Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Foxstar »

Been playing a lot of PS4 stuff lately. Like ACIV, Zen Pinball 2, Lego Marvel Super Heroes and Super Motherload.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Tales of Innocence R. Fun stuff.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Just when I thought I had beaten Super Mario 3D World, there are more levels. And more levels. And more. This game is awesome. XP
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Playing some Persona 4 Golden. :3
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

I recently downloaded SteamWorld Dig from the Nintendo eShop on my 3DS and I'm enjoying it very much. You basically play a robot and you dig downward to gather precious minerals, bring 'em to the surface, sell them, and do it all again :D. I highly recommend it for people who have $10 extra on their eShop balance.
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

*Turns on Pokémon X and goes to a Pokémon center* ... *Gets showered by a Happy Birthday cake on the screen and lots of corny birthday whistles* <3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

I recently started playing Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria again. Can anyone help me out with the battle system? I just can't seem to coordinate my attacks properly.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I haven't played in a long time, but it's mostly about juggling who you are attacking in order to keep doing off finishing strikes.

If my memory serves best, you want to use Melee players to start the chain off since they are the hardest to do combos with, but they are the ones that usually have the best chances of getting off chain finishing strikes. Since the game has a LOAD of melee characters, you'll find there's a lot of variety, but generally speaking: you want them to be the ones to start off combos with. Archers or anyone that shoots generally home in on the target and never miss, but aren't as good with finishing strikes as meleers. Casters hit the hardest, can switch spells to fulfill needs in fights and usually have the strongest finishing strikes, but they are bad at filling the bar in the first place. you don't want to rely on them for finishing strikes.
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

I'm quite angry because Sonic Lost World had the potential to be the best 3D episode ever made. Unfortunately is broken, sometimes frustrating for issues with the control system and the new features it introduced.

Still, Lost World is better than Colors. But it feels like a wasted chance to make something superior.
Sleet wrote:Just when I thought I had beaten Super Mario 3D World, there are more levels. And more levels. And more. This game is awesome. XP
As you beat world 8, you're more or less at the half of the game.

Remember not to miss any star or anything! Also, take the golden flag of each stage, or it won't unlock the final stages!
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

It's well worth the effort in the end, I just enjoy helping my bro get all the stars using Matatabi and Kitsune Luigi. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

GI said sonic lost worlds was a complete rip off of Mario Galaxy.

DEATHSTROKE!!!
Gawd, I can't torture penguin with out getting grappeled.
Deathstroke is awesome, but super hard.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention. May the grind fests begin.
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

MrNeonShot wrote:GI said sonic lost worlds was a complete rip off of Mario Galaxy.
I can confirm it's not completely true. It is for 1/5 of the structure. For 3/5 of the time it reminds more of Mario 3D World. The remaining 1/5, it's the classic 3D Sonic we saw in the last years

The Mario Galaxy level structure is mostly used against the relative stage boss. After all, Sonic's control scheme is quite different from Mario's-- a complete ripoff would produce a mess, Sonic's high speed moves would be impossible to reproduce. Sonic is slower here, but still too quick to support the Galaxy structure

Lost World is what 3D Sonic should always be. It reached that balance it needed, platforming with less racing game features, and finally, precision with jumps and lock on targets. It's the first iteration in this new form, so i can accept is a little broken with parkour and all... but i want them to keep this road they took. Next time though, if i die, i want it to be because i deserve it, not because i want to do that particular thing and Sonic fails for no apparent reason

Also, next time they should make a better tutorial 'cause i learned how to use autolock attack at half of the game ._.
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I hate the whole thing where Mario games care about hitting the top of flagpoles. That's an artificial difficulty thing. <.<
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

My goals for this year are heavy, but at least now I gotten Pokemon X completed two days ago. Also got Pokemon Y and plan on blowing through that some other time with traded pokemon.

My cousin also bought me Wizardry 6,7 and 8. Fun games, just hard to run. And the Walking Dead - Season 2! :D

Next up on my agenda is Skyrim. I beaten it already, but now I have all the expansions. Was debating using a Argonian, but decided to save that for the new MMO coming out on 4/4/2014 and went Khajeet instead. Go-go-kitty power!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I wish they had wolf characters on there, instead of just cats and lizards.
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

MrNeonShot wrote:I wish they had wolf characters on their, instead of just cats and lizards.
I've not checked, but there could be a mod for that somewhere...there's a lot of Skyrim mods...
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

There are a lot of race mods, everything from wolves to tree people

Best Skyrim mod is the one that makes the Dragons into Macho Man Randy Savage. It's great!
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I've been thinking about trying to beat the Shadow Temple in Ocarina of Time after my some number of months hiatus from playing it. I also found this picture and thought it should be shared here.
Attachments
tumblr_myauh9lWLS1rtq3g3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_myauh9lWLS1rtq3g3o1_400.jpg (55.25 KiB) Viewed 7348 times
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I want to play all 3 timelines of the LoZ.
More specifically, the Adult Link timeline.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

The shadow temple is fun, dunno why people dislike it.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I think it's worse than the Water Temple. I got lost so easily! And I was using a walkthrough!
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

The water temple was pretty easy, once you get the idea of it. Dark link is a fun fight. The same temple is in Twilight Princess if you look at it, and consider its location.

The Shadow temple is more creepy than hard, only the boss is the difficult bit but then that can be easily averted too by using ice arrows or with skill. A picture of the moon can be found in the well and Bongo Bongo was executed and lived where the well stands. :D
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I like the water temple in theory, but doing the whole water puzzle just took so long that it got frustrating. I didn't mind the shadow temple!
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

The Shadow Temple is probably one of my favorite dungeons in OoT. I really like all the darkness ghosty death places in Zelda, they always have a really neat atmosphere. I didn't mind the Water Temple so much once I played the 3DS version since you could turn the Iron Boots on and off at will, though that's probably because I had already played the game so many times anyway. At the very least, I'd take it over the Lakebed Temple in TP any day - to me, that dungeon is everything the Water Temple was said to be.
*cough*
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I am soo close to getting a 2DS right now!
Any game suggestions?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Pokémon X or Y, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Mario Kart are all sweet.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I think the games I want most for the Nintendo 3DS are Pokémon X and Y (Already got), Smash Brothers (Megaman. Argument already won.) and possibly Kingdom Hearts 3DS.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

With the new year comes another Awesome Games Done Quick! This year they are collecting donations for the Prevent Cancer Foundation, so if you want to help out by donating or just want to watch a whole bunch of games played really quickly then go here AGDQ and here is the schedule to see when your favorite games are coming up Schedule.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Kid Icarus Uprising is good. Super Mario 3D Land and Animal Crossing New Leaf.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

So guys, I got a weird thing for a friend and I want all of you to know this is a thing:
Othello on the Atari 2600

However, it is not the play, but I find it's kind of a funny little oddity
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I never played it, but I'll second New Leaf. I've heard all good things.
GameCobra wrote:I think the games I want most for the Nintendo 3DS are Pokémon X and Y (Already got), Smash Brothers (Megaman. Argument already won.) and possibly Kingdom Hearts 3DS.
I'd be more excited for Super Smash Bros. on the 3DS if I weren't more excited to get it on the Wii U. :P
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I don't have a wii u or a 2ds. But, I am almost able to afford one, so...
Super Smash Bros. on da 3DS! Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I've been playing Smash Bros. Melee a lot recently. Probably because my Wii's disk drive is broken so I can't play Brawl or any other Wii and/or Gamecube game on it unless I've downloaded it. *sighs* Oh well, at least I still have my good ol' Gamecube!
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

GameCube is indeed awesome. In the event of a break-in mine is my Melee weapon of choice. :lol:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

In the event of a break in, Wii need to leave the house!
-see what I did there?-
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sleet wrote:
I'd be more excited for Super Smash Bros. on the 3DS if I weren't more excited to get it on the Wii U. :P[/quote]

I would,too! That is, If I didn't already invest in the PS4 for my brother and went strictly PC this generation. =P
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The Gamecube is pretty much indestructible, and the controller is very good. It's a shame it had marketing issues, because it was all-around a really good machine.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

*silently sits in his room playing Tales of Innocence R, Tales of Xillia 2 and Tales of Graces f*
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Megamaster wrote:*silently sits in his room playing Tales of Innocence R, Tales of Xillia 2 and Tales of Graces f*
What are those games about?