably the longest staircase in the world, sculpted in the rock, running along the mountain up and up, probably to the very top.
"We'll walk," Rain said.
Hotep the psychic

"then we better get started then huh?" anubis said dismounting, shaking himself off, then betan to the stairs.
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

valerio wrote:"Back to the hall. Elevator. Slip the key into the reader to unlock the attic button. Press. When you are out of the elevator, there's one door facing you. Ring. Show ID to my assistant."
"Okay." Shukaku said. He got up to leave. "Well, bye." he told the man, walking off to the hall. Shukaku walked into the elevator. He slipped the key into the reader and pressed the attic button. When he got out of the elevator, Shukaku rang the doorbell.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:"then we better get started then huh?" anubis said dismounting, shaking himself off, then betan to the stairs.
The horses exchanged a puzzled look. "Uh," Rain said. "Are you sure you're just going to do this? Without resting a bit? And what about food? I mean, that thing is over 2km tall, and the stairs are *longer* considering that they run along the mountain."
---
hypernovatic wrote:"Okay." Shukaku said. He got up to leave. "Well, bye." he told the man, walking off to the hall. Shukaku walked into the elevator. He slipped the key into the reader and pressed the attic button. When he got out of the elevator, Shukaku rang the doorbell.
The door opened a moment later, revealing a puzzled she-wolf. She was tall and bristling with muscles. She wore an elegant collar and a short green cape. "And you would be, mister..?"
---
The jeep stopped at Lancaster. The rain had stopped, and the air smelled of fresh sea air and sand.
"We're here, ma'm," the human driver said, before unlatching the cage. "Sorry for taking so long, but bad weather will do this to our speed. Hope you had a comfortable trip."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"It was good," Monique said, the thrill of the play still going through her.

"So where do I go now?" She asked.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"It was good," Monique said, the thrill of the play still going through her.

"So where do I go now?" She asked.
"Well, I really don't know. The inhabitants of Lancaster may be pretty...elusive when they want to. Tell you what, why don't you get in touch with the gy you must meet, instead?" he produced the phone and speed-dialed Levi's number, as instructed.
Hotep the psychic

"oh my bag carrys what i need. decides youll be suprised how far i can go without food. and i always like a challenge, dont worry about me"anubis said adjusting the bag on his back before starting up the stairs at an even pace.
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I'm Shukaku." Shukaku replied. "Spencers sent me. Here." Shukaku showed her the ID.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:"oh my bag carrys what i need. decides youll be suprised how far i can go without food. and i always like a challenge, dont worry about me"anubis said adjusting the bag on his back before starting up the stairs at an even pace.
Wrecker shook her head. "Well, at worst we'll carry you back down. So, have you ever seen anything like this in your travels?"
---
hypernovatic wrote:"I'm Shukaku." Shukaku replied. "Spencers sent me. Here." Shukaku showed her the ID.
The she-wolf examined it. She let out a gruff sigh. "So typical of him. What he sent you for here?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Luke's hands were shaking as they walked down the hall. Amber held one to stop it.

"It's going to be fine dear," she said, to the rabbit, "He doesn't like going to the doctor."
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Oh, I used to be afraid of them, too. At first. But then I stopped being sick. Good motivator."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

valerio wrote:The she-wolf examined it. She let out a gruff sigh. "So typical of him. What he sent you for here?"
"He sent me here to talk to the PR staff about a gallery." Shukaku replied.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

The female moved to let the cat pass. "You're in the right place. At the wrong time, as usual." Then, almost howling, to the adjacent room, "ILYA! Spencers found an artist for the gallery!"
the door was closed. A roar not unlike a dragon's shook it. "OH, REALLY?! ANYTHING *ELSE* I SHOULD TAKE CARE OF?? TELL THAT didididididit HUMAN THAT I AM NOT HIS SLAVE! I AM GONNA KILL HIM! I HATE YOU ALL!"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Shukaku almost fell backwards when he heard the roar. "Um, is this normal?" he asked, a little scared.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

The she-wolf nodded, patting his shoulder. "She's in a fairly good mood. Last time she was *really* mad, we had to clean up a bloody mess from that room--"
The door slammed open. A female hyena, built not less impressive than the wolf, wearing jewels and a nice cloth that left few room to fantasy, stomped out. "You can say that again! Ever since those" dididididit "pirates attacked, I had to work like crazy to convince those touristic tadpoles that the animal staff here doesn't constitute a security risk and then they asked me how did I know it and I answered that Spencers selected them personally and then they said that he messed up royally and then I ATE ONE!" she ended the last word much with the voice of Smaug when he was in a foul mood.
She finally realized the presence of Shukaku...or better, she looked at him as if the poor cat was the unwanted dropping of a bird on the parquet. "You an artist?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Y-yes." Shukaku said, now nervous and backing up a little bit.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

"without the steps it would be similar to a climb i took in the himalayas. the stair climb reminds me of the statue of liberty and the uh...oh yeah hong kong trade center. nearly 200 flights of stairs with around 25 steps a flight. but in relation to the mountain as a whole the inca and aztec mountain villages would be closwst to similaritys. they both are quite tall with man made steps in e dirt and rock." anubis said continuing his climb at an even jog his focus now straight ahead at the curve of the stairs on the mountain.
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

The hyena looked at the sketchbook in shukaku's paw. "Your work? Are you going to show me that? I haven't eaten yet, mind it."
---
"Well, that's good to know. Anyway, have you noticed that sort of terrace, not much far from here?" Wrecker was referring to a natural structure trough which the immense waterfall would run. A luscious vegetation grew on it, like a forest island suspended in the mists generated by the water. "We'll take our first stop there. Hope you don't mind."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"S-sure." Shukaku said, handing the hyena his sketchbook.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT